Mister Calypso 2012

Hello there, greetings from Atlas Haven Radio, Here's the youtube link the the Mister Calypso Competition made by Cuilwen Evey.

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/8j4OBC1sgsQ

Thx for the video :D

well there is my swim / hit&run outfit that wasn't judged. lol Amazing he caught me with such clarity :ahh:

Lol.. your lack of effort really paid off bro,

Im happy I got the new 4th place award, thats all, I tried very very hard for first category to match my outfit with my name and colors... even down to my utility belt lol. And found armor URSA that matched same otorugi colors. But i was lacking on underwear.

Olive and pixie was kinda weak for even freyr and some tshirt and hat from RT for underwear? who wears a hat for bed?

Who wears a chilli sombrero, who wears a rancher hat, who wears a feodora, who wears a hero mask, who takes a flamethrower to bed.... ?

Good lord people, are you actually reading what u are writting? Check out all the other guys, not just the one.

Well maybe the judges should pay attention the the event they are judging... then they wouldnt miss an entire contestant's performance.... that says its a fail on the judges part for not paying attention.

And who are you to judge my performance, isn't that what you hired a team of attentive individuals for? The point was to be sneaky and entertaining. I think you need to make sure you have your shit together before attempting to host an event with a prize such as an UnL weapon. I am just thankful there were SOME people there recording and paying attention to the event, because apparently the people you chose weren't.

Maybe the contestant should stay on the stage next time. (And as Ive said in the beginning, you need to make 3 stops, so the judges can have enought time to judge the details)

(Rewatched your performance on video, still think the judges made a good decision, and they did see you, you landed right into them.)

Maybe YOU get your stuff together next time, and make it simple, clean and follow instructions.

P.s. Dont lie that your 3rd outfit wasnt judged, you did receive scores for it - just the amount you deserved.

Who wears a chilli sombrero, who wears a rancher hat, who wears a feodora, who wears a hero mask, who takes a flamethrower to bed.... ?

I wore a sombrero with my "Swimsuit" in an attempt for a sun hat in Miss Calypso. That part of the event isn't just lingerie or underwear.:tongue2:

btw Grats to the winners.:)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Calypso-2012&p=2858525&viewfull=1#post2858525
^ then why havent you posted results yet?

Good lord people, are you actually reading what u are writting? Check out all the other guys, not just the one.

Maybe the contestant should stay on the stage next time. (And as Ive said in the beginning, you need to make 3 stops, so the judges can have enought time to judge the details)

(Rewatched your performance on video, still think the judges made a good decision, and they did see you, you landed right into them.)

Maybe YOU get your stuff together next time, and make it simple, clean and follow instructions.

P.s. Dont lie that your 3rd outfit wasnt judged, you did receive scores for it - just the amount you deserved.

All it takes to judge an outfit is write down a score... if i was judging this competition and didnt see an outfit, i would ask to see them again before i made a score.... but i guess i just have a thing for doing things right, my bad.

and just because i land in front of them and move around doesnt mean they saw me... if i had the fps that some of the other viewers / ?judges? had, i probably would have missed it too.

and my stuff was together, my outfits turned out as planned, my runs went as planned, my shit was together... and if your judges did a better job, maybe the outcome would be different.

I didnt get to view the performances of the contestants as i was backstage, but what i saw there and what i heared on the radio there were alot of very nice styles and performances put together.
Grats to the winners (exspecially Zal as i was so close to go for that emerald coat look myself and visited Summers shop several times rethinking what i could match to it if i did, very nicely put together :) ) and a huge thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to show up for the event and make it fun - contestants, spectators, organizers.

A special thanks goes to True Juan for putting it all so well together :)

And to Alaina, cause without you i wouldnt have signed up this year already ;-)

Oncy slept through it cause he's a dum-dum slacker. :(

yet your in the video impersonating freyr :)

looks like magam, freyr and onciest as far as i can tell are on the wrong person in that video
or the wrong names are on the stills earlier in the thread.

Must be a pain when you spend time making an event and people get all bent out of shape over
the results. Some of those clothes looked crap and some looked great, but that's to me, to others the crap ones look great and vice versa.

I like the pixie as it showed you dont have to spend a bucketload to look good, even a newer player can get a decent look and i like cerb's harry potter look hehehe.

Good on you people for putting on events and giving players somethign to look forward to.

Last edited:
I like the pixie as it showed you dont have to spend a bucketload to look good, even a newer player can get a decent look

+1 : This Pixie idea was really nice and good, people never had such idea i think and the result was perfect for low peds. Thats true that compared to people who spent time and money it is hard to understand, but sometimes simple ideas are the best.

i was just curious, u say judges but each contestant has one score per catagory. makes it look like one judge. or is there diff judge for each catagory?

i was just curious, u say judges but each contestant has one score per catagory. makes it look like one judge. or is there diff judge for each catagory?

