VTOL in another game?

And this surprises you why? Model copy paste is what MA does best, did you really expect original work out of them?

in effect them are not similar, them are really ...identical

Identical is right yep:) In the big scheme of things it's ok, not a big deal, if MA actually did its job and did not piss off pretty much all its clients for various reasons people would not nitpick on the little details...but that is clearly not the case:)

And this surprises you why? Model copy paste is what MA does best, did you really expect original work out of them?

Considering that MA had the VTOL in game before Miner wars even launched I'd say you got that a little backward :). Unless MA bought the design off them, as if you look at the company history it seems that they provided services to MMO's in the past.

It looks closer in configuration to the heavier armed craft that used to sit on the tarmac at Port Atlantis in the pre-Typhon era.

Im thinking the EU VTOL design is either a engine template or the design was outsourced to the same person who made that one. OR someone got "inspired" BY someone :yup: Just too identical :)

Considering that MA had the VTOL in game before Miner wars even launched I'd say you got that a little backward :). Unless MA bought the design off them, as if you look at the company history it seems that they provided services to MMO's in the past.

VTOL's were released in EU over 2 year ago? :scratch2:

VTOL's were released in EU over 2 year ago? :scratch2:

well, the designs were there next to arrival zone at thew PA loooong ago )

edit..or was that twin..or other town..anyway they were designed long time ago

There were some static display models on planet.

Twins used to have the VTOL's long gone before VU10 ^^

Not copy paste. They bought the licence to use it, and apparently so did somebody else. 3d artists need to eat too and this is one way. I'm fairly certain that the Q-Wing is also licenced. The mothership designs are probably bespoke.

Its a normal thing that everybody does.

Not copy paste. They bought the licence to use it, and apparently so did somebody else. 3d artists need to eat too and this is one way. I'm fairly certain that the Q-Wing is also licenced. The mothership designs are probably bespoke.

I forgive them. :)

If they buy pre made models then they have more time to work on other things, like the missing systems. Why reinvent the wheel?

I say go ahead and outsource as much as you can. Also, full time 3d artists aren't cheap :rolleyes:. Better use them in developing other things.

But they should have bought more futuristic models for the shemaemir, the valkyre, the chopper and the boats.

I think they should go a step further and buy content from the playerbase. I saw some amazing designs from a guy here in the forum, some really futuristic vehicles. And i'm sure there are lot of talented 3d artists, musicians, etc. that would offer their work for ped or a UL version of an item ;D

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/album.php?u=2542

Last edited:
Isn't there already a thread with link to an online store with all the CE2 models for sale and the vtols are in it as are some of the others.

Guess they paid a smaller amount of money for the textures of the vtol to save time and salary for employes. Just hope they dont do this to much so we become just like any other game.

I think used be a VTOL with weapons in old Chug Hideout.

Nothing related to VTOL, i want say when you hear another avatars talking (not Voicechat) you can hear "The Sims" characters talking.

Greetings.

MinerWars0052_zoom.jpg

:lolup::lolup::yay::yay:300:yay::yay::lolup::lolup:

well, the designs were there next to arrival zone at thew PA loooong ago )

edit..or was that twin..or other town..anyway they were designed long time ago

Best pic I have, but you can see its there in the background. :)

What he said... nothing to see here. Move on to more important issues in our Universe than a licensed model.

Back