The Thing: The Arctic Area - A Job well done By ND/ NDS.........one the the reasons why I"M still here in EU

Anyone found he LZ4 TP yet, seems there should be one but so far have not seen it reported.

Yes, I have found it. But sorry I don't have the coords on me, will see if I can get a chance to sign in and look.

Ah ok, cool, if you can post the coords when you get a chance would be great, knew it was out there somewhere:)

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, I have found it. But sorry I don't have the coords on me, will see if I can get a chance to sign in and look.

Oh no... you beat me!!:((((

BIG GRZ :yay:...Finally we found it:))

I did look for it extensively... I guess it doesn't have any Revival!

Anyone found he LZ4 TP yet, seems there should be one but so far have not seen it reported.

Oh no... you beat me!!:((((

BIG GRZ :yay:...Finally we found it:))

I did look for it extensively... I guess it doesn't have any Revival!

Infinity, did you find the coords for 4? I haven't been able to get a chance to sign in yet. If so, can you post it.

Infinity, did you find the coords for 4? I haven't been able to get a chance to sign in yet. If so, can you post it.
no, i've not signed in yet... and i didn't get it yet :(

Well it seems I can't see the map and tp list if I am on another planet! :scratch2:

Well I tried :(

No worries, I am back on Caly as well, if you are back on Rock and remember please put down the location, .

No worries, I am back on Caly as well, if you are back on Rock and remember please put down the location, .

Ok, here is the list of tp's I have at the Arctic

Camp Campbell 343-173
Extractions 383-191
Extractions 364-176
Extractions 391-203
LZ-1 386-219
LZ-2 378-236
LZ-3 354-230
LZ-4 352-204
LZ-5 365-223
LZ-6 391-235
LZ-7 365-238
LZ-8 375-222
LZ-9 355-219

Hope that helps :)

Camp Campbell 343-173
Extractions 383-191
Extractions 364-176
Extractions 391-203
LZ-1 386-219
LZ-2 378-236
LZ-3 354-230
LZ-4 352-204
LZ-5 365-223
LZ-6 391-235
LZ-7 365-238
LZ-8 375-222
LZ-9 355-219

Thanks, i'll copy paste it inthe 2nd post :) and now i'm going to get the freaking TP!! .....

Last edited:
Beautiful....

Camp Campbell 343-173
Extractions 383-191
Extractions 364-176
Extractions 391-203
LZ-1 386-219
LZ-2 378-236
LZ-3 354-230
LZ-4 352-204
LZ-5 365-223
LZ-6 391-235
LZ-7 365-238
LZ-8 375-222
LZ-9 355-219

Great list!! I can continue my adventure more easily!..Now if I could only fix my jeep maybe?. (I'm getting a little tired of running.) Thank You SoftHart!!..:wtg::D

I would like to say that the Arctic is very well done, and beautiful to behold, and was definately fun for me. Thank you Neverdie. :cool:

Just to add onto what everyone else said (Thanks great information:yay:), I and what I have seen from where people get stuck and give up, here are my two cents worth. Hope it can help someone.

Firstly the missions in order as they popped up for me.

1. Welcome to Camp Campbell - registration officer - 34346 , 17249
  2. Find Your Destination - depending what u choose you will be directed, follow the road
  3. Meeting Dr. Marconi .
  4. Camp Campbell Locations
  5. Your Weapon of Choice - walk right to the back of the armoury to the grunt by the table . after he has finished his speech, you need to grab a weapon from the table behind him.
  6. Weapons Training
  7. Weapons Cage
  8. The Wager - you need to to back to the weapons cage (if you havent done that already) and ask for clothes then go to the grunt by the exit door, and insult him
  9. Gearing Up For Adventure - mechanic - 34445, 17350. He will send you out and back and out again, but when he give you the car you need to step sideways into the road to get it if it takes long. A word of caution.. Mobs decay it fast so treasure it:)
  10. The Adventure Begins, just follow the road out and enjoy
  11. The Story Unfolds
  12. Lights Out - head to the generator, then out and follow the road S to a car on a hill, and back. The order for activations is 23342
  13. Searching Vehicles
  14. Reconfiguring Satelites - there are 2 to do.. One in the camp and one S from the camp again follow road. When done next mission will activate
  15. Searching Vehicles
  16. DNA Verification - next mission activates a few mins later after you complete this one.
  17. Driving towards The Mountains - drive and follow the road, keeping right, will bring you to a camp. Explore
  18. Army Weapons Crate - 36435, 18371
  19. Up The Mountain - drive past check points and when it says checkpoint reached, there is a satelite.. (I reconfigured just in case).. But then carry on driving.. You are not at your destination yet so mission wont complete, (its not a bug, you still have a way to go).
  20. Pick Up Supplies - as you drive you should get this mission popping up, if not when you reach you destination, just run back downthe road you just came from and it will give it to you. Then mission completes when you enter the shack.
  21. Hunt The Thing - jump in the hole and walk forwards… (lol toward your death), and the mision will activate there. The you can go and kill "The Thing" , when you kill one it activates the last mission "escape" . You need to make you way through the cave, Infinity described that best. I did it with a bamf z2 and a fap on foot. Follow the prompts and if your successful you get your heli.
Sometimes the missions didn’t load , or the waypoint didn’t register eventhough you drove over it like a few times and went back and did the road again. No matter, you can just abort the mission and pick it up again. The order might be different then if u have done some part successfully before, like pick up the security card, but if all else fails just redo. Dont give up!