Score consists of 4 judges, 10 points from each judge, meaning MAX in one category is 40.

May I know the what criterias that is used in judgement like looks, color blendness, type and rarity of color and textures, tt value of cloth, popularity maybe :confused: or etc....?

:cool:

Dumber and dumber
To that I say you slacker...
oops I was late an hour eeeeeeeek
attachment.php

View image in gallery

I feel bad for Nightmare to not have won since we both were in the HE MAN 2011 and saw what we saw...

I told I wont join the next one (2012), since it's really hard to win if you don't put lots of money in it. It almost is clear to know who wins or comes to top 3 each year. So maybe only 3 ava's can join next year? :D

I must say Fryer's casual was amazing. Unbeatable, but the undies + armor ones could have been beaten since there was some good ones out there.

Gl on the next one ;)

i know i posted this in the other mr caly 2012 post, wasn't paying attention to this one, thought it was dead, so just posting here, not to cause problems, but to give people more ideas of how to input, or build off of the he-man competition, and see if anyone else has good ideas of how to improve on a good event for the people...so here's my book lol...

"Ok...little behind the game, took the time to think instead of banter blindly...not a sore loser, people have to win and people have to lose, good for people to lose and also win given what situation is given to one person at a given time, but anywho...*stands on my soapbox*

1. who exactly were the judges?...In every miss/mister calypso *i've* seen atleast there have been judges whom we all know are judging the participants in the event. It's VERY shady given that this year no judges were and or have been named, even after the fact. If this is due to people complaining, moaning, fingerpointing, slander, etc. then grow thicker skin, both the recievers of the words, and the givers...nicest way I can explain it due to regulations of the forum. Atleast with knowing the judges, we know what to expect/not expect within the ramifications, of votes not being able to be pulled, to give the participents better peace at mind that EVERYONE will be judged in the most suitable way possible (and if anyone thinks that judges could be bought by knowing...DON'T HAVE THAT JUDGE, JUDGE!!! It just isn't sitting well with anybody I have spoken too asking in an upbeat manner of how they enjoyed the event, since this was my first year participating, I wasn't exactly sure how people respond to these types of events, and enjoyed feedback of how they felt about my look (vain moment) and everybody elses (other people looked stunning also) and one of the things that stuck out was, not sitting well that judges were not announced (amongst other things, but people will cry in anything in entropia, and I didn't agree with it...waste of words)...so anywho

2. what exactly are we being judged on? yes I know....may sound dumb...clothes....BUT, there seems to be much much more going on then the blindness of it just being a "clothing event"...It is and looks much more complex then just dressing an avatar and walking....are we judged on something we wear all the time? not all of us in game can afford to buy new clothes for these events... where freyr showed that it CAN be a budget event wearing his pixie, and matched colored mastercoat, why do I feel that it is more of a "new summer lineup clothing" then a "what looks good, and is presented well" event. What sub-categories are we being judged on? where there is always 1 major category for judging, they're MUST be a sub-category so minor details aren't missed...not exploited...I feel that some participants looked better, and carried themselves well enough...where in real life with judging, people are judged on how they carry themselves and their outlook,emotion,fanfare, etc. while, yes they are avatars and we can only do so much, we are given enough emotes in game, items, postures, and so on, to give our ava's enough of a "unique" style, compared to our co-participants we are with in the event with...I don't feel that it was judged on, how intricate something was on somebodies outfit, or how certain textures/colors meshed, or collided with eachother...or wasn't judged on contrast of 1 field, vs another, or how different items were used for different categories, or how the same item was used in all categories... or if another avatar used same items as someone else in events...so what...other avatars used them differently, it may make it boring and bland, more than understandable, we all want to see different things in this event, but with how many people there were, and how secretive people can be, it's more then bound to happen, since it constantly does. In real life, when you go into a pageant, or singing contest, or dress contest etc. YOU know, what you're getting yourself into and being judged for...form, character, wardrobe, sound, pitch, tone, figure, colors, style, and the list goes on...we only know what we have to wear...and I find it very unfit and unprofessional if we are judged by wearing something all the time, or if its new or not....plain and simple, if it looks good, it looks good...or if its borrowed clothing, some clothes look better on certain ava's then others, same with real life, theres ALOT i look horrible in lol... also if judging is missing certain details that somebody worked very hard on, and may have been overlooked...we were all given a spreadsheet, so this wasn't to be overlooked...we were given it just about a day before the event which might have been rough for people that don't check their account all the time, but I found this to be a step in the right direction...whether we are given credit about it, is another story because.....we simply aren't told of what we are being judged on...and by how the event is laid out, all it sounds like it is what we wear...so tell me how you only judge by that broad subject, because my response would be "clothes, and armor" ...doesn't leave much for the mind to work on...

