PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 94
  1. #1
    Elite
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Florida
    Society
    Glory Hound Irregulars
    Posts
    4,640
    Images
    255

    Regeneration speed analysis

    I was trying to make an order to the available data about mob regeneration. I went on entropedia to the Armor vs mob page and ordered the info based on reg speed. Then i was trying to found out a coorelation between the reg speed and the other available data.

    Here the first set:



    so reg speed don t look to correlate with any of those parameters

    second set



    in this case look like there is a correlation between reg speed and danger level. It looks even better is log scale



    probably the coorelation will get better dividing the mobs in two groups or 3 groups, like under danger level 20 and upper....or similar.

    Im writing this looking for help to someone skilled more than me in this kind of analysis.
    thx
    DC
    Evade/attack Tool calculator -- The inventory calculator -- AuctionData tool -- Shops Blast out::::::REVIEW -- EntropiaBay Official Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck I want to quit this game and this forum right now.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Posts
    5,201
    Images
    47
    The danger level thingie looks like a match, somewhat, but not all mobs are regen mobs, and that's why i think it is not that simple...

    However, the regen rate can be calculated from the total damage needed to kill a mob, which is quite easy to calculate from the damage messages in the chat log.

  3. #3
    Old Alpha Terminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Arnold Terminator Swarzzy
    Posts
    877
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...However, the regen rate can be calculated from the total damage needed to kill a mob, which is quite easy to calculate from the damage messages in the chat log.
    Can you please explain more?

    If I kill a young Trox (990 HP) with P4a or Apis, the damage messages won't help me much.
    - With P4a+A104, I will need 75s to take it down, and that will represent 1728 HP (175% of original HP).
    - With Apis+Beast, I will need 24s to take it down, and that will represent 1224 Hp (124% of original HP).
    These are average figures counting no "Failed" no fapping, only the 8% MISS.

    So far I didnt find better way that hitting a mob down to 5~10%, hit timestamp, screenshot, wait in VTOL until full regen, then second time stamp, second screenshot and HP bar analysis etc...
    (Born in Port Atlantis on 2006-08-12)

  4. #4
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Posts
    5,201
    Images
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you please explain more?

    If I kill a young Trox (990 HP) with P4a or Apis, the damage messages won't help me much.
    - With P4a+A104, I will need 75s to take it down, and that will represent 1728 HP (175% of original HP).
    - With Apis+Beast, I will need 24s to take it down, and that will represent 1224 Hp (124% of original HP).
    These are average figures counting no "Failed" no fapping, only the 8% MISS.

    So far I didnt find better way that hitting a mob down to 5~10%, hit timestamp, screenshot, wait in VTOL until full regen, then second time stamp, second screenshot and HP bar analysis etc...
    Calculating the regen rate requires 2 things:

    An exact time frame
    The amount of health regenerated within that time frame


    Regen rate = regenerated HP / time frame




    The time frame doesn't have to be a predetermined time span as long as we got exact figures.

    We simply take the timestamp from first damage message (that's where regen kicks in) and the timestamp from the last damage message (the one that killed the mob) - the difference between these timestamps is our time frame.



    The amount of health regenerated is equal to the total damage dealt within the timeframe minus the original HP of the mob - the last damage message doesn't show how much you potentially inflicted, but the real damage taken by the mob (the health that's left), so we have pretty exact numbers here, too (0.1 HP precision)


    You can repeat this test several times, with three different time frames. Especially long timeframes will give you very nice results.

  5. #5
    Elite
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Florida
    Society
    Glory Hound Irregulars
    Posts
    4,640
    Images
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calculating the regen rate requires 2 things:

    An exact time frame
    The amount of health regenerated within that time frame


    Regen rate = regenerated HP / time frame




    The time frame doesn't have to be a predetermined time span as long as we got exact figures.

    We simply take the timestamp from first damage message (that's where regen kicks in) and the timestamp from the last damage message (the one that killed the mob) - the difference between these timestamps is our time frame.



