NWO Prison Mission Guide

DaisyColdFinger

Stalker
Society
ROCK STARS>TKoE>Hell Yeah
Daisy ColdFinger (RIP 2008/22)
Give Amber reps for this guide​

Since the RT prison mission caused so much confusion Amber has done some great work in making a guide for you all. I will post it here in a new thread so it doesnt get lost in the existing ones (For those of you who like me dont go to the RT forum much in its current state). Anyway, i will say it again this is not my work, this was written by Amber my soc mate, so rep him and not me for this guide. Good Job Amber :)

http://www.neverdie.com/tutorials/6033-no-way-out-maximum-security-prison-what-you-need-know.html
I've done enough prison time now to get a good picture of how everything works with in the walls of this maximum security prison.

Going there as a civilian:

It is possible to go to the prison as a civilian/smuggler.
The easiest way to get out of there is by the teleporter: 135412, 91180 (roughly)
Teleporter is located on the 3rd/4th floor, take the stairs next to the shower room.

This is a one way teleporter, meaning it can only be used to leave the prison not used to going back there.​

Becoming a convicted inmate:

To become a convict you have to commit a crime.
The mission needed to commit the crime is located in at Kashas Corner and is provided by Antonio outside the club across the street from the teleporter.
(read the mission dialogue carefully if you don't want to ask for help later)

At this point you are still "free", once you do the next step there is "no" way out.

When you're done committing crimes and are ready to serve your prison sentence you have to report to the Booking Officer in the prison at 135393, 91115.
You'll be provided a No Way Out Prison Identification Card and get the status as an inmate.

Once you've become an inmate you will have limited access to different parts of the prison and you will not be able to use the teleporter to leave the prison.​

Life as an inmate:

Once you have become a inmate you have to earn your respect through various missions, including killing cops, inmates and other players.

You'll gradually earn more respect and thus be able to move around more freely in the prison.

Finally you'll earn your way out. (I guess, as of now it is unknown since no one has earned enough respect yet)

As an inmate you wont have access to your Storage nor the Auction.
There is however access too Trade Terminal, Repair Terminal, Technician and Crafting facilities.​

Interrupting your prison sentence:

There are 3 different ways you can interrupt your progress inside the prison.
The first two is inside the prison if you screw up!

1. You don't accept or cancel the dialogue with an inmate that is about to give you a mission!
    This will give you a bad rep and any cop or inmate that you don't have earned respect from yet will kill you if you talk to them.
    Penalty: kill 50 extra inmates, mission given on yard.​
  2. You abandon a prison quest!
    Penalty: kill 50 extra inmates, mission given by various cops/inmates on ground level that offers you to get back on track.​
  3. You teleport out of the prison!
    This will make you a super snitch and prompt you with a dialogue about every time you teleport somewhere on ROCKtropia.
    Penalty: kill 250 extra inmates, given by the cop in the booth on the main floor.
    (natural skill gains are rewarded during the mission even though dialogue might suggest otherwise.)

Every penalty mission wont give a reward. (I think, not 100% confirmed)

Problems, rumours etc.

It is possible to leave the prison at any time during your prison sentence.

The only way to leave prison as an inmate is by teleporting out.
Beware that you probably will need a Teleport Chip II to be able to get out!
Since you have to teleport out far enough that you will revive in another zone, else you'll just spawn back in prison!

Once you leave prison you are prompted every now and then when teleporting. This dialogue contains a claim that you wont be able to do any missions until you serve your time in prison.
This is just a threat, it is possible to finish missions and start new once.​

I've written this guide since there is a lot of speculation about how it works. And all the time I meet new people that comes with the same questions. Instead of repeating it all over I'm providing this guide!

If there is something vital missing feel free to post it. It should contain most info you'll need to understand the way of being an inmate.

I was also asked to do this sort of by one of the developers as I told him about a few problems and complaints about the prison. He wanted some feedback on what could be improved.
But please keep it simple and clean, anything that just contains "this place sucks", "the missions are boring, change the requirements" etc. will just get deleted.
I'm aware that the mission chain can get quite repetitive but that is the way of being in prison it shouldn't really be pleasant and you are warned once you enter. I have myself already escaped :D

What is asked for is feedback on what isn't working and what could be done better.

It looks like you screwed up the quoting so I can't find the original post where Amber has this info but when I can work out where it comes from I will gladly rep Amber for this, which I know a number of people were looking for, as well as Daisy for getting it to us.

Sort out your links please so we can do it properly.

It looks like you screwed up the quoting so I can't find the original post where Amber has this info but when I can work out where it comes from I will gladly rep Amber for this, which I know a number of people were looking for, as well as Daisy for getting it to us.

Sort out your links please so we can do it properly.
It's come from here:

And link correct.

As an inmate you wont have access to your Storage nor the Auction.
Interesting... http://www.pcgamersworld.com/2011/02/celebrity-avatar-“neverdie”-banished-to-virtual-world-prison/

February 22nd, 2011 at 1:03 pm -

Cyber-Celebrity avatar Jon “NEVERDIE” Jacobs has become the first virtual political prisoner and is now locked up in “No Way Out” a maximum security PVP prison in the virtual world ROCKtropia.

Has there been any auctions by Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs since 2/22/2011? I thought I saw some deeds on auction from him since that time, but can't verify since I did not take screenies. Anyone else remember when those estates were sold on auction in game?

So far, I'm loving it up there:)
I believe this is the 1st quest series in EU where they actually made an area for a quest & not just pick some random stuff that was allready ingame to make a quest.
I also like the creativity of the penalty's for leaving the area, the no strg & auction (kinda reminds me of the old cp)should give some options for trading but so far I've seen nobody there to actually buy looted oils & hides.
About the skillrewards, I would prefer a small message when entering that you will get unlocks as reward like a small amount of wounding.. I wonder what will happen if one doesn't have it unlocked.
The mobs are pretty ok & spawn is descent but at the yard where you go outside there are a bunch of tables, I would like to see the mobs being able to jump over all tables. I think it's a small adjustement that will increase the fun in hunting there aslong as you make sure they can't jump over the fences. Also the 1st part of the yard tends to be very laggy during peak hours, don't know why but the other places in prison give me a lot less lag.

nvm

Last edited:
Are there other mission mobs in prison?

Just wondering so I can pick up missions before I go to prison if I go there.

Great info. This should clear up alot for those speculating yet refusing the try the mission themselves. I personally went to check out the prison without doing the mission so I'm "locked out" of the mission until the next VU as stated in the "Known issues" of the release notes.

Menace

Ah, not on this forum, that would explain it :D

Amber post here so you can get rep :)

Oki :)

Sorry for the necro, but it appears this needs to be BUMPed a bit, these questions are asked once again!

Any unique rewards for this mission chain or just the standard small skill boosts etc?

Any unique rewards for this mission chain or just the standard small skill boosts etc?

Skills, Items ("loot"), Clothing(?), Items ("limited weapons")(?), Items (mission items, giving access to other "things").

This is from the top of my head (I've not completed the chain yet) and I'm going to keep it this vague, its for you to find out :) and it is still somewhat exclusive to actually finish it all I believe (last stage(s) might be 10k kills).

There are ways to "skip" some of the mission chain and there are some repeatable missions.
The best write up on the actual missions is currently unavailable due to Neverdie.com (RT forum) being down (ran out of bandwith, lol).

The most interesting reward was back in the days when NWO was first released.
The first 5(?) to complete the whole mission chain got a prison cell (Deed with shopping possibilities).
And first 3(?) got an UL ZK 7 shotgun as reward.

Back