Preview: The Future of Calypso Survival Maps

Stave

Deactivated Account
Hey Guys,

I thought i would give you lot a preview of the future of calypso survival maps.

As soon as amethera and eudoira are linked up so its possible to access both without teleports i will be merging my two calypso maps into one.

In this upcoming map i have also included the last known mapping of the "restricted" amethera areas so the map doesnt end up being 50% blue nothingness, and so the map shows a more complete version of known calypso. I have taken these images from 9.4 and warped them as best as i could to fit the current amethera. Note that these areas were purely estimates from mindark in 9.4 as they were, and changed some when they were opened, but should represent the general shape of the rest of the continent.

Also another change worth nothing, if you look at the hades/corinth area and most of the billy's/pa area you will notice the map is at a much higher quality. On a as i can be bothered basis, i am currently flying over calypso taking screenshots of the terrain using quad, and using them to piece together my own much higher quality map. I will update the maps as this progresses, then once it is complete i will consider increasing the overall size of the maps to use this new level of detail to its full potentail.

Over time i will gradually uprade my map's quality for all planets this way, excluding space and most destinations like hell, crystal palace and ancient greece.

In the preview edition i have added the new area kim teased in the place the cords it came with placed it.

Here it is: http://entropiamaps.com/calypso.jpg

Once my new website is launched, entropiamaps.com, i will begin considering offering additional specialized maps, such as ones without land areas, or seperate amethera and eudoira maps, or ones only using the ingame mapping from the navigator.

Any constructive criticism and ideas you have regarding this map and the change is very welcome.

One final note before im gone, once this update comes, and amethera and eudoira is linked, i will upload the first edition of this map to the same url, and all future updates will be uploaded to the same url too.

Best Regards,

Stave

Source for Eastern and northen amethera: http://www.entropedia.com/img/pe-amethera-60.jpg

Update 18th:

Upated the preview of the map,

http://entropiamaps.com/calypso.jpg

• Added the 3 new areas
  • Adapted the "restricted areas" to fit in with the recent changes as best as i can
  • added basic server boarders
Next update after this will be the offical release containing all Teleporters, Points of Intrest, revivals and perhaps more...

The "Restricted Areas" will become a artists rendition of what the rest of amethera may look like from this point onwards, and i will just continue to adapt it to fit according to all future changes to the landmass...

Update 21 november:
Updated the map, did some work desinging the ocean so the map is more aesthetically pleasing and the geology makes more sense.

What ive added today is just more of the artists impression of a more astheticaly pleasing complete calpyso world map focusing on the ocean this time.

I worked on the theme of amethera and eudoria being 2 seperate tectonic plates, and the mid way islands being created by volcanos filling the gap. This probably wont be the final version of the ocean as ill more than likely tweak and improve it as things change.

Update 22nd november:
Heres a work in progress screenshot of my artists impression of eastern eudoira, im using vu9.4 eastern eudoira offical mapping as inspiration. I decided to do this because the 9.4 map for this area and northern amethera is rather low quality and doesnt fit in well with the rest of the content.

Doing it this way it will fit in better with the rest of the map and it will be more in the style MA have been developing the continents.

Any and all feedback is welcome :)

I'll either update the full size preview when i complete eastern amethera or complete both eastern and northern.

Update 24 November:

Ok, next step in the work in progress preview, i have uploaded the latest version :)

In this change i have completely retextured eastern amethera using the map textures used on the ingame map, then edited to make it more unique, i will probably continue to tweak the area slightly, but this is the general thing. If you compare my version and the 9.4 version (source in opening post) you will notice i used it as a guide for my retexturing, and added a few changes, like the rivers, to make it fit in with the general style that has been used on amethera and eudoira.

Next step, doing the same for northern amethera, and adding the data to midway islands, then im done :)

Update 26th November:

Another update for you guys, thought id post another image of what the artists impression of eastern amethera is looking like.

I really am beginning to amaze myself at how good this is becoming...

