FYI: MindArk's president J-W Timkrans has been let go!

Status
Well the press release about the new ceo has dissapeared from the website.

I can't see why that would happen if johan was still ceo.

So perhaps infact it is very very bad news and Jan is ceo again?

If so, we can forget about the ipo, forget about improvement, forget about expansion and just look forward to many failed partnerships and eu barely surviving by the skin on its teeth like it has for the last 10 years.

Hopefully my assessment of what the press release being deleted means is wrong.

But if Jan got his job back, it is a very very dark day for entropia.

Maybe we can bury Entropia next to PE.

May they RIP.

I suppose the other thing it could mean is something that happened in the meeting means that press release was no longer factually correct, like jan no longer being on the board. So it was taken down to be replaced?

Or am I being too hopefull and optimistic here?

Well the press release about the new ceo has dissapeared from the website.

I can't see why that would happen if johan was still ceo.

So perhaps infact it is very very bad news and Jan is ceo again?

If so, we can forget about the ipo, forget about improvement, forget about expansion and just look forward to many failed partnerships and eu barely surviving by the skin on its teeth like it has for the last 10 years.

Hopefully my assessment of what the press release being deleted means is wrong.

But if Jan got his job back, it is a very very dark day for entropia.

Upon reflection, it does not matter if Jan control the company or his son, it will be the same as before.
We need new blood who can see it with new eyes, not a relative.

It did not go well with the sale to the room on the side in the same building and it will not change with a new manager who is a close relative.

Last edited:
Upon reflection, it does not matter if Jan control the company or his son, it will be the same as before.
We need new blood who can see it with new eyes, not a relative.

It did not go well with the sale to the room on the side in the same building and it will not change with a new manager who is a close relative.

The person that was going to replace him isn't his son, johan aanderson or so, completely unrelated specalising in dealing with management issues.

I think overall you are assigning too much significance to "new CEO", and especially any promises about future activities a company is to undertake under the new CEO.

I think overall you are assigning too much significance to "new CEO", and especially any promises about future activities a company is to undertake under the new CEO.

Too much significance? but thats what the whole thread is about, shareholders trying to get rid of jan and replace him with a new ceo isnt it? :scratch2:

In my honest opinion eu's only chance is to get rid of the old management and replace with a new for a fresh start, to date i havent seen anything at all to sugguest that the old management has what it takes to make the changes needed.

I am as always, open to be proven wrong.

Well Kim hasn't posted on EF for a few days maybe it didn't go well and he quit this time as well.

Too much significance? but thats what the whole thread is about, shareholders trying to get rid of jan and replace him with a new ceo isnt it? :scratch2:

Yes. This does not invalidate my point. We don't know over what the fighting actually is, or why exactly a part of the shareholders want him replaced. We are blind men describing an elephant fight from afar, no touching allowed.

In my honest opinion eu's only chance is to get rid of the old management and replace with a new for a fresh start, to date i havent seen anything at all to sugguest that the old management has what it takes to make the changes needed.

I am as always, open to be proven wrong.

I don't think there is anything as such wrong with the manegement, it all could have gone much worse very easily regardless of what the mengement did. To me the key is continued improvement of the platform and planet partners that can bring in credible amounts of new players.

Well Kim hasn't posted on EF for a few days maybe it didn't go well and he quit this time as well.

Which, you know, would royally suck. What do you imagine would happen with the not-yet-finished Calypso content release that was supposed to come out on October 18 ?

Which, you know, would royally suck. What do you imagine would happen with the not-yet-finished Calypso content release that was supposed to come out on October 18 ?

On the flip side of the coin.. I have no ill will towards Kim (or even Jan) but I found/find it very odd that they would keep on the ousted CEO's outspoken, and self admittedly bitter, son as the face of the company to the endusers.

On the flip side of the coin.. I have no ill will towards Kim (or even Jan) but I found/find it very odd that they would keep on the ousted CEO's outspoken, and self admittedly bitter, son as the face of the company to the endusers.

Fair point indeed.

Kims last post on EF was on

09-21-2011, 00:32 (GMT+02:00)

Thats only ~2 days ago, not unusual for him.

Well, from what i understood Jan is still member of the board and a significant shareholder, it's not like he's gone or something - he's just no longer CEO.

As far as Kim is concerned, he stated this on EF just recently:

Kim|MindArk said:
What transpired over the last week or so is still very difficult for me to handle and I did consider resigning on the spot.

