Is THIS an exploit...

Cleetus

Prowler
Society
Victory
Gordan Cleetus Freeman
Well since I've recently read a bunch of whining about hunting without decay using VTOL, I'd like to bring up that I've seen countless people mining using VTOL that I've seen complain about using VTOL for hunting; and to me it seems no different. Individuals get claims in mob infested area, hop in VTOL, fly to claim, drill it, and hop back in, or simply use it to avoid being attacked by singular mobs. Back before VTOL you would have to either fight the mobs off, focus tp out, or die. Using this "VTOL exploit" you aren't taking decay as you should and as many of us in the past have. How is this fair, well, I don't myself see it as a problem since the universe is dynamic and continuously changing. I personally see this mining "exploit" costing MA quite a bit of money they were making before from pure decay. I'd just like to hear peoples thoughts on this "mining exploit."

I could really care a less myself if it's done or not but I'm bringing this up for all the people complaining about a hunting exploit using VTOL that are holding a double standard and doing the same in mining. I'd really like to see people stop bitching and keep them the same, but that's just me. MA had first stated that you would not be attacked being in VTOL, so players got smart and are using their equipment to their advantage.

I think only SEE can answer that, but if the VTOL's were constructed not be attacked they should know that this were going to happend.

I've brought up this exact point in every exploit thread.
Some see it,some refuse too(mirrors can be scary).

So be it,you wont see me sending any support cases about it.

A simple solution i offered a while ago is to :

Getting out of a VTOL have a 10-20sec cooldown to get back in.
To get in the vtol u have a 3-5sec cooldown.

To push it more you could get into the coding that each time those in/out action are done you register it and if someone use more of these action (like 3 time a "get in") in less than 5min, u increase those cooldown by 10-20sec, if someone keep doing those action like 2 more time within another 5min despite the cooldown u increase it even more as it would consider a proof of consciously trying to get in/out of a vehicle either to cause lag(remember MA set cooldown on clothe/armor for that reason!? :eyecrazy: ) ... or to do any other vtol abuse-alike trick.

Last edited:
It's like giving a teenager a case of beer and expecting him not to drink any because he's underage. What did you think was going to happen?

I would stop mining if VTOLs couldn't be used. I for one do not see it as "cheating" the mining system in the way some think it goes against the hunting system.

I may be not all that swift, but I'm fairly certain the design intent was that VTOLs wouldn't be attacked while flying. obviously, to not have a heard of creatures chasing after them from flying over - as happened the first day the VTOLs were placed in game.

by extention, it's perfectly fine to fly into some place, hop out and do whatever you want to do, hop back in and fly away.

now, if you sit in the VTOL, while it's on the ground, to use it as an invincible shelter, you are exploiting MA's coding error - the one where they forgot to turn off the "ignore me" fix when on the ground. you'll note that you can't use any other vehicle as an invincible shelter. consider watercraft, for example, they aren't attacked when on the water. however, the instant they touch shore, they're fair game for anything around them.

I may be not all that swift, but I'm fairly certain the design intent was that VTOLs wouldn't be attacked while flying. obviously, to not have a heard of creatures chasing after them from flying over - as happened the first day the VTOLs were placed in game.

by extention, it's perfectly fine to fly into some place, hop out and do whatever you want to do, hop back in and fly away.

now, if you sit in the VTOL, while it's on the ground, to use it as an invincible shelter, you are exploiting MA's coding error - the one where they forgot to turn off the "ignore me" fix when on the ground. you'll note that you can't use any other vehicle as an invincible shelter. consider watercraft, for example, they aren't attacked when on the water. however, the instant they touch shore, they're fair game for anything around them.

yea i see your point but as an example should i have to mess around flying up 20m to go afk while hunting? get where your coming from though

If you use it to get rid of animals, or to clear your claim, then yes it is an exploit.

If you use it to get rid of animals, or to clear your claim, then yes it is an exploit.
This I can agree to

But is using a high level miner so you can use a fap between the pulls while mobs chewing on you and then TP away, is that also an exploit then? (yes I did this while mining with armax myself and I was able to load my chip without getting hit, have I just admitted that I'm an exploiter?)

Using VTOL to kill mobs is another matter to me then you intend to kill the mob, while mining I think most will want to mine and hunt as little as possible.
Then you say but people mine in dense populations now they couldn't before, fair enough make the VTOL get attacked while on ground. As when you fly it even if so for 1cm up it will use fuel and I guess people will avoid that, and jumping out too high makes both you and the vtol take dmg, and at least the vtol dmg will cost some decay.

TBH i'm getting tires of everyone shouting this is an Exploit and that is an exploit. This player uses an exploit ... and so on.

MA should clarify what is an exploit and what is not.
P.S. everything ingame except pushing the deposit button seems to be an exploit. Whoo i killed a mob and got loot. Exploit,Exploit ...

