Why does this forum exist?

It exsists because the new format for forums, is one per planet, and a neutral forum for platform related matters.

Simple and to the point.

I dont want to be reading arkadia related threads, while im looking for calypso related threads for example. I only visit the forums for the planets i use, filtering out the clutter that is no use to me, and i keep up to date with dev posts on ef because im intrested in the development of the platform.

EU is no longer a game, its a platform, each planet is like a game, but blured into a universe interlinked with a real cash economy. Get used to it.

Well if everyone wants a Planet Calypso Forum then 711 needs to just put the data all back to EF and leave PFC with a nice clean blank slate to form their forum with. Everyone is happy and problem solved.

Tricky part is deciding what to do with all the accounts and posts that have been made on EF since PCF was created.

Tricky part is deciding what to do with all the accounts and posts that have been made on EF since PCF was created.

Erase it. It will not lose important things from the new EF.. hehe... Kim can say about the new mobs with an account here...lol...

Seriously, it can joint both, and do match with name of avatar and/or email from the accounts. ;)

(and is possible, also, join together the other planets forums using the same strategy... BUT WE WANT A STRONG DATA BASE... and not only forums with only 4 posts..!!)

And while they can not do that, I will continue on this forum, because I live in Calypso and here is its history, my history.

Last edited:
The situation needs to be rationalised. New players must do a lot of legwork and guesswork to get orientated.

No one would have created this system of forums from scratch - it is purely the result of historical accident and corporate politics.

It is messy and incoherent and needs reform. As a new player it has taken me six months to achieve some competence in finding information.

For each one like me there must be ten others who just give up.

I have just had a complete thread, with various replies, deleted from the 711 run forum EF... Is THAT really the kind of forum we want to be associated with?

What happened to free speech? What happened to no censorship?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the interesting answers. Why does people answer and react on the thread title and not the text in the thread starting post? The question is not why it exist, it's more of why isn't it used as a Calypso forum. Why does even MA post Calypso related stuff on another forum, why is it so damn hard to find relevant posts? I fully understand the "One Planet, One Forum" idea, but when that doesn't work, how can we make it work?
Why is this forum 80% sales threads and no interesting discussions. I remember when I found EF 4 years ago, how I returned and found lots of interesting stuff. Yes, EF was almost dead before FPC bought the database so what they got wasn't the same thing as 4 years ago. But anyway, even after a new VU, here we only find 3-4 threads regarding that, this was not how it used to be.

remove this post lol dunno what happened

Last edited:
there's only one solution

The question is not why it exist, it's more of why isn't it used as a Calypso forum.

Because it came with years of threads from EF that were platform related, not Calypso specific.

I fully understand the "One Planet, One Forum" idea, but when that doesn't work, how can we make it work?

One platform, one forum. Ten planets, ten subforums. Job done.

Perhaps the planet partners dont want to share one forum? since they are competitors... ;)

to prove oneself greater then the other in the enemy territory that is how all great battles are won even PR ones

Well, database contained in THIS forum and not in others, is more usefull for me, than the "little s_h_i_t" from the others forums... People is here, because is the best!. Because, We constructed this content, through many years of playing. Because, here is our posts...old and new... our historical movies and pictures... And, the opinion of the OP, is only his opinion. In this forum exists threads about selling and buying, because here is the people. However 80%? He is really wrong! But, besides, exists thousands of posts from differents kind. In the other forum? There is nothing. The thread of Kim and Bertha? LOL. That is not so usefull..: "I am designing a new mob, guys... I am drinking my coffe, guys... I stayed in the grandma house and for that reason, I dont know what happened with the game today, guys...I can not say anything about that, guys; because I'm not authorized by Mindark... etc..." LOL

Is a valid reason to affirm that this data base must not to exist? NO!!!

Last edited:
First people complain that mindark never communicate, then when they start communicating people want that content deleted? :scratch2:

First people complain that mindark never communicate, then when they start communicating people want that content deleted? :scratch2:

Mindark wants communicate to Us? And, why is the reason because its only thread, is inside a lonly and empty forum? Moreover... why is the reason of this thread ("Why does this forum exist?")? Can you explain me, please?

