Is the new spawning in space intentionale ?

Fopsie

Prowler
Society
Rekkies
Shiro "Jakal" Kitsune
Just as the title says. Is this change of now spawning in lootable PVP from a planet intentional or is it a bug? My other thread about this shows that the majority of players do not agree and like the new sysem and wont use it without changing back to spawing in a safezone.

There has already been one case of a player getting shotdown before he could even see what was going on and from personal experiance last night on 2 seperate ocasions hours appart and on diffrent planets my friend and me both got shot down within a minute of spawning in space by pirates.

link to the poll. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/wishlist/201424-please-change-entry-space-back-savezones.html

Intentional or not......there are ways to deal with it that encourages business for privateer and MS owners in Space

Solution : Privateer or hanger owner in ship in space (To summon )....Colleague on planet side invites passengers into a team in which the Pilot is in also....Soon as the new name appears in team...the pilot drags it into guest list and Summons them up...Easy peasy ;)

Intentional or not......there are ways to deal with it that encourages business for privateer and MS owners in Space

Solution : Privateer or hanger owner in ship in space (To summon )....Colleague on planet side invites passengers into a team in which the Pilot is in also....Soon as the new name appears in team...the pilot drags it into guest list and Summons them up...Easy peasy ;)

Daisy, you should kill them all now, one by one. Yes, it's not interesting, but it's better solution to force them all write support cases, thus, forcing MA fixing that issue faster than a speed of li... neutrino.

Daisy, you should kill them all now, one by one. Yes, it's not interesting, but it's better solution to force them all write support cases, thus, forcing MA fixing that issue faster than a speed of li... neutrino.

Thats actualy a good idea. The more players that log support about this the more likely they are to change it.

Thats actualy a good idea. The more players that log support about this the more likely they are to change it.

Exactly. They will not change, they will fix it. It's a bug.

...did someone call me? ;)

This is just of course my opinion, and I don't claim to speak for anyone else but myself. Anyway, I can see how the recent changes to space would cater to PvP'ers. In fact, it's alright. But I also think that there should be some strategical leeway, in order for anyone who wants to exit a planet if it is, in fact, a good moment to do so or not, or plan ahead appropriately. The current situation only allows for one likely scenario: PKer(s) camping the very same spot, looking for easy pickings, specially on those playing on less-than-ideal conditions in regards to system specs, and that is what I find annoying, and perhaps also unfair. (Please bear with me, PvP lovers. I'm not completely against it. :silly2: )

Let's put it in perspective with another PvP zone, PvP4 in Calypso. When you enter it, usually the nearest revival and teleport is in Akmuul, which is also a safe zone. PKers can look at their potential victims from there, or a miner/hunter can assess, perhaps against his best interests, the activity of the zone before diving in. What I want to say is, the teleport, or the easiest access point, is NOT inside lootable PvP. However, space is different. If one were to appear on a random spot, at a random distance between the space station and Calypso, then maybe that would be passable, yet not acceptable yet, as a PKer wouldn't be able to simply camp on a single spot and would be forced to either team up with others deployed on different spots or roam in patrol. Spawning in safe space would of course be the best choice, and I think the best for everyone's interests.

Spacefarers, think about it. I bet it would be highly discouraging if the first thing that happened upon arriving space, and even before picking any course of action or strategy in order to ensure a safe arrival to your destination would be to get blown to smithereens. That's not risky, that's just plain crazy. There's no thrill, there's just one likely outcome: defeat. And way less of a reason to leave your relatively safe, cozy planet.

PKers, pirates, think about it. An aware spacefarer on this situation would be even less likely to carry any loot with him, and something that at first would be fun, it would quickly become trite. Space activity would most likely drop, and I can't imagine how annoying would be to wait one... two... three hours for that little vessel to timidly appear, that lone, unarmed VTOL, one of the few that didn't get the memo... boom, bang... no loot. Then more waiting. Doesn't feel particularly exciting, at least for me. I would like to have many choices: Should I team up today with my fellow pirates to bring down that fat, nice MS, and hope my plundering mates won't stab me back after we're done? Or should I roam the inter-station regions, looking for nice targets? Perhaps they brought friends, even better! The more the merrier! More targets to kill and increase that spree. Not to mention that, while you are camping, you are yourself an easy target for any passing vigilante/pirate with a vendetta/pirate without a vendetta/former "customer" looking for revenge/random person with guns.

Notice that I didn't complain about space being lootable PvP, I've come to accept that as a risk, and certainly allows for a fairly exciting travel. The first couple of times I traveled, even if nothing happened and I didn't have much to lose except for time and some TT on my Sleipnir/repair tool, I was nearly soiling my pants at the sight of any ship, knowing that it could mean a few moments of painful regret followed by the cold embrace of death, just to reappear moments later, forced to decide between continuing or returning. But just as how it is right now, it would be risking it all just as soon as you enter space. So, of course I would greatly like for the safezone spawning to return. To err is human, and I would really want for MA to rectify with this one, instead of going for the short-term profits as usual.

Last edited:
Where is Kim?

forcing all to use MS to accually be able to enter space normally is market manipulation from MA side, forcing lower skilled lower funded to use a service.
I for one never had much against pvp in space like it was pre - VU . could choosse to risk being shot down (smal risk) by traveling on youre own in youre own vehicle at youre own prefert time.

