Question: Have you ever damaged your vehicle to get repair skill?

have you ever damaged your vehicle to get repair skills

• Yes, I have

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • No, I never have

Votes: 75 64.1%

• Total voters

dandy

Old Alpha
Society
Supremacy Reign
Lucifer dandy Leon
As the title says,

I have...

I repair my vehicle to get repair skills

I damage my vehicle to watch it explode! Or it could be I am a bad driver. I choose to believe the first :D

Yup..

Wanna max the rk-20 I do.

No, since I really do no care that much about vehicle repair skills :coffee:

Oh, and because it is considered an exploit and I would really feel down if I got banned :rolleyes:

I have had much damage inflicted on many vehicles, but always for the entertainment value or due to gameplay situations. However, I have never received more than incidental collision damage. The repair skills, like all skills, are just a by product of playing.

I think an important distinction should be made between collision damage (bugged or not) which does not do TT damage, and mob/pvp damage which does.

:beerchug:

Miles

it is considered an exploit and I would really feel down if I got banned :rolleyes:

I would like to know where you saw someone official say 'blowing up your car for entertainment and/or skills is an exploit.' ?

For fun sometimes, I create massive mob trains, I drive off cliffs, into forests and blindly bash my way through trees until my car is black, blue and on fire.

Where does it say in the rules that I can't do this ? :scratch2::confused:

I do it for both entertainment and the skills, to be quite honest.

I don't do it with a bot or computer program and there have been MINIMAL green dots harmed in the process .. so if after all that said, this is considered an exploit ... I'm gonna be in trouble, but they can kiss my ass.

Last edited:
For me its not an exploit, but I dont do it as I just dont see the need to pay decay on repair tool for a useless skill.

However, I officially admit here that I regularly hunt mid-naked in order to skill Medic. :wise:

if we're gonna discuss the fine print then in what way is vtol not meant for escaping surtin death and aiding you to kill a beast?

in all honesty it's practicly made for it

anyway MA gets decay and you skill it's not an exploit

easiest way to check if it is, is to ask yourself

"does this help me?"
/Yes/No?
"does this gain MA?"
/Yes/No

if you answered yes and then no, it's an exploit.. in that case it is best to keep pouring more money into MA's pocket to say you are sorry.. or atleast enough that you have lost a few K$

:beerchug:

just play like me and you dont need to dmg it yourself lol

go to pvp4 and it will get dmg alot .... or at the rig

I would like to know where you saw someone official say 'blowing up your car for entertainment and/or skills is an exploit.' ?

For fun sometimes, I create massive mob trains, I drive off cliffs, into forests and blindly bash my way through trees until my car is black, blue and on fire.

I don't do it with a bot or computer program and there have been MINIMAL green dots harmed in the process .. so if after all that said, this is considered an exploit ... I'm gonna be in trouble, but they can kiss my ass.

:thumbup: You go girl!! :cheer:

no ....never.

Dont forgott - i am a woman, i dont need "EXTRA-dmg" :lolup:

I am really sure: if i would drive RL so bad as ingame, my husband never seat in the same car :D

Thanks, now I have a better understanding of the female driving habits in my area :laugh:

they can kiss my ass.

Sharing some pics of the ass indicated here would help us understand the size, scope, and scale of the punishment your proposing :)

lol Mac .. no way, no how.

Not because I'm stubborn .. but it's impossible to capture this giant thing within the scope of any camera on this planet ! :eyecrazy:

It's punishment of mass destruction .. for sure !

lol Mac .. no way, no how.

Not because I'm stubborn .. but it's impossible to capture this giant thing within the scope of any camera on this planet ! :eyecrazy:

It's punishment of mass destruction .. for sure !

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you shitting me... Does every thread on this forum has to become a "PROOF THAT IT'S A EXPLOIT!!" thread?

ill just move on to the next thread..

Are you shitting me... Does every thread on this forum has to become a "PROOF THAT IT'S A EXPLOIT!!" thread?

ill just move on to the next thread..

Sorry, I was not saying that kissing her ass was an exploit, although I'm sure someone would try to exploit it, I was just trying to get an idea what kind of punishment it was going to be for someone to have to kiss it.

We were talking about this in soc talk last night... conclusion ... its as much an exploit as ping pong / revive killing ... etc

I do it for sure

For all the non-depositing forum trolling whiners out there who will complain and file support cases :nutkick:

Reactions: Mac
I would think that since we now have to use wire feed to repair that it is no longer an exploit to damage then repair vehicle.

MA was mostly worried about the value of the skills you gain vs cost players were incurring to get those skills.

Not sure how well balanced it is now but I am pretty sure MA made it so the skills you get are worth less then the cost now to repair.

It would be interesting to scan the folks that voted "no" and compare them with the folks that voted "yes".

I suspect it would prove dishonesty with a large percentage of the "no" voters.

It would be interesting to scan the folks that voted "no" and compare them with the folks that voted "yes".

Or it could just prove that they repair on the Mothership Normandie on a daily basis.....

Menace

I like to add that % of dishonesty will be small.

But people have to have courageous and guts to vote Yes.

Many people that can vote Yes and not vote at all.

I'd agree with Dandy, most respondee's in votes tend to be honest.
I voted No, although I loaned a vehicle once that on checking appeared to have been given a right old thrashing:(

voted yes, but might have misread the question.

I did get repair skills after deliberately damaging my vehicle. But the deliberate damaging was done to make the vehicle explode. Was driving inside some place somewhere and wanted to leave a burning wreck. Also as mentioned before driving on impossible roads etc etc. And when repairing, of course, I got the repair skills.

But to deliberately damage your vehicle only to get repair skills sounds a bit lame to me. At least try to get some fun out of damaging it! Otherwise I see it as just another waste of peds.

:tongue2:

I haven't done it so far BUT that is not to say that I won't do it some time. I don't think its an exploit or moraly wrong so if I need to up my total skills at some point I may.

mhm its bug or exploit but alot people do it and tray it but they dont know

:scratch2: becose who know this is exploit or bug i think first time this is normal plant but later we see this is bug ,exploit.

and way we dont get informacion dont do it becose this is exploit or bug ? :scratch2:

The exploit is if you use the "get car stuck in a plant so it blows up and then repair, then repeat xx times" thingy to gain skills. This is not an intended use of vehicles and therefore an exploit. Ask support, or look in this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ate-my-car!!&p=2706449&viewfull=1#post2706449

A socmate (and I believe quite a number of other people) got an email from a planet partner threatening a ban if they continued to use the blow-up-vehicle-on-plant-and-repair exploit.

Official enough for me.

This isn't really the vehicle exploit. Mobs decay your vehicle, and the other stuff is fairly slow. The exploit is the one where you very quickly blow up your car on a certain plant, repair, and repeat for lots of skills.

Massive mobs trains could go under harrassment and interfering with other player's enjoyment in the EULA, but again I think that would be more if you were deliberately trying to annoy people, or a specific person. Which doesn't sound the case.

So I think you're OK ;)

I go out of my way to not damage my vehicle.

Before the welding wire nerf I was much less carefull and destroyed it a few times by accident, by driving it through a bot area and having gen 5 warriors spawn around me or by jumping off cliffs at high speed (you have to do it atleast once) or by trying to use the roof of the Wirecard bank in Atlas Haven as a ramp.

Since the nerf I've put maybe 5-6 points of damage on it to reduce my need on welding wire.

Back