FYI: MindArk's president J-W Timkrans has been let go!

Status
There are different types of Entropia Universe Accounts that employees at MindArk, Planet Partners and other affiliates can have. These accounts are strictly monitored by MindArk and several rules apply to them. Most importantly, they must all abide to the EULA and ToU and they must not be used for personal economical gain.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Bridge-SilverFox-Investor-In-Carramone-Armor

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Outlet-shop!&p=2788077&viewfull=1#post2788077 If Silverfox is holding the Carramone Armor, which is one of the more rare sets in game, other players that not... same sort of thing with his mall shop... just another estate another participant cannot own. Just one small example of why shareholders having avatars may not be the best idea... How in the heck does the average Joe off of the street compete vs that sort of thing where he's probably acquired that stuff through back room deals, etc.... Also was the peds used to buy that stuff from his own deposits, the shareholders earnings or some other source?!? Where's the proof? How did he acquire every asset? If any of it was through events, etc., how is there 'proof' the events were not rigged to give the investor a little bit of an advantage, or in the case of something like with the armor, a major advantage?!?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...MindArk-Controlled-Entropia-Universe-Accounts

If an investor is not an affiliate, what are they?

Owning a part of of a company 'affiliates' you with that company.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/affiliate
1af·fil·i·ate verb \ə-ˈfi-lē-ˌāt\
af·fil·i·at·edaf·fil·i·at·ing

Definition of AFFILIATE
transitive verb
1a : to bring or receive into close connection as a member or branch b : to associate as a member <affiliates herself with the local club>
2: to trace the origin of
intransitive verb
: to connect or associate oneself : combine
— af·fil·i·a·tion \-ˌfi-lē-ˈā-shən\ noun
See affiliate defined for English-language learners »
See affiliate defined for kids »
Examples of AFFILIATE
Their group does not affiliate itself with any political party.
Origin of AFFILIATE
Medieval Latin affiliatus, past participle of affiliare to adopt as a son, from Latin ad- + filius son — more at feminine
First Known Use: 1761

Last edited:

Perhaps you should ask that question in ask ma where you acctually have a chance of getting an answer?

Rather than posting here where you definately dont have any chance of getting any answer whatsoever....

Well as i see it, is that latest buzz was brought on by thange of ceo, so i guess the logical thing to do is to play ball and post questions that buzz brough on in a fresh thread or so i guess...

:dunno:

Reading up on Mats Jäderberg makes me wonder...

Is Bridge still involved in MA?

Yep.

http://www.bridgeltd.com/App.fe/site/Portfolio

And according to linkedin.. Fred Rosenthal..

Current

* Chairman of the Board at MindArk PE AB
* Chairman of the Board at Linq Capital Sweden AB
* Senior Advisor at Bridge Group International Ltd.

Pretty standard for investment companies to place people on the board of the companies they invest in.

Yep.

http://www.bridgeltd.com/App.fe/site/Portfolio

And according to linkedin.. Fred Rosenthal..

Current

* Chairman of the Board at MindArk PE AB
* Chairman of the Board at Linq Capital Sweden AB
* Senior Advisor at Bridge Group International Ltd.

Pretty standard for investment companies to place people on the board of the companies they invest in.

If Bridge group will be in any way connected to the new release of stocks next year I can kinda already say bye bye MA.

If Bridge group will be in any way connected to the new release of stocks next year I can kinda already say bye bye MA.

It's Friday, my minds not firing on all cylinders, I like the way you think, please expound on this thought if you don't mind.

First Marco, now JT.

I dunno, just seems like bad news to me. :(

It's Friday, my minds not firing on all cylinders, I like the way you think, please expound on this thought if you don't mind.

The reason why alot of MA´s plans failed was because they failed getting all the capital they needed a couple of years ago. Mindbank is the best example that we know of. MA used Bridge group that time to sell stocks and get money. Bridge group is company which is borderline criminal. Fair enough MA didnt know that at the time. Not only did MA get shafted they also liased themself unwillingly (imo) with Brigde group who bought alot of stocks in MA.

