PlanetCalypsoForum Premium Memberships

Site Admin
Admin

PlanetCalypsoForum Premium Memberships offer enhanced permissions and features for dedicated forum members, including expanded limits on private messages, avatar, signature and profile picture dimensions and filesizes, and much more.

Compare the features of the various Premium Memberships in this chart:

subscriptions.jpg

Notes:

Max Stored PMs: The number of private messages allowed to be saved in your inbox.

Ignore PM Quota: Allows you to send a PM to a member even if their inbox is full.

Max PM Recipients: The number of recipients you can send a message to at one time, great for society mailings, etc.

Set Self Invisible: Allows you to browse the forum in "invisible mode" so that other users cannot see you online, or what page you are viewing.

Open/Close Own Threads: Gives members the option of opening or closing threads they have created in most forums and subforums. Very useful for sales and event threads. Note that if a moderator closes a thread, this does not give you permission to reopen it.

Change Custom Title Anytime: Allows you to change your Custom Title message (via the User Control Panel) as often as you like, with no CFD cost.

Profile Pic Dimensions/Filesize: Limits for uploaded profile pictures.

Animated Profile Pic: Allows the uploading of animated images (gif) as profile pics.

Avatar Pic Dimensions/Filesize: Limits for uploaded avatar pictures.

Animated Avatar Pic: Allows the uploading of animated images (gif) as avatar pics.

Animated Signature Pic: Allows the uploading of animated images (gif) as signature pics.

Premium Member Logo: As thanks for your support of PlanetCalypsoForum, all Premium Members will also sport a Premium Member logo in their avatar information panel:

adjusted.jpg

improved.jpg

modified.jpg

customized.jpg

Payments:
All payments are made via Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, the Paypal payment page will also give you an option to pay with a credit card/bank card.

There are two payment plan options for each of the Premium Memberships:

1. A recurring quarterly (three month) subscription (these subscriptions are automatically renewed unless canceled from your Paypal account, see below).
  2. A one-time payment for 1 Year memberships (discounted compared to the quarterly recurring subscription).

Ordering:
To order one of the new Premium Memberships, go to your User Control Panel and click the Paid Memberships link in the left hand menu, or click the link below:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/payments.php

Please post any specific questions about Premium Member features in this thread.

Thanks to all members for their support of PlanetCalypsoForum! :yay:

**PAYPAL NOTES**

If your Paypal payment is made via eCheck, your PCF Premium Membership will not activate until the eCheck clears (usually takes 3-4 business days).

If you wish to cancel your PCF Premium Membership to prevent future automated billings, this must be cancelled from within your Paypal account. To cancel a subscription, go to your Paypal account history, and select "Subscriptions" from the filter drop-down box. Then select the active PlanetCalypsoForum subscription, click details, then click "Cancel this subscription". All forum benefits of your existing subscription will remain active until the original subscription validity period, and no future billings will occur.

Due to popular demand, PCF Premium Memberships have been reinstated for the time being.

As happened when FPC acquired EntropiaForum, all active Premium Memberships will be honored and any remaining subscription time purchased by members will remain active until expiration, regardless of potential future changes to the Premium Membership offerings.

If you wanted us to buy you a b-day gift all you had to do was ask :)

The notation in the avatar area isn't working, and actually distorts into the posting area.

PlanetCalypsoForum Premium Memberships offer enhanced permissions and features for dedicated forum members, including expanded limits on private messages, avatar, signature and profile picture dimensions and filesizes, and much more.

I have tried a few different computers at work and at home and I can't see the chart. If someone is able to view it, can they post a pic of it?

Cheers
Bjorn

weee its back!

I have tried a few different computers at work and at home and I can't see the chart. If someone is able to view it, can they post a pic of it?

Cheers
Bjorn

Try doing a hard refresh on this page by holding down the CTRL key and then pressing F5.

Cheers
Bjorn

this is a link to it, incase the refresh did nothing.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/9/9/9/2/subscriptions.jpg

Loving this feature! Being able to my my profile page purple.... Bliss!!!

:D:D:D

Hmmmmm

How do you put font size of your name either back to normal?..without enlarging everything else on your page..I looked at where it does the "Font family"..and that just enlarges everything else in fonts ..EXCEPT your profile name.Its way too small.at least have it go back to normal size would be nice. Thanks. :eyecrazy: UGH!

Thanks John!

Thank You for Pming me with your help..Greatly appreciated John..:)

How about bringing back senior memberships?

Becareful what you wish for..

How about bringing back senior memberships?