But is using a high level miner so you can use a fap between the pulls while mobs chewing on you and then TP away, is that also an exploit then? (yes I did this while mining with armax myself and I was able to load my chip without getting hit, have I just admitted that I'm an exploiter?)
Clearly an exploit, you can tell by some of the pixels and from seeing a few exploits in my life...

Yes Mining with vtol is exploit!
I gona do support for everyone who i saw before in vtol and in future,to lock accounts!
:wise:

I getting decay of my armor while drilling my claims, when I get out from VTOL. And that armor is gremlin+5b, so amount isn't that small. You know, what I doing, which you can call "exploit"? I even using summon claim feature, if there is too much mobs!

Those, who say you can "hop out DRILL and hop in" - doesn't mine, doesn't tried and doesn't use VTOL. Please, GTFO and continue your running straight with dropping probes each 120 meters. And do not overlap!

There is so beauty up in the air, and you down there - just green dots. And I can get rid of you - just getting higher! Do not look in the air, while mining, you missing your claims.

I getting decay of my armor while drilling my claims, when I get out from VTOL. And that armor is gremlin+5b, so amount isn't that small. You know, what I doing, which you can call "exploit"? I even using summon claim feature, if there is too much mobs!

Those, who say you can "hop out DRILL and hop in" - doesn't mine, doesn't tried and doesn't use VTOL. Please, GTFO and continue your running straight with dropping probes each 120 meters. And do not overlap!

There is so beauty up in the air, and you down there - just green dots. And I can get rid of you - just getting higher! Do not look in the air, while mining, you missing your claims.

and I guess those that hunted with vtols never incurred any decay on their weapons or armor when they got out of the vtol?!?... :rolleyes::eyecrazy:

Hmm... Afaik almost everyone i know mine w/o armor?

Is that an exploit too?

I guess that several persons use VTOL as a mining gear because its a faster way of getting wherever you wanna mine.
Hunting and mining is imo two different types of professions and Hunting is a very offensive profession and mining is more and less a defensive one.

What i mean is - If you are hunting you get decay on your gear whatever you do (gun/fap/armor/amp)
but Mining is only decay on the mining gear and if ppl mine w/o armor they wont get into a crowded area anyhow?

Okey while mining you can/will meet unwished mobs in your path, but if you are a good hunter also you are able to defend yourself with killing the mob.

Imo i dont think VTOL-mining is an exploit. but wth, i dont even mine yet (not until i can defend myself good against mobs]

~ BB

Last edited:
Yes Mining with vtol is exploit!
I gona do support for everyone who i saw before in vtol and in future,to lock accounts!
:wise:
Pfft, you're aiming too low!

Add a case for everyone you saw getting a claim - VTOL or not. Surely that must have been an exploit too! :)

It's quite simple, really...

Marco's Law

:wise: "If it makes you money, or saves you money, it's a Bug.

If it makes MA/FPC/SEE money, or saves MA/FPC/SEE money, it's a Feature"

:thumbup:

let's put it this way, running a third party software like some did in VU9, like sweat bot, and fruit making software, that's what i call an exploit.
as long as MA/SDS don't make vtol and chopper vulnerable for mob's there is no exploit, they can simply make it vulnerable for mob's.
as long they don't do that, there is no exploit, it's ment to be like this.

example: land in a spawn, drop bomb, get in vtol, get claim, move away in vtol, summon claim, drilling.
did that way used 2 exploits? no just used the system they gave us.
even when vtol could get attacked, it would get some decay, and still people where able to use this method.
IMO

We all would better sell our vtol`s to tt....that way we wont use any exploit and therfore no risk to get ban :D

Using a vtol after purchase is an exploit. Vtols should be stored in your Valkerie and then store your valkerie inside your pitbull, then store your pitbull inside your boat, then store you boat inside your helicoptor, then store your helicoptor inside a relocation box, then put that box inside of your apartment and never touch it again.

It's like giving a teenager a case of beer and expecting him not to drink any because he's underage. What did you think was going to happen?

I would stop mining if VTOLs couldn't be used. I for one do not see it as "cheating" the mining system in the way some think it goes against the hunting system.

I agree that it may seem like an exploit in a way but don't see it as miners getting an advantage over others except maybe people who don't have one. As far as the people who don't have one.....if it is not deemed as an exploit by MA then it is like a hunter needing armor to do his or her hunt. Also if you don't have one and don't want the decay you just avoid the red dots on radar.:rolleyes:
The mobs stopping and not chasing you when you get in is as intended by MA to stop mob trains so it is working as intended here.

The exploit is using them to hunt big mobs and be able to kill them without taking damage or having to wear high end armor.

Using VTOL to mine just allows miners to mine more. Also mobs are more widespread then they used to be. So it balances out that change a little.

