Help: to stop

I do agree, ...

there should be at least an explanation to the locked.

Does it say in the EULA that accounts can be locked with out explanation? If so then legally there should be a time frame stated. If your real life investments were frozen, you would get a letter of explanation, time frame and avenues to prove innocence.
I think it is reasonable grounds that MA at least email those with locked accounts, provide reasons, give a time frame and allow the player to submit a response. Some players have 30-50000USD tied up in this game, hence some legal representation would be worth while and wake MA up to the fact that they need to be professional when dealing with customers with money invested in their platform.

I hope those who have been locked get an explanation soon!

Cheers
Bjorn

there should be at least an explanation to the locked.

Any further explanation directly to the locked would undoubtedly make it to the public.

It's pretty simple really. Obviously someone did something bad, and some innocent people connected with that person(s) are/were locked pending investigation. I'm sure MA is not resting on their laurels while multiple innocent players are not spending peds in their business, and getting angry in the meantime.

Great Dane .. LoL - sorry about quoting your typo and forever preserving it in forum history !
I just couldn't pass it up, I'm a cheap laugh ! :laugh: I can de-quote it, if it bugs ya ! I just found it funneh ! :D

Thanks for the offer -- but let it survive. I had a great laugh when I read your post. And with all that is going on it is nice to laugh.

fully agree Danielle, I stopped reading that thread long time ago , didnt wanted to be lured into speculations :ahh:

Does it say in the EULA that accounts can be locked with out explanation? If so then legally there should be a time frame stated. If your real life investments were frozen, you would get a letter of explanation, time frame and avenues to prove innocence.
I think it is reasonable grounds that MA at least email those with locked accounts, provide reasons, give a time frame and allow the player to submit a response. Some players have 30-50000USD tied up in this game, hence some legal representation would be worth while and wake MA up to the fact that they need to be professional when dealing with customers with money invested in their platform.

Cheers
Bjorn

Second that ! That is very important to all participants. I wasn't personally involved, but whole that situation makes me losing trust into MA. PPL with invested thousands of dollars must know what is hapening or they will be to scared to invest anymore in future.

Locking account without explanation - that part of EULA is here probably for some special cases like MA step on 100 % proven scamer ( and 100 % is realy important here ) so i can imagine BAN for jim without even word from MA.

But recent events was diferent. Acount were locked for investigation ( wchich mean no profs yet, someone is checking here and there from MA side ). And at that state all should be informed what they accused for.

Again very dissapointed by MA/FPC/SDS/etc. - keeeping in captivity without trial or even accusation reminds me Franz Kafka and Orwell books :(

I just had achievement - Conspiracy Sense unlocked. Let's see only facts:

0. Most of people have Big Hopes of upcoming Arcadia.
1. Major miners (suppliers) and traders locked.
2. Supply going down. But not enough. (locks still exists and investigated)
3. Mining system screwed. (smaller claim sizes) Supply still not enough down. But whining is very high. (read - Arcadia, please, please!)
4. Mining system got patch very fast. But... screwed completely by "bugged" extractors. (Arcadia!!! Come, SAVE US!)
5. Now major supply downed to the ground, according to ET: Mining in down by 40%, crafting - 23%. (WTF?!)

And here we go: major part of players, who can't profit - waiting for Arcadia, and... they have PEDs. Because they don't mine, craft... (it's hard and too suspicious to get down hunt @ same time)

Arcadia released, mining getting to "normal" state, alot of people have (what that transportation fee? 80peds? Nah, they have much more PEDs now) hope and going to the "new" world. With "old" PEDs, in "old" system.

And I don't call someone exploiter there. (smile.jpg)

Does it say in the EULA that accounts can be locked with out explanation?

"You also agree that MindArk has the right to lock Your Entropia Universe Account in case of suspected Agreement violation during the period of investigation of the said violation."

I think that is what they refer to in their statement to the players whose accounts have been locked.

