Rebalance MindForce Implants!

Awesomebumps :cool:

Yes hunting bigger monsters with the new chips will be possible, the Cryogenic attack XX does some really cool damage...

Just a couple of questions about the naming of the new chips that Remontoire brought up during a discussion about the subject ingame:

1) Will new chips actually have the same generic names (Attack Chip X, Attack Chip XIV, etc) like the current chips, or will they have new names?
2) Are current chips all generic for all planets? (I know they drop on RockTropia at least)
3) Will new chips be generic for all planets? (it would be a bit confusing if they all had the same name "series" but some were Calypso-only while others were generic)
4) Will we ever see any chips released from Chikara, Genesis Star, Omegaton, etc or do these companies focus on other products than MF chips? :silly2:

Just a couple of questions about the naming of the new chips that Remontoire brought up during a discussion about the subject ingame:

1) Will new chips actually have the same generic names (Attack Chip X, Attack Chip XIV, etc) like the current chips, or will they have new names?
2) Are current chips all generic for all planets? (I know they drop on RockTropia at least)
3) Will new chips be generic for all planets? (it would be a bit confusing if they all had the same name "series" but some were Calypso-only while others were generic)
4) Will we ever see any chips released from Chikara, Genesis Star, Omegaton, etc or do these companies focus on other products than MF chips? :silly2:

The new chips in that series all have that kind of names, this is to help make it easier to to know which ones you can use since there are so many of them.
However according to some recent rumors, Genesis Star are planning to make their way into the Mindforce business, launching several new series of Combat oriented chips.:yup:
The current Mindforce chips are indeed available for all planets, as for the new chips this has yet to be decided.

The new chips in that series all have that kind of names, this is to help make it easier to to know which ones you can use since there are so many of them.

Ah that makes sense I guess... but if there are company-related they will be named after the company right?

However according to some recent rumors, Genesis Star are planning to make their way into the Mindforce business, launching several new series of Combat oriented chips.:yup:

Any news on when Genesis will show their prototypes to the public? :silly2:

Will they release prototypes for testing first? :yay:

Which types of combat chips does the rumor say they are going to go for? Regular types of combat chips? Combat chips of the current type but with secondary effects (like dmg-over-time fire chips or electrochips which causes spasms in the victim)? Buffs? :yup:

The current Mindforce chips are indeed available for all planets, as for the new chips this has yet to be decided.

Please keep certain content Calypso only. It helps everyone in the long run as the universe grows in different directions and attracts different people.

Since you're working on new chips with roman numeral style names, think you could add a space (blank / " ") character after them, and current chips? It'd let people search for "Chip Name I " without results turning up "Chip Name II & Chip Name III & Chip Name IV & Chip Name IX... ect."

Not a bid deal, but it'd be nice.

Since you're working on new chips with roman numeral style names, think you could add a space (blank / " ") character after them, and current chips? It'd let people search for "Chip Name I " without results turning up "Chip Name II & Chip Name III & Chip Name IV & Chip Name IX... ect."

Not a bid deal, but it'd be nice.

Just write "Chip I (L)" instead? :)

Just write "Chip I (L)" instead? :)
Well, That'd work for the (L) chips but not for UL chips. :tongue2:

Actually, it'd be more useful for enhancers, since they aren't listed with (L)... but this thread brought it to mind. ;)

Well, That'd work for the (L) chips but not for UL chips. :tongue2:

true, but at the moment there really arent many unl chips to filter :laugh:

if more unl. attack chips of the new type (unl versions of the L chips) are added I hope they are named "Second Gen" to really highlight the difference compared to earlier :)

Woohoo, can almost use all chips upto VIII so far, looking forward to the new ones so I can start bigger regen mobs down the track with them :)

Woohoo, can almost use all chips upto VIII so far, looking forward to the new ones so I can start bigger regen mobs down the track with them :)

Same, maxed all (L) chips except 1-2 pyro I think... a rebalancing of implants to be more fair would certainly help convince me of upgrading my gear tho, any news on this Charlie? Kim? ;)

This all looks exciting. Higher level chips XX versions will be cool. We already have quite a variety of Limited chips, KIm I hope we see a few of the Unlimited versions drop soon.

Also are there plans to fix the First Gen UL Combustive chips, Ie Level V chip. being Level 0.5 Pyro yet still not maxed at level 34????

Bumping this post, hoping Kim or Charlie will happen to see it and "accidently" drop us a preview, info or something :silly2:

Thank you MindArk for doing this, and thanks to Charlie as well for his involvement :beerchug:

The new chips are indeed able to compete with the weapons of other professions with similar level requirements, and maxing the XX chips will keep you busy long past level 60. :)

I am also considering making a few new kinds of attack chips which may be usefull in some situations.

Yes hunting bigger monsters with the new chips will be possible, the Cryogenic attack XX does some really cool damage...

sorry to necro!

BUT WHEN THE HECK ARE THESE COMING???? its been almost 2 years since they were mentioned!

Back