Now that is plain dumb to try seeing no matter if you can defend youre self spawning in a non-safe zone at fixed points renders all capabilities to defend yourself to basicly none exsisting becausse you wont even have youre screen loaded when you already a target.

Other point to this is , if i would be in space and see other vehicles i would wait in safezone to not have to fight it out and with that preventing the pirate stuf (no pirate no kight myself). This situation however forces my hand. If i want to travel i wil need to fight and with that need i will also need to shoot anyone for being to close. No time to check if it a pirate or a just a traveler (checking peeps outside safezone basicly allowing them to shoot first).

Personally i think i be fine , desent funded and able to get those weapons , skillwise desent enouf to not have to worry about the bulk of players. This however does not count for my soc members and a lot of the general player base.
They basicly forced to use MS transport ( one a side note the not having to depend on clans and/or other players like in a lot of MMO's was basicly the biggest attraction for me to this game 6 years ago).

All and all this in current set up makes the game a lot harder for new players , low funded players or independend natured players and wil put inteplanetairy travel and trade in the hands of a smal elite group of players, making the rest depend on them. It also forces players like me (equipt quad wing capable of space fighting but not intrested in pirating) to take no chances and shoot anything coming close down, pirate or not.
Also considering just to skip the entire universal thing get back to caly and stick to playing my game there, witch wil be the sentiment of a big group also. Time wil tel what i do , but in current situation non of my options are those i wish them to be (stay at one planet, wait in line for a ms to be available at my specific time, get shot or be zero tolerant to any marker on radar and shoot down all to be on safeside taking down more inocent players then pirates)

Whatever it is (intentional or unintentional), I think, MindArk is losing it's Mind!

Last edited:
Well MA has responded to the Post on Entropia Forum https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/201441-new-spawning-space-intentionale.html

"We are reviewing the recent changes to space travel related to undocking from planets.

I will respond back once I have more information."

The above quote proves that the following claim of mine is corrrect :)

Whatever it is (intentional or unintentional), I think, MindArk is losing it's Mind!

Have I missed something, I thought all other planets except Calypso had a safe zone? Sounds like an oversight.

Have I missed something, I thought all other planets except Calypso had a safe zone? Sounds like an oversight.

Calypso actualy always had a savezone atleast when undocking from the planet. To enter you had to pass through pvp though. I nether had a problem with entering a planet outside of the savezone and was actualy how I entered 99% of the time unless I happened to fly into the savezone before reentry. But to exit or undock from the planet directly into PVP Is pure stupidity to me.

Thank you Kim

i woulda figured it enough that forcing all inter-planet commerce into lootable and now into warp channels would have been enough, adding at least a safe zone to get started would be nice

Well MA has responded to the Post on Entropia Forum https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/201441-new-spawning-space-intentionale.html

"We are reviewing the recent changes to space travel related to undocking from planets.

I will respond back once I have more information."

Man I hope this gets changed

that says to me that it was intentional. If it's a bug why not say so and if you don't know then say that, people will let up and give them time to fix it.

Atm it sounds just like when they introduced the 2 pec equipping fee and the 50% condition on tt weapons.

I can't imagine this not being a bug and if it isn't ill just have to change the mind of whoever decided this :)

Kim I hope you have more luck with this than the mining finders, did we ever get a response from the person in charge of that change?

Last edited:
pvp

pvp lootable space just sucks in general, regardless if you leave planet into a safe zone or not, why do i have to risk my hard earned money to some pirate if i want to visit another planet?

i got looted in space and it sucks, lost over 100 ped TT in items, all with decent MU, but i remember the killers name and i will have revenge :D

Last edited:
people have also forgotten that only a few days ago Foma and CP both lost their tp's, thankfully MA relented but what would have happened if they hadn't?

just thought of a new marketing slogan for MA - 'Tired of not getting paid when killing players in fps games? Try EU.'

Last edited:
Space has always lagged for me a bit when I 1st get there so spawning directly into PvP seems like a pretty crap idea.

Tippin'

kim is in our side, let wait the final MA words then...........

I can't imagine this not being a bug and if it isn't ill just have to change the mind of whoever decided this :)

I do hope ma intend to at least, punish everyone exploiting this bug to stop all interplanetary trade and loot everything stackable leaving planets.

I do hope ma intend to at least, punish everyone exploiting this bug to stop all interplanetary trade and loot everything stackable leaving planets.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Two days later and :dunno:

Well at least Kim speaked up. Glad he's not part of the evil masterplan.

I read this response as: "It'll be fixed, shortly". :)

Last edited:
I hope so because I certainly won't be going anywhere until its fixed.

Well at least Kim speaked up. Glad he's not part of the evil masterplan.

but that also means you've got a team in MA making plans and implementing changes that they're not informing anyone else of. If Kim, the Calypso manager, who's in the same building and part of the same company isn't being informed then what about the other PP's.

Maybe they've stopped giving pre-vu notes simply to push through unwelcome changes. If players had known this was going to happen would they have left the planet they were on to avoid it, like many did with the original pvp space announcement.

Last edited:
Back