Question: Has anyone graduated by mining or crafting (not by hunting)?

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
It seems that hunting is the easiest and cheapest way to graduate (for me it will take about 3k peds cycled to graduate with hunting while crafting and mining would need much more peds cycled - espetially crafting).

So i wonder if anyone has graduated with only mining or crafting (or with majority of % gained in one of those)?

Mayby there are other items than pixie adj and a car as a reward?

Falagor
:bandit:

i got a few miners on the works
will tell you when

That's a decent question to ask Falagor. Maybe why we've been seeing only armor sets being given away is because all have been graduating based off anatomy, a hunting skill so hence the armor. Would be nice to get something else for the other 2, maybe some new eco mining tools or a nice UL BP that only graduates can use.

Staying Tuned In

~Mark~

That's a decent question to ask Falagor. Maybe why we've been seeing only armor sets being given away is because all have been graduating based off anatomy, a hunting skill so hence the armor. Would be nice to get something else for the other 2, maybe some new eco mining tools or a nice UL BP that only graduates can use.

Staying Tuned In

~Mark~

;) That is why i ask before i graduate and while still can make decision.

Falagor

There is an inherent problem with this question I think.

I think the new Mentor system doesn't just follow one of those lines, so say you gain 2 ped TT of Anatomy skill. If you then switch to Mining or Crafting your % will simply continue to move up at the same rate as it did with Anatomy.

My conclusion is that you don't necessarily graduate "in a skill" these days, but it's more of a general skill increase graduation, based (I assume) on TT value of skills gained (explains why it's possible for high level people to be Disciples with the same conditions as a fresh OJ).

If you want to graduate "in hunting" then you are not allowed to mine or craft AT ALL (when skillgains are concerned), otherwise you haven't strictly speaking graduated in hunting.

As for myself, I am mainly graduating by repairing on the mothership Kronan. Up to 25% at the time of typing.

There is an inherent problem with this question I think.

I think the new Mentor system doesn't just follow one of those lines, so say you gain 2 ped TT of Anatomy skill. If you then switch to Mining or Crafting your % will simply continue to move up at the same rate as it did with Anatomy.

My conclusion is that you don't necessarily graduate "in a skill" these days, but it's more of a general skill increase graduation, based (I assume) on TT value of skills gained (explains why it's possible for high level people to be Disciples with the same conditions as a fresh OJ).

If you want to graduate "in hunting" then you are not allowed to mine or craft AT ALL (when skillgains are concerned), otherwise you haven't strictly speaking graduated in hunting.

As for myself, I am mainly graduating by repairing on the mothership Kronan. Up to 25% at the time of typing.

So that 25% are engeneering hence = crafting ;). Please continue doing it and finsih with most % in engenering if that is not too big problem.

Mayby my question was wrongly formed:
is there any person who have graduated with highest gains of % in engineering and/or geology (and not anatomy).

Falagor

So that 25% are engeneering hence = crafting ;). Please continue doing it and finsih with most % in engenering if that is not too big problem.

Mayby my question was wrongly formed:
is there any person who have graduated with highest gains of % in engineering and/or geology (and not anatomy).

Falagor

Kim has announced the stuff the disciples get as a graduation gift - he didn't mention anything else (other than "possibly a TP chip", but this has been replaced by a vehicle), and it didn't sound like there are any alternatives.

Kim has announced the stuff the disciples get as a graduation gift - he didn't mention anything else (other than "possibly a TP chip", but this has been replaced by a vehicle), and it didn't sound like there are any alternatives.

Ah kk - did not know that ;). Thanks for info.

Falagor

I'm currently on 17.09% by doing repairs on a mothership :yay:

Previously you could graduate with 600 Prospecting or Surveying, instead of 2000 Rifle.

My own limited tests now show that the same still applies, with an increase in Geology giving a bigger increase in Mentor % than Anatomy.

As for cheapest, I'd maintain that it is Mining, as it is generally profitable, though it may take longer.

My tests also indicate that if you do only one activity, it will now take longer than previously to graduate, though anyone who combined all three may see little difference.

I'll let you know when i graduate. Don't seem to be able to progress at all except in mining, might finish in 3months
;p

Skilling to Graduate

I am using all three - right now crafting is certainly the slowest. Team hunting worked well today, I will try mining later. I am just over 3% so have a very long ways to go yet. 3 months feels about right to me at this point.