3. I don't feel that people that have won the event before, should be able to participate again...while speculation of other people joining again, or the matter of people joining again, for both mister, and miss... shouldn't be an option, why do you need 2 sceptres or clothes? Especially when some of these won objects are for sale at the moment (while I agree we are free to deal with these items as we see fit, due to it being ours, and free rights and all that jazz...) with wanting to join again, it becomes an ego march, and takes it away from somebody that is cherishing it for the prizes given for the sake of wanting to own and name ours, when we all have worked hard on it. If you win once and wanna sell it...sure...knock yourself out i say...but why give them that fortune again? It detracts from the specialness of the event, and the professional thought posted behind what goes on to make this happen as the years pass. A lot of the people that enter these events, put a lot of emotional properties behind their outfit/armor designs used on their avatars, and even if they lost, i'm very confident that they would be more comfortable if they lost fairly, where everything was stream lined, and the person that won, won it out of striving, and putting those "blood, sweat, and tears" into the making of what made them win this event, rather then somebody winning, who has already won in the past, and isn't even going to really hold onto what they earned through their hard work they grasped on the prior year they entered and won the event. it's a yearly event, somebody won, they won...good job...now lets move on gawkers...it's not a crime scene...if they feel they need to have the right to win again, throw an event every 3 or 4 years, between the previous winners for those 3 or 4 years, run a seperate hard worked program that has more ideas, rougher judges, but make it fair to everyone who wants in...yes, we are all winners for trying, we all had fun participating in what we did, and it IS hard going out there even if it is an ava, i HATE publicity...but it isn't much fun when you feel that your hardwork was all for the not. It takes away from the glam and limelight of the event which we look forward to.

4. While stating all these personal opinons and matters I find should be worked harder and or less, I will not be participating in this event next year. I feel that it would be highly rude of me, and would cause much unrest amongst all the participants, and feel that I won for moaning and questioning the methods forced behind the event of mr. calypso. People would most likely think it was rigged and I wasn't judged properly on what the true meaning of the event is. I agree, I don't think I would be either...to be blunt, I simply don't have enough faith in the judges to do their jobs properly, and judge for what should be judged, instead of pushing aside all personal conflicts, of liking or disliking a certain avatar in game. A judge wouldn't care about what the person has said to the avatar in the past, whether there was a minor altrication, or a high deal of praise in a trade, or helping someone out. It shouldn't sway somebodies ideas behind the outcome of a participant. And, I don't even know who the judges were, so I am stating my opinion blindly and not attacking anybody directly.

...as I did find other flaws, or questioning matters, I trust that somehow they will won't go overlooked, and next year will be basically completely overhauled, so that all the participants enjoy their time, or have a chance at enjoying their time, instead of feeling robbed, or misjudged...It's not my job...I just want everybody to enjoy what they put their time into in this game, as time wasted, can never be re-attained.

*steps off my soapbox*

Thankyou in the time put forth in reading my content, I only hope that is helpful and will change, and or open the eyes of this event, and how it is put into action...everything is detail..."

I agree we need to know exactly what our points are for thier needs to be sub categories to judge on and we need to know ahead of time. if everyone sees exactly what they got thier points for they can work on that category for the next year.

I have a question:
what would u as contestant like to be judged on?

Opinions and Suggestions

I already answered to your post in the results thread. I've read your post a few times, maybe you could read my reply :)

I agree we need to know exactly what our points are for thier needs to be sub categories to judge on and we need to know ahead of time. if everyone sees exactly what they got thier points for they can work on that category for the next year.

Not to be rude, but, when you TIED with Zumi on 1st/2nd place I did not see you demand a better judging system... :scratch2: Seems like people want better system just when they place under TOP3. Just sayin...

I have a question:
what would u as contestant like to be judged on?

THIS is actually a good question :wise:

You didn't answer or even touch base on *any* of my content...nothing was answered, you were talking about how you put money into the event, which is good on you, very good for an event organizer to put his own time and money into something he wants to succeed, but none of the pressing matters were brought up in any way shape or form. Instead a very well worded tangent was produced to dodge around the content.

I reposted it in this thread, not for you, but, as stated for the other viewers to see. So that if they have any ideas, questions, comments, they may feel more comfortable and inclined to put in their opinion to help and try and better it...which has happened, kobar presented a well thought out question, and jenn posted her concerns also on who the judges were...which is STILL a mystery and seems to be the #1 blunder here, along with what we are judged upon...

