Entropia Chess Game

we entropians are not very easy to please.
change the a to o and that's how I suspect they want us to spell it. Entropion, as in someone who inflicts pain upon themselves with their own eyelid just as we inflict pain upon our credit cards every time we deposit.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002003/

Entropion is the turning in of the edges of the eyelid (usually the lower eyelid) so that the lashes rub against the eye surface.

Why do you think SDS uses this logo?!?
background-see-eye.jpg

planet calypso and neverdie (who died some time ago) have allway's been working close together.
atleast that's what i think.

so now it's SEE and NDS and they are scared of arkadia , and they probably should be.
the run to arkadia will be big.
no matter what SEE or NDS does many wnat to see the new planet.

i expect one month after the arkadia release there will be a mayor update to get the the players that left for arkadia back.
arkadia is a stand alone compagny.

about the reason that same mobs are spawned at RT that normaly inhabitat calypso can be be done by 2 things

as SEE and NDS work together in several things they exchange of certain things is arranged between those 2 compagny's (as tha is in this case)

but there is another perspective where this can happen.
this as soon LA are availuable to purchase , land owner's can buy DNA and then get the DNA from one planet to another

and that brings me to the question ............. Who's actually in charge of the mob's ?

so now it's SEE and NDS and they are scared of arkadia , and they probably should be.
the run to arkadia will be big.
no matter what SEE or NDS does many wnat to see the new planet.

i expect one month after the arkadia release there will be a mayor update to get the the players that left for arkadia back.arkadia is a stand alone compagny.

The above emphasis is exactly the type of strategic maneuvers I am talking about. However, I have been guessing that something may happen a day or two BEFORE the Arkadia launch... a week long-event, or something else designed to entice players to stay on Calypso, the ROCK, or NI.

Obviously speculation at this point, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

planet calypso and neverdie (who died some time ago) have allway's been working close together.
atleast that's what i think.

as SEE and NDS work together in several things they exchange of certain things is arranged between those 2 compagny's (as tha is in this case)

I'm not quite understanding what you mean by Planet Calypso, SEE and Neverdie working together. Would you be kind enough to explain this further please.

I think it is unfortunate that most of the discussion here has been off topic to the 'entropia chess game', that is, inter-pp competition and moves. Something we will see more of in the futures, I'm sure. One of the important things is that moves are happening at the same time on different levels. Not all moves will be targeted at the beginners, mid levels and high levels at the same time.

Moves we have seen:
  • disallowing all non-native items in parts of planets
  • events designed to pull away players from another planet rather than for existing player base
  • mineral deposits that are meant to attract miners from elsewhere, not for supplying native market
  • weak but high-hp mobs to attract people to getting HOFs
  • more...?

Moves we have not (yet) seen :
  • disable (or penalize for) interplanetary tp while doing a mission or having stayed on planet for some X amount of time before taking the mission
  • more...?

Things that should not be confused with moves:
  • General planet redesign and addition of more features / missions. PP will continually need to do this to avoid stagnation
  • Listening to what we ask for and then dropping that. Like say the Chikara weapons now looting.
  • more...?

The Next Islands strict restriction for Ancient Greek is IMHO low blow and one that will imho not really serve them well in the long run. No way I'm going there if it is ice daggers and clubs that are only weapons that work there, if only because I don't have club and shortblade skills. And it does not appear to be logically justified that Rutic / Kesmek Slo/Kil/Vass/Bett/Blix or the Kilic weapons are not usable in Ancient Greek. A bunch of the mobs on RT / NI and some of the mining opporturnities do not seem to have been made for players originally attracted into the universe by RT / NI but rather as a way to entice people to travel there.

There are a bunch of more... up there in hopes people will add more.

I'm not quite understanding what you mean by Planet Calypso, SEE and Neverdie working together. Would you be kind enough to explain this further please.

yes ok

SEE is involved in entropia for a long time already.
it's not that they just bought planet calypso compagny and with that entered entropia.

