Privateer price check

privateers certainly may be able to enter / exit atmosphere before long.

The sole perpouse of a thruster is to get people in and more importantly OUT of space.

You can get to space a few ways. TP, thruster.

And to get down you have to pay 7 ped tp, or 2 ped + thruster shot (inherint value up to 5 ped. more if you consider convenience to have any Mark up.)

If and when the privateers get the go ahead to go into and out of atmosphere do you think its likely that MA will not have you use a thruster to get back into space for the one type of ship? Of course its a possibility. But lets look at what advantage the privateer will have reguardless of thruster or not.

A privateer owner leaving space to get back into planets atmosphere at the moment will have to thruster down clients 1 at a time, or have them use the teleport. IF and when the privateers get this ability you would have the only ship capable of entering and exiting space with more than 1 passenger. Giving the privateer a advantage no other pilot in the universe will have with the current ship setup.

MS's, no other ship would have this ability making it a premier transport vessel.

The email sent from MA I have not read but if they are telling you to use sleipnirs and quads its because that is the system they had working at the time. the universe is dynamic and it can change.

If and when the privateers can land on planets, MA will lose a lot of decay as right now it takes 1 thruster shot to deliver 1 passenger from space. Any change allowing them to enter atmosphere you'll have the ability to carry 5 passengers per thruster shot. (or not) which would be a very important tool in your cost for piloting.

Only 1 vehicle and 1 item are tied to the old space system. In my opinion MA wont want to rattle the investors to much as they have been teatering on the edge recently with a few mishaps and the balance of items ect that lost a couple larger investors.

I like the solidarity of everyone who has an interest in these Privateers and MotherShips and UL thrusters to be bumping up the value of the "what they are worth" propaganda with every post, in some cases exponentially, soon they will be considered a bargain at 200k! I need to get some waders, its getting deep in here :laugh:

for me 70kPED is way overpriced.
I would consider something around 30KPED as a good BO.

As already mentioned the UL quad was rather overpriced as well. Look ad Ed's in auction. Sure it will not sell, even for the SB. The hype is over from the first days.

About the Privateer I don't know... I own one so my opinion is not over the parts... I think we still need to see how MA will let us use em to tell the price, but for 30k I am ready to risk buying a second deed mmediatly.

About Quad, the last sold for 4k peds less than SB on this one, and we have to consider that unL vehicles are prizes in MA events running actually... probably there will be more than 4 ingame soon... risky to pay high for it atm.
And the difference between the L one is very low, price on L is going down and in combat it has no adantage vs L ones exept the repair after battle.

Does anybody know anything about passenger/crew capacity for MS and Privateer? If figures are unavailable, what's the maximum number of people that the privateers have managed to squeeze in thus far?

I think we can safely assume that corresponding figure for an MS is huge.

But if Space ever really gets big, then this figure could be crucial.

jay :)

Does anybody know anything about passenger/crew capacity for MS and Privateer? If figures are unavailable, what's the maximum number of people that the privateers have managed to squeeze in thus far?

I think we can safely assume that corresponding figure for an MS is huge.

But if Space ever really gets big, then this figure could be crucial.

MS crew limit is 50 persons

I've been thinking: what use could hangars possibly have now? They are clearly intended to be useful, or else MA would not have re-vamped them.

My guess : in future, all small space vessels will be required to land at a hangar. They will be charged a fee for this, payable to the hangar owner. This will replace the current entry tax of 2 PED.

In this case , if you had a privateer but no hangar, you would just miss out on the chance to land your vessel for free.

I'm just guessing ofc, but what else could possibly be done with them?

I've been thinking: what use could hangars possibly have now? They are clearly intended to be useful, or else MA would not have re-vamped them.

My guess : in future, all small space vessels will be required to land at a hangar. They will be charged a fee for this, payable to the hangar owner. This will replace the current entry tax of 2 PED.

In this case , if you had a privateer but no hangar, you would just miss out on the chance to land your vessel for free.

I'm just guessing ofc, but what else could possibly be done with them?

Yes, maybe having a hangar on a planet would allow you free landing. Problem is you would not only be landing on one planet. Would be kinda hard to buy hangars on all planets. ;)

Well, teh revamping was done by SDS really, and its not clear they did not do so in good faith but lacking actually firm information from MA as to how the Hangar buildings would be useful.

Well, teh revamping was done by SDS really, and its not clear they did not do so in good faith but lacking actually firm information from MA as to how the Hangar buildings would be useful.

SDS was pretty much MA. Same people, being in constant communication with each other.

So its been a month since this topic was opened, how many privateers have sold, what did they sell for, who bought them and why, what's the trend?

We still have some unknowns to deal with about hanger use/ultimate intended use, UL thruster use/ ultimate intended use, space and any updates to it that would change its current use from its current lameness until MA stuffs the mobs with something interesting to loot, the ability to log out and log on to prevent from being PK'd, etc. Is anyone making a standard income transporting "sleeping avatars" and their hidden cargo across space? Charging people to hunt space mobs? Charging people to skill repairs? that would indicate some kind of steady income from these activities that would give one the ability to calculate some kind of roi / purchase price that makes sense? Or is it all about speculating what MA said or didn't say they might or could or would do at some point someday in the future? I looked on the calendar, I couldn't find "someday" on any of the pages...

Since the thread covering the auction of that privateer was locked, anybody see how much it went for? Would put the question of value to rest as you have an actual sale to base a price off of.

I would like to see the results of the auction as well as the final few bidders.
Hopefully someone posts it.

narfi

It was below 40k, over 39 though, I'm fairly sure.
Winner was Tzepu, 2nd highest bidders name started with B, can't remember now :D

It was below 40k, over 39 though, I'm fairly sure.
Winner was Tzepu, 2nd highest bidders name started with B, can't remember now :D

second letter is "u" an he didnt decide to win it )

second letter is "u" an he didnt decide to win it )

Burnsey! But back on topic this AH firms up the value of a privateer to 40k PED.

Tzepu already had his own one, so if he bought it for 40k I am ready to bet it worth more :)

Did anyone catch what the last privateer on auction sold for?

Cheers
Bjorn

new checkprice tomorrow auction in game.

Back