Gobble-dee-goop

Xeps

Young
Dear Citizens of Calypso,

I have two queries to put forward regarding two separate aspects of the game:

First of all, I am utterly and completely confused about crafting. I am trying to find information on how much it will cost me in ped to get to a "certain tier" of skill/Profession level where I can craft slightly useful things to aid the General Colonist (what that is I do not know yet). Also, I don't want to dive in head first throwing my ped into crafting with no idea of scale i am getting myself in for, I know its going to cost me a lot of ped to be the best and most skilled crafter, but everyone has to start somewhere... could someone go over a quick overview of what kind of items i am going to expect to be crafting in the crafting professions and what kind of result i am going to expect from each one.

Secondly and finally, this isn't so hard to answer (i hope), I have been hunting for the past 3 days with my shiney Opalo and i have just maxed it, I just obtained a nice and shinier Breer M2a and I have a full set of Rascal Armor. I am kind of fed up with the monsters i am killing and i am looking for a race that gives slightly better loot that will come close to the ammo cost of the Breer. Could someone give me some tips please?

Many Thanks,

Captain Gyro Awesomesauce

First of all, I am utterly and completely confused about crafting. I am trying to find information on how much it will cost me in ped to get to a "certain tier" of skill/Profession level where I can craft slightly useful things to aid the General Colonist (what that is I do not know yet). Also, I don't want to dive in head first throwing my ped into crafting with no idea of scale i am getting myself in for, I know its going to cost me a lot of ped to be the best and most skilled crafter, but everyone has to start somewhere... could someone go over a quick overview of what kind of items i am going to expect to be crafting in the crafting professions and what kind of result i am going to expect from each one.

You need to craft stuff with markup (MU) look at auction at what's selling and hall of fame and see what people are crafting, find what components are needed to craft these things that have MU and craft components.
http://www.entropiawiki.com
http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/

Secondly and finally, this isn't so hard to answer (i hope), I have been hunting for the past 3 days with my shiney Opalo and i have just maxed it, I just obtained a nice and shinier Breer M2a and I have a full set of Rascal Armor. I am kind of fed up with the monsters i am killing and i am looking for a race that gives slightly better loot that will come close to the ammo cost of the Breer. Could someone give me some tips please?

What are you hunting now?
Try the small Argos North of Twin Peaks.

you will pbb need to buy some skill chips if u want to start doing useful stuff a good tool is
http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php
were it will tell you what influences each crafting profesion, & you can put your skills and get a budget with the cheapest setup of what it will cost you to reach a crafting lvl

I don't know what healing tool you have, but I used to kill small atrax in rascal armor for fun. And they can sometimes drop items (MF chips, L armor parts, etc). Although about 6 years ago I looted an ML35 and DOA Strikehammer from an Atrax young. Doubt that'll ever happen again, but you can try lol. Check entropedia for spawn information

for question 1 :What'S your budget ?

for question 2:What monsters are you hunting at the moment ?

Gyro is hunting daikiba's east of pa at that special outpost. I've seen him there a few times already hunting those. And I don't blame him for asking for a better mob, these creatures are sour to even look at, not even shot at & loot is less than pleasurable. My advice kill as many as you can for the mission then move on never to return, unless you need to do bronze like me :(. But argonauts should be ok with your breer. But please NOTE that it costs about 1ped to kill an argonaut vs about 10pecs on a shinkiba young and your opalo. 10 times the cost factor, so you'll need 10times the ped balance :cool:. I'll try have a word with you next time I see you Gyro give you some pointers :).

My Hunting Setup:

Guns: Sollomate Opalo T0.9 (Maxed)
Breer M2a (L) T0.2

Armor: Full Rascal Armor (M,L) (won in a soc event, hoozar!)

Healing: Adapted Vivo T5 T1.1

I have been hunting a variety of monsters, On Calypso I have been killing - Shinbaki (mostly), Exosaurs, punys, the monsters on a beach near Fort Argus (silly elephant monsters). I also did a small visit to ROCKtropia and maxed out my opalo on rocktropians and zombies,

With regards to my budget I have been told a good starting ped balance is around 3-400 ped for setup mats bp books and what not, at the moment I am at about 60-70 ped with lots of stuff in my inventory but all i have been doing is hunting and i have been told i have been pretty lucky at that.

I'm affraid that you will have to hunt more of those boring mobs until you max h400/p5a or isis lr32, thats where the fun begins or (ends if you are hunting with this setup for few years). You can always team up with few friends and hunt bigger mobs, rascal is cool armor for impact mobs. But as Mark already said you need bigger bankroll in order to hunt bigger mobs. Later buy some mark.5B plates and you will be almost immortal to low-mid level mobs lol.
I can't give you advices in crafting as I'm trying to avoid it.

My Hunting Setup:

Guns: Sollomate Opalo T0.9 (Maxed)
Breer M2a (L) T0.2

Armor: Full Rascal Armor (M,L) (won in a soc event, hoozar!)