SEE had a cut in next island aswell as NDS .
when the next island was in development mode and nothing was here yet next island had a site opened up.
there was about nothing on the site just a little picture and after that they put some video on there.

the time that there was only a picture on it there where a few commercail names completely down under when you scrolled down.

a little SEE with their eye logo , NDS logo and 1 or 2 more logo's from compagny's
these logo's say enough for me.
they work together , as simple as that.
my heart almost stopped when i heard that SEE bought calypso being scared that would be the end.
as they truly f**ked up RT and NI.

and dont say they are good, there is nothing use full coming out of there , for example.

i deared my self to buy a few wall shelfs that are developped by NDS , i thought they can't crew this up wright as we have calypso shelfs aswel.
guess what they are bugged.
they cant be placed on to the wall normally.
and the size of the things is enormous, and out of the ordenairy

i will make some screenshots later.

but to get back on topic.
as far as i can see NDS and SEE have close relations with each other before and still have them.
i think they will try to use that in advantage.
and there is a little thought in my head that like i said that one month after arkadia is online and every one has checked that out a bit we can expect a update or a sort of event.
or maybe space

this is the picture of the rocktropia self , on it's side , and mega big... to big

Last edited:
The above emphasis is exactly the type of strategic maneuvers I am talking about. However, I have been guessing that something may happen a day or two BEFORE the Arkadia launch... a week long-event, or something else designed to entice players to stay on Calypso, the ROCK, or NI.

Obviously speculation at this point, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Well... I think its important to differentiate between events that are designed to make the life of people on Calypso interesting and events to make people stay. We should get more of the first, and get them all of the time. I don't much care for the second... though, I'm here to be entertained. An interesting event might postpone going to Arkadia, but won't put me off visiting it eventually.

I don't think there will be an event before Arkadia launches, I would more likely suspect an event some time after Arkadia launches.

I find the idea that SDS is afraid of Arkadia laughable. This is people projecting there ideals onto a fairly blank slate. I think it more likely that everyone else is a afraid of SDS - for Calypso is the elephant in the room that no one can ignore.

At every turn, Calypso will have the ability to make moves that other PP's will not have the resources or infrastructure to respond to, they will be consumed with just getting going. Will a bunch of avatars TP off to Arkadia right away? Sure they will. Will it have a dramatic impact on Calpyso? Not likely.

The pro Arkadia crowd seems largely blinded by their anti-Calypso attitudes, and this is causing them to mis-read the chessboard. The problem with the chess analogy is that not all PP's are playing with the same pieces. Being a PP lets you use the same board, but you have build your own pieces. Calypso has every piece the Chess master (MA) has yet made available, and has indicated they always will. It will take the other some time to create all the types of pieces available. Calypso also has dozens of server areas - lots of existing space to work with - and has indicated they will have as many server areas as the PP agreement permits. New PP's will start with 4 or 5 server areas, and can only grow as their population grows. I suspect it may take some time just to grow into the initial server areas.

The result is that the PP's will have to be much, much smarter players than SDS - not a little, but a lot, in order to outplay SDS and overcome their disadvantages. A wiser course would be to reach out to new players, where a smaller, more manageable world with a clear story and a less complexity can be a big advantage.

I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it - the degree to which a PP relies on attracting current avatars is an indication of weakness, not strength. New PP's should be playing a long game, one designed to appeal to new players more than old, and growing with them. Luring existing players, high level ones especially, is a weak strategy. These are players without loyalty, and whose needs are incompatible with the new players that planets need to succeed in the long run.

With limited server areas to work with, the smart play is to tailor those areas to low level players, not high level ones, and then grow with their primarily native populations. Catering to high level players at the start is not the path to long term success, for it will be impossible to offer enough content to keep them satisfied for long - they'll come and go as they please, grabbing each piece of low-hanging fruit before taking off for the next opportunity.