Ultimately I decided that the best course of action would be to resume my duties on Calypso for now, I took on this task with the goal to make Entropia and Calypso a better game and I won't leave willingly until thats done.

Taken from here.

"The shareholders of MindArk PE AB dismissed the entire board and replaced it with a new one chaired by Jan Welter Timkrans."

this is what kim just posted at ef

Its not looking good :(

I would disagree. This way Kim stays and continues doing what he did, ie more communication with the player base, feedback and quick responses, while the outcome of the soon to come update will be credited to those that worked for it, not the new CEO that came in a few days before the release.

Since the board is required by swedish law to be known it shouldnt be hard. Looking forward to next pressrelease.

Jan is chairman, and that is bad, also note that it was the shareholders who didnt want him to be chairman. And they only got that because the second set of shares he represented for some bank company other than his own wasnt allowed to take part in the vote.

Which untill proven otherwise means the same guy is in charge and nothing will change.

I have seen nothing at all to show to me that jan has what it takes to do what is needed. Simple as.

Since the board is required by swedish law to be known it shouldnt be hard. Looking forward to next pressrelease.

Do you know where this list of the board members can be located? :)

I have no facts on who has done what at MA last years, so I will not do any bad talk
about anyone there, per individual.
But MA as company, has not impressed me about how things has been developed,
runned and handled.
This post is about what I feel and think about EU and MA, I'm not saying this as
facts, other than those parts that obviously are facts. Non has to agree with it.

Too often, it feels as they take shortcuts to generate income, shortcuts that has
done more damage than good.
A lot of those I knew ingame, had no problems to do depos, they for sure could
afford it, way more than I can depo when I do depos.
They left due to they got bored of how EU(PE) were developed, MAs lack of
communication to community (with info that were useful and interesting),
no logic in loot (even thou' they often just played for fun) and so on and so on...
If we had understud EU(PE) better, some of these had probably been playing now.

To be fair to MA, a lot of the problems people have with loot, gameplay and so on,
are the lack of understanding and knowledge of how system works.
But a lot of people, me included, did play or do play to have fun, we don't want
a second job, where we have to play in a way that makes EU less fun.

This is one of the main issues with EU imo.

People who only wants to use the gamefeatures for fun, quite often get a
worse ROI, and finally leave. Those who think EU is all about finding out how
system works, and think that is fun, too often complain at those with less
interest of the system.
The thing is that, if EU only have the category with users that gonna spend
a minimum on depos, who only have goal to break even or profit, who
see depos as investments and not as something that can be used on
entertainment... with only that category of players around, EU will die.

I changed my type of gameplay this summer, skills were prio1 earlier,
now it has less importance, other than for HP and Evader.
Making money, or should say lose less, since that is more realistic for
me, is one of the ways now. I stoped doing depos, due to RL-prios, but
can consider doing them again, after I saw some info around EU. ;)
Funfactor is the most importent prio for me now.

So, how to make it more fair for those who only want to have fun?
Imo, it's almost impossible to find a solution that gonna make most
categories of players happy, but on the other hand, isn't that something
that needs to have a quite high prio, for the CEO and staff?
Find a good solution on that one, and EU will grow again, imo. ;)

Do you know where this list of the board members can be located? :)

Well either with one of those private info gathering sites or just calling the swedish IRS (http://www.skatteverket.se)
But MA has some time before they must report it so earliest monday I guess.

EDIT: Oh wait, looks like here is quite current info
http://www.ratsit.se/5566404769

It doesnt look like they have all the boardmembers there though, but it shows JW to be chairman. Could Kim have become a boardmember now?

Last edited:
Well either with one of those private info gathering sites or just calling the swedish IRS (http://www.skatteverket.se)
But MA has some time before they must report it so earliest monday I guess.

EDIT: Oh wait, looks like here is quite current info
http://www.ratsit.se/5566404769

It doesnt look like they have all the boardmembers there though, but it shows JW to be chairman. Could Kim have become a boardmember now?

So John is still the CEO and Now Jan is the chairman..

Activity / Purpose
The Company shall, directly or through subsidiaries and providing a virtual Internet-based platform for entertainment and economic activities for a global user base, owning and managing property and assets and through subsidiaries conduct banking or financing business, also engage in other related business.

