FYI: CFD System/Shop Maintenance and Upgrade

Site Admin
Admin
The CFD System and CFD Shop have been upgraded, bringing lots of new features, fixes for quirky behavior in existing features (e.g. username and title customizations that did not always function properly), as well as the ability to add some cool new items available for purchase.

Unfortunately, the upgrade process was quite intensive and it was not possible to retain any members' purchased items. All members who had previously purchased item(s) from the CFD shop have been issued a refund into their CFD balance, so that the items can be repurchased. Sorry for the inconvenience.

New Features

Buyback Protection - Most items in the CFD Shop will now offer a temporary buyback option, which gives members a 48 hour protection period during which the purchased item can be resold to the CFD Shop for a full refund. This will help in cases of mis-clicks, accidental double purchase of icons, etc.

Improved CFD Activity Log - The CFD transaction history log should now be much easier to understand, and more accurately report your CFD earnings and spending activity.

User Interface Improvements - The front-end functionality and interface of the CFD Shop has been revamped and improved in many ways. Many display errors and browser behavior bugs have been fixed.

CFD Purchase Option - CFDs can now be purchased via PayPal at a rate of 2500 CFD per 1 USD.

The image below shows how one can initiate an order for CFDs:
purchse_cfd_step1.jpg

After clicking the submit button, you will be forwarded to a PayPal page, where you can log in and submit payment. Purchased CFDs will be credited to your CFD balance within a few minutes of payment.

New CFD Shop Items Members will soon have the ability to use their accumulated CFDs to purchase expanded forum permissions and account limits (i.e. expanded PM inbox storage, larger avatar images, ability to set self invisible, etc.).

Enjoy :cool:

Works nicely, though the buy back text takes up two lines making that button look funky to me :rolleyes:

The CFD System and CFD Shop have been upgraded, ...

Hmm

When I press that CFD Shop link I get this message:

SanSiim, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Also I can't find any other link to the CFD Shop from forum interface or am I blind?

HELP

Customisable name and "status"

my lovely pink name and awesome status have been replaced by the boring black name and "stalker" status

since the cfd shops has been remoduled i am quite lost where can i restore these?

Hmm

When I press that CFD Shop link I get this message:

SanSiim, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

HELP

Permissions corrected, you should now be able to access the CFD Shop. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But why was it necessary to take away the icons I already bought? :scratch2:

Nevermind...

Note to self: Always read the whole OP before posting. :duh:

711, my name is no longer magenta. Has this been fixed yet? And if so could you change it back? Thanks!

Also just noticed I am missing my little icons...

Last edited:
my lovely pink name and awesome status have been replaced by the boring black name and "stalker" status

since the cfd shops has been remoduled i am quite lost where can i restore these?

711, my name is no longer magenta. Has this been fixed yet? And if so could you change it back? Thanks!

Also just noticed I am missing my little icons...

Regarding the icons: Please read the opening post of this thread.

As for the username/title customizations, everyone who had purchased such features in the old CFD shop have been issued refunds, and will have the opportunity to repurchase them soon (probably next week).

As for the username/title customizations, everyone who had purchased such features in the old CFD shop have been issued refunds, and will have the opportunity to repurchase them soon (probably next week).

Great :rolleyes:

Damn, I didn't even notice them missing. :laugh:

Sorry, sometimes my reading skills are less than perfect :)

awesome

:yay::):tongue2::wtg:

User name customizations have now been enabled in the CFD Shop, allowing members to alter the styling and display of their user name throughout the forum, including: bold, italic, underline, custom color, glow and shadow effects.

After a few days have passed and no bugs have appeared, I will enable the same for user titles.

Enjoy :cool:

I'm pink again! woho cheers .... now bring back my fap 5 icons:laugh:!

also "colored username" is appreaing as an icon atm don't think it's supposed to do that

Just FYI:

"Glowing" user names (text-shadows) are not supported by IE, no matter which version.

Purple Again

Woooot, loving the glowing thingy :yay:

Just FYI:

"Glowing" user names (text-shadows) are not supported by IE, no matter which version.

it's the other way around:laugh: even the front styles wont use IE

when we can buy some PCF banners????

It's the other way around:laugh: even the front styles wont use IE

I do use IE... and not just coincidential... and so do ~50% of the visitors of this forum.

:tapfinger

Why can I not buy any skill icons from the shop? It's like they are not available :(.

Back