So I will be judging Arkadia not on how many poeple go right away, but on what level of player they cater to at the start. An uber's first strategy will be a disappointing sign of weakness (for I want many strong planets), I know that made RT and NI both seem ill-conceived when they launched

:beerchug:

Miles

The Next Islands strict restriction for Ancient Greek is IMHO low blow and one that will imho not really serve them well in the long run. No way I'm going there if it is ice daggers and clubs that are only weapons that work there, if only because I don't have club and shortblade skills. And it does not appear to be logically justified that Rutic / Kesmek Slo/Kil/Vass/Bett/Blix or the Kilic weapons are not usable in Ancient Greek. A bunch of the mobs on RT / NI and some of the mining opporturnities do not seem to have been made for players originally attracted into the universe by RT / NI but rather as a way to entice people to travel there.

wouldn't it have been better to allow them to work but not be able to buy the ammo for them. But what replaces the ammo in loot in Ancient Greece?

If the events we've had over the past few months were in an attempt to get Calypso players onto RT and NI, what happens if it doesn't work? Will we have the ultimate climbdown from MA and a reduction in the tp fees, possibly for a weekend or a week?

If SDS agree to it then I'm betting they'll continue to get a share for those players who do jump, what's better for RT / NI a reduced share or nothing?

Microsoft do a similar thing where they have a free XboxLive Gold weekend to encourage people to subscribe (why they charge for online play when every other console has it for free is a better question).

one thing i still cant place very well.
what about the chinese world ?
is there a sort of update about how far they are with that one ?
it's taking forever and wonder if that planet will actually get online.

the thing is when the chinese start / if the chinese start , i expect a real big change in the economy.
that could be a massive load of new players entering.
and will make things change big time though i have no idea of what planet reactions on that will be.

as far as i can see NDS and SEE have close relations with each other before and still have them.
i think they will try to use that in advantage.
Arkadia and NDS may have a closer relationship, along with a relationship between Arkadia and SDS then you think... Ah, the EGG! Remember, the Egg was originally a Calypso item... Later ND bought it, and sold it... Who he sold it to, Deathifier, was a major investor in Arkadia... Unless something happens with that egg in the storyline really soon, I have my suspicions that the egg may have been a 'ped trade' of sorts that more or less got Deathifier to 'buy in' to NDS in a roundabout way of sorts?!?... and now it's an three planet issue since it's still in Calypso's storyline, but is now owned by one of the 'owners' of Arkadia (even if Deathifier does not consider his ownership as a true ownership just because he says so ?!? )...

Last edited:
Didn't Deathifier deny the rumour that it was ped trade to ND.

The Chinese planet was likely to be completely self contained with no access to the existing players. I think it was meant more as educational and for shopping rather than a gaming platform. But when the lead developer died the whole thing crumbled.

The CRD.gov.cn domain no longer exists and other than press releases from 2007 I've not found anything substantial about the current level of development.

Last edited:
New PP's will start with 4 or 5 server areas, and can only grow as their population grows. I suspect it may take some time just to grow into the initial server areas.

Hey Miles :) ... can you tell me where this information comes from please.

I don't recall ever seeing it.

Thanks!

The Chinese planet was likely to be completely self contained with no access to the existing players. I think it was meant more as educational and for shopping rather than a gaming platform. But when the lead developer died the whole thing crumbled.

The CRD.gov.cn domain no longer exists and other than press releases from 2007 I've not found anything substantial about the current level of development.

ah owke thanx that explains , i thought they would hire a new lead developer i gues that went bankrupt with it death.

mastermesh : deatifier dos not own arkadia or its planet.
deathifier is only the investor.
like if you want to start something big in real life and you dont have enhough money to do it, you can search for a investor.
when you found one and he invests a X amount of money in you plan and compagny this will not automaticly say he own's your compagny.
and i can't imagine that deatifier really likes former ND much , there have been many auction wars between those 2 and those wars have costed them both a lot.
the egg however is sold because former neverdie had to die ,, jis avatar had to go john jacobs is owner director from NDS.
deathifier is only a investor in a compagny ,for that he can either lose his investment if all shit breaks lose or make a nice yearly income made of profit.

this topic is quite interesting because : arkadia must be aware of the thing that probably will happen at other planets to get players back.
What will arkadia do ?
will they keep some new content on their shelf (arkadia made otherwise it prolly wont work if its RT made lol)
and release that content the first update arkadia planet is here ?

so that when SEE and NDS think hey now its time to get the players back , lets update big new content.
and that arkadia will have the same suprise to release another big release.