Update 27th November:

Eastern Amethera is complete, full size preview updated

Up next, northern amethera and adding the data to midway islands :)

Last edited:
Made a few updates to the map, made it more visible where the restricted zone starts and ends, made a few changes to eudoira merging it into the rest of the map and updated info for OLA46

Wow stave well done bro, you out did yourself now. That map is of such a high res I couldn't even zoom out all the way, was still 50% of the map not visible :D. The detail at the crater and the spider pit just look awesome. Looking forward to the finished product, thank you very much for all you have done here Stave.

Last edited:
very cool indeed. compliment

Wow stave well done bro, you out did yourself now. That map is of such a high res I couldn't seem out all the way, was still 50% of the map not visible :D. The detail at the crater and the spider pit just look awesome. Looking forward to the finished product, thank you very much for all you have done here Stave.

Heres the part of the map i have upgraded to higher quality in its full size, i have alot of work to do before its ready to be used as a map on this size tho, but then again, i also have alot of calypso i havent even started on yet :p

http://entropiamaps.com/HD-Preview.jpg

Subscribing:)

Nice job Stave

Wow nicely done. Keep up the good work :)

WOW the HD one looks very nice. +rep :yay:

-Bemo-

Upated the preview of the map,

• Added the 3 new areas
  • Adapted the "restricted areas" to fit in with the recent changes as best as i can
  • added basic server boarders
Next update after this will be the offical release containing all Teleporters, Points of Intrest, revivals and perhaps more...

The "Restricted Areas" will become a artists rendition of what the rest of amethera may look like from this point onwards, and i will just continue to adapt it to fit according to all future changes to the landmass...

Got all the places marked down, let me know if i have missed anything.

I will be mapping the revives this weekend.

Your current position is: Calypso (55201, 60157, 174)

Fort Victoria

Teleporter

Your current position is: Calypso (54980, 59839, 251)

Swamp with bubbles

Point of intrest

Your current position is: Calypso (55670, 61163, 153)

Thorifoid Temple

Point of intrest

Your current position is: Calypso (55332, 62005, 133)

Base Falcon

Revive/Outpost

Your current position is: Calypso (54283, 64902, 112)

Odysseus Landing

Teleporter

Your current position is: Calypso (50627, 64536, 181

robot Digsite

Point of intrest/mission

Your current position is: Calypso (51591, 63642, 149)

Camoflaged Camp

Your current position is: Calypso (50496, 60404, 146)

Camp Poseidon

Revive/outpost

Your current position is: Calypso (51749, 60359, 100)

Whaling Camp

Your current position is: Calypso (53343, 60843, 135)

Mining Expedition

Your current position is: Calypso (53747, 58026, 100)

Boat Trip to West island

Your current position is: Calypso (40634, 58495, 100)

Boat trip to east island

Your current position is: Calypso (40415, 58716, 132)

Naval Station Triton

TP

Your current position is: Calypso (40069, 60362, 275

Drill tower

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (38139, 61164, 113)

Drill tower

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (38747, 60868, 370)

Small crater

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (38390, 60199, 165)

Poacher Camp

Mission town

Your current position is: Calypso (38968, 59328, 122)

Drill tower

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (36954, 60325, 429)

Radio Tower

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (37175, 59845, 130)

Water Tank

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (37084, 59807, 163)
Rock Jaws

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (37525, 60047, 167)

Rock Beast

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (37351, 59860, 114)
Oasis

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (36219, 59503, 442)

Radio Tower

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (36021, 60563, 121)

The Destroied Tank

POI

Your current position is: Calypso (36021, 60563, 121)

Jamesons reach

Teleporter

Updated the map, did some work desinging the ocean so the map is more aesthetically pleasing and the geology makes more sense :)

What ive added today is just more of the artists impression of a more astheticaly pleasing complete calpyso world map focusing on the ocean this time.

I worked on the theme of amethera and eudoria being 2 seperate tectonic plates, and the mid way islands being created by volcanos filling the gap. This probably wont be the final version of the ocean as ill more than likely tweak and improve it as things change.

