Could not connect to update server

RedThothCrowley

Prowler
Society
Obsidian
Red Thoth Crowley
I have never had an issue loading Entropia, except the occasional patch day problems, but suddenly today, when I attempt to open Entropia, I get an error message saying "Could not connect to update server". The client loader does not even launch. I get this error directly after agreeing to the ToU. Is this happening to anyone else?

yes me and I am in the middle of WoF ffs

relog--didnt help

kept hitting retry--eventually got screen Im almost in.

same here also
:mad:

same here also...

I had this yesterday... Restarting the PC and it worked.

Same here, 2 hours already :rolleyes:

same thing here.I was in game and i decided to relog.After i relogeg i get the same error,even after i restarted my pc

same for me... kept hitting retry and now im omw in... i hope

It just took me about 20 minutes to log in for this reason. Finally got logged in, immediate CTD. :mad:

Did`nt happen to me last night but happening now. Will try the restart and see what happens. Maybe it`s a sign?

Okay I tried once more before restarting and the client loader started. Stupid game!

I tried "Run as administrator" and it worked. :scratch2:
Not first time I've chosen run as admin, so don't know why I had to do it again, but it seems to work as a charm every time...

after a few tries usually i can get in after this message. but the odd thing is on my work pc i don't get this message always on this one :mad:

off topic but is it just me or does the loading time take long since 3 vus ago?

after a few tries usually i can get in after this message. but the odd thing is on my work pc i don't get this message always on this one :mad:

off topic but is it just me or does the loading time take long since 3 vus ago?

I too experience longer load times as of late.

I tried "Run as administrator" and it worked. :scratch2:
Not first time I've chosen run as admin, so don't know why I had to do it again, but it seems to work as a charm every time...

I always run it as admin. I believe the issue to be a dns issue as someone had previously stated.

Had the same. Flushing dns cache helped. So if you have the same, try:
  • select run from program menue and type 'cmd'
  • run 'ipconfig /flushdns' in it

Depending on your home router / internet connection, you may need to do the same in it too.

This worked for me also. +rep

Had the same. Flushing dns cache helped. So if you have the same, try:
  • select run from program menue and type 'cmd'
  • run 'ipconfig /flushdns' in it

Depending on your home router / internet connection, you may need to do the same in it too.

just noticed this post thanks:)

This is happening to me again right now...

MA seem to have fucked up every single thing that they changed today, and more.

Idiots.

PS And no the flushdns thing doesn't work.

Seems a lot of ppl cant login now :S

Same here... whew. Hate reinstalls.

Is reinstalling the game fixing it? Meh will have to wait for tomorrow:(

Back