    The amount of health regenerated is equal to the total damage dealt within the timeframe minus the original HP of the mob - the last damage message doesn't show how much you potentially inflicted, but the real damage taken by the mob (the health that's left), so we have pretty exact numbers here, too (0.1 HP precision)


    You can repeat this test several times, with three different time frames. Especially long timeframes will give you very nice results.
    so let say
    the time frame to kill a mob is x1-x10 (and x2, x3, x4 are fraction of this time)
    the mob has y health points
    i make y damage in x1-x4 (t1)
    the damage that i inflict in x4-x10 (z) is the mob regeneration during the time x4-x10 (t2)
    so the regeneration in z/t2; correct?
    Evade/attack Tool calculator -- The inventory calculator -- AuctionData tool -- Shops Blast out::::::REVIEW -- EntropiaBay Official Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck I want to quit this game and this forum right now.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Posts
    5,201
    Images
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.D.C. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so let say
    the time frame to kill a mob is x1-x10 (and x2, x3, x4 are fraction of this time)
    the mob has y health points
    i make y damage in x1-x4 (t1)
    the damage that i inflict in x4-x10 (z) is the mob regeneration during the time x4-x10 (t2)
    so the regeneration in z/t2; correct?
    No, you can't really decide which HP were generated in a fraction of the time, you need the full sum of the damage messages to calculate the HP the mob had the moment it died.

    Let's say you caused 200 HP damage in t1 - it is not possible to say which of the lost HP were regenerated and which were "original HP", not before you have an end point (the moment you kill it and know how many HPs were left)


    The example you've posted only works when the damage inflicted within t1 is exactly the mobs "original (base) health".


    Once you know the regen rate you can exactly tell how many HP a mob has at x2, x3 or x4.

  7. #7
    Elite Hijacker27's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Mississauaga Ontario, Canada
    Avatar
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Posts
    4,837
    Images
    63
    Regeneration speed is a very large factor in the mob 'danger level' along with damage, so that would definitely have at least a loose correlation. No other scannable statistic is related to regen speed (same with damage). We just have to manually test for this at the moment, until we know the exact formula for mob danger level, and even then, that would be subject to rounding error.

  8. #8
    Elite
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Florida
    Society
    Glory Hound Irregulars
    Posts
    4,640
    Images
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you can't really decide which HP were generated in a fraction of the time, you need the full sum of the damage messages to calculate the HP the mob had the moment it died.

    Let's say you caused 200 HP damage in t1 - it is not possible to say which of the lost HP were regenerated and which were "original HP", not before you have an end point (the moment you kill it and know how many HPs were left)


    The example you've posted only works when the damage inflicted within t1 is exactly the mobs "original (base) health".


    Once you know the regen rate you can exactly tell how many HP a mob has at x2, x3 or x4.
    i got your point but we consider t1 like the time to generate y damage, whatever in t1 the mob has still a lot of hp in effect generate by...regeneration. I guess like usual we are getting the same result using 2 different methods :-)
    Evade/attack Tool calculator -- The inventory calculator -- AuctionData tool -- Shops Blast out::::::REVIEW -- EntropiaBay Official Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck I want to quit this game and this forum right now.

  9. #9
    Elite
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Florida
    Society
    Glory Hound Irregulars
    Posts
    4,640
    Images
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regeneration speed is a very large factor in the mob 'danger level' along with damage, so that would definitely have at least a loose correlation. No other scannable statistic is related to regen speed (same with damage). We just have to manually test for this at the moment, until we know the exact formula for mob danger level, and even then, that would be subject to rounding error.
    in effect the r2 for that equation is 0.8....that is huge. But damn it looks nice :-)
    i was also wandering, how much correct are the regeneration data present in entropedia????
    Dunno if them coming from multiple inputs...............
    Evade/attack Tool calculator -- The inventory calculator -- AuctionData tool -- Shops Blast out::::::REVIEW -- EntropiaBay Official Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck I want to quit this game and this forum right now.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Nicholas wizzszz Wolf
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Posts
    5,201
    Images
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.D.C. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i got your point but we consider t1 like the time to generate y damage, whatever in t1 the mob has still a lot of hp in effect generate by...regeneration. I guess like usual we are getting the same result using 2 different methods :-)
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same here - damage is generated instantly, there is no timespan for generating damage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.D.C. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunno if them coming from multiple inputs...............
    Likely, altho i doubt there are many people who are working on these data.

    Everyone can edit entropedia, and all changes are recorded - you can find out who entered the values by opening the mob vs. maturity table and click on the "History" Tab - search for changes to the "Regen. Speed" column.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook