MA Kim @ Twins + Good news for melee users and Powerfist preview!

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
New melee coming:
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] And Here comes a little teaser for the November 29 release, especially if you like powerfists

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] These monstrosities were created by attaching the carved out hands of an Argonaut to a pair of basic Castorian EnKnuckle frames.
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] The result is a sturdyfist weapon capable of inflicting terrible wounds upon its target.

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] All use of these weapons on Calypso has been outlawed as theirmeer presence seem to cause Argonauts to raid humansettlements.

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] This particular specimen seem to originate from a great Argonaut.

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Total damage: 74 per hit

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] All in all there will be 45 new weapons coming in that release, all for powerfists and clubs

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] They will now be viable professions

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Well heres one for you, the strongest new powerfist has over 100 dps

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] But you will need 90 in profession level to use it :)

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] 90 for the DOA Immolation Gauntlets
[Nick Malice Succorso] liking the sound of immolation
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] You should, whatever you hit starts to burn

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] How does Castorian Combat Mace sound?
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] thats one more making a return
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] November 29

Taming:
[kelly kitty jordan] kim..when is the taming system release ????

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Sorry Kitty i have no new info on that =/
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] If i was to guess... Q1 or Q2 2012

About the Chikara Oni (L) in the picture below:
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] These ones? they are craftable
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] I think its a level 16 blueprint
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] They aren't in game yet

MELEE POWERFIST PREVIEW:

I managed to squeeze past the dozens of others trying to scan Kim with this babe :laugh:

About Sand King:
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Also, im increasing the item drop rate on the sand King next tuesday :)
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Should be worth killing again

Tokens and missions:
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] And while were on the subject of the next release
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] You will be able to purchase Calypso Defence Force vehicles for mission tokens
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] And some of these new weapons can only be obtained from mission tokens
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] there will also be some additional repeatable missions

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] And some of these L weapons can be made to their unlimited versions through missions
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Although very hard missions =)
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] very very hard!
[screen] unl weapon with missions ? damn i love it !
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Yea but dont worry about market flooding with UL weapons
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] those quests require items that themselves are hard to find

And its over:
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] and im off! got a whole lot of weapons to implement :)
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Cya

Last edited:
WOOT thanks Kim, awesome birthday present, my BD being the 26th of November.

Thanks for listening to that post recently made and sorry if it was a bit harsh :silly2:

Please release a sensible line of powerfists, clubs and whips to match the firearm professions.

The reason why melee sux so hard in this game is because all the weapons are still low level lol ... where the shit to skill to, what is there to look forward to, to have fun with ? You got jack all at this time for powerfists, clubs & whips in the higher range.

The devs for Entropia are too trigger happy, too gun focused when they should be evenly gun/melee focused.

Develop all lines properly please.

Last edited:
Woohoo, Oni wants one! :yay:

Oni is Japanese for "demon" if I remember correctly... Oni is also the best damn game Bungie ever made (yes, 100x better than any of the Halo games even tho those were nice too) :)

HMM, I like what Calypso is doing now....

More decay to get nice weapon... and not lose peds as MU to other uber players...uber still gets adventage (making L to UL)
But here more incentive to increase decay....

Finally MA is moving in the right direction...

Nice implementation IMHO so far....

Nighthawk, need to spread reputation ....but thanks :)

hmm sounds good to me... might practice some with the tt powerfist for that. ;)

YAY!!!! :yay: Go Kim!!....thats going to be Cool!!:cool:

finally :)

But will these "quests" be the only way to obtain unL versions or will it still be possible to loot them the "traditional" way?

Wow, 45 new LIMITED weapons....? and you can covert a Limited to Unlimited if you do some "kill 100000 mob mission i am guessing :) Ahhhhh decay decay decay, and what more after reaching Tier 5, your item is damaged and unusable, start again with another Limited powerfist. :yay:

Think I will stick to my UL smacker 3.