I agree with you that Deathifier wants to say he's not an owner, but I also think that since he did put money in and is expecting something in return as it's not a 'gift' that he'll get no return on, he is indeed an investor, which makes him at least a partial owner in some way. I'd assume there is some contract between the Planet Parnter and Deathi that clarifies that that no one will ever be privy to other then the parties involved --- even a verbal contract is still a contract...

As mentioned in other threads, it IS a big deal about how MA deals with Deathifier, the investor, since DA Manager on RT is in a very similar type of situation as Deathi right now... (we still await that press release DA said he was going to put out, along with the finalization of that website he still has not got done yet)

mastermesh : deatifier dos not own arkadia or its planet.
deathifier is only the investor.

like if you want to start something big in real life and you dont have enhough money to do it, you can search for a investor.
when you found one and he invests a X amount of money in you plan and compagny this will not automaticly say he own's your compagny.
If deathi gets any return on investment back, he's in a contract with the planet partner company. That makes him become either a planet partner, an employee of that planet partner, or a third party investor of sorts. So far, what the planet partner agreement says about third party investors has not been clarified by anyone... Even what it says about employees and pps themselves has not been clarified. ND is the only one that has mentioned anything about it, and he might just just been doing that for hype since he's still actively doing quests and looting stuff he kills.... It might well be possible that the entire 'planet partners cannot play nor can their employees' stuff just was something ND made up as a part of the backstory of RT?!?

and i can't imagine that deatifier really likes former ND much , there have been many auction wars between those 2 and those wars have costed them both a lot.
Always best to keep your enemies closer then your friends. ;)

the egg however is sold because former neverdie had to die ,, jis avatar had to go john jacobs is owner director from NDS.
The bank still is not sold yet as far as I know... and apparently ND has other assets on him too if he's killing zombies?

deathifier is only a investor in a compagny ,for that he can either lose his investment if all shit breaks lose or make a nice yearly income made of profit.
What defines 'ownership'? What deathi and most investors do is bascially buy in with shares or partnership. Right now, it looks like Deathi is a 'partner' of the Planet partner behind Arkadia, just like Ozi is... Partnerships have different rules and regulations then stockmarkets.

Right now, as mentioned in some other threads, there's quite a few folks that used to work for NDS as interns it appears... Does the PP contract that says employees can't participate actually include them now, even though they have not worked for NDS over a year? Does it apply to employees of the company? What about third party investors like Deathi? The rules are about as clear as the muddy river... the rules have never really been told by anyone other then ND, and the info he put out there is not extremely clear either, especially since ND himself is still 'participating' with the quests and things he's doing, auctions he's participating in, etc. There's a lot of clarification needed because right now it's all completely unclear about what the heck is going on, who can and cannot participate, and what trust the community does have is really up in the air since so much of all of this is being left as a bunch of grey areas that the planet partners and MA itself does not seem to want to address at the moment because they have not made up the rules yet... This sort of stuff should not be as dynamic as the game itself, but at the moment it is.

Why do I give a damn about any of this... because I, just like all you folks, care about the safety and security of this game and platform, and eventually might want to someday change up my own position in the universe and invest in a planet partner, become a planet partner, or maybe sell assets that might eventually end up in a planet... it's highly possible that some 3d asset or texture I sell someday on a third party's website might end being bought by NDS, etc., that I might want to actually try for a job at NDS or another planet partner, etc., just like others in the community might want to do someday...

and I want it all clarified in black and white what the heck all the rules are and how they affect everyone since it's not clear right now...

