Azgarot's Mining Log

Hi, Azgarot. Are you using amps? Do you mine Calypso? What level prospecting do you have?

Also, do you search for enmatters? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to skill it up, as it's a complete gold sink (no hope for markup at all for tier 1 enmatters). Does it become worth it at higher tiers?

Hi, Azgarot. Are you using amps? Do you mine Calypso? What level prospecting do you have?

Hi Scurvy, I am using amps nowadays, I started unamped, used lv2s up to the point when I hit my tower and shortly afterwards but eventually switched to lv5s. I have no intention to go any higher with amps at this point, maybe D-Class at some point if we see huge MU on some common resources after the rebalancings yet to come but otherwise, I don't think I'll use higher ones. I don't mine Calypso alone, I used to mine Caly, later on switched to other planets, basically always do your best to mine areas with high MU ores. My current prospecting level is 25.

Also, do you search for enmatters? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to skill it up, as it's a complete gold sink (no hope for markup at all for tier 1 enmatters). Does it become worth it at higher tiers?

To answer your second question, no I do not mine for enmatters, I am an ore miner. There are some enmatters with high MU which are good to mine but I didn't get too much into enmatter mining and I don't think I will anytime soon. I am not sure what you mean by "tiers" when it comes to enmatter but it's pretty much the same as ore mining. There are low MU and high MU ores/enmatters, it has very little to do with the depth you are mining on. Of course depth does affect your finds to some extent but the only real thing that higher level in either Prospector or Surveyor profession will really do for you is allow you to ocasionally hit rare ores/enmatters since you will be able to use finders with higher depths.

During the TEN event I took a ride to Hell for some gambling, again heh, lost quite a bit over there but in my opinion, it was worth a shot. Didn't get any prizes from the event and now I am back to my regular mining. Btw big gz to all those who won something on the RT TEN event.

Finder: Tk120/F-105
Excavator: Earth Excavator ME/01

Notable Finds:
Significant XVI Narcanisum (223 ped HoF)
Abundant XIII x30

Overall results:
TT Used - 68959.25 ped
TT Return - 67465.16 ped
MU Return - 92040.4085 ped

+ 23081.1585

During the TEN event I took a ride to Hell for some gambling, again heh, lost quite a bit over there but in my opinion, it was worth a shot. Didn't get any prizes from the event and now I am back to my regular mining. Btw big gz to all those who won something on the RT TEN event.

Notable Finds:
Abundant XIII x30

Overall results:
TT Used - 68959.25 ped
TT Return - 67465.16 ped

+ 23081.1585

How are you getting an average of 36.4% markup? I've never even mined a single ore with that kind of markup, which means that for every lower markup ore you get (lyst is everywhere), you have to have an ore ABOVE that mu to balance it out. It's mind boggling.

How are you getting an average of 36.4% markup? I've never even mined a single ore with that kind of markup, which means that for every lower markup ore you get (lyst is everywhere), you have to have an ore ABOVE that mu to balance it out. It's mind boggling.

Larger part of my log is from the last year, I recently came back to play, back then you had a handful of ores at 145% and even at 160% markup, which is why my avg markup is still rather high, in time it will balance out. For now I am sort of forced to continue unamped cycling, until I get a chance to buy one of the UL amps and work my way from there.

Last edited:
Larger part of my log is from the last year, I recently came back to play, back then you had a hanful of ores at 145% and even at 160% markup, which is why my avg markup is still rather high, in time it will balance out. For now I am sort of forced to continue unamped cycling, until I get a chance to buy one of the UL amps and work my way from there.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I found a couple of lvl 2 amps for 103% on auction so bought em and gave em a use. Was previously making 95-105% tt without em, now I'm getting like 85%, it's pretty brutal. I think unamped is the way to go.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I found a couple of lvl 2 amps for 103% on auction so bought em and gave em a use. Was previously making 95-105% tt without em, now I'm getting like 85%, it's pretty brutal. I think unamped is the way to go.

In the long run, amps won't have such an effect on your return, 95-105% is pretty good, the 85% that came might be balancing to the ~90%. The problem with amps is the markup that you pay for them, you always need to take it into account. That is why I would strongly advise either unamped or with an UL amp. UL amp is quite an investment but it's well worth it if you are serious about mining. With it you can afford to sell for lower markups, some traders give decent rates and you can also make long term deals with crafters. As long as you are buying (L) amps every % is valuable and important. By selling out fast you can cycle faster, time is money. At this point, as markups started going down I have decided to go back to unamped runs. I am going to invest in an UL amp soon anyway so don't want to waste peds with (L) amps.

Anyhow, if you are still new to the game, go unamped. Use LBML, map different areas, try them out, do your research. As long as you have the maps, you will always be able to make a profit, markups go up and down, it is crucial to go after the highest markup. Few people will tell you the exact locations of resources since most miners did their own research, it was their peds at risk so they keep their knowledge. Drop a lot of unamped bombs and once you find out the what and where, you can start amping accordingly.

Notable Finds:
Abundant XIII x30

Overall results:
TT Used - 68959.25 ped
TT Return - 67465.16 ped

+ 23081.1585

Awesome Narc's HoF, bro :beerchug: Love to see the big green profit as well lol

You ugly bastard! :D

Just to say "Hi" here. I`m glad you`re still doing well ( even without me :p ).

I`m still a bit busy, might come back to EU soon ;)

GL and keep it up bro ;)

You ugly bastard! :D

Just to say "Hi" here. I`m glad you`re still doing well ( even without me :p ).

I`m still a bit busy, might come back to EU soon ;)

GL and keep it up bro ;)

Am I glad to see you!!!

Hehe it's going well so far, real life is time consuming for me as well, I am struggling with my free time. Plus I seem to have some issues with my health, the lower end of my spine hurts like a hell lately, must be because of all the sitting. Heh what you gonna do, my work ties me down to a chair, I spend on that damn chair like 7 hours a day minimum.

Looking forward to your return mate, for real.

This run was almost entirely done in Hell. All drops were unamped luckily, or it would have been a loss due to the markup of amps. The way it worked out, it's decent, at least paid for the trip heh. I was expecting much worse but actually it was a break even cycle which is always nice considering that all skills gained were free and plus my average TT return went down a bit more.

Finder: Ziplex Tk120 Seeker (L)

Notable Finds:
Substantial XV (Alternative) - 184 ped HoF
Substantial XV (Durulium) - 176 ped global
Abundant XIII (Narcanisum) - 64 ped global

Overall results:
TT Used - 74681.52 ped
TT Return - 72128.74 ped
MU Return - 97775.8743 ped

+ 23094.3543

I want to inform you that for the time being I will stop mining so I won't be updating my log. I want to try out hunting and other activities in the game. Once I am done with playing around I will keep on mining strong and bring this log back to life. Let's hope my playing around doesn't eat my ped card and leaves me with just about enough peds to keep on mining heh. Best of luck to all of you miners out there.

Cheers

Back