Well I'd say "Hell Yeah" they should..but if they can't fix the one this one advertises.. and JC and I tried..I don't want any of it...Now waiting for 711 to see if he knows what to do. :scratch2:

Well I'd say "Hell Yeah" they should..but if they can't fix the one this one advertises.. and JC and I tried..I don't want any of it...Now waiting for 711 to see if he knows what to do. :scratch2:

I have replied to your private message.
The PCF Premium Memberships are not broken or in need of fixing. It seems you misunderstood what one of the included features offers.

I understood it fully

Never in it does it say "will minimize existing username" Thats not a feature... sorry..you are only one who can reset it. I have no control over it whatsoever..when it was activated..is when when problem occured. If can't be fixed please let me no refund policy.

regards;
Thorns Rose

P.S. If you are able to reset it to what normal (pre-membership) font was it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Never in it does it say "will minimize existing username" Thats not a feature... sorry..you are only one who can reset it. I have no control over it whatsoever..when it was activated..is when when problem occured. If can't be fixed please let me no refund policy.

regards;
Thorns Rose

Your original PM was not clear. You simply asked 'how do I change my profile username font', making it appear that you believe that the Modified membership allowed one to do so.

Misunderstanding sorted, and I have responded to your second PM.

Thank You..

Your original PM was not clear. You simply asked 'how do I change my profile username font', making it appear that you believe that the Modified membership allowed one to do so.

Misunderstanding sorted, and I have responded to your second PM.[/QUOTE
Thank You and I responded...:)

I haven't even bothered reading through this thread, but I'll wait with my rant until someone provide an answer as to who actually owns this forum.

I haven't even bothered reading through this thread, but I'll wait with my rant until someone provide an answer as to who actually owns this forum.

I am (still) the owner of PCF.

A full explanation of the situation was provided in the following post, made earlier this year in June around the time when MindArk took back control of Planet Calypso:

The original contract governing the sale of the EF database and the creation of PlanetCalypsoForum was entered into with First Planet Company (FPC), and included a payment schedule. As with any other outstanding contract, the terms and liabilities of that contract were assumed by SDS when it acquired FPC from MindArk. As of the present, SDS has failed to fulfill its remaining financial obligations with regard to the FPC sales agreement.

The PlanetCalypsoForum website and database is and always has been in my possession, and is hosted on the same servers as EntropiaForum.com. At no point in time has any other company or entity (including SDS) had access to the forum database, and this will remain the case until the terms of the original sales agreement have been fulfilled.

As you no doubt know, MindArk has resumed control of all operations relating to Planet Calypso, and this includes PlanetCalypsoForum, Calypso's official community forum. I am in regular contact with MindArk representatives regarding PCF's current and future operation.

In brief: PCF will remain online as the official community forum for Planet Calypso, and there is no need for members to worry about the website being shut down, or any loss of forum threads or member data.

A full explanation of the situation was provided in the following post, made earlier this year in June around the time when MindArk took back control of Planet Calypso:

711 you say this forum is the official forum for Mindark. Then why on earth do MindArk make little to no use of it? Your claims seem rather far fetched. Isn't it more likely that this forum is in some kind of legal dispute with regard to SDS and MindArk and hence MindArk prefer not to use this forum to avoid any wrong doing?

Also since you've never made public terms of the sale how can anyone be certain that you are the owner as you claim to be? We have no way of knowing if full payment was made by FPC or SDS or how much they did pay? perhaps it's in joint ownership between yourself and SDS if they paid partially?

Then there will be no rant, though I must say that after this piece of information this forum, in my mind, no longer has any significant ties to FPC.

711 you say this forum is the official forum for Mindark.

No, I said that this (PCF) is the official forum for Planet Calypso. Please make an effort to avoid misquoting me and then stating something as fact. That's how (dis) misinformation gets started and causes people to get worked up over nothing.

Then why on earth do MindArk make little to no use of it?

MindArk reps have been quite active on EF, starting in May of this year (before Calypso was transferred back to MA), especially within the Ask MindArk section. After the transition of Calypso, it took some time for MA to adjust to the new situation.

Now that the summer holidays have passed and MindArk has had time to reorganized its staff and put together its new Calypso team, official activity by MindArk reps here on PCF will increase dramatically.

As a matter of fact, I have been in contact with MindArk very recently about the current forum situation, and Kim will soon be focusing his Planet Calypso community communication efforts here on PCF, in a new forum section to be added this weekend.

Your claims seem rather far fetched.

Far fetched?? Everything I have stated is completely accurate. I have no reason to mislead anyone.

