Help: Overly-long time to log in to EU

Mine takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes after GC. I have a P4 3.2GHz EE w/2GB ram running Win7 32 bit. It never used to be this bad..

Id love to be able to make it to the actual loading screen.

It took me 15 minutes today to get back in following a disconnect, including one "Connection Lost" and one "Your avatar is already logged in".

2 hours 45minutes later, still no log in. Logged in fine last night in under a minute.

Since about 5 updates ago my load time has been longer. Has nothing to do with arkadia as far as I can tell.

The client is indeed doing something fishy. After credentials are entered, the client starts burning CPU like it was a free resource, and stays that way for 90+ seconds for me, before it starts doing what is expected of it - display load screen and start attempting to run the game environment.

During this time no disk access, no (noticeable) net access, only burning CPU. About the only things I can think of is that MA is using our computing resources for some distributed math-heavy stuff like folding@home, cryptography cracking or generating bitcoins.

I see an alternative explanation, but that one would paint their developers in such a dung-brown light that it wouldn't even be funny. No, instead of assuming such a horrible public display of incompetence I give them the benefit of a dubt and assume malice. :)

OK while I was experiencing the now standard login I checked the EU data files.

Now, today there has been no update but in my dynamic content folder I found files territories_calypsosystem_18.pak and territories_arkadia_07.pak both dated today and with the curent time.

YEAH! something else we can count or time.....

Maybe they are trying to hypnotize us with that cirlce thing that just keeps going around and around and around and ....

On the plus side, I'm getting more done around the house... Enter password...Then do one of the following: Mow lawn, wash dishes, change oil, wash clothes, till garden soil, change kitty litter, remodel bathroom, etc.. etc...:wtg:

Since Version 12 the burning of CPU for no obvious reason when logging on seems to have vanished.

Could it be they got cold feet from getting caught with the hand in the cookie jar, or maybe they just finally looked over the code from that 9th grade intern they let lose on their cash-cow. Could it be an admission of shame and guilt that the release notes AFAIK didn't mention fixing something that important? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anyway, problem currently gone for me. Should a few more be able to verify this I think we can consider the problem solved (for now - give it a few weeks to return ;) ).

Since Version 12 the burning of CPU for no obvious reason when logging on seems to have vanished.

Could it be they got cold feet from getting caught with the hand in the cookie jar, or maybe they just finally looked over the code from that 9th grade intern they let lose on their cash-cow. Could it be an admission of shame and guilt that the release notes AFAIK didn't mention fixing something that important? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anyway, problem currently gone for me. Should a few more be able to verify this I think we can consider the problem solved (for now - give it a few weeks to return ;) ).

Yep, connection in 5 sec last night instead of 1 min.
Seems they really improved something for once, too bad they even didnt mention it. :D

Yep, I was pleasantly surprised at the quick log-in after downloading VU12.

Yeap yeap! Working fine, I almost felt like relogging just to test it to see if it really was true lol

Yeah, VU12 solved it :)

Good to know it wasn't my PC that couldn't hack it :yay:

Much faster.

But why no mention in the release notes?

Back