I graduated a few days ago
over 85% done mining+crafting
time +-2 weeks
Got same stuff as everybody else
My mentor hunter face
I would say it doesnt matters
Only difference is that mining crafting you need to cycle way more than hunting to get it done

Only difference is that mining crafting you need to cycle way more than hunting to get it done

Being halfway through discipleship atm, my experiences and numbers would second that. :yup:

Last edited:
I graduated a few days ago
over 85% done mining+crafting
time +-2 weeks
Got same stuff as everybody else
My mentor hunter face
I would say it doesnt matters

Thx for confriming that probably most were expecting ;)

Falagor

from a mining disciple i have i got the info that he cycled way more in mining than in hunting

i should do a proper for this, but not that much in the mood atm :D

Graduated less than in a week (3-4 days), mostly mining, some craft. Got to 100%, had two achievements (claim+craft), only hunting achievement remains.

For hunting I had uberly annihilate two chirpys. Two - because first biatch didn't gave me LOOT!!!

I think I am most able, to talk about this,
I have graduated 20 disciples so far, and more are close to finish soon.
They are mixed, by hunters / miners / crafters. They all recieved same gifts (Adj Pixie + Explorer jeep) and me as Mentor got @ 14 Hunter Face Masks, 2 Thigh Hunter , and 3 Gloves, one Harness. (20 disciple finished)

So it dont matter what u finish, if its Mining, or Hunting or Crafting. Its same Reward for Disciple always, and for Mentor... who knows ... will tell you when i will hit 30 maybe if they change the 80% Face masks, and if they put any nice items.

I guess we wont see anymore Goodies like Foxtrot ME, Mk5 ME, or Rockjaker ME... and rest of goodies were in past.

Good Luck everyone, and if anyone needs a Experienced Mentor let me know.

I think I am most able, to talk about this,
I have graduated 20 disciples so far, and more are close to finish soon.
They are mixed, by hunters / miners / crafters. They all recieved same gifts (Adj Pixie + Explorer jeep) and me as Mentor got @ 14 Hunter Face Masks, 2 Thigh Hunter , and 3 Gloves, one Harness. (20 disciple finished)

So it dont matter what u finish, if its Mining, or Hunting or Crafting. Its same Reward for Disciple always, and for Mentor... who knows ... will tell you when i will hit 30 maybe if they change the 80% Face masks, and if they put any nice items.

I guess we wont see anymore Goodies like Foxtrot ME, Mk5 ME, or Rockjaker ME... and rest of goodies were in past.

Good Luck everyone, and if anyone needs a Experienced Mentor let me know.

Don't forget that the items get better as your Mentoring Profession grows. I think if enough of the big name Mentors asked Kim for the old Mentor Edition items back, it could be done.

Don't forget that the items get better as your Mentoring Profession grows. I think if enough of the big name Mentors asked Kim for the old Mentor Edition items back, it could be done.

i guess im not playing for 1-2 years or something like that. i got some Experience about this Game, if u can call it like this this gamble slots.

before "NEW" mentoring Sistem i was mentor aswell (when OLD stuff / Items were droping) i was mentor, and i have Graduated maybe 15-20 more disciples, also lots of "Goodies stuff dropped to me" Lots of EWE EP-17 Mentor Edition, FeanD Alpha Mentor Edition, and just One Manticore Deathbringer Mentor Edition.

Finally got me an ugly red car... :yay:

uglyredcar.jpg

So, here are the numb3rs for those who are interested.

Anatomy 4033 > 4177 (+144)
Geology 1682 > 1765 (+83)
Engineering 1739 > 1804 (+65)

In mining, a 100 PED run amounted to about 1% increase in discipleship. In hunting, killing 100 small Shinkis amounted to about 1% increase in discipleship. Can’t say anything about crafting, really, b/c of no consistent crafting activity.

Mining went bad for me about the time Auction Mayhem set in, so I stopped mining altogether early into discipleship. Had anyway decided to take up the Shinki 10k Iron Mission to complete discipleship. L00t was not bad overall, had even two nice runs of over 300% TT return in there (however, no globs to report :(). Everything about evened out in the end. Used the drop of resources in MU for some extra-curricular vehicle crafting and received a 5-click GungnirMkI BP(L)... no complaints there, either.

At about 90% into discipleship I unlocked Melee Damage Assessment. Suddenly got flooded with MDA skill gains :eyecrazy:, hardly any Anatomy gains anymore. Amassed 341 MDA skill pts up to graduation. Needed 250-300 Shinkis for 1% increase in discipleship thereafter, to get from 98.99% to 100% at last even took a whopping 546 Shinkis. It was a good thing I had such many Shinki kills left in the mission. :o:

EDIT:

Hrmphhh. Logged out after graduating, came back next evening to finish the 10k Shinki mission. Guess what. Anatomy skill gains back to normal. :scratch2:

Last edited:
Back