Some players have 30-50000USD tied up in this game, hence some legal representation would be worth while and wake MA up to the fact that they need to be professional when dealing with customers with money invested in their platform.
Cheers
Bjorn

Not exactly, what they have are PEDS, and only PEDS (or items with a PED value).
You have USD either before deposit or after an effective withdraw on your bank account..

Cheers
Bjorn

Isn't it stated in the EULA that MA is still the owner of every pixel you buy? :scratch2:
+ they keep the right to lock accounts for investigation etc blabla

Any further explanation directly to the locked would undoubtedly make it to the public.

It's pretty simple really. Obviously someone did something bad, and some innocent people connected with that person(s) are/were locked pending investigation. I'm sure MA is not resting on their laurels while multiple innocent players are not spending peds in their business, and getting angry in the meantime.

It's as simple as that! They also need to do the right things to stay credible for PP's :wise:

Now if I think a little about the amount of data they must dig the correct infos from....Imagine the all the transactions..... :computer::coffee::confused::eyecrazy::holyshit::cry:

I think we can call it data mining.

Now concerning the OP, Mom expressed what she felt, it was a shout like you sometimes need to do with kids to catch their attention to calm them down. :rolleyes:

If I had to keep one word from all this crap going on these days it would be frustration.
Come on community! Show how strong you are! You can kick robot's tin asses and make Hogglo sausages, so fighting your frustration is piece of cake! :grouphug:

Plz don't make this world as bad as the one we're all escaping ;)
Peace to all living beings on Calypso! (robots are not alive in the biological sense, so deactivation for them! :D)

I've seen all the drama with the locked accounts. I've read the speculation as to who is/isn't guilty, what the crimes are, who may or may not have done it .. etc.

I've been a part of EF for a long time (pcf .. whatever) & I hate to see it in such a toxic place. :(

I'm bothered that we are all taking so much time to accuse our fellow man .. when it's really "the man" who should be under fire, imo.
The first key to ANY relationship is communication.
MA/FPC/SEE/SDS should have told these people WHY they are locked. :mad:
(or whatever acronym they're going by these days)

I understand shitting all over someone's reputation if/when they are truly proven to be cheaters.
But right now, the accusations are only adding to an already massive fire of frustration, anger, and boredom inside EU.
to stop and think before they continue with the accusations and witch hunting. people were locked and unlocked without explanation

Imagine if you got locked without explanation and you visit EF, only to see your 'fellow man' spitting all over your name on the forum because you were one of many locked ... :confused:

Anyone can flame me all they want .. I don't really care. It's been bugging the crap out of me and I had to get it off my chest. :ahh: Thanks for reading my angry Monday rant .. happy hunting, happy Hof'ing, and remember to tip your waitress ;)

i agree with most of the things you say.
But you speak like MA didnt tell locked people that they are a part of ongoing investigtion, which should be enough imo.
As you say many poeple are losing confidence in game, me being among them couse it pisses me off bigtime when i see my money being stolen, so if you like it or not many poeple are actualy dragged into those wichhunts.
i deposited nearly 4k eur in my one year here and its a pain to see people stealing it, can you imagine.
No wonder, even though im around lvl 10 in all mining proffesions, have used amps, but still im without a global in mining, maybe im just unlucky, ya right

Myself personaly havent accused anyone diretly of anything, except for being susspicius at a certain avatar which name comes up with every bug exploit there is, and thinking out loud that a proper investigation should involve close relatives or people from same households.
Clearly, stating those things made me a which hunter in many peoples eyes, every thing i said got taken out of context by people that are getting payed for supporting scammers/exploiters/bought friends, ffs I was even asked to appologize to MJ for being susspicius at him :scratch2:

1. Some people were locked and unlocked without explanation.
2. Some people with thousands of USD in game are still locked without explanation.
3. Some people in game are putting a halt to activities, for lack of definition of what is/isn't allowed with vehicles.;)

1. I realy see no problem here, they were a part of investigation, they were clean and were unlocked, thi should only bring confidence and a feeling of safety, that someone will be held responsible

2. Again whats the problem here, people that more money in game thn the regular Joe, shouldnt be subject of investigation, or they should get some special treatment in form of messages dedicated especialy for them.

