Miss Calypso 2012

Status
Thanks for a great event,

Last year we got to know which posistion we came for in each of the three catagories as well as the overall event, can you let the participents know this again this year?

Sasha

GZ to the winners:beerchug:

Just watched the video and am a bit confused about one of the winner's outfits. I thought it was supposed to be Lingerie/swimsuit and she had on a full outfit(Skirt and shirt). Unless the video is not showing her at the right time in the event.:scratch2:

Just checked video again and she has full outfit on during lingerie/swimsuit part since she had different outfit for first part. Kind of confused about this.

(Added screen shots from the video)
yes I too get confused about what to wear in lingerie round... i wish it would be more clear.

Just watched the video and am a bit confused about one of the winner's outfits. I thought it was supposed to be Lingerie/swimsuit and she had on a full outfit(Skirt and shirt). Unless the video is not showing her at the right time in the event.:scratch2:

Just checked video again and she has full outfit on during lingerie/swimsuit part since she had different outfit for first part. Kind of confused about this.

(Added screen shots from the video)

I wasnt going to post till later as busy in RL but would just like to let you know this is my underwear round(below) I have no idea who took the vid have not had time to watch will do later!

I will be back later to post all my outfits! gl :tongue2:

That shot with the skirt in the vid was taken after the competition was over and the contestants came out on the catwalk - Loren was the first one out and that's that shot. She wasn't wearing that during the underwear round (I was standing here watching her so can vouch for that!).

WOOHOO, gratz to our own fashion Goddess Ms. Loren!!:yay: Way to rock it girl!! Sorry I missed it but real life parties and all...you know how that goes:eyecrazy:. Hugs!

Lexi

WOOHOO, gratz to our own fashion Goddess Ms. Loren!!:yay: Way to rock it girl!! Sorry I missed it but real life parties and all...you know how that goes:eyecrazy:. Hugs!

Lexi

Thanks Lexi im still im shock! had a hangover from hell too almost didnt make it :silly2:

Thanks everyone for the congrats may the loots be with you! :tongue2:

Hugs
Loren.

I wasnt going to post till later as busy in RL but would just like to let you know this is my underwear round(below) I have no idea who took the vid have not had time to watch will do later!

I will be back later to post all my outfits! gl :tongue2:

Okies. :)

Standing in line in back barely able to keep from crashing makes it hard to see what is going on out on the catwalk. :girl:

Still curious why the shirt can be worn but at least the skirt was off.

As I said before I knew when I joined I wasn't going to win but would be nice if the rules are clarified better for next year. Will try not to crash when I am about to do my walk next time if I join. :laugh:

Grats again Loren, you have some very nice outfits. :yup:

Thx TJ for organizing this in the spirit of Singular :girl:

Thanks for all who joined in, was a great event and seen lots of awesome outfits!

Big congratulations to our new Miss: Loren :wtg:
and also big gratz to Zunami, Seryse and Kristen for the follow-up places :yup:

oh and many thx to all who posted pics and the great video!!!

congratz

Almost lost it this weekend when my ISP refused me to get online/ingame..
Could barely send a mail not being able to come to the catwalk

I am on my neighbors network but this tele2 versatel provider sukxs bigtime..

I hope everyone had a good time, congratz to the winners!!!
Nice work on hosting and organizing the event True Juan!

Regards,
Singular

Singular Events and Cz-Sk Crows with the sponsorship of Calypso Development Team present:
The 8th annual Miss Calypso Fashion event, the longest running fashion event of Entropia Universe

Saturday the 10th of December 2011 at the New Oxford Catwalk

To enter this event, just sign up on this thread or PM me, and you will be added. There is no entry fee but we would like to welcome only serious contesters.

40 participants may join the event (25 minimum)

Judging will be done by a few people(4 or 5), who know they're stuff about fashion, and will hopefully judge this event fairly.

The event starts at 20:00 MA time, participants should be backstage 19:30.

The 3 styles are as always:

1. Casual dress

2. Full Metal Gear (at least 4 armor pieces)

3. Bathing suit / cheap lingerie

During the show-off on the catwalk you can add an extra touch to your style with items, emotes etc. This will make a slight impact on the overall impression

Calypso Development Team will sponsor with 3 prizes this year:

1. Queens Sceptre + Evening Gown

2. Pitbull mk1 (L) + Valkyrie mk2 (L)

3. Pitbull mk1 (L)

Also there will be a special Prize of the Crows which will be given to someone that made a huge impression in one of the 3 styles.(The prize will be given to someone who has not placed in TOP3)

Register now on this thread to participate, you will be contacted with more infomation as we get closer to the date of the event.

Contesters list:
1. Alaina Bonnie Scotia
2. SashaSD Sash Lomas
3. Sakura SEXY Queen
4. Sue Suzy Timbrell
5. Kobar Kobar Bar
6. Seryse Rysie Destiny
7. Loren Lorry Potter
8. Black Woman Magic
9. Dark Zunami Angel
10. Jenn-AgentPink Nifer
11. Nelly Nel Nulipulser
12. Kara RavenJade Summerwind
13. Kristin Max Marx
14. Lisa Ly Ericson
15. RectaFire Saesanga Gomgaek
16. Talania Tal Indigo
17. Gickstery Gick Gickstar
18. jealia lovelace lee
19. Tiger Lilly Blue
20. Mn Kitty Kat
21. ea aia nou
22. Royal Firefox Diamond

Host of the event will be Singular since he has been doing this for many years.
We hope to see you there :)

Singular and True Juan :bandit:

Note: Special thanks to CZ Jane CZ for the header of Miss Calypso 2012 :)

© Singular Events (Since 2003)​
When will be the Miss Calypso 2013 will happen. I would love to watch the event as I missed last year. Waiting for reply. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Cant work out if this is a play on words or just a happy accident :laugh::scratch2:

Word play, that's for you to interpret:)
The choice of words promotional fun :)

* Bump *

As Mr/Miss calypso is one of the big events (next to WoF), it would be cool if it would be possible to (re-)start it.

