Remove TP's !

Vote against teleporters !

• Teleporters are the devil, crush , destroy and remove them all !

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • TP's are to fast, my peds will last longer when traveling more !

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Remove TP's, so noone can complain that one location has one while another does not.

Votes: 30 22.6%

• Total voters
What the hell, lets just make it so you don't deposit at least 50k usd you can't do anything in game, and then that level just lets you sweat... you'll have to work hard to earn the right to do anything, and by god and lootius it'll cost ya a bit to do it.

Do you actually know how to read, or do you just instantly belittle posts based on another persons soc ?
How about actually considering the ideas and constructively commenting on what would or would not work, and what alternatives you would offer. Please remember not every new player buys their way into game, nor does every new player start non-depo, but we all start with zero knowledge and exploration helps fill in that hole. While getting a sense of ownership and achievement will retain more players than just buying another ring or pill or vehicle

Last edited:
thing is, why would you answer to this thread, the poll is against the rules and should have been deleted
kinda biased, where are the no/ i don't care options ?

thing is, why would you answer to this thread, the poll is against the rules and should have been deleted
kinda biased, where are the no/ i don't care options ?

He did say that it is biased in his first post. He does like to complain that other peoples polls are biased, funny enough.

I say better without vehicles ? , implement a bicycle for all players , keep space as it is

Only the lazy players (no offence - mindark practically trained all players to be lazy by destroying mu accross the board) who dont aim to maximize their profit margin will stay where its 'easiest' to have a quick turnover.
Quick turnover however is what kills mu and damages economic growth if you keep cycling on the same stuff and create overproduction.

I would say that people generally lazilly accept the lazy path if it is offered to them. Not even thinking about alternatives becomes a part of this.
Because we have tps, few people are seriously getting their minds around whether or not a game environment could survive or even do better without them. However, not everybody can do everything themselves (nor be skilled enough), so you need enough people who can find each other and 'trade'. The AH is like a tp/trade hub for goods at a planetary level, so the topic of tps is also relevant for the AH.

Communities must be big enough to permit the level of complexity designed into the platform - and complex design needs to be competent ofc. MA had the good fortune to have an extremely good black box early on around the concept of loot, but I don't think they still have the competence to understand or program in successful competition across geographies.

What we currently have is like separate shops (planets) in a mall (the EU platform), where the EU-owned shop tries to piss on the other shops and keep customers away from them by making the space between the shops treacherous, as well as the mall dictating what can be made and sold in the other shops too.

Thus, new customers to the whole shopping centre (mall) often don't find things appealing and shop elsewhere (= try other games instead). It's more than just the topic of tps, which I reckon actually helps retention within an overall structure that isn't working well. BUT - a more interesting platform overall could have a system in place where distances matter more!

Removal of planetary tps hurts the newer and low budget players. I have a TP3 chip and I can tp to any where I own property. From there I can do tp jumps or travel by vehicle to get to where I really want to be. People who are starting or people with low peds might have a vehicle but they will struggle to buy TP chips that have the additional function. And buying mulitple apartments to provide tp home points is clearly only an option for people with ped to spare.

I don't think that removal of tps actually helps anyone. As a crafter on Arkadia I can't source everything I need from auction and traders are not very active there, so I tend to buy small quantities of resources from lots of people so that I have the materials to make my stuff. It's better for my turnover and for them if they can get to me easily to sell. Take away the tp and people are spending excessive time and effort to sell me a few ped worth of stuff.

LA owners would also be negatively affected by removal of TPs.

Simple, keep a few MindArk owned Teleports.
Put the rest as deeds on auction. Player owned, collect taxes.
Vehicles are here to stay.
Teleports are a luxury, I recall back in 2009, running all over Calypso looking for TPs, avoiding Atrox young. Now new players, with no skills can buy a QUAD off auction day one, fly it with no pilots skills anywhere.

Me thinks MA needs to make Pilot skills count and make teleports player owned.

Simple, keep a few MindArk owned Teleports.
Put the rest as deeds on auction. Player owned, collect taxes.
Vehicles are here to stay.
Teleports are a luxury, I recall back in 2009, running all over Calypso looking for TPs, avoiding Atrox young. Now new players, with no skills can buy a QUAD off auction day one, fly it with no pilots skills anywhere.

Me thinks MA needs to make Pilot skills count and make teleports player owned.

When ND said about charging for TP use, the whole forum went on a total meltdown.

Alright, serious answer to a not-so-serious question: NO.

There is even room for a few more. On Calypso I can think of Camp Carter, Base Falcon and Camp Poseidon which should have a teleporter. They are pivot points in missions and some are access points to recurring activities (Goki wave, Cyclops instance). The commuting gets annoying soon. Rather do something with the vehicles so that their use must be earned, e.g. as suggested here.

This is old thread back in 2012 and shoud be closed to post ,Moderator close pls

It was JBK who bumped this thread, due to other recent threads.

So, I'm going to make this one last post in the thread. Then unsubscribe and ignore it.

100% honestly, I'd love to see vehicles go away, and TPs stay. I honestly don't give a damn about the PED card of the players who want to line their pockets with other people's PEDs by selling vehicles. I have no love for profiteers, and frankly if I could go on a killing spree of corporate executives without being arrested, I would. I hate people who profit from other people by charging outrageous prices for "necessities".. which is what vehicles would become without TPs given the increased size of the world.

So if the sellers of vehicles are making such a huge profit why not become a vehicle crafter, or did you already check out the actual returns and decide it was nothing like as good as it seems. The majority of crafters in this game survive not on the returns but on the MU. They can only charge what is appropriate else someone will surely undercut them. With a game this big I think we can rule out a price cartel :)

So if the sellers of vehicles are making such a huge profit why not become a vehicle crafter, or did you already check out the actual returns and decide it was nothing like as good as it seems. The majority of crafters in this game survive not on the returns but on the MU. They can only charge what is appropriate else someone will surely undercut them. With a game this big I think we can rule out a price cartel :)

To be fair, when he made that post the mu on sleipnirs was still around 400% and good money to be made from vehicle crafting, but over time overproduction has killed the mu of vehicles like everywhere else and as usual it is TP's that allow players to generate overproduction for any product easily everwhere the moment it starts to become valueable - destroying markups the moment they start to build.

Remove TP's to slow down the destruction of markups and generate profitability for the players ! :cool:

uhm... well... that post u are quoting is over 5 years old. i doubt he will answer ^^

I have some very fond memories of my TP runs.. when trying to reach a new town just by foot and mighty opalo. lots of fun! :yup:

Reactions: San
When ND said about charging for TP use, the whole forum went on a total meltdown.

Yes, if MA was charging the tax. If it is player owned, that is different. Then each of us can have a chance to own a teleport.

Back