Hanger price check...

Joker

Marauder
Society
BAHQ
wonder the value of these...

Hangers getting their ships soons...
and the big upgrades MA has done to hangers... (made them huge... and added all sorts of terminals... repair... auctioneer TT etc)

what are they worth?

Personally, I think they are worthless. :D

On the strength of Frank's 'lucrative future' comment 200k.

Now, remains to be seen. :confused:

With the upcoming UL ship of the privateer class for the hangar owners and the fact that the UL Quad sold for 36k I would say they are far from worthless! There was a hangar on auction starting at 12.5k. That doesn't sound too unrealistic.

Edit: Sorry, I mixed dollars and PEDs without specifying. I meant 36k PEDs and 12.5k$. The hangar was on auction with a SB of 125k PEDs.

Last edited:
Value i guess depends also on where unlimited thruster is, just a thought :). The unlimited thruster is atm the biggest asset of hangars, until we know how ships are that is.

Actually the thruster is not part of the hangar. If you buy a hangar now you don't get the thruster!

With no unlimited thruster a hangar owner is at a serious disadvantage, without the thruster hangar value i would say is seriously decreased as now anyone can travel. It is the only "edge" atm a hangar has, less thruser cost and no mark up to escape planet - sure more passengers but if i was buying a hangar that would be my prerequisites for purchase.

Just saying buyers beware ;)

yes hangers and thrusters are seperate items...
i know a pilot that could burn 1 (L) thruster a day... at 500 peds... x 300 days... thats 150k peds savings per year... not bad

With the upcoming UL ship of the privateer class for the hangar owners and the fact that the UL Quad sold for 36k I would say they are far from worthless! There was a hangar on auction starting at 12.5k. That doesn't sound too unrealistic.

Actually the thruster is not part of the hangar. If you buy a hangar now you don't get the thruster!

Exactly...

Like I said, I think the hangar is worthless.

Exactly...

Like I said, I think the hangar is worthless.

problem with quad wings is 1 passenger... vs privateers u can do multi passengers... which is part of hanger... Unlimited too...

so if quad wing UL went for 36k.... privateer at first blush should be worth double to triple... based on how much people u can take and speed...

so if u can take 1 person with quad wing... but take 4 with privateer... should be worth 4x more since 4x more profit and the fixed cost becomes spread out over those 4 passengers... so if u take 1 person costs same price of decay oil if u take 4 people ;) profit will be nice

Last edited:
Max speed is also a consideration, but yes that i guess is as fair an estimation as we can get atm.

As for the hangar itself as a building not that much imo but people sometimes pay strange amounts for the "kudos" value i guess. Until all is revealed at the moment the value is an unlimited thruster and a ship we know nothing about, but as thrusters are not part of deed if not included in sale i don't think they worth as much personally.

Just my opinion though others probably see things differently, are there any bids on hangar currently in auction without thruster? ;)

no hanger on auction

Actually, this is one of my all-time favorites:

20020407s.gif

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Well I am slightly biased, I guess, because I am looking for one, but

Let's not forget about the (L) ships that will come in the future (?) as well, and it was said there will even be (L) mothership's, if I recall correctly.

Also, possibility of Hangars being released for other planets, Arakdia / RT / NI / etc.

And even though lucrative possibly, but maybe less business due to all the space vehicles and future transport opportunities due to all those vehicles.

Best thing to do, is to have this price check when the actual ship comes out with all the details. As of right now we are all betting on speculation.

This should be fun :popcorn:

Great post by MS9 here about the ongoing issues of hanger owners.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/hangar-owners-the-long-wait.5786/

I think there's been some actual activity between 120-140 range from people moving peds around, there's been one listed in auction a few 6 day cycles now for sb 12.5 no bids.

I wouldn't buy a hanger without the thruster, your not getting the thruster if you buy in auction, more stupid hanger decisions from MA.

Privateer looks like a cool ship in that video, but too many unknowns for me atm, Ma makes promises, well, you can follow your own experience on that. Everything MA does with these things is going to be designed to maximize you continuing to plowing peds in. Hanger owneres think, ok i get my ped maker back and it will be good to go, well, No telling how much your going to have to put into it from the get go just to be functional in pvp space, its probably going to be like the motherships, your probably going to have to armor them up, equip guns, and have crew to repair just to be able to survive flying through pvp space, big ship like that is a like driving a target around, it better be fast.

I probably wouldn't be very interested unless it was under 100k by some measure.

Last edited:
What makes you guys think the Privateer is even going to need a thruster, nvm a UL one ;)

They are necessary to reach space with a Sleipnir (VTOL), Quad-Wing Interceptor (Medium Fighter) and potentially other ships in the future.

