Pictures and discoveries VU2011.3

Yea I wish I could run Calypso as well as develop systems but there simply isn't enough time. Perhaps I should be cloned? It would make the world a better place...

On the running Calypso front, any chance we can get a small bugfix release anytime soon to:
  • Fix the Gokibusagi wave mob counting
  • Ease graphics load in the new islands
  • Add TT values next to items in the mission token broker
  • Add some UL items that exists but are not orderabel to the auction orderable list

As an example 5 tokens to kill 50 high level thorio / thorifoids is NOT the same cost or effort as to go somewhere and find 5 orange dots. In case 1 the cost per token is 10 PED (if you think about the cost it takes to kill the mobs vs. the net return), in case 2 the cost is virtually 0

There is one thing though: Once you've done the "scout" mission, you can't do it (same mission again), so there is a limit in how many tokens you can get that way (unless you're scamming-minded).

So let's say anyone can get 50 tokens easily, but then it stops there.

There is one thing though: Once you've done the "scout" mission, you can't do it (same mission again), so there is a limit in how many tokens you can get that way (unless you're scamming-minded).

So let's say anyone can get 50 tokens easily, but then it stops there.

I guess we could view this part as "generate income for low level players who have just sweating, stones and fruit as alternatives". Though really, they could run into problems early on, as the missions "The Allophyls" and "Robot commander" will not be doable by them.

I guess we could view this part as "generate income for low level players who have just sweating, stones and fruit as alternatives". Though really, they could run into problems early on, as the missions "The Allophyls" and "Robot commander" will not be doable by them.

For some rather obvious reason (=scamming risk), it's good if a 1 day player aren't able to do scouting missions and gain items which can be "sold".

Thats what I said... would make a wonderful bed warmer !!:laugh:

You wouldn't need a bed warmer in this place.

While doing really low-buget mining, I think I've somehow stumbled over the entrance to the Hussk cave, and I went all way through into this place:

Funny thing: sabakumas in the waves of The Pit (N of PA) count towards the "Hunters for hire" (Kill 100 creatures on western island). Might be useful for those who're too weak for Rextelums - either to kill them or to maneuver between them to kill the smaller mobs of the western island :)

I guess they count all over Calypso. Not sure, but seems the case for Allophyl as well.

Damn, im stuck with a mission,"The Black Box".
- Retrive the Black Box from the crashed Helicopter.

It should be somewhere E of Jameson's Reach.

Much appreaciate if someone helps me out :),
Take care

Last edited:
Damn, im stuck with a mission,"The Black Box".
- Retrive the Black Box from the crashed Helicopter.

It should be somewhere E of Jameson's Reach.

Much appreaciate if someone helps me out :),
Take care

Black box 38664, 60363, 145

There is a crashed helicopter SE of Jamesons Reach also, on a hillside, but it doesn't seem to be anything. When examining this helicopter watch out for fairly big rex:es.

I guess they count all over Calypso. Not sure, but seems the case for Allophyl as well.

Eastern island "kill whatever" missions, except Daikiba that have to be killed in the waves, have had mobs killed everywhere count. "Hunters for hire", however has not had a single kill registered so far despite the fact I have killed a couple of thousand molisk in the meanwhile.

stopped the 'kill em all', as felt random hunting for it was cheating, will continue when i'm back to the islands

Neither of these locations worked for me either :confused:

Doesnt work here either..

It suck as this is a chained mission .. and i cannot contiue

Anyone that completed this mission could please clarify if there was something special, that needed to be done?
Or is this a bug ?

gotta be a bug, did that mission while ago no problems just show up at 3 locations

Back