I honestly think becoming a pp blew up in ND's face since he wanted to keep participating, and still is participating... and I think unless things get clearer soon and well defined soon it'll blow up on any potential planet partner in a similar manner, if not worse way... MA wants this platform to survive as we all do, but unless they get clear about stuff, and clarify the questions and grey areas things won't get any better any time soon...

Last edited:

This is also my understanding. I'm curious why Mindark hasn't removed CRD from the planet partner roster. I'm can only speculate that it's because it isn't completely dead, yet. (see vaporware?)

I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it - the degree to which a PP relies on attracting current avatars is an indication of weakness, not strength. New PP's should be playing a long game, one designed to appeal to new players more than old, and growing with them. Luring existing players, high level ones especially, is a weak strategy. These are players without loyalty, and whose needs are incompatible with the new players that planets need to succeed in the long run.

Miles, by chance have you visited the Arkadia Forum?

Direct (and prompt) answers from the Community Manager:

Will Arkadia attract new players? <---link

AxeMurderer said:
So my question is probably for the Arkadia team. How you gonna attract new players? Where will they come from?

Cyrus - Community Manager said:
Hi AxeMurderer,

We're certainly aware of the importance of attracting new players to Planet Arkadia.
Arkadia will launch with a very big marketing campaign, the Alienware promotion is just a small part of it. We'll be making an announcement pertaining to this issue before launch.

Also, threads about New Player Areas, started by the Arkadia Studios CEO:

New Player Introduction Area on Planet Arkadia <---link

snip

snip

I agree with your entire post Miles, but particularly the bit above. It is hard to tell at this point about Arkadia and which player for sure they are going to focus on, but I am hoping it is going to be much more about the new player they hope to pull in. Having not seen any advertising yet from them really to address that intended new target market none of us really know. We have heard over and over that PP have as a part of the contract an agreement to market their worlds to new players, not to existing ones, but the reality is none of us 'regular' players has seen a contract, so I don't know, just know it makes good business sense and should be a part of the deal if it isn't.

I will be going to Arkadia, because it will be the 'new' planet that seems to have a very much pro crew designing it, and I look forward to seeing what they have come up with, but I can only hope that it is not designed for the 'big guys' from Calypso to move there primarily, as this would I admit put me off. I firmly believe the older players have and will continue to be more harm than good to new planets, at least until it is several more years down the road and planets have developed themselves more fully with a new player base first. I am worried about Arkadia too, it is very promising and I'm excited to see it launch, but the super hype many have put out about it in advance (not Arkadia itself mind you) have put them in a pressure cooker to be the second coming or something, when all they really need to worry with is making a fun and not alpha stage planet like I feel the first two have been.

Chess game? It has already started a tiny bit in the ways others have mentioned, and so far the pre launch plans of Arkadia have been a big shot across the bow of the first two new planets for sure, and seeing the new 'generic' features turning up on NI and RT and Caly doing some redesigns to make more planet specific stuff for itself, I think the chess game is going to get pretty exciting fairly soon :yup:

As mentioned in other threads, it IS a big deal about how MA deals with Deathifier, the investor, since DA Manager on RT is in a very similar type of situation as Deathi right now...

Yeah...

Keep that topic in the OTHER threads please.

What defines 'ownership'? What deathi and most investors do is bascially buy in with shares or partnership. Right now, it looks like Deathi is a 'partner' of the Planet partner behind Arkadia, just like Ozi is... Partnerships have different rules and regulations then stockmarkets.

------------------------------------

I honestly think becoming a pp blew up in ND's face since he wanted to keep participating, and still is participating... and I think unless things get clearer soon and well defined soon it'll blow up on any potential planet partner in a similar manner, if not worse way... MA wants this platform to survive as we all do, but unless they get clear about stuff, and clarify the questions and grey areas things won't get any better any time soon...

