The weird things we believe or do in EU (but might be too ashamed to admit)

Cryte

Provider
Jess Renada Tylie
The weird things we believe or do in EU (but might be too ashamed to admit)

I know I can't be the only person who has little superstitions, or quirky things I do for luck. I realize that what I do has no direct effect on the game, and in most cases I draw conclusions based on coincidence, but I can't control myself. I also assume I'm not alone in this.. So here are my quirks, and yes they are moronic, but I can't stop. Some are luck related, some are just sort of .. well.. weird.

- When looting Cornundacauda, you always loot by clicking on the nose-horn. Always.
- You don't loot mobs while they are still in their falling animation. You let them get comfortable on the ground first, it's only polite. Politeness = Good Karma. Good Karma = Good Loot.
- If you find fruit/stones/dung on the ground, the area is hot. Drop a probe.
- If out hunting, and you find yourself suddenly surrounded by mobs (at least on 3 sides) the area is hot. Drop a probe, BEFORE killing any of the mobs in question. Obviously the gods are hiding a mega deposit under the area and the mobs are the guardians.
- Probe near water/mountaintops/etc. Any location that will give you a good screenshot when EntropiaTracker captures your global. Sunsets in the background are a plus.
- If you TP into an area, and see an abundance of mobs on your immediate radar (looking at you Notus) .. it means there hasn't been a huge amount of activity there recently. Obviously the loot has been piling up waiting for you, yay!
- Mobs in hard to reach places are, of course, hiding with their uberloots. They should be gotten to and killed at all costs.
- When viewing trends on EntropiaTracker, any mob that is up in percentages for looting/payouts obviously is hot and bleeding PEDs. Hunt those. :wise:
- When viewing trends on EntropiaTracker, any mob that is down in percentages for looting/payouts obviously is prepping for a big payout. Hunt those. :wise:
- If you probe and get a double hit, and both are within a few feet of you, you probe again. The radar that goes out from the probe stopped at the first deposits it hit, more could be out there. (this one might even have a grain of truth, and be somewhat logical *shrug*)

So, those are some of mine. Now I'm curious what the rest of you all do.

Also, please keep the flames and "obviously you're wrong that's impossible" comments to ourselves. The entire point of this is to laugh at ourselves, and perhaps pick up a few new quirks. :laugh:

When you log in, you always:
1) Sort skills according to skill points.
2) Switch inventory to Materials if hunting or crafting, Mined Resources if mining.
3) Flick right-ways through all the pages in the HoF list for 24 hours, viewing all once and then ending at Hunting if hunting, Mining if mining, Crafting if crafting.

Also, if you get a loot of over 5-10PED you have to close the loot window before resuming the hunt, otherwise you'll get a much lower chance for another one :laugh:

:bowdown: Good suggestions, no flames here!

Cheers
Bjorn

Also, if you get a loot of over 5-10PED you have to close the loot window before resuming the hunt, otherwise you'll get a much lower chance for another one :laugh:

:laugh: That reminds me that I must have the loot window closed before looting the next creature. The globals people post that have a loot window with all the loot from the entire hunt makes me twitch a bit :banghead:

- When viewing trends on EntropiaTracker, any mob that is up in percentages for looting/payouts obviously is hot and bleeding PEDs. Hunt those. :wise:
- When viewing trends on EntropiaTracker, any mob that is down in percentages for looting/payouts obviously is prepping for a big payout. Hunt those. :wise:
:lolup:

Similarly: mine in unpopular areas, as deposits have "built up."

very funny indeed :cool::lolup:

actually i find myself doing a few of the above things, too. :laugh:

when peds are low it's time to start watching auctions, and buying low markup furniture for the estates... Most of it will get TTed eventually, but it makes me think twice before I tt stuff since I put any wins up in the apartment, so I will have to go up the hill, up the televator, in to the apartment, and pick up the item and hit T to get to the revive, or just go back down the televator, etc. to TT it... Similar type of thing with all stackables... Put stackables in the apartment for the same reason... too tempting to TT something... same for weapons when you are not hunting, etc. Make sure to keep anything and everything as far away from touching the trade terminal as possible.

