Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World - Zawya (subscription)

I assume as much however id like to see some info from the developer

I don't think Toulan Devs hang around on pcf, perhaps try EP.

But one can only assume that every planet partner will take advantage of the taming system "once"
or "if" it becomes available.

I would be very surprised if they aren't viewing this forum and this thread.

I would be very surprised if they aren't viewing this forum and this thread.

My opinion is: Maybe it's better this way.

If they would reply then others will start placing questions too and expect an reply too.
And when they don't receive an answer they will start bashing and whining about how bad their communition is bla bla bla. I just wait for the releasenotes myself and let them suprice me :)

Because it will launch in 2014?
It's old news that the launch was delayed to 2014. Everything in EU is always delayed, included updates and launches of new planets. Hopefully they are just late with the development and nothing worse.

Yup, EU definitely has really laggy connection to RL. Rubberbanding and teleporting deadlines :rofl:

Ok, now translate it :)

Video was posted just 16 hours ago..so this is all in all great news..yes unknown what they are saying..but at least we got to see that there still is a development team working on it! :)

Ok, now translate it :)

Yah, sry couldnt resist. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it looks ambitious - I like that. :wtg:

Let´s hope they have plans for advertisement, cause splitting up current playerbase even further is bad.

I liked what I saw. They should really make a proper trailer for it though.

excited! especially for the clothing and melee weaponry :tongue2: looked kinda tomb raiderish

Are there no Arabic speaking players to translate that clip? My hat is off to the Toulan developers for showing us around their studio. Nice to see they have a cosy dev team there. It's looking interesting.

just think of the +reps for translatng the vid ;)

..and please translate it

Are there no Arabic speaking players to translate that clip?

..and please translate it

As much as I'd like to know what's in the clip I don't think we deserve a translation. I mean after the way this community generally always react to anything Toulan/Arab related we really have not earned it.

The headline is at least "The first Arab company to develop a 100% computer games - Tech 4"... ;)

Oh wow, I thought this project had been left in the desert to die or something.

As much as I'd like to know what's in the clip I don't think we deserve a translation. I mean after the way this community generally always react to anything Toulan/Arab related we really have not earned it.

You have GOT to be shitting me!
vomit.gif

You have GOT to be shitting me!
vomit.gif

While George may be a little over sensitive about Muslim stereotypes, it is true that there has been a lot of racism and bigotry directed towards Toulan on the forums here.

While George may be a little over sensitive about Muslim stereotypes, it is true that there has been a lot of racism and bigotry directed towards Toulan on the forums here.
I'm not disputing what you say but I must have missed alot of rascism and bigotry.

Seriously.. was looking forward to this planet but all i understood from the vid was 'jihad'

that kinda did it for me..
are devs really that stupid that they won't accept that other minded ppl who don't speak their language are genuinly intrested?

btw : wasn't their release planned ages ago.. if they don't hurry they might not be the 1st arabic planet :D

Hopefully they plan to bring their own player base. I cant see this being a large draw for Americans. but perhaps my military experience clouds my perception. I know I will never visit the planet.

/mod note/

This is a reminder about Rule 3.6:
3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum. PlanetCalypsoForum, as the game, is a global community with players from many different countries around the world. Discussion of such topics often disrupts the forum community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be deleted from the forum without notice.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Toulan's debut.
What we can see of the armor and weapons in the clip looks pretty cool - although I do wish they'd shown an F ava as well :girl:
Kudos to them though for having at least one woman on the development team.
The Arabic text on the youtube page for the clip seems to be saying only that this is a BBC4 Tech report about the current state of the electronic games industry in Jordan, with Toulan being used as a leading example.
(ie. it's not a press release by Toulan per se)
So, the verbal commentary in the clip is quite probably less interesting to us as players than what can be seen on the screens.

/mod note/

This is a reminder about Rule 3.6:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Toulan's debut.
What we can see of the armor and weapons in the clip looks pretty cool - although I do wish they'd shown an F ava as well :girl:
Kudos to them though for having at least one woman on the development team.
The Arabic text on the youtube page for the clip seems to be saying only that this is a BBC4 Tech report about the current state of the electronic games industry in Jordan, with Toulan being used as a leading example.
(ie. it's not a press release by Toulan per se)
So, the verbal commentary in the clip is quite probably less interesting to us as players than what can be seen on the screens.

Thx for trying to mod this thread.. I fully understand how fine the line is wich one can cross..

Guess we can only wait for any official news..
If any officials reading this.. pls feed the fish once in a while :D

Hopefully they plan to bring their own player base. I cant see this being a large draw for Americans. but perhaps my military experience clouds my perception. I know I will never visit the planet.

I'm sure it will be entirely uninteresting to americans. After all, it is a well known fact that americans have no interest in arabian nights themed movies or role playing games, which is why american movie studios have never made such movies or cartoons. And why for example disney has never agreed to have anything to do with aladin, depite his record popularity in the rest of the world. Additionally I have to agree with you that the less than 40% of playerbase share of americans is the absolute indicator of what will or will not succeed in EU.

I'm not disputing what you say but I must have missed alot of rascism and bigotry.

Moderators tend to get to it quite fast. Not all moderation is for people offhandedly cursing or saying ma sucks, a bunch of it is rather nasty stuff.

I'm sure it will be entirely uninteresting to americans. After all, it is a well known fact that americans have no interest in arabian nights themed movies or role playing games, which is why american movie studios have never made such movies or cartoons. And why for example disney has never agreed to have anything to do with aladin, depite his record popularity in the rest of the world. Additionally I have to agree with you that the less than 40% of playerbase share of americans is the absolute indicator of what will or will not succeed in EU.

:lolup: Satire FTW glad it was not lost on everyone.

bottom line though, I hope they bring their own player base. that's no joke.

Moderators tend to get to it quite fast. Not all moderation is for people offhandedly cursing or saying ma sucks, a bunch of it is rather nasty stuff.

I noticed posts getting removed that were not "nasty stuff" but merely touched a subject that is considered touchy these days. I am a bit split on that. While censoring the truth is generally a bad thing I can understand the rules the mods have laid down for this forum and rules are rules.

:proof:

bottom line though, I hope they bring their own player base. that's no joke.

yes this is a problem isnt it? people saying "oh im off to cyrene and never coming back"

i think purpose was to have games within a platform, not just additional land masses.. All comes down to advertising, but then when they are here I suppose nothing to stop them moving about except BPs etc which need unique resources

Back