Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World - Zawya (subscription)

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]Zawya (subscription)[/SIZE]

Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in the Arab World
[SIZE=-1]Zawya (subscription)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]It will also become the latest Planet edition to the highly successful 3D online virtual world Entropia Universe created by MindArk and will be free to download, with no subscription fees. Beladcom is a Jordanian-founded game developer committed to ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Planet Toulan to become first ever Arabian 3D MMO developed in Arab world[SIZE=-1]AME Info[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 2 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

@Rick it is in development. They showed a demo of their planet to some Royal King in their native country at a convention recently.

It's actually good that we don't have any news from them because it means they will be targeting new players rather than existing players. So far from what I have seen they have been the most professional of all pp's.

Here is the pic:

His Majesty King Abdullah II ,while watching Planet Toulan demo at Beladcom's booth in MENAICT conference 07March2013

A new planet is exactly what we need, to ease a bit the population pressure on others. It came to the point when after few hours in the wilderness you can stumble upon another green dot, ruining your harmony with nature. Totally unacceptable!

:D

Would be cool to have King as Planet Owner ;p

I have a dream, one planet for every player!
(We´re close)

:lolup:

I assume this Arabian planet is going to be a secular planet with no links to current certain religions which may not gel well with the theme of EU. I would hate to see censorship enter this game.
Also there is barely enough population to cover Caly and Ark, let alone the failed NI/Greece, failed Cyrene and struggling Rocktropia.

I will wait and see. It could be good for the game if lots of rich Arabs start playing and spending up big :)

@Rick it is in development. They showed a demo of their planet to some Royal King in their native country at a convention recently.

It's actually good that we don't have any news from them because it means they will be targeting new players rather than existing players. So far from what I have seen they have been the most professional of all pp's.

Here is the pic:

His Majesty King Abdullah II ,while watching Planet Toulan demo at Beladcom's booth in MENAICT conference 07March2013

Thats really good news, thanks for that George

A new planet is exactly what we need, to ease a bit the population pressure on others. It came to the point when after few hours in the wilderness you can stumble upon another green dot, ruining your harmony with nature. Totally unacceptable!

:D

I have a dream, one planet for every player!
(We´re close)

:lolup:

I have a different take on it. If a new planet can truly bring something different and interesting to EU it has the potential to increase the player base, as long as people dont drag new players off the new planet within minutes of them arriving.

What makes me feel good about this planet (from what I've read), is their effort they are putting into the visuals. It's easy to overlook the upgrades of scenery on Calypso for example, a lot of the areas are amazing. Take the prot area west of Troy with lakes.....it does look good.

If people want something to fail it ultimately will. Arkardia has done a splended job so far, I don't feel at home there like I do on Calypso, but you have to give them credit for thier achievements. I still think there is much to be done on Rocktropia, although I find that place highly entertaining (if only you could switch off the hardcore radio for some general background music)

I struggle to like Cyrene though, and NI well what a waste.

If you feel a place looks real and stunning and good to intereact with, to me it makes a massive difference to my enjoyment.

So I have high hopes for this new planet.

Rick

I still think there is much to be done on Rocktropia, although I find that place highly entertaining (if only you could switch off the hardcore radio for some general background music)

Rick

Umm, turn off in game music and turn on your radio/CD player/Ipod/whatever?

Besides, RT was playing Pink Floyd last night, nothing wrong with that as a music choice!:cool:

I also think we have too many planets at this stage, however moving into the arabic market could be the smartest thing EU has ever done. Particularly in the GCC there are loads of bored teenagers and 20somethings with buckets of cash and virtually no expenses, perfect target market. Within 100m of where I'm sitting right now, I'd reckon there are at least 5 young Emiratis who could've bought the moon with their pocket money.

They'll need to market it much wider than Jordan though, not as much money there.

I assume this Arabian planet is going to be a secular planet with no links to current certain religions which may not gel well with the theme of EU. I would hate to see censorship enter this game.
Also there is barely enough population to cover Caly and Ark, let alone the failed NI/Greece, failed Cyrene and struggling Rocktropia.

I will wait and see. It could be good for the game if lots of rich Arabs start playing and spending up big :)

I share your opinion. I think it 'll be hard for a platform which prays to Lootius and walks around in bikini's to operate without problems in most parts of the current arabian world.

I share your opinion. I think it 'll be hard for a platform which prays to Lootius and walks around in bikini's to operate without problems in most parts of the current arabian world.

May be the game will be played only in basements where they make illigal dog fights

Here is the pic:

I see a desperate sales man, a few doubtful minders and an unimpressed king :silly2:

Umm, turn off in game music and turn on your radio/CD player/Ipod/whatever?