Various looting theories...
- entire mob spawn must be killed in one session... every single one of them in that immediate area. Any less just won't do.
- Sweating takes to long. I used to swunt with viper whip, and would go without armor and just heal naturally... unfortunately had to fap way too often since even a puny or several of them will kill you eventually if you have no armor and are taking the time to sweat them dry...back then I'd use whip when health bar on my avatar was below 25% to just kill em fast, and then go in to a killing spree, killing until the health bar was at 80% or higher natually healing and then switch to swunting again... That sweating just takes too long, better to just kill em all dead now. ;)
- When big globals hit, smaller ones will hit within seconds... because the huge losses that came from the big spenders that created those globals before the global hit is going to be fed to the folks further down on the food chain in this 'wave' of globals... so make sure to kill as fast as possible or get to a crafting machine as soon as possible if you see auktuma or buzz, etc. name show up on globals...
- Don't buy residue... You must obtain it yourself through crafting, hunting, etc. That way there's extra special luck when you craft with it.

Last edited:
When I login I immediately look at Hoflist and pick a mob who didn't hof big that day. Never ever helped me to get hof but it's just a habit I can't get rid of lol.

me me me

I have never had luck with this one. I might stop trying soon.

- Probe near water/mountaintops/etc. Any location that will give you a good screenshot when EntropiaTracker captures your global. Sunsets in the background are a plus.
I often try and move the camera around, hoping that if I global it'll be a good screen shot.

- Mobs in hard to reach places are, of course, hiding with their uberloots. They should be gotten to and killed at all costs.
One time in an event there was a low spawn and I climbed this mountain to kill one mob. Bam nice global that put me in good spot for the event.

- If you probe and get a double hit, and both are within a few feet of you, you probe again. The radar that goes out from the probe stopped at the first deposits it hit, more could be out there. (this one might even have a grain of truth, and be somewhat logical *shrug*)
I usually double drop and think it's not luck but more of a technique. The tower I found was a 3rd drop.

Here are some of the things I do

-I like to zoom out when looting mobs or crafting. The idea is that it zooms out when you global, so I want to make it as easy as possible for the system to work :) Also I just don't like the zoom out as much when it happens, so I try and be proactive

-I don't know if it counts, but I always leave at least 1pec on my ped card. Just seems not right to have 0.00

-A strong belief I have is that I can predict how the loot will be based on my loot windows. It's not based on any specifics. Just if I get a certain number of a certain oils, or different combinations. I think of it like reading tarot cards or something like that.

-When mining I try and visualize where I can "see" a mining claim to be. Like, oh it just seems like I can picture a claim marker being over there....

-Lately I think I won't get good loot after I depo until after the money has cleared through my bank. Like MA doesn't want me winning on money that they don't have 100% yet. (same reason you can't buy lottery tickets with a credit card)

-Finally, I think just doing things that it seems no one else is doing. Like if Atrox are hitting, then maybe I'll go to some crazy spot where atrox are, but it's remote or no one goes there, etc.

I have a Chinese lucky cat thing on my desk too. I can't say it it's helped or not, but he's cool.:smoke:

I always move the items around the crafting window after each attempt. I got the idea from pre Vu10 when the items use to automatically jump around after each attempt. guess i sort of got use to it, not that it seems to help much

All you say is true .. not that it actually works .. but I do it also .. so it must be true ..
In fact I bet we all have our little ways of doing things ...
But does it really matter ? NO .. that is what I think .. ... but I still do them .. lol

Things I do in EU but am not ashamed to admit.

Things I do in EU but am not ashamed to admit.

Using Jzar/Hunnirs on maxed sib weapons. Sounds crazy but I've been doing it for quite a while now & am comfortable using them on any kind of weapon, it's all the same to me really. Everyone ingame including ubers will think I'm crazy and probably laugh at me but I don't care. I'll carry on & do my own research.

I also like tiering TT stuff mainly for the cheap skilling involved :D. I've tiered a set of settler to almost tier 2 (6/7 pieces). Opalo tier 3, Herb box (tier 2), M2100 (tier 1.5) that's basically it for now & on second opalo.

- You don't loot mobs while they are still in their falling animation. You let them get comfortable on the ground first, it's only polite. not to be polite, just think the loot sever need some time to be ready ;D
-

guilty

Also, if you get a loot of over 5-10PED you have to close the loot window before resuming the hunt, otherwise you'll get a much lower chance for another one :laugh:.

guilty too

Also if I see an ore/enmatter global in chat and I am in an area with that resource, drope probe/bomb. cuz globals come in waves :laugh:

Obviously, you don't know how to play... you close the window after you get a lot of wool ( over 8 ped ) since wool means a global is imminent. :silly2:

I change clothes depending on whether I am crafting or out and about... my most insane thing imo :tongue2:

Sometimes I hunt Atrox.
Ok, I'll admit it. Me too!! :laugh:. Crazy I know right :rolleyes:? But I do it sometimes just to tease them for all those times they came and bite me in my early days. I knew I'd get you back atrox, now look at you :D. Just don't tell your daddy big A.Stalker :eyecrazy:. But I'll get him one day too so your family better watch out from facing extinction ;).