3. Indeed, me being one of them, but its not due to lack of definition what is/isnt allowed, but couse I see this place favoures the scammers/exploiters and indulges their fraudelend behavior

PS. my waitress always gets a nice tip

i agree with most of the things you say.
But you speak like MA didnt tell locked people that they are a part of ongoing investigtion, which should be enough imo.
As you say many poeple are losing confidence in game, me being among them couse it pisses me off bigtime when i see my money being stolen, so if you like it or not many poeple are actualy dragged into those wichhunts.
i deposited nearly 4k eur in my one year here and its a pain to see people stealing it, can you imagine.
No wonder, even though im around lvl 10 in all mining proffesions, have used amps, but still im without a global in mining, maybe im just unlucky, ya right

Myself personaly havent accused anyone diretly of anything, except for being susspicius at a certain avatar which name comes up with every bug exploit there is, and thinking out loud that a proper investigation should involve close relatives or people from same households.
Clearly, stating those things made me a which hunter in many peoples eyes, every thing i said got taken out of context by people that are getting payed for supporting scammers/exploiters/bought friends, ffs I was even asked to appologize to MJ for being susspicius at him :scratch2:

1. I realy see no problem here, they were a part of investigation, they were clean and were unlocked, thi should only bring confidence and a feeling of safety, that someone will be held responsible

2. Again whats the problem here, people that more money in game thn the regular Joe, shouldnt be subject of investigation, or they should get some special treatment in form of messages dedicated especialy for them.

3. Indeed, me being one of them, but its not due to lack of definition what is/isnt allowed, but couse I see this place favoures the scammers/exploiters and indulges their fraudelend behavior

PS. my waitress always gets a nice tip

The problem is that you don`t see a problem. I`ve expressed my views on this issue here.
Would also make it clear for you why I`m "defending" MJ. I`m sticking to my guns, that`s all.

MA/FPC/SEE/SDS should have told these people WHY they are locked. :mad:
(or whatever acronym they're going by these days)

Every player has accepted that his/her account may be locked during an investigation of suspected EULA violations regardless of whether he/she is guilty of anything.

While I fully understand the frustration with what is going on and the anger, I don't see how you could effectively demand an explanation.

Although I definitely agree that the communication with the players could and should be improved quite a bit.

[/QUOTE]

The only thing I could come to think of is... Who wants to put in several thousands of dollars here if you suddenly gets locked without an explanation?

It gives a feeling of being insecure.. if I deposited 200k peds in order to invest in items/land I for one want to be sure my peds are "safe".... I would NEVER deposit if I knew I could get banned without even hearing the reason... That doesn't look too good on the outside either

Think of people reading these threads, that are new and possibly high investors if stuff goes along the road well...

"2011-05-xx a bunch of people were banned and noone still knows why, because MindArk decided to not communicate with the investors"

I never do anything wrong in this game (EULA wise :)) and if I were banned without MindArk letting me know the reason, I would travel the 15mins it takes for me to reach MA HQ and bonk on that door until someone opens/throws me to jail =)

then again, that will never happen..

Oh, yes I am aware of that MA has the rights to lock us without reason and owns every pixel of this universe, as stated in the ToS/Eula.... I just wish that MA could start communicating.. I always wanted that :)

The only thing I could come to think of is... Who wants to put in several thousands of dollars here if you suddenly gets locked without an explanation?

It gives a feeling of being insecure.. if I deposited 200k peds in order to invest in items/land I for one want to be sure my peds are "safe".... I would NEVER deposit if I knew I could get banned without even hearing the reason... That doesn't look too good on the outside either

Think of people reading these threads, that are new and possibly high investors if stuff goes along the road well...

"2011-05-xx a bunch of people were banned and noone still knows why, because MindArk decided to not communicate with the investors"

I never do anything wrong in this game (EULA wise :)) and if I were banned without MindArk letting me know the reason, I would travel the 15mins it takes for me to reach MA HQ and bonk on that door until someone opens/throws me to jail =)

then again, that will never happen..