Seeing as the email was specific to hanger ships, yet they use the word "potentially to OTHER ships in the future". That to me implies other ships other than the one we are talking about right now, and future, as in not the current ship...

Guess they leave the door open so they cant be painted into a corner :)

I think there's been some actual activity between 120-140 range from people moving peds around, there's been one listed in auction a few 6 day cycles now for bo 12.5 no bids.

where is this 12.5k ped hanger everyone talking about? or do u guys mean 149999 ped s/b 250k ped b/o hanger that was listed?
12.5k$? you are second person that said 12.5k ped hanger

What makes you guys think the Privateer is even going to need a thruster, nvm a UL one ;)

Seeing as the email was specific to hanger ships, yet they use the word "potentially to OTHER ships in the future". That to me implies other ships other than the one we are talking about right now, and future, as in not the current ship...

Guess they leave the door open so they cant be painted into a corner :)

This is how I`ve read it also. Privateers won`t require thrusters, I think.

Today, in the first space release, you - as one of the hangar managers - will receive one of the first space thrusters to your Inventory. They are necessary to reach space with a Sleipnir (VTOL), Quad-Wing Interceptor (Medium Fighter) and potentially other ships in the future. Your thruster will be of unlimited type which is very rare for these items.

In a subsequent space release you will find a space craft in your Inventory of Privateer class.

It doesn`t mention the privateer in that list and doesn`t mention hangar ship either.

This is how I`ve read it also. Privateers won`t require thrusters, I think.

It doesn`t mention the privateer in that list and doesn`t mention hangar ship either.

correct... kinda like motherships do not need thrusters?

Here's a video, of the future hangar ship, "Privateer" Class

Seems it's just a smaller version of a mother ship, will be faster, will require gunners for defending, will probably need to be repaired as you fight/defend, will probably need SI upgrades as well and the engineering devices to make it move and equip the weapons on-board.

And, yes, there was a Hangar deed listed in auction for 125k ped in auction.

where is this 12.5k ped hanger everyone talking about? or do u guys mean 149999 ped s/b 250k ped b/o hanger that was listed?
12.5k$? you are second person that said 12.5k ped hanger

I clarified and edited my earlier post, sorry. The auction had a SB of 125k PEDs.

Here's a video, of the future hangar ship, "Privateer" Class

Seems it's just a smaller version of a mother ship, will be faster, will require gunners for defending, will probably need to be repaired as you fight/defend, will probably need SI upgrades as well and the engineering devices to make it move and equip the weapons on-board.

And, yes, there was a Hangar deed listed in auction for 125k ped in auction.

Wasnt going to mention it but since you got the vid up..... The hanger u see in this vid has me thinking existing hanger owners might have their hangers relocated to space OR new hangers sold in space (kinda defeats the purpose of having planet side hangers) UNLESS the ones in space are related to having one on planet side for docking purposes. Most logical is that those are either new which then begs the question...why in space if the main player base is on planet side !?!? So maybe for docking ? Or am i missing something very very obvious ^^

Edit : Jst occurred to me... Could it be that the planet side Hangers (static ship tp) might act like tp's to a Space hanger from where the privateer then leaves with its passengers...

Last edited:
I suspect that the privateer (hangar ship) will be able to land on planet, but it can only land in a hangar (its own even, privateer will be linked to its hangar?).
Only problem with this is how do they land on other planets :scratch2:

I'll second worthless just to balance out the owners/sellers saying 200k. :rolleyes:

Edit : Jst occurred to me... Could it be that the planet side Hangers (static ship tp) might act like tp's to a Space hanger from where the privateer then leaves with its passengers...

Interesting indeed. If you look closer(in the video), there a TP there on that hangar looking platform below.

I'll second worthless just to balance out the owners/sellers saying 200k. :rolleyes:

hmm talking about the hangar DEEED the worthless will be almost correct later on. If I understood MA correctly the hangar owner will get 3 things: An unlimited thruster, an unlimited spacecraft and a shop with termials. Since the hangars always come in bulks the terinals are of almost no advantage for the individual owner. So the value of the deed is the value of the shop that it represents. The location of most of the hangars is not quite perfect to set up a shop and everyone will need to get to a tp eventually anyway. So the shops will probably have a value similar to mall shops or even lower. Thus the hangar will be worth the total of the 3 assets that come with it. Most ppl seriously interested in hangars know that their ROI will never ever justify a value of 200k and those 3 assets will certainly not. I believe that on the long run the 3 assets will end up getting sold seperately since an ul thruster isn´t needed when u have a ul spacecraft that doesn´t need one. I personaly believe this is MindArks plan to get enough ppl into space on a constant basis. The (L) thrusters are a bit harder to control for them since they can´t predict how fast ppl will use them up.

Back