-I don't know if it counts, but I always leave at least 1pec on my ped card. Just seems not right to have 0.00

Actually i always leave 0,00 on ped card - system/lootius/balancing manager etc. see/thinks i am broke and reward me with nice HoF :)

Actually i always leave 0,00 on ped card

Ah yes, I always leave an even amount on the card, never any decimals :laugh:

when you tag a mob and dung pops up right next to you resist the temptation to pick it up , if you pick it up it means you accept ma's shit and your loot will be forever poo.

Ok, I'll admit it. Me too!! :laugh:. Crazy I know right :rolleyes:? But I do it sometimes just to tease them for all those times they came and bite me in my early days. I knew I'd get you back atrox, now look at you :D. Just don't tell your daddy big A.Stalker :eyecrazy:. But I'll get him one day too so your family better watch out from facing extinction ;).
Ah, yes! I remember when I as a newbie swam and ran and swam some more to get to the Itacha-TP. It was of course impossible for me to get to the TP 'cause of the darn Atroxes blocking my way, but a nice guy offered his help. I remember he had a Gremlin armor 'cause I was so fascinated that he could kill these bad ass-creatures, and when he told me how much Gremlin cost I was like "oooooooh!"

EU is never as fun as it is when you're a newbie.

Things I do,

Never keep ped on the card. MA is ocd that if it reads 0.00 you must depo. Do it to piss em off by making them keep checking your account status.

If I fund fruit or stones during a run I leave the area immediately as a minimum of 35 nrf in a row before getting back to II and III claims return is now garanteed should I stay.

If my soc mate Wizz is doing well, I am screwed. If he is doing poor, mine my ass off.

If I start at the beginning of a soc hunt we do well. If I join in the middle of one it instantly turns to shit.

Getting perception skill up garantees next thing is either an nrf or an nl.

Keeping more then 265 items in storage makes MA think you are prospering and loot returns start to decline.

Something I do/Something I believe. Scopes and lazers add to the loot% you pick up.
Mobs have loot pools by themselfs. If you get a HoF on one. Its time to leave it alone and pick a new mob.
You build your own loot pool so stay with a mob untill you have a large loot.

:laugh: That reminds me that I must have the loot window closed before looting the next creature. The globals people post that have a loot window with all the loot from the entire hunt makes me twitch a bit :banghead:

It does me too :lolup: I close it every time! I also think when I use TT melee knives and kill a mob,I don't get as much loot.:ahh:

While mining:
- Always face north
- Mine on colorful patches for higher MU claims.
- Don't run away from the probe. That way the system knows you are serious about mining and not just haphazardly dropping probes.

While hunting:
- Try to look your prey in the eye (or one of its eyes) while shooting. That way the mob knows you mean business and might even surrender loot before dying.

While falling:
- Turn and walk towards the cliff to show you intention was never to challenge gravity (i.e. Respect Gravity, yo!)

While running from mob
- Jump sideways and twist and turn. With any luck it will look comical enough for the mob to break down laughing.

While mining:
- Always face north
- Mine on colorful patches for higher MU claims.
- Don't run away from the probe. That way the system knows you are serious about mining and not just haphazardly dropping probes.

While hunting:
- Try to look your prey in the eye (or one of its eyes) while shooting. That way the mob knows you mean business and might even surrender loot before dying.

While falling:
- Turn and walk towards the cliff to show you intention was never to challenge gravity (i.e. Respect Gravity, yo!)

While running from mob
- Jump sideways and twist and turn. With any luck it will look comical enough for the mob to break down laughing.

LOL Nice ones, I chuckled :)

Great stuff!

I also mine in places that would have a nice screenshot for tracker.
Never leave the hunt loot window open.
More:
-when crafting expensive items, never set to auto craft.
-I imagine that loot keeps growing in the mobs, so i try to find a mob that is somewhere in a hole or a mountain and nobody ever saw it.
-Always try to kill a mob too strong, and keep teleporting back to go finish it.
-Mine in the places with the most dangerous mobs because the are guarding a uber. (and if you find it you cant get it, lol)

Thanks

Back