Nostalgia thread: Once upon a time in Entropia......

Once upon a time in Entropia, i2870 started drop on snablesnot, and MA in panic shutted down the servers, but abit to late im afraid, since several guns did drop before that... WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME ;)

Ahh I miss that.. I was doing my thing back in those days, skilling on snablesnots north of Camp Caravan and then suddenly 50 ubers came in Shadow/angel/eon and the iggest gun I had ever seen (by that time) and slaughtered all snables they could see....

I got really confused, then a few days later someone told me the reason.. :D

Once upon a time in Entropia, the Service Centers looked like badass sci-fi bunkers made out of -metal- that had been dropped from the sky and planted firmly on the ground.

These days in Entropia, the Service Centers looks like some kind of wooden whorehouses. (Not that I would know what they look like. :ahh: )

Once Upon a time in Entropia, Auctioneers and Technicians was not to be found deep, deep in the wilderness in some remote outpost consisting of before mentioned whorehouses. Rather, the further you went into the wilderness, the simpler and more rugged the outposts became.

Once upon a time, Entropia had a cosy Dystropian feeling to it. Today our rugged, scary, rusted sci-fi cyber-punk world is being turned into some kind of wannabe-oh-so-fancy luxury vacation resort. With monsters.

Anyone with me on these ones?

Once upon a time in Entropia, the Service Centers looked like badass sci-fi bunkers made out of -metal- that had been dropped from the sky and planted firmly on the ground.

These days in Entropia, the Service Centers looks like some kind of wooden whorehouses. (Not that I would know what they look like. :ahh: )

Once Upon a time in Entropia, Auctioneers and Technicians was not to be found deep, deep in the wilderness in some remote outpost consisting of before mentioned whorehouses. Rather, the further you went into the wilderness, the simpler and more rugged the outposts became.

Once upon a time, Entropia had a cosy Dystropian feeling to it. Today our rugged, scary, rusted sci-fi cyber-punk world is being turned into some kind of wannabe-oh-so-fancy luxury vacation resort. With monsters.

totally agree

Once upon a time project entropia had potential, only 1 planet with ONE main-story, the people from Mindark seemed interested in developing a unique game, their lifeblood...

Time to regret.

Once upon a time in Entropia a mysterious skill had as description "Ask Dan Petrov" in Entropedia.

Once upon a time in Entropia someone could get very mad if you fapped him. :silly2:

Once upon a time in Entropia someone made a big fuss claimed that his apartment was stolen.... but he was looking in the wrong place.

Once upon a time in Entropia a noobie started playing and was going to become the biggest trader/broker ingame without any knowledge of the game at all. And made more than once a complete tit out of himself. :laugh:

Yeap, totally

Latest disappointment destroying Chugs City(known as 'Hideout' in the past), they couldn't even stick to the storyline they made up 6months ago or even less... :( (hidden mission, smugglers run)

Nice. I like that.

But that fits within an evolving world. It's realistic - not just an RCE, but a rampant capitalist economy :laugh:

Personally I don't have much time for Dystopias or Utopias, but I quite like the battle between the two on Calypso.

-once upon a time hofs were no bigger than few hundred ped

-once upon a time there were no "no loot"

ye.. thats what I miss the most.. starting to miss neocron 2.. when I found PE it was like neocron 2.. but better

Once upon a time your avatar could have a personal look and didn´t have to look like Ken & Barbie.

sm.jpg

Once upon a time your avatar could have a personal look and didn´t have to look like Ken & Barbie.

sm.jpg

Once upon a time in Entropia, I remember playing with this guy in the same society, and we were sooo nooby...

Today, only StrongMinded remains a noob.... :yay::yay:j/k m8, I'm the noob and you know it ;) :yay::yay:

Once upon a time in entropia...n00bs would be hired as "runners" to aggro mobs for hunters.

...we used to sweat these things called "dripi"

...people used to travel by sliding around on their @$$ :laugh:

...miners could find becons :rolleyes:

...i sold everything to traders because I didn't have enough to auction :eyecrazy:

...i mentored my friend and he graduated

Once upon a time in Entropia a much used work in Twin peaks and CND Control room was "Line?"and everyone knew what it was about.

in addition ;) :
Once upon a time in Entropia heated discussion could erupt due pilots not using the "line".

once upon a time.. filler loot never existed (read: nova fragments)

once upon a time

sweat costed 4.2 pec per bottle
:)

This is the "feeling" McCormick was talking about in some other thread that is missing now on Calypso.