Would it be interesting to start it even without MA special prizes?

(I don't intend to "take over" it, I just thought it would be fun to get it started)

* Bump *

As Mr/Miss calypso is one of the big events (next to WoF), it would be cool if it would be possible to (re-)start it.

Would it be interesting to start it even without MA special prizes?

(I don't intend to "take over" it, I just thought it would be fun to get it started)

holy shit the nekro :D

but yes restarting the event seems like a fun idea.

The fashion part in this game is near death. Also noone take care about furniturs.

We should have a reward system, when we use furniture or fashion. otherwise ppl give out money for ammo and probs, what give more sense.

But how to make this reward system? Here comes the creative part from us player to tell MA. What could be a reward for this things?

One Idea could be for cloths. when you wear some cloths, other than the basic orange, you get clothing point.
This clothing points give you some boost in other things like a bit more stamina or more prodect or some thing like that.
More expensive cloths and colored or textured cloths give more points, depend on the colour and texture, and type of cloth.

When you wear a colored make up mask, you get also a boost in some thing. When you change hair you get a boost for 1 day, also when you change the face or body.

Furniture system:
For this we should get some thing extra also.
1. when we own a apartment or shop. (Is done, we get more gifts, or we can use the ad terminals in game)
2. when we use items in apartment it should give a reward too, but no idea about that yet. Maybe you have one?

3. one big furniture event per year, like the miss entropia was. Sponsored by MA. At least they get cash when ppl upgrade furniture or fashion, so no problem to spend a yearly prize for such contests. It is in the boat from MA to improve such things like furniture or fashion!

Well all looks barby style these days, armors look like plastic things.
Its not old days.

Well all looks barby style these days, armors look like plastic things.
Its not old days.

They could slow down the specular map effect at some 3d models like character, so it looks less plastic.

Wish someday this event to return :yup:

All those suggestions from Trance are very nice and cool and I agree 100%.
But what about animations?
What is this with Entropia??? some kind of curse or something?
Why we don't have more animations? Why a female avatar is forced to walk or behave like....transvestite???
Why we can't hug each other or give a Hi5? :mad:

I don't want to mention dances or other gestures, I don't wanna be ...hilarious with "scifi" wishes

Last edited:
Wish someday this event to return :yup:

All those suggestions from Trance are very nice and cool and I agree 100%.
But what about animations?
What is this with Entropia??? somekind of curse or something?
Why we don't have more animations? Why a female avatar is forced to walk or behave like....transvestite???
Why we can't hug each other or give a Hi5? :mad:

I don't want to mention dances or other gestures, I don't wanna be ...hilarious with "scifi" wishes

The answer must be money. Motion capturing is expensive. But I'm sure some day we will have more realistic and more animations. Just give it a time.

Historically this event was hosted by Singular.
The event got hijacked by BS promoters.

The answer must be money. Motion capturing is expensive. But I'm sure some day we will have more realistic and more animations. Just give it a time.

Motion capturing is not that expensive as many think. You get cheaper software now, and cams cost not much.
the problem is more the time it use to animate the character rig, also when you have motion capture, you have to prepair and edit the BVH file to be game ready. That is the point, where MA is saving cash, they just not invest time in that. An example: it only would need one animation to give us sitting at floor back plus a few code to implement that in the client site. but they don't.

I'm agree, a lot more animation would improve the game feeling much.

My self and a few like minded fashionistas did propose to help organise / support this event a year or so ago, but unfortunately the talks were slightly abortive, and we didnt get very far.

I would love to give my time to this, if we decide to resurrect. :)

My self and a few like minded fashionistas did propose to help organise / support this event a year or so ago, but unfortunately the talks were slightly abortive, and we didnt get very far.

I would love to give my time to this, if we decide to resurrect. :)

MA really should focus at this and spend a hug prize for miss univers (Entropia). This would make ppl to invest time and money in fashion.

I dont play much, since fashion is death and no one will have nice make up. In times where ppl don't have much cash, they more use it for ammo and gear. So what we need is a hug yearly prize for fashion and also for furnitures, so some ppl get fun to join that events.

The prize MA is spend, cost noting, when you think that a lot ppl invest money in cloths then. And a hug prize will participate a lot ppl to this event.

The nice side effect would be, that MU for colors and tool for fashion climp up, and hunters get more for the loot.
Crafters and fashion services would get work also.

I really think it is in the hand of MA to improve such things and get ppl interested for fashion and furniture.

A reward system must be, so that this system not only is for the *wow" effect. We should get rewarted when we use it and invest time and cash.

Hope some understand what i try to say :)

Come on, according to Kim it took 2 minutes too put gangnam style dance in EU. They can surely make more don't you think ?

New Pets animations could made them busy, but they had 5 years for that so fuck it ain't excuse.

Why not every planet have a such event, and then the 5 winner of every planet contest are member of the big Miss Universe contest. If we revive this event, it coude be new ruls also.

Every planet make one miss planet event, and then at the end of the year we get the big Miss univers event. Every member of the fashion event can only be part of one planet contest. The fife winner of every planet then join the Miss Universe event.

Just an idea.

Status
Back