Now lets look ahead. If Brigde is in controll of the new stocks we will probably fail getting the money needed, a SECOND time. Worst case scenario aint WJ running MA its Bridge group running MA. Bridge group is suspected for moneylaundring, scamming their own members in their group, fake offices abroad and so on. With borderline I mean its just a question of time before they are called to court. Would you have any trust in a company run by those guys? EU is shady enough as it is.

This is what we might have in less then 2 years. Ofc this might have been their longtime plan to "steal" MA from WJ and after they are done we will finally see some profit from MA, but I doubt it. I belive they would suck us dry, close the shop and leave all the players hanging / investors in MA stock.

The latest board meeting also showed that if MA runs out of money they can issue new stocks to keep afloat without going trough the regular channels. Who do you think will pick up those stocks? Either it will be WJ to get back in control or Bridge will own him.

I wont expound any more. If you know something contradictory to what I wrote, pls share.

Last edited:
Is the prominent player with the word "Bridge" in his/her name linked to the Bridge group perhaps ? *Just speculating*

mastermesh said:

Some investors are surely affiliated with MA. Some wouldn't be considered an affiliate. Warren Buffet is affiliated with Berkshire-Hathaway. I own four shares of Berkshire-Hathaway (class B) stock... worth about $280 total. (I wanted to see the share-holder show.:cool:) BRK is worth ~$170B. No one in their right mind would say I am affiliated with it or any of subsidiary the companies I own a (1/1,000,000,000) portion of.

There's a common test... If someone owns, or controls, 20% or more of the voting stock, they have 'significant influence'. Is that what you're looking for?

The reason why alot of MA´s plans failed was because they failed getting all the capital they needed a couple of years ago. Mindbank is the best example that we know of. MA used Bridge group that time to sell stocks and get money. Bridge group is company which is borderline criminal. Fair enough MA didnt know that at the time. Not only did MA get shafted they also liased themself unwillingly (imo) with Brigde group who bought alot of stocks in MA.

Now lets look ahead. If Brigde is in controll of the new stocks we will probably fail getting the money needed, a SECOND time. Worst case scenario aint WJ running MA its Bridge group running MA. Bridge group is suspected for moneylaundring, scamming their own members in their group, fake offices abroad and so on. With borderline I mean its just a question of time before they are called to court. Would you have any trust in a company run by those guys? EU is shady enough as it is.

This is what we might have in less then 2 years. Ofc this might have been their longtime plan to "steal" MA from WJ and after they are done we will finally see some profit from MA, but I doubt it. I belive they would suck us dry, close the shop and leave all the players hanging / investors in MA stock.

The latest board meeting also showed that if MA runs out of money they can issue new stocks to keep afloat without going trough the regular channels. Who do you think will pick up those stocks? Either it will be WJ to get back in control or Bridge will own him.

I wont expound any more. If you know something contradictory to what I wrote, pls share.

I have heard Bridge made it clear they wanted to sell their MA shares. So this IPO could be a good thing with bridge selling their shares and out of the way.

Google translate gave me this:

Johan Andinsson takes over as new CEO of MindArk PE AB
Johan Andinsson takes 1 September 2011 the position of President of the
MindArk PE AB.
John joins us from Valentine & Byhr Advertising Agency AB, where he was executive
Officer conducted a comprehensive restructuring of the business with very positive
results. John has extensive experience in communications, PR and Design where he held
various management positions in areas such as Form Tech Inc., Cliff Design AB Design
Communication AB.
John born in 1972.
Johan Andinsson succeeds MindArk `s founder and majority owner, Jan Welter Timkrans, which
remain in the company's board.
Jan Welter Timkrans During his term as President established the company as
one of the leading companies in the so-called MMOG industry, Massive Multiplayer Online
Games with the company's technical platform Entropia platform and the virtual world Entropia
Universe as a base for the development of different game concepts.
"We now see a new phase in its development where the first two periods in the form of establishment
and development of product concepts and technology platforms has created the foundation for growth with
profitability. In the coming period, the company will focus on the development of its
partnership strategy in which independent players in the market independently operates and develops its own
game concept and where MindArk offers the infrastructure in the form of Entropia and Platform
Entropia Universe.
In hiring John Andinsson, the company is now the skills necessary
for the consolidation of operations with the objective to create growth and sustainable profitability. It
overall mission of John is to prepare the company for the planned
IPO in late 2012 and take all necessary measures to ensure
quality in processes and partner relationships, "said Fred Rosenthal, chairman of the board.
For information contact the Chairman, Fred Rosenthal, e-mail:
fred.rosenthal @ telia.com or telephone: +46 705 285346