Healing: Adapted Vivo T5 T1.1

I have been hunting a variety of monsters, On Calypso I have been killing - Shinbaki (mostly), Exosaurs, punys, the monsters on a beach near Fort Argus (silly elephant monsters). I also did a small visit to ROCKtropia and maxed out my opalo on rocktropians and zombies,

With regards to my budget I have been told a good starting ped balance is around 3-400 ped for setup mats bp books and what not, at the moment I am at about 60-70 ped with lots of stuff in my inventory but all i have been doing is hunting and i have been told i have been pretty lucky at that.

Your setup is almost screaming for Argo, small corns, berry,daikiba, molisks etc. low to midrange mobs. The idea is to gain skills in a consistant and constant manner, I suggest you not buy bp or materials to craft with. Hunt argo for their iron, and run with small amount of probes and mine for enmatter and ore around the argos. With your small amount of skill increase, you will find lots of lyst and melchi or oil. Save these up and by the Jester D1 bp from Technicians, click with the iron, lyst and melchi you find... maybe you can loot the mannmph bp, this needs lyst oil and cumbriz, which funny enough you can also find around the argo, berry and small corns. This also gives you laser weapon tech skill when making laser guns, you dont get as much skill from crafting as before, but it all defines the direction of your avatar.

If you want to be a serious hunter, i suggest you do tailoring as the secondary profession, almost all of the lower level mobs will drop leather hides, fine hides, soft hides and wool. Molisks are a great mob to hunt too, and they drop teeth which you can use in tailor, or you can stockpile them to sell as refined buttons, markup of 500%! normally. Tailoring as most people know, improves dexterity and agility, and these are complementary to a hunter!

Over a period of time, you find that the complementary skills you gain from each activity will improve your abilities in each profession over time. As long as you can keep within a modest budget, and not get over zealous about the huge hofs on big mobs, crafting and mining... your persistance over time will pay off with a nice skill base, and if you are lucky a nice loot.

Any loots that you do not use yourself, you should try to stockpile and sell at a MU to provide with a small profit margin, profits from these sales you should stockpile over time to purchase a new upgrade, or replace broken parts.

Sigh.. if only I can listen to my own advices.

RicK

I would suggest that to get started in crafting, first you should select an area you would like to concentrate on, for example components or attachments, I would suggest components because the components that you craft can be saved and then used to craft something else (such as attachments, weapons or tools) later on. Once you have selected the area you want to work in you will need a blueprint book for that particular type of crafting, these are obtained from the technician in the trade centers. Next you will need to select a blueprint or maybe two to start with, try and select one that is Level 1 and requires materials that are relatively easy to come by, for example if you hunt a lot of argos, then try and find a print that uses iron as an ingredient, you will loot a lot of it so it should be readily available. Whichever bp you select, before you buy it, take a look at the ingredients and calculate how much it will cost you to do one click of the print. Try to save up enough materials to do long crafting runs of 100+ clicks each time you craft. Also do not expect to be able to start out making usefull items that can be sold for a markup, most of what you will craft as a beginer will be either used by you to craft something else, or else you will simply drop it into the trade terminal in order to replenish your cash supply. If you are able to craft something that has a bit of a markup, be sure and save the item up until you have enough of it to make sales worthwhile and try and sell it outside of the auction in order to avoid the auction fees.
As a noobie crafter, you will have 3 ways to potentially make money from your crafting.
1. The crafted items - whatever you craft has a value. This may only be the tt value (Basic Filters) or it may be a modest markup due to demand for the item (Welding wire). Most entry level crafting items have little or no demand, therefore they have little or no markup and will normally be tt'd at the end of your crafting run.
2. Residue - Crafting generates residue, what kind of residue is dependent on the the type of materials used in the crafting atempt. As a rule Ores generate metal residue, enmatters generate energy residue and animal oils generate animal residue. How much residue is generated can vary greatly depending on what you are crafting. Residue is a major source of revenue for begining crafters as there is always a demand for it from other crafters making higher level or (L) items.
3. Skills - Particularly in the begining, skill gains will be good while you are crafting, these crafting skills cna be sold for a pretty good markup in most cases. I would recommend against doing this however as the potential reward of higher level crafting far outweighs the small ped gains from selling off your low level crafting skills.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started. I also highly recommend reading everything you can find here and in the other forums, and talking to other higher level crafters every chance you get, many are more than happy to provide you with pointers and tips on how to get the most out of your crafting sessions.

Good luck!
Blackjack :cowboy:

I would like to thank everyone for their helpful input, after reading the posts and talking to the more experienced crafter's in my society I feel a lot more comfortable starting out in the world of crafting and I am really exited about manufacturing and buying/selling with others. I will also be reading up on crafting everywhere I can get my grubby mits on! I also did a TP run from treasure island all the way up to new Switzerland, so time for me to hunt those Argonauts! :woot:

Captain Gyro Awesomesauce

Back