Firstly since you are on the topic. There is a CLEAR difference between someone buy a few shares = small scale share holder and a full scale investor = Part Owner which is exactly what Death is. He is a PArt Owner, not just a small scale investor with a few small shares. But i doubt anyone is going to try to skin him, fork his eyes out and drag him behind a jeep like you lot have tried to do to the PP pioneer ND.

If you ask me i would tell you that MA had no idea what to do with players that become PP's up until a fuss was made and the first ever pp got caught up in their their contractual flaws.

Last edited:
Yeah...

Keep that topic in the OTHER threads please.
Why? It's all tied directly to the topic. Every planet partner and employee and investor in each and every planet partner is a piece on the chess board just as every participant is. King Neverdie and Queen Hanne play just as much of a role as a Rook Deathi and Knight DA who owns LAs on a planet when the planet first starts up.

Why? It's all tied directly to the topic. Every planet partner and employee and investor in each and every planet partner is a piece on the chess board just as every participant is. King Neverdie and Queen Hanne play just as much of a role as a Rook Deathi and Knight DA who owns LAs on a planet when the planet first starts up.

No, it's not.

This thread is about the decisions the PP's make competing against one another within the platform...
Not the individuals within the PP's.

Read the first post.

As for the other half of the chess game as you put it Chrome, i can only say the SDS shinwhakaka or whatever its called seems to be a half arsed attempt at some originality. Arkadia seem to be doing a good job but so far we have only seen the COVER of the book. And you know the saying...dont judge a book by the cover ! However they are working their PR very well with occasional glimpses into the dark. The laptop giveaways are super but honestly it is nothing but a ploy THEY KNOW will work. Hell even i will go up to try my luck. But rest assured, just like you all accuse ND of marketing ploys, so is this laptop giveaway at the end of the day. It seems a bit desperate if you ask me, but this sort of thing will happne more and more,. Business is business and no one starts a business to loose money - FACT! No one ! As for RT the place of my ava's birth i can only say it is clear the guys are trying hard to make thing work up here. Far more mob on RT are from RT than there are MA mob and the missions although confusing definitely seem much more exciting that anything else we have seen. The guys are really showing that RT si different and not just a copy, regardless of what so many claim. Not sure if you all know, there is a mission broker in Zomhatten lootable also :D Good times indeed :D.

Just to note, my comments are about player perceptions of Arkadia. As it has not been released yet, I am going to wait and see before making any judgments. From what I have been hearing 2nd hand (and I will be checking it out for myself) the Arkadia team do appear to get it, which is encouraging, but it is much easier to talk a good game then play one. The expectations are crazy high, though.

The problem of high level avatars on new planets' development is real, and one way to mitigate the dangers is to not cater to them in any way. Much better to make content suitable for the earlier stages of avatar development and grow from there. New players will be the most loyal and provide the most benefit for the PP and EU over the long run.

As much as I am, so far, a loyal Calypsian, I do want the larger concept of EU to succeed, and so I do want Arkadia (and the others too) to succeed. I hope Arkaidia is able to pull it off. We will all be better for it if they do.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
The laptop giveaways are super but honestly it is nothing but a ploy THEY KNOW will work. Hell even i will go up to try my luck. But rest assured, just like you all accuse ND of marketing ploys, so is this laptop giveaway at the end of the day.
Ofc we ALL know it's marketing, but please enlighten me what ND has done for RT that could be considered in the same professional league as this PR stunt... (and his press releases cant be considered professional..)

But you are ofc right about we only seen the cover of "arkadias book" yet, but due to recent changes on calypso have made me personally to take a much more serious look at arkadia then i first thought when it finally arrives. (much like I would have done with NI(the main part looked ok when I was there but ND crap destroys the place to me) if it indeed was NI and not a new ND playground :()

wouldn't it have been better to allow them to work but not be able to buy the ammo for them. But what replaces the ammo in loot in Ancient Greece?

