Question: Will our Daikiba pets now be Shinkiba pets???

Status

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
When Taming returns my Daikiba pet will wake up and have a long earned feast. The question is, will he still be a Daikiba or has he mutated into a Shinkiba? :laugh:

Probably a shinkiba, but that is the least of the questions regarding taming to be answered at this point:)

Probably a Daikibia, since they can still be found at some places in the universe... Butw ho knows, all skins in my storage was changed into shinkibia, so why not the pets...

I'm clueless :yay:

its susual forbiden to pet instinct species , so it should be shinkiba...i dont want to go in jail because i pet daikiba ...

I suspect they will still be daikibas... the notes said that all WILD diakiba are extinct on Calypso. Tamed daikiba are no longer wild.

When Taming returns
Call me realist, but what makes you think taming will ever return? From my understanding, a statement from MA is not a statement of fact, it's more like a vague insinuation that some time in the future something may be considered. Could possibly be compared to a politician promising children candy while stealing their toys.

the content list specificly said wild Daikiba are extinct, which makes me wonder if the pets will still be Daikiba

Call me realist, but what makes you think taming will ever return?

People have ped invested in ped deeds and taming skills, thats why its more than likely it will return. Would be a very risky and damaging move to write off something that people have real cash invested in like that.

I suspect they'll all be dead. After all, you have not been able to feed them for over a year! Maybe they'll be pet zombies?

I suspect they'll all be dead. After all, you have not been able to feed them for over a year! Maybe they'll be pet zombies?

Or perhaps they was put into stasis during the end of vu9.4 and kept safe somewhare

Id imagine they will still be Daik, but I want spiders and falax as replacements ...

Taming is a complete bummer when you think about it. Tons of PED poured into it and noting gained. It was like a lesson in 100% decay. Ive noticed that skills go on more quickly now than they did do as well. So there is a chance with all the changes if you spent 10k on skilling taming skills, then they will be worth about two and a half k.

Unless they make the pets usefull then there wont be a career in taming. There isnt exactly a huge market right now for vanity items.

Unless they make the pets usefull then there wont be a career in taming. There isnt exactly a huge market right now for vanity items.

They could make pets useful, they could be extra storage (admittedly not a big problem now since we can carry 350+kg), rideable (maybe not as fast as a vehicle but for novelty) or possibly fight on your behalf / mob distraction.

I suppose we'll have to see.

As to the original question, I'd imagine Daik will come back as Daik as Shinkiba were a FPC creation.

They could make pets useful, they could be extra storage (admittedly not a big problem now since we can carry 350+kg), rideable (maybe not as fast as a vehicle but for novelty) or possibly fight on your behalf / mob distraction.

Nice ideas! :)

Here are some more:

- Mob herding. You pet can bring single or multiple mobs to you for you to kill.
- You can use your pet as a hound dog to find dung or fruit. Different pet mobs excel at different ressources.
- Your private source of sweat.
- Scare some smaller mobs (lower level) away when ordered to do so.

Id imagine they will still be Daik, but I want spiders and falax as replacements ...

yeah it would be fair to get a pet of that for 16.6k quest or bronze or silver :)

Arrggh!! I realy hope my Köttbulle (meatball) will still be a Daikiba, otherwise I have to rename him.

Shitkiba model is far more mountable then the old daik...

Status
Back