You need to have a certain number of missions for it to unlock "Hunt The Thing" … I am not sure which the main ones are but the "Army Weapons Crate" and "The Wager" are side ones. I don’t know how many other are sides ones.. Possibly one or two but nice to do them all anyway :)

Also you can buy extra faps and guns and armour at the TT there, but it doesn’t sell bamf or "normal" ammo, that you would need to get before you go.
There is an auction as well as storage there as well, but not connected to Rocktropia auction and storage.

If anyone has anything to add please your welcome. Otherwise I hope someone finds this useful .. Enjoy :)

Firstly the missions in order as they popped up for me.

:)
Thanks Royal, for the list and info on how to do the arctic missions. I think your list is more useful to the players as you've put them in the order in which most players are likely to encounter the missions..... Once again thanks for the hard work :)

Found this seriously challenging took the whole bloody day :eek:. But was sure fun, the wolves are awesome, different levels, attack, health, regen, aggro, it kind of just mixed things up so kept you guessing what X mob was gonna do. The helicopter tp's stomped me for a bit since I didnt read this thread before but finally figured it out :). Some of the missions were indeed bugged had to abandon a few of them to redo it all over again but was ok. All in all was a good experience, some of the effects that happen in that area are real nice, like icey screens, heavy wind, fog, ice on road, tremors, cave ins, explosions. Man so much stuff. I'm still here I'll do some hunting for someone then collect the teleporters before doing some zombies :D. Great Job ND & NDS! And the weapons are absolutley amazing, the rifle can be used to tag upto 4 mobs if your really quick in the time it gets reload to finish & has 82.5 range :D. The shotgun is just awesomeness love it. The pistol just a finisher but sounds great. The only issue I've encountered is really the inability to sell back the Medkit, Rifle & Pistol back to the TT it just won't let me not sure what I'm gonna do about that, I want to buy lots before leaving.

I managed to totally wreck my truck, and also never got the last two missions activated, so no helicopter...is there any way to complete the last two, i.e get them triggered...?

I managed to totally wreck my truck, and also never got the last two missions activated, so no helicopter...is there any way to complete the last two, i.e get them triggered...?
Not sure.. but AFAIK you need to finish 20 missions before jumping in the hole! Once you are in the hole "hunt the thing" gets activated....after you kill 1 the thing... .then the "escape" gets activated.

Anyway, make sure you've al 20 missions completed frist..and use this thread to figure out which one! GL

The supplies terminal at the shed where the THING is located in the hole. You can buy all the traditional ammo types there if anyone needs any kind of ammo. I got there & I could see you could buy the normal ammo so I could use up my flamethrower :D. But 3 items cant be sold back the pistol, rifle, medkit :( so beware.

walk out of the last camp down the road then walk back in it triggers teh supply crate mission, then get the supply crate next to teh THING hole and that gets the last one

2 of the 13 tps are out of order atm, 391, 233 & 387, 218 are not working, when activated they do not show on map or when just near proximity. I also did a relog to double check it wasnt a visual glitch or other.

I had same issue with expert extraction 1 tp..

I found you have to click the seat that says extraction, not the helicopter itself. and after I gave up and started to walk away, about 2 feet in certain direction...I received the msg that tp was added to my map.

so you might try just walking circles around the tp till you find the magic spot...

Well, although I'm enjoying the missions and environment, I find that ALL Tp's are bugged - I've moved my mouse cursor over every square inch of several different choppers in several places and nothing comes up - no "Extraction" or anything. No blue dot either.

Have given up trying tbh.

Yeah same here. You gotta get to the end area and use the TP there at Camp Finale.

If you are stuck and need a direct walkthrough of how to get out of this, check my vids. I go step by step on how to reach the end point if you have an issue. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL049EA312C2170095

The tps don't work for months. Amazing that they didn't bother to fix them even for the release of The Thing movie on DVD on Jan 31 with EU included, which could bring more newbies to the game.

Last edited:
Back