Is space flat?

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
Now when space is comming will it be a flat space or a round space.

Now VTOLS can move up and down, with a non-flat space we will need to be able to roll.

I remember the old game Descent

It was a horror to play since you didn't know what was up and down after 10 seconds of playing.

So my question is will we be able to roll or will the ships allways have their belly pointing down?

I still hope we will get Freelancer-like steering because that was great :)

Only time will tell!

It can't really be space if it's flat. It should also be zero gravity.

If it's 3d then it should be a huge area to explore. I posted this the other day in the suggestions for space

Ok had an idea.

Make space and area 3D which is as high as Calypso is wide. Remember the freefall at Jason?

The motherships are the service center tp's. You could have various sizes dotted around, some with apartments and shops. You can float using armor or use the vtols / spaceships. When you approach the edge of the space area you get bounced back due to it not being cleared.

Place asteroids of various sizes for mining and various space mobs for hunting.

So we end up with a 3D playing area instead of the 2D one we have with planets. CE2 is more than capable of it, just look at the alien ship section of Crysis, you had complete freedom of movement in all directions.

And in space it would be a vast area, far more than Calypso or Amethera combined because all of the area above us is barely used planet side, you can't hunt up there because vtols can't shoot mobs.

It might even be possible to make CP and CND content within it and be able to fly around them.

It can't really be space if it's flat. It should also be zero gravity.

If it's 3d then it should be a huge area to explore. I posted this the other day in the suggestions for space

Of course it's 3D, but how will we move in it? Will our bellies allways point "down".

What would you prefer?

Now VTOLS can move up and down, with a non-flat space we will need to be able to roll.

VTOLS are able to roll now, just the automated gyroscope systems roll it back to normal.

Back