FYI: Dev's Corner Forum Guidelines

Site Admin
Admin
In order to keep this forum section manageable, easy for visitors to browse, and free from repetitive questions that the MindArk representatives may be unable/unwilling to answer, a few guidelines are provided below.

DO:
  • Post questions that are clear and concise.
  • Post questions that are directly related to Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso.
  • Post questions in a mature and polite manner.
  • Post questions that MindArk representatives can reasonably be expected to be able to answer on a public internet forum.

DO NOT:
  • Post threads addressed directly to MindArk representatives.
  • Post requests for in-game support, or questions relating to open support cases, account bans, etc.
  • Post suggestions (or suggestions disguised as questions) for new features or changes to existing features/game systems. Such threads belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum.
  • Post questions relating to other EU planets or planet partners.
  • Post questions directly related to internal Entropia Universe balancing mechanics (e.g. 'Why is my loot so bad?!' or 'When will more of xxxxx start dropping?' etc.).
  • Post questions which have already been asked and/or answered in an earlier thread posted by another member.
  • Post questions directly related to specific EU avatars or societies.
  • Post rhetorical and/or loaded questions whose only purpose is to promote a particular response or viewpoint.
  • Post questions whose content is defamatory or slanderous to MindArk or to any of MindArk's affiliates, employees, or planet partners.
  • Post questions or content in violation of the Entropia Universe EULA or TOU.

Such questions will be ignored, and threads containing such may be closed or deleted without notice.

NOTES:
MindArk representatives are under no obligation to respond speedily (or ever) to any particular threads or questions posted in the Dev's Corner subforum, or elsewhere on PlanetCalypsoForum.

Constant nudging and poking via sarcastic comments or thread bumps will not result in a faster response.

Also, please do not foster the misconception that a lack of an official response to a particular issue or question posted here on PlanetCalypsoForum provides any sort of insight into MindArk's development plans for Entropia Universe, or indicates any sort of official stance by MindArk on the topic in question.

Many times, MindArk representatives are probably waiting to post a response only once they have obtained accurate information related to the thread topic, along with any necessary approval from upper management regarding the sharing of such information.

Remember that all of the normal PlanetCalypsoForum Rules also apply in this forum section.

Last edited:
You might want to remove the Gratz button from this sub-forum :D

Keep the gratz button. It's awesome!

Rules should also be gratzed, right?!

I now realize the rules apply for the ask MA / kims section.

1. •Post questions which have already been asked and/or answered in an earlier thread posted by another member.
2. •Post questions unrelated to Entropia Universe.

And also a new player who might ask a question that has been anaswered and he never knew about the original thread now you will say their is a search button but what if the new player wa not familiar wiht a forum

So that means we can not have fun threads on this forum like the alphabeticle movie thread. this relates to threades not related to entropia.

I hope your rules only apply to the mindarks or kims section on the forum

i agree keep the gratz buttom

I also agree to those rules but im concernerd about our freedom of speech on the forum (remember im saying i agree to them)

Last edited:
I also agree to those rules but im concernerd about our freedom of speech on the forum (remember im saying i agree to them)

711's reply : "You shall all be assimilated, resistance is futile!"

Eventually we'll all be turned into tin cans :D

Redshoot, these rules are only for the dev's corner, just like ask ma has rules for that specific section too.

You might want to remove the Gratz button from this sub-forum :D

after rethinking it i change my mind...thagt is good thing showing how many ppl is concerned with answer on particular question ( assuming there will be one question for one thread )

Well, I see how the rules are important but I really hate that you limit MA on what answers they want to give. Let us ask the questions and let them reply with no comment. There is a ton of question that we have that are related to do not ask.
Your rules really limit open discussion and development/progress. We have this mess cause of earlier failure to communicate.

Isnt he our communication representative? If not, is he only supposed to feed us fast news?

Well, I see how the rules are important but I really hate that you limit MA on what answers they want to give. Let us ask the questions and let them reply with no comment. There is a ton of question that we have that are related to do not ask.
Your rules really limit open discussion and development/progress. We have this mess cause of earlier failure to communicate.

Isnt he our communication representative? If not, is he only supposed to feed us fast news?

I think 711 wanted avoid mess wchich really exist in other threads to make it at all posible to answer by MA. Look at 2 existing threads so far and first answers...it already started. I bet there will be no thread when first answer after OP question will be MA answer...

I think 711 wanted avoid mess wchich really exist in other threads to make it at all posible to answer by MA. Look at 2 existing threads so far and first answers...it already started. I bet there will be no thread when first answer after OP question will be MA answer...

Well, Kim is probably not an idiot so he will create a single thread where we can ask and he will reply to q´s. He do get paid for doing some kind of work right? Timeconsuming? But ofc, its work.

I hear you shoti, but I still think 711 should rethink his standpoint. Kim should work something out with 711.

Well, I see how the rules are important but I really hate that you limit MA on what answers they want to give.

I am not limiting MA on what answers they want to give.

The Dev's Corner forum guidelines (along with the guidelines for the Ask MindArk section on EF) were developed together with the MindArk devs in order to keep this forum section polite, orderly and clear of threads with questions which the devs are unable to respond to.

Let us ask the questions and let them reply with no comment. There is a ton of question that we have that are related to do not ask.