This planet evolved to fit the current real world "wannabe-oh-so-fancy luxury" everyone is after. Or they want you to be after.

When did Marco sell his soul? Before or after PE became EU? :scratch2:

Dynamic my ass, it's dynashit! :cry:
Yeah, it's worth crying imo, very sad what it became.
It was the only one worth the time, but is it still worth it?

If it was not the community......
Last VU was fun in the forum chat room, who needs CE2??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Im glad i started this game 7years ago. Very fun then. Now, fuck it.

Once Upon a Time i Loved this Game. Not just couse the game was good, but it was upon a time in life when everything was just great.

So this game will forever remember me of thoose days back then, about 6-7 years ago when all was just fricking good.

It`s kind of Scary how fast the time flyes by....

- Once upon a time I used to TT A101-A102-A103 on daily basis :banghead:
- Once upon a time Minopolis was my favourite city, actually it's just a very ugly outpost... even if the official description say something other
- Once upon a time argonaut were dropping armchairs on every global
- Once upon a time I looted a A106 :yay:

Once upon a time in Entropia... (You totally missed this one guys) we hade items that were send to RL!! :yay:

for sentiments sake...

once upon a time, many many years ago...I got a HOF!

To bad it was to long ago to remember when exactly....:scratch2:

Good thing about only getting 1 good HOF is that you will never forget it...it is nostalgia ;)

But coming to think of it, the thing I missed most of the old days, was my Dante amped frean delta. That was some awesome firepower :handgun:
(For all who joined a bit later, that was actually one of the most powerfull and affordable combo's with 75 dmg at 68 att/min).
That and my A104 amped jester....

The good old days....

:rolleyes:

*edit*
Oh and once upon a time, the woody log basket contained....wood.

Last edited:
once upon a time

sweat costed 4.2 pec per bottle
:)

Yes, and I had to buy my ME for over 400%

Lol, sometimes it can be good that time changes things :wtg:

Once upon a time, Project Entropia was a real virtual universe with load of possibilities, buisness, artistic, familly spirit with the "team", strong established storyline and the feeling to be "pionneers" of a real adventure, a digital adventure, one of the first of this century.

But, the greed of the compagny killed it all (probably even the joy of some former MA employes), because they though that this "experiment" should be managed like a buisness, to milk us like a wore milk her 12th customer of the day. All about money.

This game was excellent because it as a very strong community spirit, mabe the stronger I ever seen among load of mmog. Its probably because of it there is a little spark remaining today...

Inside PE it was possible to make real friends, with all the feelings due to a friendship, often international friends. Friendship can make some times before being strong enough to travel to another country, just because Eu was the link, the cement of this, just because during some years of our short life on this planet, whe had fun together under the same sky, this vanilla sky powered by game brio.

Well...pfff fuck.

Once upon a time in EU... One had faith in the Development and could not wait for the things to come in the future of our Planet and beyond. Then "Planet Michael" happened. Kind of.

Even though PE/EU obviously never was intended to be some kind of charity, I suspect that the current state of the "universe" will only grant them short time profits and will not last in the long run.

A bunch of new (And totally random...) planets makes for good PR, but whatever happened to quality before quantity?

Is the market for Real economy virtual reality really big enough for all the wierd new planets to come?

If Mindark had focused on keeping the soul of Planet Calypso or at least the soul of Cyberpunk-Pioneering (Thats probably a word.) alive, they would have a safe card to play for years to come. Now I fear they are trying to bite off more than they can swallow, and thus are loosing the grip of everything.

What we should hope for and they should fear right now, is a competitor who does things right.

Not that I would want to leave Entropia. Mindark might have turned into a bunch of power-hungry piranhas, but damn it, they are OUR power-hungry Piranhas. I just want them to get back on track again.

Once upon time in Entropia...
-Swamp Camp was best place to chit chat :)
-We where united,only few guys where jerk´s
-Salsa was singer in Camp Phoenix with some nuubs we did even get coins(pec´s)
-Salsa did get Scammed many times lmao :wtg:

agreed with Wladir "our power-hungry Piranhas" :cool:

Back