Also people can still rant if they are produced in the top3....*waves hand* I've done it, after going through stuff, then realizing and hitting that hypathetical brick wall of "wait a minute..." If something isn't right...it just isn't right, clean and cut. No other way to explain it. It's just a matter of, can you detatch yourself from a situation to not make it a "me me me" and sit back and go "what about them" because everyone works hard, we all saw it shown in the event. Just too shady for my liking is all. and jumping/dodging, statements, questions, opinions doesn't seem to be helping or giving people closure so they can all work on how to better on this instead of dwell...just put it out there, pull the band-aid off...nothing seems to be getting settled

Not to be rude, but, when you TIED with Zumi on 1st/2nd place I did not see you demand a better judging system... :scratch2: Seems like people want better system just when they place under TOP3. Just sayin...

If Jen tied with zunami last year this is the first I've heard about it.... I think what she is upset about.. and not to talk for her but the judging system did seem a bit messed up this year when there were prizes for the top four... Agent Pink had the exact same score as the person put in the fourth place spot... if they were tied..why did that make Jen 5th place..and if so.. who got to decide that her exact score put her at fith instead of fourth? if it was tied..shouldn't the fourth place prize been split?

It's stuff like that that makes things seem shady in my opinion.
Not knowing who the judges are...there are pros and cons... but the biggest cons is it leaves doubt in people's minds.

why were they judges? what do they do in entropia that make them qualified to judge others on their fashion?

In real life pagents, you can't be a contestant if you are related or affilated with a judge... so I think really the best solution is for the mind ark officals to judge it so that it can be unbiased. Or at least that would be the hope.

You know True i am very hurt and offended that you think just becuase i didnt get in top 3 that that is the only reason i put in put into judging for next year.. if i was soo worried about getting into top 3 i wouldnt have advertised for 3 weeks in twin.. i got 6 or 7 girls to join.. i try to help out as much as i can with this event becuase i love fashion and this event. All i am saying is if u have sub categories to judge on in each round like Originality,textur/color matching, thier walk, over all look,make up it would give the judges things to look for that they may not see otherwise. it also would show the girls what they need to work on for the next year when u post thier points for each category.

Where I agree with Cerb & RavenJade, rules about who's judging, what they judge and why should be more clear for everyone.

I also have to say that TJ has been trying to do his best to please all, wich unfortunately is impossible.
If TJ wouldn't have taken it upon himself to hold the event this year, there wouldn't have been one since previous organizer doesn't even bother to login anymore.
For this, thanks TJ.

That being said I think it would be good for future events to lay down a new set of rules and guidelines.
So all future contestants know what they will be judged upon.
Judging is very unrewarding, since a judge will never do it right for everyone.
I did it once (Miss CND) and while I think we had a good system. it wasn't perfect but it could be a good base to start.
Everyone saw & knew who was judging, wich is important for the contestants and public opinion.
Every judge had his/her own area of expertise wich they judged. ofcourse also here not everyone agreed on the decisions made.

I think in the entropia playerbase isn't big enough to be able to find someone that knows their game and isnt related/affiliated with any of the contestants in any way.
However, I trust that everyone is mature enough to honestly say what they think and grade appropriately.

I already said I wouldn't join next event (however I do think anyone can join the event, no matter what place they finished last time) so I am available for judging and for sure am ready to brainstorm about how to make the event better and improve experience for all.

hrm

I agree with agent pink.

-JIAN

so I think really the best solution is for the mind ark officals to judge it so that it can be unbiased. Or at least that would be the hope.

nice idea

I also have to say that TJ has been trying to do his best to please all, wich unfortunately is impossible.
If TJ wouldn't have taken it upon himself to hold the event this year, there wouldn't have been one since previous organizer doesn't even bother to login anymore.
For this, thanks TJ.

That being said I think it would be good for future events to lay down a new set of rules and guidelines.
So all future contestants know what they will be judged upon.
Judging is very unrewarding, since a judge will never do it right for everyone.
I did it once (Miss CND) and while I think we had a good system. it wasn't perfect but it could be a good base to start.
Everyone saw & knew who was judging, wich is important for the contestants and public opinion.
Every judge had his/her own area of expertise wich they judged. ofcourse also here not everyone agreed on the decisions made.

Yes thank you TJ

Fantastic idea - Lets comeup with a system!!!

Id like to apologize to AgentPink for being rude (kinda stressed these days... exams at school).
I dont have the time to reply to specific posts, but I will in about a week or so.

Later I will also make a thread where everyone can post their ideas on how to improve the event. I hope we can think of something together so it can be fair, and the host and judges dont have to feel bad after the event.

Till then,
TJ:bandit:

P.S. I asked Justin if they would judge the event, but I did not get an answer. (When I was discussing the judges with him in e-mail before the events took place)

i purchased the set for my one shopkeeper on my land area # 2 Atrox Paradise. Because my plans are to host events, it is in my best intrest to have my shopkeeps dressed snappy and classy:

20180719_164549.jpg

As we have the necro now, how about a actual Mr/Mrs Calypso event, to boost some ingame fashion ?

Back