How to update BIOS on Asus Crosshair IV formula?

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
I have gotten error,:

Code:
Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer
If you continue to receive this error message contact the hardware manufacturer

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occured
According to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/new-computer-running-windows-7-unexpected-io-error/46b4fc7a-9a83-4db2-9a00-dca512797e61
"computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive."

One of the suggestions is to update bios.

I havent done that since we used floppy 1,44MB.

I have downloaded the lastest BIOS .ROM-file for this motherboard, and I know ASUS have good windows tools for updating BIOS, but I never get this far.
I cant boot on CD either because this error comes up while loading windows files from boot CD.
I can however boot in safemode command prompt.

Any suggestions ?

How do I import BIOS from command prompt ???

I've flashed BIOS on various computers, sometimes via windows and sometimes via the floppy disk.

What does the information text file say for your motherboard (I have a 3 year old ASUS motherboard that I updated a couple of years ago)

Does your pc have a floppy port connector and do you own a floppy drive, cable & floppy disk ?

You find a friend that knows how and let him do it.

That way you don't brick your mobo :wise:

I guess Google is not Kimmi's friend... or you would have found this:

Put bios on flash drive, goto bios, press key for EZ flash, select bios on flash drive, and flash.

I have gotten error,:

Code:
Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer
If you continue to receive this error message contact the hardware manufacturer

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occured
According to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/new-computer-running-windows-7-unexpected-io-error/46b4fc7a-9a83-4db2-9a00-dca512797e61
"computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive."

One of the suggestions is to update bios.

I havent done that since we used floppy 1,44MB.

I have downloaded the lastest BIOS .ROM-file for this motherboard, and I know ASUS have good windows tools for updating BIOS, but I never get this far.
I cant boot on CD either because this error comes up while loading windows files from boot CD.
I can however boot in safemode command prompt.

Any suggestions ?

How do I import BIOS from command prompt ???

Have a look here, hope this helps.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/Crosshair_IV_Formula/#download

I remember having this kind of error once when something was wrong with a SATA cable. I fixed it by exchanging it.
Even though I have done a lot of bios flshes, I would not recommend them unless they are really necessary.
Did not lose many motherboards, but I lost a few (..what are the odds of a power failure during a bios flash ? From my experience 50% of them happen only during bios flashing, the other two where announced :D )

Back