Isn't it more likely that this forum is in some kind of legal dispute with regard to SDS and MindArk and hence MindArk prefer not to use this forum to avoid any wrong doing?

There is no legal dispute regarding PCF.

As for your comment about MindArk reps having some kind of fear about posting on PCF because of the situation between them and SDS, I would point out that both David|MindArk and Justin|MindArk have made posts here on PCF since Calypso reverted back to MindArk. :wise:

Also since you've never made public terms of the sale...

I did make public the terms of the sale of PCF to FPC (with the only exclusion of the sales price, which has no relevance to the questions you are raising). See my original post, quoted above.

...how can anyone be certain that you are the owner as you claim to be?

The simple fact that I am still the (only) admin should make it pretty obvious that I still own the forum.

We have no way of knowing if full payment was made by FPC or SDS or how much they did pay? perhaps it's in joint ownership between yourself and SDS if they paid partially?

What reason would I have for lying about whether full payment was made? :scratch2:

You can be sure that if a buyer pays in full for something, they would certainly want to receive the purchased property, no? So why is SDS not running this forum, if they have paid in full as you seem to question?

No, I said that this (PCF) is the official forum for Planet Calypso.
Got it official forum for Planet Calypso. However, the point remains why no announcements about matters relating to calypso are officially posted here. Instead they are posted on an external third party website and not on this so called "official" website.

MindArk reps have been quite active on EF, starting in May of this year (before Calypso was transferred back to MA), especially within the Ask MindArk section. After the transition of Calypso, it took some time for MA to adjust to the new situation.

EF has nothing to do with this website and I see no reason for it entering this discussion here. So I suggest you take your own advice and please make an effort to avoid misquoting me and then stating something as fact. That's how (dis) misinformation gets started and causes people to get worked up over nothing.

since Calypso reverted back to MindArk. :wise:

If Calypso reverted back to MindArk should it not be the case that pcf ownership also goes to MindArk? If full payment was not made by FPC or SDS but more than 50% was made to my mind brings claims of you being owner of pcf under doubt.

I did make public the terms of the sale of PCF to FPC (with the only exclusion of the sales price, which has no relevance to the questions you are raising). See my original post, quoted above.
Could you point me to the full terms of the sale that you say you made public? I must have missed it. If your referring to your post above it does not cover the terms of the sale.

The simple fact that I am still the (only) admin should make it pretty obvious that I still own the forum.

Owner and rightful owner are completely separate.

What reason would I have for lying about whether full payment was made? :scratch2:

You can be sure that if a buyer pays in full for something, they would certainly want to receive the purchased property, no? So why is SDS not running this forum, if they have paid in full as you seem to question?

Perhaps they paid 90%? We are not in a position to know the facts.

Don't get me wrong, not really being negative, but I think a lot of those things called bonus's should be offered freely to all members as they are mostly just options. I know it doesn't cost much price wise to host a website or the website server as I have my own (will be nice and not give domain)...Just my two pec saying I think most of these options should be offered at no price at all.

I know it doesn't cost much price wise to host a website or the website server as I have my own (will be nice and not give domain)...Just my two pec saying I think most of these options should be offered at no price at all.

How many visitors does your website receive each day? Page views? How quickly do your pages load? How quickly do they load for visitors in Europe? Australia?

Obviously, not all websites require the same amount of hardware resources to run effectively. Could you host Facebook on your hosting plan?

OK, that was obviously an extreme comparison, but your post indicates that you vastly underestimate the server resources needed to properly host a site as busy as PCF.

When I originally took over the forum back in 2006, it was hosted on a $40/month shared hosting account, and could barely keep up with normal usage-level traffic. When EU went down for updates, the forum became completely inaccessible for hours due to the massive traffic spike of players looking for info. If you don't believe this, ask some of the veterans how frustrating it was to wait 10 minutes or longer for a forum page to load on VU days.

PCF now has incredible up-time and responsiveness, even at the busiest times such as during VU updates. Pages always load very quickly even for users from many different regions of the world (North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc.).

This was accomplished by hosting EF (and now also PCF) on a very robust platform, the details of which I have shared on this forum several times in the past:

Hosting a very large and active forum such as EF requires fairly powerful, forum-optimized hardware and software to ensure fast page-load times and responsiveness. Forums are extremely resource-intensive web applications, especially when there are upwards of 800 members and guests clicking around on the site simultaneously at peak times (such as when EU is down for updates or maintenance).