(You know, here I intuit personal problems. One day a man owner of a free forum, where the community built a database, decided to sell it to FPC. (He forgot, that database was from the entire community and not only from him)... FPC then sold to SDS .. SDS then broke, and left. Mindark recovers Calypso. But not bought the database of the main forum. The man who sold the database, are now elsewhere and Mindark supports him with Kim´s Thread. However, Mindark is not owner of this database and does not want to buy it apparently, so now, they send (¿?) people to tell us, that this database does not work and is better forget everything, and we go to there ....

That is what it seems ... what do you think now?)

Last edited:
I do assume, that this forum has no owner atm and MA is not able to get it due to legal reasons. Hence, this is the only forum where we can say what we do think.

I could be wrong but I think 711 still owns this forum. Or no-one owns it but it's still running on 711's servers.

And MA never seemed to want a forum. Ultimately that is what has landed us in this mess.

I guess this is true
no-one owns it but it's still running on 711's servers
and therefore 711 owns it.

The main page gets an update post every 2 months, therefore my conclusion, that there is no real owner.
Furthermore, I do assume that MA had the need to communicate and opened a chat channel on EF.

If it is true that only a small fraction of players are reading forums, then we do have only a minor problem, but I doubt on this. Nevertheless, it seems as there is quite some fraction of player being active in forums but not ingame. May I ask if the forum situation reflects the platform?

Why does people answer and react on the thread title and not the text in the thread starting post?

Because the title is the first thing one reads. The rest is deco.

What I really wounder is; Why can't I as a Calypso resident rely on this forum for all information needed?

I would like to get EBN related information on first page. Forum is for information, this is just sales and by threads and once and then a loot theory.

This forum has a history (content since 2005) incomparable to any other EU related forum out there.

Does sir OP think all that should be wiped out for good?

Yes yes; semantics. Does FPC own content from the times when Entropia Universe was the Planet Calypso?

What I really wounder is; Why can't I as a Calypso resident rely on this forum for all information needed?

Because this is the forum the playerbase has chosen to use. MA chose differently.

I would like to get EBN related information on first page.

I hear you, although I'd actually just like to get it all in-game.

Because this is the forum the playerbase has chosen to use. MA chose differently.

I hear you, although I'd actually just like to get it all in-game.

I'll second that. EBN announcements should be in the client loader for calypso, or/and in info screens in the Service Centers.

I'll second that. EBN announcements should be in the client loader for calypso, or/and in info screens in the Service Centers.

Announcements in client loader are rare atm, like updates on PCF front page. I guess the only employee left over is Kim.

(You know, here I intuit personal problems. One day a man owner of a free forum, where the community built a database, decided to sell it to FPC. (He forgot, that database was from the entire community and not only from him)... FPC then sold to SDS .. SDS then broke, and left. Mindark recovers Calypso. But not bought the database of the main forum. The man who sold the database, are now elsewhere and Mindark supports him with Kim´s Thread. However, Mindark is not owner of this database and does not want to buy it apparently, so now, they send (¿?) people to tell us, that this database does not work and is better forget everything, and we go to there ....

That is what it seems ... what do you think now?)
If we could get that on the front page all should be set and we could move on to another place.;)

If we could get that on the front page all should be set and we could move on to another place.;)

Xavier_Jr is quite right.

I hope they transfer us back to Entropia forum :)

seemsmore and more ppl everyday dream about that.

Lets hope all links, CFD's , great research and historical achivements threads will go with us.

Actualy only strengh of this forum is existing archive...i find that strange too that Kim post only on EF

seemsmore and more ppl everyday dream about that.

Lets hope all links, CFD's , great research and historical achivements threads will go with us.

Actualy only strengh of this forum is existing archive...i find that strange too that Kim post only on EF

Would be nice to get back all EFD that disapeared duringtransfer and maybe the Senior status. Now if moving back no one sees that I been active since 2006.

Would be nice to get back all EFD that disapeared duringtransfer and maybe the Senior status. Now if moving back no one sees that I been active since 2006.

Ahhh the EFD, damn I got scammed !!!!
Had tons of it.

typically mindark. confuse the playerbase and the newcomers.
no clear line of business, bad information / comunication strategies ( strategies :tongue2: )
this is also continuing here at the forums ... whatever its annoying -especially when events are goin on and i feel soooo lost and let alone - thanks god i have soc/other mates ingame.

i dont even ask them here to get that fixed (cause it wont lead to anything) :girl:

Back