FYI: Info from Kim (MA Official Supremacy) ingame!

George is right that Buzz is the bestplace for official information.

But it would also bebad if all MA communications went through Buzz. But some of this surely could have gone through Buzz ... like new UL items being in side the Bosses, and what Kim is working on next.

Sometimes in life you gain an advantage by being in the right place at the right time. Some of the players who took part in this event heard this conversation. So until this conversation was posted players who took part in an event and in general were playing the game may have gotten a slight advantage. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Well there really isn't any info in there that could be used to gain any real advantage so...

Besides, there were like 100 people present so the info would probably have spread somehow anyway :dunno:

This pretty much sums it up.

Folks want more interaction, but then when there's interaction they make noise about it possibly being used unfairly, resulting in less interaction. :scratch2:

Will you people make up your minds? :laugh: Furthermore, would you be making as much of an issue of this had you been at the location? I wasnt there. Guess what. I dont care. This is completely inconsequential and ridiculously trivial.

Oh no! 15 UL items. Now the spawn is going to be camped.

It was going to be camped anyway the instant the first one dropped.

People were going to come to the boards asking HOW MANY and WHAT KIND? And they were going to be frustrated at not getting an answer or the answer they wanted. And were this info posted on the official blog people would have claimed insider knowledge regardless.

So Kim said something ingame about it in front of 100 people. So what?

To my mind it cannot be made if posted here:

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

George is right that Buzz is the bestplace for official information.

You have to remember tho, that the "Buzz" is for the MA platform while Kim works on the Calypso team, not for the platform, which means that his info being posted there would give Calypso an unfair advantage unless they also allowed team Arkadia, team Next Island and NDS to post there :eek:

Why should anything be secret?

All companies have some secrets... "how to get best loot" would be one that comes to mind here ;)

This is the way it's been done as long as I have been playing and I am glad Kim is making the effort to do it again.
So you weren't there...boo-freakin-hoo. I wasn't either but I am not gonna cry and whine. Get over it and be glad someone (Nighthawk) had the sense to post it!

You have to remember tho, that the "Buzz" is for the MA platform while Kim works on the Calypso team, not for the platform, which means that his info being posted there would give Calypso an unfair advantage unless they also allowed team Arkadia, team Next Island and NDS to post there :eek:

It's not necessarily the "Buzz" section but that website where communication should primarily stem from. Also you need to bear in mind:

1) Calypso is also owned by MA now and as such Calypso and MA are one and the same. There is no distinction apart from Calypso being a planet testbed for MA systems.

2) They can easily have a subsection on that website named Calypso for calypso orientated news should they wish to differentiate between Calypso and MA news.

3) Having an official section for other PP's there is a good idea because we can then get official information regarding platform and pp's all in one place.

1) Calypso is also owned by MA now and as such Calypso and MA are one and the same. There is no distinction apart from Calypso being a planet testbed for MA systems.

2) They can easily have a subsection on that website named Calypso for calypso orientated news should they wish to differentiate between Calypso and MA news.

3) Having an official section for other PP's there is a good idea because we can then get official information regarding platform and pp's all in one place.

1) Still different teams with different goals and different tasks for different people :)

2) Maybe, we do have PlanetCalypso.com as well though.

3) Agreed, having a page where every one of the PPs have a blog or something on the same page, not at some link from there, would be great for overall communications :)

This pretty much sums it up.

Folks want more interaction, but then when there's interaction they make noise about it possibly being used unfairly, resulting in less interaction. :scratch2:

Will you people make up your minds? :laugh: Furthermore, would you be making as much of an issue of this had you been at the location? I wasnt there. Guess what. I dont care. This is completely inconsequential and ridiculously trivial.

Oh no! 15 UL items. Now the spawn is going to be camped.

It was going to be camped anyway the instant the first one dropped.

People were going to come to the boards asking HOW MANY and WHAT KIND? And they were going to be frustrated at not getting an answer or the answer they wanted. And were this info posted on the official blog people would have claimed insider knowledge regardless.

So Kim said something ingame about it in front of 100 people. So what?[QUOTE]
I have to agree..I wasn't there and could care less actually. But if I was Kim I wouldn't talk at all knowing it's going to be analyzed and dissected in a conversation. He could have sent an avatar not himself to check it out :yup: But its nice he is interacting with the community....Just my opinion. :D

Back