It's 14 September now and the new manager has not yet presented itself for its customers.

I predict that eventually this game will be sold to some other company. The new guy seems to have a past of selling companies.. he rarely stays somewhere more than a year or so...until they are sold?.

Last edited:
fyi i posted all this and more months ago... along with MA's comments of stonewall'ing me

Reactions: Mac
It's 14 September now and the new manager has not yet presented itself for its customers.

right now he's getting a feel for the company and trying to get to grips with it's current state, financially and in development. I can understand why he's not come forward to talk to the players , he'll just get bombarded with questions about things he doesn't know anything about. No one in his position walks into a situation like that competely unprepared.

A post on the MA website to introduce himself would be a good start though.

Last edited:
Wait.

US authorities operating by watching painted pictures?
Do you really thinks, that US authorities controls everything, everyone and everywhere?
You know, that EU have nothing common with gambling?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Really now???

I predict that eventually this game will be sold to some other company. The new guy seems to have a past of selling companies.. he rarely stays somewhere more than a year or so...until they are sold?.

No more MA? *insert Hallelujah chorus here*

I hope you're right.

Ahh the age of item mall commeth to EU.

Welcome all you credit card warriors!!

Shit wait you are already here!!!

Life goes on it seems.

The extra board meeting should be this afternoon.

Unfortunately I’m unable to participate, but if anyone else is going, I’m hoping they will take the time to keep the rest of us informed, should anything interesting happen.

Personally I’m expecting the good Mr. Andinsson to be back on the job market tomorrow…

Unfortunately I’m unable to participate, but if anyone else is going, I’m hoping they will take the time to keep the rest of us informed, should anything interesting happen.

Personally I’m expecting the good Mr. Andinsson to be back on the job market tomorrow…

so, and who are you? :scratch2:

Well?

Who took the land grab?

It occurs to me that if Jan takes the company back, this may really piss off the investors that backed his removal.

Interesting times ahead, I fear.

If you guys at MA are reading this, don't forget about the customers during your squabble, 'mkay?

Well Bomo?

Well..What happened? and is that why the teleporters were returned?..:scratch2: Anyone know?

Well..What happened? and is that why the teleporters were returned?..:scratch2: Anyone know?

The tp's came back because they realised they couldn't afford to lose the ped being spent on foma and cp from players willing to boycott pvp space and it would send the message to prospective investors that MA are willing to sell LA's for huge sums of cash and then wipe out it's value with one update.

I don't know anything, thats why I'm asking for information.

Rumor says that something did happen. but for now it seems the only comment is : No comment

Guessing it's not all "great" news....MA seem to follow the same rule as politics.

"good news" gets released early in the week as possible so it makes the news all week and gets talked about and seen and noticed.
"bad news" wait's until a Friday afternoon, so it doesn't get as much attention. and hopefully by Monday people move on to other stuff. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
Well the press release about the new ceo has dissapeared from the website.

I can't see why that would happen if johan was still ceo.

So perhaps infact it is very very bad news and Jan is ceo again?

If so, we can forget about the ipo, forget about improvement, forget about expansion and just look forward to many failed partnerships and eu barely surviving by the skin on its teeth like it has for the last 10 years.

Hopefully my assessment of what the press release being deleted means is wrong.

But if Jan got his job back, it is a very very dark day for entropia.

Last edited:
Status
Back