A site like EF (and soon PCF) could never be hosted on a typical shared hosting account or VPS (or even a single dedicated server) without a major sacrifice in performance that would result in a very slow and frustrating user experience.

PCForum will be hosted on a platform of very powerful servers that has been specially optimized for the hosting of large and active vBulletin-powered forums, and can accomodate thousands of simultaneous forum visitors and has the ability to be scaled as needed as the Planet Calypso userbase grows over time.

EF/PCF Hosting Platform Specs:

Webserver:
Motherboard: SuperMicro X7DBR-E Intel Xeon QuadCore DualProc SATA [2Proc]
CPU: Dual Processor, Intel Xeon-Clovertown 5335-QuadCore-LV [2GHz]
RAM: 8 GB ECC FB-DIMM DDR2
Main Partition: 2 x 400 GB 15k RPM SA-SCSI in RAID 0 config
Secondary Partition: 1 x 400 GB 15k RPM SA-SCSI
Network: Dual 1000 Mbit network cards (1 private interface connected to DB server, 1 public interface)

DB Server:
Motherboard: SuperMicro X8DTU-F Intel Xeon QuadCore DualProc SAS/SATA [2Proc]
CPU: Dual Processor, Intel Xeon-Nehalem 5520-Quadcore [2.2GHz]
RAM: 12 GB ECC DDR3
Main Partition: 2 X 64GB Intel X25-E Extreme SSD HDD in RAID 0 config
Network: Dual 1000 Mbit network cards (1 private interface connected to web server, 1 public interface)

There is also a high-capacity dedicated back-up server, running a specialized Continuous Data Protection (CDP) software allowing real-time restoration of folders, files, and databases.

Back-up Server:
Motherboard: SuperMicro PDSMU Intel Xeon QuadCore SingleProc Sata [1Proc]
CPU: Intel Xeon 3220-Quad Core [2.4GHz]
RAM: 2 GB DDR2
Main Partition: 2 x 1000 GB 10k RPM SATA/SAS in RAID 1 config
Network: Dual 1000 Mbit network cards (1 private interface connected to DB server, 1 public interface)

Media server: (hosting EntropiaRadio, Entropedia, EntropiaTracker).
Motherboard: SuperMicro X7DBR-E Intel Xeon QuadCore DualProc SATA [2Proc]
CPU: Dual Processor, Intel Xeon-Woodcrest 5148-DualCore-LV [2.33GHz]
RAM: 2 GB ECC FB-DIMM DDR2
Main Partition: 500 GB SA-SCSI 10K RPM
Network: Dual 1000 Mbit network cards (1 private interface connected to web server, 1 public interface)

Average monthly public network data transfer (web server): 1800 GB
Average monthly public network data transfer (media server): 1200 GB
Average monthly private network data transfer (between web/db servers): 22000 GB

I can assure you that the revenue generated from Premium Memberships does not come anywhere close to covering the monthly cost of such a hosting platform (not to mention other costs such as software licenses, add-on services, etc.).

True your pages do load much faster than my own. And of course I would not offer all of those options you have listed freely, however, such as the ability to ignore IM's for instance, that I would offer for free as an example. Browsing invisible everyone can do anyway as a guest, just they won't be able to post. But please, it was only my own opinion, basically just that I would have offered some of those things for free, of course I am not you, and you do great things here and this forum is appreciated. Like the post said, it was only my 2 PEC :p

True your pages do load much faster than my own. And of course I would not offer all of those options you have listed freely, however, such as the ability to ignore IM's for instance, that I would offer for free as an example.

There is no feature that gives "the ability to ignore IM's".
Perhaps you are referring to the "Ignore PM Quota" Premium Member feature? If so, that is explained as:

Ignore PM Quota: Allows you to send a PM to a member even if their inbox is full.​

Browsing invisible everyone can do anyway as a guest, just they won't be able to post.

Indeed, while browsing the forum as a guest, members are unable to make posts, give reputation, send PMs or do anything else that requires being logged in. The invisible mode feature allows one to do all of those things 'incognito' which is a desirable feature for some members.

But please, it was only my own opinion, basically just that I would have offered some of those things for free, of course I am not you, and you do great things here and this forum is appreciated. Like the post said, it was only my 2 PEC :p

No problem, I just wanted to clear up a few things, since your post could easily give others the mistaken impression that properly hosting and operating a website like PCF is very inexpensive. The reality is that the modest revenue generated from Premium Memberships doesn't even cover 10% of the monthly server costs.

Also note that there are absolutely zero advertisements on PCF (even for unregistered visitors), which is very uncommon for a public internet forum.

Back