Quad-wing weapons and other basic space questions

w d roberts

Provider
Some basic space related questions:

What weapons are recommended for the quad wing in space? Kismet light laser and Fire of hel?

Is there a fuel gauge on qw? Am I just overlooking it? Altimeter (while on planets)?

Is welding wire lootable?

What skills/professions help in space (e.g. aim, evade, dodge, etc)?

Any hints/tips for first flights into space would be appreciated.

Kismet light laser - Pilot controlled
Fire of hel - Passenger Controlled

Welding wire NOT lootable.

Have Fun.

Kismet light laser - Pilot controlled
Fire of hel - Passenger Controlled

Welding wire NOT lootable.

Have Fun.

Bit wrong there. The Fire of Hel is for a VTOL , not a Quad.

The passenger gun for a Quad is the Heavy Porcupine HMAP-52 (L).

The Quad HUD seems pretty basic - but then I run on medium graphic settings, and not sure if that makes any difference. The Item Info window shows the amount of oil tho.

You gain no ingame skills from flying per se. RL spatial orientation skills may be useful - I get an extraordinary number of pm's from people who have got 'lost'.

Regarding orientation, a tip that i found very very useful was to right click on map and make a waypoint to destination. Sounds obvious, but in space it acts like a homing beacon.

What are SUggest Weapons on Quad vs Quad + Quad VS mothership + Quad VS Pathfinder

Quad versus anything = Kismet Light Laser, click here for more information.
and the only other gun to fit it is the Heavy Porcupine (mentioned in an earlier post by Serica) for the passenger's seat.
Good luck, there are so many wannabe Pirates out there, now that Kismet Light Lasers are so cheap (and so are Quad-Wings) - you may well need your defensive skills to avoid being killed and looted.
The good news is, if you carry no or very little loot, it only costs about 0.20 PED of the Trade Terminal value of the Quad- Wing to get shot down, sometimes a bit more. Always carry a repair tool and plenty of welding wire.
Boo.

Also note, in the month since I originally submitted this question (and received the helpful answers above), MA has added the "align horizontal" command. This aligns your spacecraft with the space map making navigation a bit easier.

What's the best way to fly the quad in dogfight? Before mine was armed it seemed holding down both mouse buttons gave good maneuverability, however now it just keeps shooting the kismet, so that's not an option. Is everyone just using the arrow keys or is there a better way?

Me, too!

What's the best way to fly the quad in dogfight? Before mine was armed it seemed holding down both mouse buttons gave good maneuverability, however now it just keeps shooting the kismet, so that's not an option. Is everyone just using the arrow keys or is there a better way?

I could use help with this, too. Any suggestions, anyone?

Use the free trainer.

I could use help with this, too. Any suggestions, anyone?
I have a combat trainer, sorry I forget it's name and don't have time to search large areas. I got it from this forum, I think it's called 'Ace of Space' or something. It's rough around the edges, not perfect, but it's a community member's effort to let you practice free and it does that.

Remap your default key for shooting.

What quad wing\vtol speed depends from ?

Hi friends, can someone describe. what skills\conditions makes quad\vtol of same model catch one another?
I m flying empty of lootables but still interested in question.
Since I switched to a Quad as a timesaver as compare to vtol I still being shot from time to time and it adds some time to a journey.
It raises the question what game mechanic let's pirate vehicle catch it's prey despite the vehicle the same?
In other words how to max the Quad or VTOL speed*.
I see maxed VTOL still no match for Quad but it will save time on long flight anyway.
I have a bunch of armor, weap, tools but I am still not overweight and not sure it would be the case since both vehicle designed to carry two avatars aboard.

Moreover I have no laser attached to my vehicle so it's lighter when one being equipped with one.

Spacecraft Pilot skill description is very vague.

Thanks for any info you could help me with !
:)

Hi friends, can someone describe. what skills\conditions makes quad\vtol of same model catch one another?
I m flying empty of lootables but still interested in question.
Since I switched to a Quad as a timesaver as compare to vtol I still being shot from time to time and it adds some time to a journey.
It raises the question what game mechanic let's pirate vehicle catch it's prey despite the vehicle the same?
In other words how to max the Quad or VTOL speed*.
I see maxed VTOL still no match for Quad but it will save time on long flight anyway.
I have a bunch of armor, weap, tools but I am still not overweight and not sure it would be the case since both vehicle designed to carry two avatars aboard.

Moreover I have no laser attached to my vehicle so it's lighter when one being equipped with one.

Spacecraft Pilot skill description is very vague.

Thanks for any info you could help me with !
:)

Weight has no effect on your speed in a standard Quad or Sleipnir in an equus quad its a different story .
So both you and the person chasing you will be travelling at the same speed , there was a trick that was used a lot in the past but this has now been fixed, so its more likely that your pursuer is triangulating your path to catch you .

Spacecraft pilot skill is your space dodge and is primarily useful to warp pilots to avoid warp mines.

use quad as main vehicle but always carry the slower vtol just for emergencies in case you run out of welding wire, etc. It is slower and is pirate bait but it'll get you somewhere if you are in dire need of it... alternatively just buy 2 quads.

Also if you buy an apartment at Monria you can get on the Moon's guest list and travel free on the weekly flight! :)

Side note about Monria, in case you didn't know there's no 'landing fee' to get on the ground there like there is with regular planets... You just tp down and up to the SS for free there... similarly because of that you have to actually get in to the SS to get your feet on the Moon since there's no way to actually fly in to the atmosphere and pay the landing fee like you have with full fledged planets.

Back