Last edited:
well when i was hunting atrox on la40 there was one guy there using a vtol to mine he got out drop a bomb and jump back in other whise he couldnt have mine there whit no decay he would have kill all the atrox to be able to mine there or tp back

so hoo do you think got the decay when i was hunthing there

it bad for a hunter to use the vtol but ok for the miner i say if it bad for one ban the other also

if it was me i would ban all vehicule from the game i still used my tp chip more that the vtol

YAY .. another exploit whining thread .. WOOHOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Bones

if you mine without armour, you don't decay and you get free skills if a mob hits you..

A vtol always uses up gas... = decay and no skills...

unarmoured miners on foot are exploiting the system! they don't decay! they get free skills!! exploit exploit!

Its not an exploit its a feature , mining with VTOLS has no economic impact tt wise . hunting with VTOLs however you can hunt mobs MUCH higher than your level (ie that Warlock Generation 10) in turn if every noob was hunting W10 which is a Level 150+ mob then economic impact on the items that drop by that mob will make it not worth hunting at all, But if you were using a bugged amp or purposely using latency to disrupt the system of decay (probably the reason why many acounts are locked ..don't quote me though) that will have huge economic impact - maybe the reason why MA has lowered the average claim on ore mining (trying to recoup the losses to rebalance the loot cycle after these exploits may or may not have been used), again using VTOLs to mine is not an exploit, its not a bug unless you don't intend to hunt the mobs near your claim and use the VTOL as a safe haven but even such as soon as you get out you have to kill the mobs anyway so i don't see the point, if you drop bomb get in VTOL and fly away, if you get a hit and its near a mob even if you land your VTOL near a claim the mob will still agro and you need to kill it, U CANNOT use a VTOL to clear the spawn from a distance away from your claim, meaning mobs on your claim, flying VTOL out , pull mobs away , by the time the mobs get to you, your in your 'safe haven' and you fly back and get your claim with no hassles - that is using a vehicle to exploit the system. Theres nothing wrong with mining with ships as long as you , when you get a claim dont disrupt the natural system implemented.

Sure, I use a VTOL to mine. And unless MA or any other official party states it's an exploit will continue to mine with a VTOL. And even if that would be considered an exploit I think it's their fault in the first place for introducing a feature that's also an exploit, not ours.

Not feeling guilty one bit.

if you mine without armour, you don't decay and you get free skills if a mob hits you..

A vtol always uses up gas... = decay and no skills...

unarmoured miners on foot are exploiting the system! they don't decay! they get free skills!! exploit exploit!
People who hunt in teams are killing mobs they could not normally kill alone. They must be exploiting, right? :laugh:

Last edited:
...if you drop bomb get in VTOL and fly away, if you get a hit and its near a mob even if you land your VTOL near a claim the mob will still agro and you need to kill it...

http://planetroster.entropiauniverse.com/updates/
Mining

Mining claims are displayed on the radar. This icon also indicates if the claim is at your level, above you or below you.
Added Reach All Mining Claims action. With this you can reach claims that are located at inaccessible locations:
You can only summon claims if you are located where mining is allowed.
Summoning a claim takes 30 seconds and during this your movement is locked.
The mining deed displays the claim's vertical placement.
To avoid unreachable claims, mining is disabled when your attempted survey placing differs too much from your placement.

I don't mine much, and have not since these changes came in... but in theory, I'm wondering if some went in to vtol for safety, moved vtol outside of mob range, then summoned claim to come to the vtol, or got out of vtol, then summoned claim?!?... more speculations... Rumors and speculation will always continue. That's what silence about this sort of stuff creates.... and the silence continues. It would not surprise me at all if this 'feature' is later turned in to a bug/exploit just like the flying causes no damage to vtol from mobs thing was.

http://planetroster.entropiauniverse.com/updates/

I don't mine much, and have not since these changes came in... but in theory, I'm wondering if some went in to vtol for safety, moved vtol outside of mob range, then summoned claim to come to the vtol, or got out of vtol, then summoned claim?!?... more speculations... Rumors and speculation will always continue. That's what silence about this sort of stuff creates.... and the silence continues. It would not surprise me at all if this 'feature' is later turned in to a bug/exploit just like the flying causes no damage to vtol from mobs thing was.
If you summon a claim for any reason other than terrain issues (i.e. avoiding a mob) you are exploiting!

Getting out of a VTOL have a 10-20sec cooldown to get back in.
To get in the vtol u have a 3-5sec cooldown.

I've suggested that long ago - the problem is, nobody gives a damn...

If they'd care, or at least do their job properly, there'd be an official posting "Yes, it might get you banned" or "Not an exploit" within 24 hours - something we could reference in other threads later on.

Instead, they sit and watch us fighting over it until the threads die. Not sure if they are weird that way or just running their companies like a kid would run them... either way, it sucks.

Jehovah, Jehovah...

:silly2:

Back