Things to do in a mothership?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I made a mothership rental thread here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?215744-Renting-Mothership

However I'm surprised no one has actually rented it yet. Considering it's a generous offer I thought maybe people are not too familiar with what you can do with it.

So lets see what can you do with a mothership? :scratch2:

Post your suggestions however creative and obvious here.

Best thing I can think of is getting a team together and going out to kill Rockstars. Would be very staisfying experience for sure :)

SI it up a tad then rent it out a repair skilling service ;) That one was free...for more suggestions requiring less startup capital , please contact our help desk to discuss consultation fees :silly2:

What about sub-renting? Good idea :)

So everyone just keeps renting to each other. That's one crazy world we live in :)

SI it up a tad then rent it out a repair skilling service ;) That one was free...for more suggestions requiring less startup capital , please contact our help desk to discuss consultation fees :silly2:

I've been thinking about that. The problem with upgrading SI is I need good repair skills at least be level 25. So it's a bit of a catch -22 situation. With time it'll be upgraded though. For the time being can still gain repair skills. Having beeen on the Normandie it's quite a fun experience in itself even with low SI.

crash it in to a planet ???

lol I like your line of thinking. Only one way to find out :)

Best thing I can think of is getting a team together and going out to kill Rockstars. Would be very staisfying experience for sure :)

I am here right now....come get me... i be here for a while... thats arkadia btw ;) Lets roll

222222222.jpg

DCF

Why not use it to host parties? There's plenty of room, either in the hangar or the level below the control centre.

It does get a it hot and stuffy in the Propulsion room mind! :laugh:

Maybe if we have a ballpark idea of the $$$ involved we might be interested.

The cost is whatever you think is fair and reasonable for that service. So if you said you thought it should be free I would offer it to you for free. If you said it should be 10 peds then you get it for 10 peds. Maybe I'll change the wording in my post to make it clearer.

Why not use it to host parties? There's plenty of room, either in the hangar or the level below the control centre.

That's an intresting idea. I've been thinking of a particular kind of party but waiting to contact the relevant people and see if they are intrested.

I agree, parties are a great idea ;)
Don't forget the ever so sophisticated VIP lounge :)
Always fun to go a trip to party on pirate base too :)
That's an intresting idea. I've been thinking of a particular kind of party but waiting to contact the relevant people and see if they are intrested.
That sounds intriguing!

Last edited:
You know what these Motherships really need? The ultimate in entertainment - a holodeck.

That way you could party in a forest, or a desert, hunt mobs for fun (obviously no loot, but in the tradition of Star Trek's holodeck the safety protocol would mean on ammo used, no decay and no real pain (HP loss) - it'll be purely to try mobs out). There's probably other uses for a holodeck that I've not yet considered too.

And I'm intrigued also by this particular kind of party of which you speak.

OOOoooo a party!!!!

I remember the cool parties back in the day of Moonfish and Doll...
:beerchug:

fly around with it close to the pvp to piss the pirates off?

Sun Dive
- its a very simple concept. It means the ship is going to dive into the sun ;)

Sun Dive
aaah, recharging the battieres, good idea :)

Sun Dive
MA would need to implement suns first thought, which will raise a whole lot of questions like:
Does a planet partner have any rights in regards to the sun his planet is orbiting ?
If he does, why isnt he called sun partner ?
Will we need thrusters to land sunside ?
What kind of thrusters will we need to launch into space from the suns center ?
Will our ships take damage sun side ? Can we skill repairs or shield engineer there ?
Will we need sun blocker (L) before landing sunside ?
Will white avatars burn faster or slower then black ones ? And how will this effect balance on the sun blocker market ?
Sorry for the derail ;)

To add something productive:
Motherships make good summoning stations - just make sure everyone on your guest list likes that service ;)

Will we need sun blocker (L) before landing sunside ?

muahaha :laugh: good one

why not find some more people and re-enact some famous battles like gettysburg :cool: or the battle in yavins orbit :wtg:

Fill it with 100 noobs with nothing in them to be looted and let someone from RockStars waste their ammo trying to loot them all.:lolup:

so people made these large purchases and no one knows what to do with them? lol

You can get shot down real easy, oh and your easy to see from a long ways off. Other then getting killed, I see no real use. :)

so people made these large purchases and no one knows what to do with them? lol

People bought them due to the potential they have - especially as they are upgraded i future VU's, as space developes and as their SI is upgraded :) (in my case at least).

Benefits as I see it:
- Great for hunting trips
- Great for skilling repair
- Good portable base in space
- Super society gathering point
- Large scale transport potential
- Uniqueness and coolness

I doubt though we even know what potential they have so far and what opportunities will come... time will tell (roll the dice and see)

Stare at a repair point for 2 hours and wait to be attacked, know every pixel of that repair terminal, have re-occurring nightmares about that terminal.

:laugh:

Sorry but repairing on a MS was one of my all time lows for excitement in EU. :D

I've been hunting twice now with Sbi on the Kronan, had an absolute blast for several hours shooting space horrors! Also gained over 1000 skill points on the last run. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty entertaining!

Blackjack :cowboy:

Reactions: sbi
Well I have an Idea, its not an Immediate one but I think its a good one and its Specific for your Mothership George.

The Gagarin,

Possibly named after Yuri Gagarin... (good chance of it) A Russian Hero. A Former Airforce pilot and Cosmonaut.

Why is He A Hero? He is the First Man to Orbit the Earth.

Important Dates:
March 9th, 1934. Yuri is Born

April 12th, 1961. Yuri becomes the First man to Orbit the Earth

March 27th, 1968. Yuri Gagarin is Tragically killed in an Airplane Crash. He never got the chance to fly in space a second time. (R.I.P. Yuri. A Hero Among Men)

Perhaps It might be worthwhile getting in contact with the Russian Societies and organising an Event with them??
Maybe A Regular Party or Organising with other Mothership owners a Battle.

I would think that Some Motherships Slugging it out in Combat is bound to be a big drawcard for a Space Events.

Just some Ideas for you.

Perhaps you should make an entropian rework of the spacebattles in starwars ?

Back