Oh, yes I am aware of that MA has the rights to lock us without reason and owns every pixel of this universe, as stated in the ToS/Eula.... I just wish that MA could start communicating.. I always wanted that :)

you missed my point.
was trying to say there should be no double standards, meaning big investors should be treated just as any other player, regardless of their money put in game.

Ofc if you have money invested its not pleasent to get locked without notice and just recieve a letter "you are a part of investigation", but as you say if you play by the EULA there is not much need to be worried, atleast I wouldnt be knowing I have done nothing wrong, take it like a man wait till you get unlocked, when u get unlocked is should only ba a confirmation you are clean/which you knew all along), and the exploiters will get punished.

Or do you have any info of someone being unlocked for not breaking any EULA, just becouse he enjoyed the game on regular bases?

removed content

in life people take many lessons ..and believe me...you gona be in our place too..sooner or later..even if you dont think you will be now. I mean ...to be inocent and be considered guilty even if is a mistake and you didnt do anything. Remeber these words..i think you are very young man...max 25 years old maybe younger and you feel like king of the jungle now.....but you deff gone learn this leasson of life on yourself. All we take these lessons of life sooner or later.

i wish you good luck in life!

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean ...to be inocent and be considered guilty even if is a mistake and you didnt do anything.

Sorry, but I don't get your point here ... why do you think you are considered guilty?

Sorry, but I don't get your point here ... why do you think you are considered guilty?

exactly!!!..you consider me quilty..before even saying a word or the investigation to be finished....is sad realy..no ofence

in life people take many lessons ..and believe me...you gona be in our place too..sooner or later..even if you dont think you will be now. I mean ...to be inocent and be considered guilty even if is a mistake and you didnt do anything. Remeber these words..i think you are very young man...max 25 years old maybe younger and you feel like king of the jungle now.....but you deff gone learn this leasson of life on yourself. All we take these lessons of life sooner or later.

i wish you good luck in life!

do not judge my age by my looks, just FYI im 31 years old
If you think im one spoiled kid you are wrong my friend, I spend 10 years of my life on countless construction sites, becoming a master of montage, saddly had to stop doing what i loved due to a shoulder ligiment ties injury, which i got from working to hard for long hours.
Luckly I found myself enjoying and earning money playing poker.
So my pourpuse here is not to earn money but to have fun in a game that that I enjoy as I havent enjoyed no other so far, that is why i care a little what goes on in our little universe.

I see you are locked, does that give you a reason to go around negrepping me, couse i spaek about ongoing investigation?
did i lock you?
am I not entiteld to oppinion?

anyways if you are innocent you should be back in game soon(yes you wont believe it, but i actualy have faith in MA to unlock clean players as i allready stated a few times before)
exactly!!!..you consider me quilty..before even saying a word or the investigation to be finished....is sad realy..no ofence

who said anything about you being quilty?

edit: battle axe between Mikaas and me burried :)

Last edited:

No I don't, that is why I am asking.

The locking of the account itself does not indicate any guilt at all.

That is not what she said, or has said in any post.

The expolit itself, the locked accounts, the money involved, the lack of communication, the heavy speculation.

It all adds to why this causes the controversy like it does, cannot be simply stopped.

Imagine if you got locked without explanation and you visit EF, only to see your 'fellow man' spitting all over your name on the forum because you were one of many locked ... :confused:

I have yet to live that sensation after 5 years and a half of PE/EU. And if I would get locked for investigation, I am 1000% that those fellow players who actually matter for me won't rush into spitting.

That being said, I don't really see the reasons for which MA should actually communicate the players why they were locked. I mean more than "you were locked for an investigation". I find improbable and childish the possibility of a communication among the lines of "see, we thought avatar X was a scammer and we locked you to see if your transaction with respective ava was just coincidence". Or, even better "we locked you because we found this bug, which can be reproduced this and that way, and we're not sure wether or not you abused the soul out of it or just walked in by mistake" etc.

Nomatter what they'd say, some part of players would be unsatisfied.

I'd rather see them saying something/anything about the behaviour of mining finders and of mining excavators.

Back