Cheers

No its 45 weapons in total, UL and L alike.

;) Thanks Kim. Will the missions to convert limited to unlimited be more than just 10000 mob grinding missions?

100 dps :))
Proffession lvl ready.
Now give me that.

New weapons, cool

Hope there will be some two handed clubs, there are definately not enough ingame :)

New weapons, cool

Hope there will be some two handed clubs, there are definately not enough ingame :)

1H & 2H clubber is being merge, or is being suggested to be merged at the next design meeting ;)

;) Thanks Kim. Will the missions to convert limited to unlimited be more than just 10000 mob grinding missions?

You will need to grind many more mobs than that :yup:

/edit: This was a joke :) I plan on making the missions a bit more interesting than this.

Last edited:
Sweet. Sounds like an interesting quest at last. Also sounds like there's finally a use for these tokens. ;)

This L to UL quest seems a lot like some quests in other MMOs where you can put special powers on some certain item.

Wonder if there might be a quest someday, like in some of those other MMOs to rename an item after your avatar, etc. We already have some weapons with avatar names, etc. so it sounds like it might be conceivable.

Now clubbin is a profession in game. ;)

Guess my goal of having one of every craftable melee item in my shop is gone now, at least until I can do some upgrades, lol.

Last edited:

Hi Kim,

Can you make it like a mob marathon, 10k of several different mobs,

So lets say 100k mobs gets you UL item x, y or z (Can choose 1 of the 3) you must kill 10k of a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j mobs until a total of 100k has been killed.

That way we won't be bored to death killing 100k mobs of the one type.

Make them in categories also, so a few easy missions, a few mid missions, a few hard missions with items that are relevant.

Last edited:

great,i like a good challenge :)

ps: the current "old "iron missions + skillrewards,will they be always available or will they be gone in the future,and if so do we get an timely warning in advance ?

If i can do 100k mobs without that UL item/weapon then definity i dont need it.

[MindArk Official Kim Welter] And some of these L weapons can be made to their unlimited versions through missions
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Although very hard missions =)
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] very very hard!

Very very hard doesn't necessarily mean uber mobs, anyone can chip up to do that, very very hard in my book means lots and lots of decay through doing many many mobs of a certain difficulty, depending on the UL level item your wanting :) Low under 30, mid under 60, high under 90 profession level items and quest lines

Wow, 45 new LIMITED weapons....? and you can covert a Limited to Unlimited if you do some "kill 100000 mob mission i am guessing :) Ahhhhh decay decay decay, and what more after reaching Tier 5, your item is damaged and unusable, start again with another Limited powerfist. :yay:

Think I will stick to my UL smacker 3.

Cheers

Well, I'd prefer to give my peds as decay to ma ... than giving ubers as MU :)

I gain skills while dacaying .... I gain nothing if i give as MU.... it's pretty simple to me ...........no?:scratch2:

Excellent, more items that only 2 people in EU can use. Guess it was a waste of time for everyone who replied to that thread about item gaps.

Excellent, more items that only 2 people in EU can use. Guess it was a waste of time for everyone who replied to that thread about item gaps.

Only two people have brawler profession level between 9 and 90? hrmm where do you get your numbers from?

So more like the prison missions?

prison mission :) Hopefully more worthwhile than them.

There's 2 months of my life i'll never get back :) which to be honest doesnt seem much for robbing a safe and killing a police officer.

No its 45 weapons in total, UL and L alike.

Oleg, did you read the above quoted, he says 45 new weapons for 2 professions.

i think that provides all the item gap requirements i can think of for powerfist & clubs.

prison mission :) Hopefully more worthwhile than them.

There's 2 months of my life i'll never get back :) which to be honest doesnt seem much for robbing a safe and killing a police officer.

I'm disgusted by the whole theme.... and refused to do those missions :)

Holy shyt... :laugh:

So nice another update for only hunter/pker what about miner? you totally ignore miners

Back