Last edited:
Very nice work with the sea and oceans!

Heres a work in progress screenshot of my artists impression of eastern eudoira, im using vu9.4 eastern eudoira offical mapping as inspiration. I decided to do this because the 9.4 map for this area and northern amethera is rather low quality and doesnt fit in well with the rest of the content.

Doing it this way it will fit in better with the rest of the map and it will be more in the style MA have been developing the continents.

I'll either update the full size preview when i complete eastern amethera or complete both eastern and northern.

Last edited:

Stave, I'm confused... there is a HUGE land mass on there I've never seen before? :scratch2: The three new islands I've visited so far... but WHAT THE HECK is that HUGE land mass below it? I don't think I have it on my map... either that or I have to visit it in order for it to register on my map? :scratch2:

~Danimal

Stave, I'm confused... there is a HUGE land mass on there I've never seen before? :scratch2: The three new islands I've visited so far... but WHAT THE HECK is that HUGE land mass below it? I don't think I have it on my map... either that or I have to visit it in order for it to register on my map? :scratch2:

~Danimal

It's an amalgamation of the existing map, and the pre-vu 10 map of the east side of Amethera.

I'm guessing that Stave expects this part of the old map to be reintroduced in the future or something.

It's an amalgamation of the existing map, and the pre-vu 10 map of the east side of Amethera.

I'm guessing that Stave expects this part of the old map to be reintroduced in the future or something.

Ah, I see okay. I was like HOLY CRAP I know I haven't been able to play for awhile but man how have I missed that much! Thanks for clearing this up for me Serica :)

~Danimal

Im mostly doing it to fill space, so it looks good, it would look pretty dull and empty if i just did a complete calypso map using only whats on the ingame map atm.

So i decided to merge the old VU9.4 map and the map now together to create a good looking world map for calypso, its the best guess we have for how the developers may or may not gradually develop calypso in the future.

It will be updated accordingly as Amethera gets expanded.

The source of the huge mass that isnt ingame is linked in the original posting, and once i launch the maps site and release this as a survival map to be used, it will come with a disclaimer explaning what all the stuff is that isnt included ingame :)

You have to admit tho, if your gonna do the whole one map for the entire planet thing, it does look better like this, than the alternitve :)

Last edited:
I totally agree. Though you could also fill the void with information or oldtimey sea-monsters and mermaids.

I totally agree. Though you could also fill the void with information or oldtimey sea-monsters and mermaids.

Have you seen how much space that is in full resolution?

You could probably fit an entire guide to eu in there, wouldnt look anywhere near as good tho...

Also, while doing this, i want to make the exsisting real map look as natural as possible, because as amethera stands, its all very square, unnatural and kinda ugly looking.

Yeah... and that way it still looks like continents are separating from each other instead of a collection of SL-Grids.

Nah, you're right... Though I'd still like a fancy compass rose somewhere. ^_^

Ok, next step in the work in progress preview, i have uploaded the latest version :)

In this change i have completely retextured eastern amethera using the map textures used on the ingame map, then edited to make it more unique, i will probably continue to tweak the area slightly, but this is the general thing. If you compare my version and the 9.4 version (source in opening post) you will notice i used it as a guide for my retexturing, and added a few changes, like the rivers, to make it fit in with the general style that has been used on amethera and eudoira.

Next step, doing the same for northern amethera, and adding the data to midway islands, then im done :)

Keep up the excellent work! ;-)

Oh! I see you added a compass rose. ^_^

Decided to go over eastern eudoria one last time to further improve quality, stay tuned :)

Thank you for your work Stave.I didn't know that Ametheria was so huge

Another update for you guys, thought id post another image of what the artists impression of eastern amethera is looking like.

I really am beginning to amaze myself at how good this is becoming...

Excellent job! It's really coming together!

Hmmm... just a thought. Maybe the artistically added Amethera could be grayed out in the "app" to avoid confusing new players? It looks great in the downloadable map though.

Back