Swedish Standard Industrial Classification SIC
58290 - Other software publishing

Functions / positions
External CEO Andinsson, John Ake, 39
Board: Sandberg, Sven Birger, 56 years, Board
Welter Timkrans, Jan Eric Haldo, 54 years, Board
, Board
Welter Timkrans, Jan Eric Haldo, 54 years, Chairman
Signatories: The firm signed by the board The company signed two of the union of the members also have the CEO right to subscribe to the company regarding current management measures
Auditor: Gote Felt, Nils Magnus, 47, Auditor

Closing Items 2010 2009 2008
Closing Duration: 12 12 12
Sales: 41 791 51 364 67 879
Profit after depreciation: -24 866 -980 11 296
Profit after financial items: -25 592 -3 051 12 687
Net profit: -11 704 -1 651 7 345
Total current assets: 18,921 24,151 42,286
S: a plant: 46 943 52 851 36 030
Total current liabilities 16,575 10,372 10,213
Total long-term liabilities: 0 0 0
Share capital: 1 146 1 146 1 148
Total shareholders' equity: 49,290 54,912 55,373
Untaxed Reserves: 0 11 717 12 731
Total assets: 65 865 77 002 78 316
Number of employees: 36 32 46

Key figures 2010 2009 2008
Quick ratio (%): 110.8 232.8 414.0
Equity ratio (%): 74.8 82.3 82.4
Profit margin after financial items (%) -61.2 -5.9 18.7
Wages per employee per year: 467.9 507.8 396.9

Amounts are stated in thousand

Publisher

Used google translate ;)

This way Kim stays and continues doing what he did, ie more communication with the player base

who? oh yeah, some guy who doesnt post on the largest and nearest to official MA forum. if you think Kim posting over on EF is a sign of good customer communication, then that tells a very poor tale of how easily the player base have become accepting of poor service.

Reactions: Mac
If wizzszz is correct on the ef thread, this just means jan is ceo and chairman again and were back to as it has been for the last 10 years, and therefore, back where we started, no change at all.

If wizzszz is correct on the ef thread, this just means jan is ceo and chairman again and were back to as it has been for the last 10 years, and therefore, back where we started, no change at all.

Nope check a couple of posts up ;)

Jan is the new Chairman but John is still the CEO.. :)

Nope check a couple of posts up ;)

Jan is the new Chairman but John is still the CEO.. :)

Kim didnt confirm of deny it, just said that he isnt allowed to say anymore, therefore we can only speculate.

Kim didnt confirm of deny it, just said that he isnt allowed to say anymore, therefore we can only speculate.

lol true.. but it does seem to be this way according to the site.. :cool:

Who knows.. it could get very interesting in a few days!! ;)

Swedish "Bolagsverket" got a application to change the MA board members and signatory of the firm today. But someone did not sign and sent in the correct papers, so they will need to correct it before the change will be official. They need to patch the application with an update....:laugh:

https://sokarende.bolagsverket.se/mia/visasoktarende.seam?id=363182&artal=2011&cid=15745

From bolagsverket:
"Ärendeinformation

Företag
Organisationsnummer:556640-4769Företagsnamn:MindArk PE Aktiebolag (publ)Företagsform:Aktiebolag

Ärende
Ärendenummer:363182/11Ankom Bolagsverket:2011-09-23 08:00 Avgift:900 sek Inbetald avgift:0 sek Rubricering:

Ändring av företrädare/firmateckning

Ärendets status:Handläggning startad

Meddelanden

-

Nr 1 2011-09-23

Kod 003
Skicka in en ny anmälan. Den ska vara i original och undertecknad
av en styrelseledamot eller av verkställande direktören.

Kod 997
Se "Anmärkningar/övriga upplysningar" nedan.

Kod 998
Meddelandet skickat med e-post.

Övriga upplysningar:

Kod 003
Skicka in anmälan i original.

Senaste svarsdag: 2011-10-14
Ombud:GUNILLA KROGHOmbuds adress:MINDARK PE AB
JÄRNTORGET 8
413 04 GÖTEBORG
!

EDIT: or, it does not say board members, it could be board members and/or CEO.

Last edited:
Hm, so if he is ceo, then we still dont know if its good or bad, or if jan, as chairman will eventually just boot him and get his place back or something.

Back where we was a hour ago? :laugh:

Hm, so if he is ceo, then we still dont know if its good or bad, or if jan, as chairman will eventually just boot him and get his place back or something.

Back where we was a hour ago? :laugh:

Now it's just a waiting game.... I guess time will tell if this was the right move or my Bear just lost some more MU!! ;)

But I like to think that this is what was needed to move forward.. Who knows, we could all be getting ATH's very soon!! :laugh:

lol made myself laugh there!! :beerchug:

Status
Back