Help: Cannot Access Entropia Online

Darcov

Hatchling
Hey All,
I am extremely new to the game, in fact... I haven't even started playing. I downloaded the game from the main website, and now I am unable to access the game. When I run the game in administrator mode I get the "Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use," which I gladly accept. A short moment later the Client Loader appears, and... disappears, with the standard Windows Error noise that we all love, oh so much. I am running Windows 7, and I have plenty of ram so I don't really understand the problem. When I run the game without administrator privileges, I get the conditions of use, and when I accept, I get a connection error, specifially saying "Could not connect to the server." Then I press the cancel button and It takes me to a window named "Entropia Universe Login" It prompts me for a login at the bottom of the screen, however in the middle of the screen it has the Entropia Universe website, but it has an error page saying that the page you requested is not found. When I enter my username and password in, it goes back to the "Could not connect to the server page" Please help!... Anyone?

-A needy noob

Euh .............. I could suggest reinstalling it in a different directory. Maybe open some ports as your firewall could block them resulting in no connection

Reinstall this early sounds a bit harsh. The client loader seems to be quite buggy if it isn't even telling you why it's terminating, but a first attempt finding the problem could be to look at firewall log(s). Has the ClientLoader.exe tried to access some site you have explicitly blocked?

Have you perhaps used vlite or similar tool to remove MS HTML parsing/rendering components? The client loader depends on that stuff to work.

I'm having the same trouble! I just downloaded the game, I let it patch all the way and then I click the green button and it closes, then I try to re open and it lets me accept the terms of use... the client pulls a Houdini and the error sound comes.

I've re-installed it twice already. On the first time I installed it, when I tried to open it it said "Entropia Universe did not shut down properly" or something

I really want to start playing but it just won't let me.
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/13/2011, 16:21:06
Machine name: V1R4L
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: FX6800-01e
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM
Page File: 2102MB used, 10165MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

If I open the error folder here is what the txt part says

[ExceptionInfo]
ExceptionAddress=1982904103
ExceptionCode=-529697949
Version=11.9.7.77044
RunningTime=00:00:06.075

UsedMemory=45

Scope=

LastException=

Last edited:
Install AVG and Spybot and let them run, just in case it is virus / spyware related.

If its not that, I'm afraid I dont know, the install should work. :confused:

"Which you gladly accept"

You wouldn't, if you read them :laugh:

My first post in ages... and it has to be a troll poast... :rolleyes:

Hey All,
I am extremely new to the game, in fact... I haven't even started playing. I downloaded the game from the main website, and now I am unable to access the game. When I run the game in administrator mode I get the "Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use," which I gladly accept. A short moment later the Client Loader appears, and... disappears, with the standard Windows Error noise that we all love, oh so much. I am running Windows 7, and I have plenty of ram so I don't really understand the problem. When I run the game without administrator privileges, I get the conditions of use, and when I accept, I get a connection error, specifially saying "Could not connect to the server." Then I press the cancel button and It takes me to a window named "Entropia Universe Login" It prompts me for a login at the bottom of the screen, however in the middle of the screen it has the Entropia Universe website, but it has an error page saying that the page you requested is not found. When I enter my username and password in, it goes back to the "Could not connect to the server page" Please help!... Anyone?

-A needy noob

I have the same problem, minus the server issue! It just tells me that Entropia didn't close correctly...

If anyone would help...

Reinstall this early sounds a bit harsh. .

Not really since he didint load the dynamic content.

My bet is still open the ports , there is a thread somewhere around stating the ports

ahhh found it
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?209600-Port-help&highlight=ports

When I launch the Entropia Universe client, I instantly lose connection.

There are a few things you should check:

Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
Are all checks green in the "Your Computer" status in the Client Loader?
Try lowering your Connection setting in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window. Even though you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the connection speed to 56 kbit to check if that improves your situation. If yes, you may try to set it higher step by step, to see which connection speed works best with your specific system.
If you have a router, make sure the router configuration has the ports listed below forwarded to your computer. Also make sure the firmware of your router is up-to-date (please turn to the manufacturer of your router for any specific questions regarding this matter)
Try disabling the sound in "Tools" in the Client Loader.
Open these ports in your firewall:

20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
80 (Outbound)
30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
30583 (TCP Outbound)
554 (TCP Inbound)

If you still experience issues after these checks have been seen to, please contact Support.
from Support Website

I'd say try to log in on you PC with admin rights and see if that works. Other then that try all the stuff that has been suggested. If you still get nothing try to send a support case and see if support can help you out.

problem is on mind arks end not ours ive been playing for months with no changes to my comp and i cant get ingame due to cant connect to update server.

Hi all,

same problem was here. Now with 11.10 i can play the tut and he loads now first island. But now the Problem: Few days ago i create a account and logged in. And then the Problems start. Now i can play but my avatar looks like an idiot ^^ What can i do ? Do i have to create a new account or can i now recreate my avatar ?

Last edited:
Same problem... in september 2020, ask your administrator for the rights. I am the admin of my PC... :p
I downloaded and reinstalled the game, it worked...

sounds like a laptop with 6gig ram.. most liklly shared video ram. does day dx11 but graphics drivers may not be updates.. if i were to guess id say the gfx is grabbing all the ram not allowing enough for the game to actually load as well.

This thread is nine years old!

Back