Besides, RT was playing Pink Floyd last night, nothing wrong with that as a music choice!:cool:

Always options of course. You could date a ugly girl and ask her to constantly wear a brown bag over her head, or simply choose someone else thats more appealing to your taste. :laugh:

May be the game will be played only in basements where they make illigal dog fights

Probably more in wealthy palaces where they preach the law but don't follow it themselves.
Kinda like the Vatican.

Open your eyes.
Um to what? Did I miss something? Been there a few times, and follow them on their forums. They are adding new content with every pp release, and have a more content ready to go once they go live. Was there more to this that I missed?

So if Toulan is not coming and Theryon Wars are still under developing what new planet that has taming should be released this year???

So if Toulan is not coming and Theryon Wars are still under developing what new planet that has taming should be released this year???

Taming isnt related to a planet per say. But a game feature to be updated by MA

At least that is whay i was lead to understand

Rgds

Ace

I see a desperate sales man, a few doubtful minders and an unimpressed king :silly2:

I see a desperate salesman, Derren Brown, a gay version of George Hamilton and an unimpressed King :silly2:

Um to what? Did I miss something? Been there a few times, and follow them on their forums. They are adding new content with every pp release, and have a more content ready to go once they go live. Was there more to this that I missed?

1) one of the main devs of theryon wars went to do something else, the entire site changed into something else and tw is no longer mentioned. To me this means tw was vaporware and it will no longer be a planet. I would be very surprised if it still surfaced.

2) If Cyrene didn't go live, then when will it? all the promises they made and never lived up to.. mechs, incredibly big mobs. Check out this review and compare the screenies to what;s actually there atm. Take one look at their auction and you know they are in bad shape. If you cannot see that, then you have your eyes still shut. Cyrene is struggling to survive and didn't bring its own playerbase.

3) planet toulan might surface. I'll give you that. The arab games market is booming and with king's funding it may see the light of day. I would love to know if we can visit it in our seduce mini-skirts etc.

1) one of the main devs of theryon wars went to do something else, the entire site changed into something else and tw is no longer mentioned. To me this means tw was vaporware and it will no longer be a planet. I would be very surprised if it still surfaced.

2) If Cyrene didn't go live, then when will it? all the promises they made and never lived up to.. mechs, incredibly big mobs. Check out this review and compare the screenies to what;s actually there atm. Take one look at their auction and you know they are in bad shape. If you cannot see that, then you have your eyes still shut. Cyrene is struggling to survive and didn't bring its own playerbase.

3) planet toulan might surface. I'll give you that. The arab games market is booming and with king's funding it may see the light of day. I would love to know if we can visit it in our seduce mini-skirts etc.
Not sure about TW, but here is what is happening with the hard launch...

So when is that hard launch again? Seems Cyrene isn't moving forward??
Quoted from Ed about the hard launch. It seems they are standing in line waiting patiently.
We are working on a solution to hard launch but I cannot go into more detail. It is not for lack of content though, seeing as we have complete servers ready to go at the appropriate time. We work with MA as best we can while being understanding that there are other planets that need reviews.

oringinally posted here: http://cyreneforum.com/threads/vu-today.1127/page-2#post-8453

So yes Cyrene won't be much of a planet yet as they don't have all their product out (still stuck in sever hell.. Maybe MA forgot to feed the hamsters? ;)) and they are not actively advertising their existence. Ergo, not live and still in beta... To me this means they are far from dead. But that's ok if you choose to see it the other way. We don't have agree on everything. lol :D

Maybe they will start making some "dress codes" that forces us to have to wear their planet's clothing before being allowed to enter the planet? Kindda like how when we first entered HTT, we were removed of our usual clothings and also like Ancient Greece where only melee weapons were allowed? (Just an idea...)

As for the King's funding.....hmmmm...I would dread the day when if the venture fails and MA gets some "special" letters.

There are two planets being made atm! This one: http://www.planettoulan.com/ and this one: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Theryon_Wars

Im not sure how Cyrene is a failure since they haven't even went live yet, thus no active advertising that this planet exists other then on the planet register when you sign up for an account with EU? :scratch2:

It says in the interview:
Jorge Ordaz said:
At this point, we can't say aloud many things we're working on, but I can give you some clues...

Deep space means spaceships and you already know MindArk is working on that; our initial proposal to them already included spaceships crewed or manned by several ranges of players, from small party-sized corvettes to big, so to say, 'clan-sized' warships. Also, take into account there are two main, opposing factions, and as a player, you can sign up for one or the other. This not only impacts PvP but also storylines, sovereignty claims, resources acquisition... About technology and quests, you'll have to find out lots of things by yourselves; if we make things right and you play on a regular basis, every once in a while you'll ask yourselves 'who knows what and how does that knowledge impact Theryon?'

Is THIS the new "SPACE" Mindark has been hinting at? I hope they can pull it off.

Back