The forum guidelines are very straightforward and sensible, and only prohibit questions and issues that clearly cannot be answered by the devs (e.g. questions relating to internal balancing, private support cases, etc.).

Please give an example of an issue that is prohibited by these guidelines, which shouldn't be?

Well, Kim is probably not an idiot so he will create a single thread where we can ask and he will reply to q´s. He do get paid for doing some kind of work right? Timeconsuming? But ofc, its work.

I hear you shoti, but I still think 711 should rethink his standpoint. Kim should work something out with 711.

As I explained above, Kim had direct input on the formulation of the Ask MindArk (EF) forum guidelines, which are essentially the same as the Dev's Corner guidelines posted in this thread.

As I explained above, Kim had direct input on the formulation of the Ask MindArk (EF) forum guidelines, which are essentially the same as the Dev's Corner guidelines posted in this thread.

This I didnt know. I blame Kim abit then instead of putting it all on you. Felt like there was alot of inherited rules from pre 2006 that doesnt make as much sense today.

The forum guidelines are very straightforward and sensible, and only prohibit questions and issues that clearly cannot be answered by the devs (e.g. questions relating to internal balancing, private support cases, etc.).

Please give an example of an issue that is prohibited by these guidelines, which shouldn't be?

DO NOT:
  • Post requests for in-game support, or questions relating to open support cases, account bans, etc.

• Example, some players have been banned who using VTOL to hunt with. When is it okey to hunt with VTOL?
    I read that Star got the reply from support that it was okey if he was surrounded by more then 5 mobs. Clarification question that Im not allowed to ask.

DO NOT:
    • Post suggestions (or suggestions disguised as questions) for new features or changes to existing features/game systems.

• I cant comment on the new mentor system and ask if this is just a preliminary version and if you will continue to update the interface with example example. I want direct feedback on issues like this.

Example, some players have been banned who using VTOL to hunt with. When is it okey to hunt with VTOL?
I read that Star got the reply from support that it was okey if he was surrounded by more then 5 mobs. Clarification question that Im not allowed to ask.

Due to privacy concerns, MindArk staff (including Planet Calypso devs) cannot respond to questions relating to specific support cases (yours or someone else's) on a public forum.

If you want clarification about whether a particular in-game activity is in violation of the EULA, your best option is to submit a support case via the EntropiaUniverse.com website.

I cant comment on the new mentor system and ask if this is just a preliminary version and if you will continue to update the interface with example example. I want direct feedback on issues like this.

You are free to comment on game systems, in the appropriate forum section. However, if the primary purpose of your thread is to suggest new game systems, or to suggest how existing game systems should be modified/expanded/whatever, then you should post such threads in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum, which is also monitored by MindArk and the Planet Calypso devs.

You seem to be under the impression that Kim and the other PC devs will only be looking at threads in the Dev's Corner section. This is not the case; over on EF, Kim was quite active in lots of other threads and forum sections as well, and I am sure he will continue that over here on PCF.

I see your viewpoint and I dont agree, I say this is exactly what we need from a communication representative.
You seriously think all participants should swamp support with a clarification regarding VTOL hunting? LOL. The representative should issue a statement. Especially issues that create debate.

As for not being aware that they are looking at other threads, not true. I know they lurk. What I do lack is feedback and direction in our wishlist. Like these suggestions are not possible due to example example. This feedback is necessary for future good input of the wishes from the community.

I hope you will rethink and ask Kim to reconsider these rules, thats the best I can hope for.
Im still happy I can read the breadcrumbs Kim drops here instead of having to go to EF.

The PCF Dev's Corner section is intended for questions specifically related to Planet Calypso.

Questions that can only be answered by MindArk platform staff (as opposed to MindArk's Planet Calypso team) do not belong in this section, and should either be posted in EntropiaForum's Ask MindArk section, or submitted to the EU support team directly via an official support case.

As such, the following guideline has been added to the opening post:

DO NOT:
  • Post questions that fall exclusively within MindArk's area of responsibility (e.g. deposits/withdrawals, universe-wide systems, etc.).

Bump this up, since many members seem to be ignorant of these guidelines.
Also updated the info regarding the separation of MindArk/Calypso , now that Calypso is once again fully part of MindArk.

DO NOT:
  • Post threads addressed directly to MindArk representatives.

• When such questions do get posted, could mods please move them over to Entropia Forum's Ask Mindark Section? since folks running that forum appear to be same folks running this forum for the most part?

(I know, I know, Mindark has mostly ignored that forum section for a long while now, even though it was specifically set up for them, but since there's been more dev posts recently, perhaps that could change at some point in time, especially since Mindark's been doing things like, oh, say, changing the entire way that the loot system works lately?)

Last edited:
When such questions do get posted, could mods please move them over to Entropia Forum's Ask Mindark Section? since folks running that forum appear to be same folks running this forum for the most part?

As one of volunteer mods here (and the only one active in the past 3 months), and the only mod for several years on Entropia Forum:
If a member wants to post on Entropia Forum, they are most welcome to do so.
However, I have no intention of cross-posting between one forum and the other on behalf of members.

(Also relevant is that the last MindArk response in that section on Entropia Forum was some years ago.)

Back