Arrows? Seriously, Ancient Greek and no modern weapons allowed is a brilliant idea. If MA won't code for an extra profession for ancient ranged, just stick to melee. But the part where it has to be NI looted melee weapons is extremely limiting in the repsent enviroment of very few actual NI players.

If the events we've had over the past few months were in an attempt to get Calypso players onto RT and NI, what happens if it doesn't work? Will we have the ultimate climbdown from MA and a reduction in the tp fees, possibly for a weekend or a week?

If SDS agree to it then I'm betting they'll continue to get a share for those players who do jump, what's better for RT / NI a reduced share or nothing?

Microsoft do a similar thing where they have a free XboxLive Gold weekend to encourage people to subscribe (why they charge for online play when every other console has it for free is a better question).

The other planets have been able to attract Calypsians, both to visit (mining trips to get Blood Moss, etc spring to mind) or to move permanently. I think Miles is to a very large extent spot on about this - Calypso has the best tools, the best knowledge and most workforce to take and make use of anything that MA develops or has already developed. It is the old alpha planet partner in a room full of youngs.

I agree with your entire post Miles, but particularly the bit above. It is hard to tell at this point about Arkadia and which player for sure they are going to focus on, but I am hoping it is going to be much more about the new player they hope to pull in. Having not seen any advertising yet from them really to address that intended new target market none of us really know. We have heard over and over that PP have as a part of the contract an agreement to market their worlds to new players, not to existing ones, but the reality is none of us 'regular' players has seen a contract, so I don't know, just know it makes good business sense and should be a part of the deal if it isn't.

I will be going to Arkadia, because it will be the 'new' planet that seems to have a very much pro crew designing it, and I look forward to seeing what they have come up with, but I can only hope that it is not designed for the 'big guys' from Calypso to move there primarily, as this would I admit put me off. I firmly believe the older players have and will continue to be more harm than good to new planets, at least until it is several more years down the road and planets have developed themselves more fully with a new player base first. I am worried about Arkadia too, it is very promising and I'm excited to see it launch, but the super hype many have put out about it in advance (not Arkadia itself mind you) have put them in a pressure cooker to be the second coming or something, when all they really need to worry with is making a fun and not alpha stage planet like I feel the first two have been.

Chess game? It has already started a tiny bit in the ways others have mentioned, and so far the pre launch plans of Arkadia have been a big shot across the bow of the first two new planets for sure, and seeing the new 'generic' features turning up on NI and RT and Caly doing some redesigns to make more planet specific stuff for itself, I think the chess game is going to get pretty exciting fairly soon :yup:

you said you have not seen any add's yet.
i can understand arkia not making add's yet , because if they do that now they will pay for the other planet partners marketing.
look the the game is already online and running, this means if they will advertise now while they havent gone online yet all the people atracted will join either calypso , RT or NI and not arkadia as their planet is not online.
and no people dont wait to sign up in order for a planet to get online.
the normal person he/she will not have patience to wait, the will find out the actual game is online and they wil start on a other planet.
so advertising now will be a very bad move for this planet before going online.

i'm curious though what advertising moves we will get after arkadia goes online and will start advertising with alienware.
that will be noticed by other planets, and the will need to make a move aswell.

would this become the start of the advertising for all planets ?

i'm curious though what advertising moves we will get after arkadia goes online and will start advertising with alienware.
that will be noticed by other planets, and the will need to make a move aswell.

would this become the start of the advertising for all planets ?

Possibly. Arkadia Studios plans to "launch with a very big marketing campaign" may very well set off a chain reaction with the other PP's...

Or not. :laugh:

I guess it depends on how badly the other PP's want to play chess. ;)

Possibly. Arkadia Studios plans to "launch with a very big marketing campaign" may very well set off a chain reaction with the other PP's...

Or not. :laugh:

I guess it depends on how badly the other PP's want to play chess. ;)

or perhaps more importantly, how much chess they can afford to play :) Good discussion thread Chrome.

Back