Help: Overly-long time to log in to EU

Dusk

Elite
Trinity Dusk Trinity
Hi folks,

I'd noticed over time that EU was taking longer and longer to log in to. With this in mind I performed a defrag of my hard drive last night, expecting to see an improvement on completion.

I've just logged into EU, put in my password and entered my gold card code. Between entering the gold card code and actually being in game a time of three and-a-half minutes elasped. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something else I should be doing?

Admittedly my system is quite old now. I'm running a P4 3Ghz, with 3 Gb of RAM. Could this be the problem?

Any sensible advice appreciated.

I think everyones load time increased a huge amount with the launch of Arkadia. It happened to me both at home and at work - and my home machine is a bit of a beast.

Yes, it was the Arkadia Release.

Yep...takes me 3-5 mins to get in. Frustrating but worth the wait.

:headbang:

noticed the increased loading time too and prolly it was because of the arkadia release. maybe tomorrow vu will fix it a bit :scratch2:, or won´t let me log-in at all :eyecrazy: :ahh:

1 min 50 seconds with 2 other mmorpg's running and a few other aps and a slow net connection

Hi folks,

I'd noticed over time that EU was taking longer and longer to log in to. With this in mind I performed a defrag of my hard drive last night, expecting to see an improvement on completion.

I have the same, takes ages to log in. At least it feels like that and lately I have started to do other stuff while I wait for my avatar to wake up.
Did the defragmentation help you in anyway?

Did the defragmentation help you in anyway?
I've a feeling my loading times were quite long prior to Arkadia but I don't know for sure as I never checked, so I don't think the defrag helped.

Ok, then I'm not going to try that. Takes ages :eyecrazy:

Ok, then I'm not going to try that. Takes ages :eyecrazy:
I've done defrags in the past and it has worked in reducing the loading time. So don't necessarily let me put you off. However on this occasion, without quantative evidence, I don't think it has helped.

MM 08 i waited 5-40 mins to get passed log in screen

aftre arkadia it is 2-3 mns for me ( old PC ). However noticed that if i alt tab client and bring it back from bar it gets somehow "unstucked" and loads about 1 min faster....still its damn long

Same here, damned slow :(

Likewise... its been getting slower and slower I think but since arkadia... actually slow enough to make me think it my internet connection has dropped or something.... (probably 2-3 mins too)

has anyone done a support case?

Wistrel

It started to get slower for me with the local voice client. If the login is waiting for the voice client to connect before carrying on, then a slow or no connection for it may be slowing the main login.

took a long time for me too... probably the new vu stuff that came in. Not as bad this morning after I used the 'repair' option yesterday. Every time I use repair the last few times in the last few weeks it's always found some unexpected file, so I think some of the dynamic update stuff is screwy?

Same thing observed here with an internet connection that typically downloads at 4 MB/sec. so there must be a lot of "dynamic" content.

Yes it is the new standard. The new mascot could be a nerf sloth with bugs crawling all over it.

For me it takes longer also but I get none of that lost connection to server BS where I have to put in all my digits about 50 times.

Personally, I think it's an improvement! Of course they could go one step further and just make it work properly for once. ;)

I'm still having this problem. Even on the second login of the session.

2:03 to log. I can't wait to see improvement that I log in night before I got bed and waste my ped next day :D

I've noticed this too. And I have a quad core, 6 GB machine with a fiber connection. It seems this is definitely something on their end, or added to the programming somehow...

Likewise... its been getting slower and slower I think but since arkadia... actually slow enough to make me think it my internet connection has dropped or something.... (probably 2-3 mins too)

has anyone done a support case?

Wistrel

same for me too, and yes i did a support case, and the reply i got to my knoledge since they have now deleted all my cases is they was not aware of this issue please give more details, which i did, then they replyed they will pass it onto the correct department blah blah standard message lol

:)

lets hope it gets fixed soon and LOOT gets turned back on for me too :p

RJ Rob

This have honestly kept me from logging in a few times the last few days.... Bad bad bad for EU to see these long load times.. I wonder why it takes so long?

This have honestly kept me from logging in a few times the last few days.... Bad bad bad for EU to see these long load times.. I wonder why it takes so long?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 1 thing comes to mind :scratch2: hehe LOOT, they want to keep it from us even longer lmao

Ok, so it takes longer than it used to to log in (extra checks? needs better optimisation?) but it only loads once - its not like we see a loading screen when we drive about or TP from one place to another like playing a single player game. :)

It started before Arkadia for me.

And it's much faster on my newer computer with faster cpu and ssd, which makes me wonder what MA is doing on my computer before it logs me in...

Username - check, Password - check, GC code - check, 6-8 turns of Solitaire - check...

8-10 minutes to logon, but after that no problems. No kicks, no extreme lag, except in very populated areas (read: too damn many vehicles ;))

But something that's new is that if I cancel a team both I and teammates are kicked out due to CTD..:scratch2:

Username - check, Password - check, GC code - check, 6-8 turns of Solitaire - check...

8-10 minutes to logon, but after that no problems. No kicks, no extreme lag, except in very populated areas (read: too damn many vehicles ;))

But something that's new is that if I cancel a team both I and teammates are kicked out due to CTD..:scratch2:

8-10 minutes??? :eyecrazy:

I think mines about 45 seconds after GC entry.

You guys are lucky, I cant even get past the loading stage of the log in screen this afternoon, if you want my money MA, let me in!

Back