Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

Hello,

Anyone can tell how much peds will give 1 deed by week/year ?

How can you calculate that ?

1k ped for deed, 30% ROI PA = 300 ped per year / 52 weeks = 6 ped per week roughly.

Please note these are very very rough figures. To be exact we will need to see the real stats first.

Last edited:
I would like to thank everyone who gave me sensible advise,

Yes I cancelled line of credit.

Bank called me today and asked why, I told them investing on borrowed money is a bad idea :)

Tomorrow brings a new day, things may change - opinion wise, yes I am a little nutz, but I truely think this a worthwhile investment - tbh, it has killed my gameplay today, im am quite depressed atm not having bought these 500.

So I say, if you have the cash or a payout, use it wisely, buy shares/deeds, I would say they are worth it.

Marketing campaign to follow as per Jan's post/reply - I will shutup now before Oleg eats me for breakfast!

Resolution: All I can do is piss up over a lost opportunity - short term.

Wow someone has a stick stuck up their arse today. But I guess you love conflict lol
50k usd was no small decision to make on moving or not, it almost occured.
People here were here to give me advise that is all Oleg, talking needed to be done.

I have come to my conclusion, so may you may have the stage.

And I disagree, if you want to be a part of this, then buy your deed/share and vote accordingly.

1.) Pay 100$ to be able to vote at all.
2.) Realize that you got outvouted by Mr. Crazy-Rich.
3.) Can you find the mistake ?

In 2004 the voting booths were free for all. SEE were we are now...

1.) Pay 100$ to be able to vote at all.
2.) Realize that you got outvouted by Mr. Crazy-Rich.
3.) Can you find the mistake ?

In 2004 the voting booths were free for all. SEE were we are now...

idk McCormick, your holding a very harsh grudge against MA bud,
I was there not long agao on Lava, please step back a moment and realise this is the new way,

So I understand somewhat where your at.

Adapt or get lost, it is that simple.

Sorry bud, but this is what was said to me, so I say it again to you, adapt or get lost.
It is really that simple at the end of the day.

And I loved every one of your videos, they made me smile and laugh, but that does not qualify you for ultimate reasoning that the past should be restored, get with the future !! And fair go, EU is dynamic and changing.

Stop living in the past, it will kill you in the end.

This is my 2 cents/pec that don't hold a lot of weight for what they are worth.

A response to ideas for this being fair and not a mistake is in post 746 - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...net-Calypso!&p=2837162&viewfull=1#post2837162

I wanted to write this as a sort of financial comparison.

For the math inclined the Return on Investment is shown Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly for 1 Share at rates of 10%, 20%, and 30% at a purchase price of 1,000 PED

30%

Weekly=5.76 PED Monthly=25 PED Yearly=300 PED

20%

Weekly=3.84 PED Monthly=16.66 Yearly=200 PED

10%

Weekly=1.92 PED Monthly=8.33 Yearly=100 PED

Now we need to consider how long it will take for your initial investment of 1,000 to be repaid in dividend payments.

At 30% return a year requires 3.3 Years
At 20% return a year requires 5 Years
At 10% return a year requires 10 Years

Also you have to assume that your initial investment of 1,000 PED is going to stay at 1,000 PED. If the price of the shares sell for less than 1,000 PED, you could stand to lose.

Since the shares have no intrinsic TT value, the value is directly linked to the actual return given to investors and the demand that drives the price at which people will pay to own a share.

Also, the term "Gross Revenue" refers to revenue BEFORE expenses. Net Profit is what a company makes after expenses have been deducted. I am very excited if Net Profits can support a 30% return on investment.

Hope this helps with deciding to invest. For myself I intend to purchase maybe 1-5 shares to hold.

Last edited:
One vote per share - Not that good.

One vote per person with at least one share - Better.

One vote per share - Not that good.

One vote per person with at least one share - Better.

All citizens of Calyso should have a somewhat fair say imho.

All should be consolidated and taken to a commitee of types,

Sure there will be some red tape, but it will be worth it.

MA will have the ultimate last say in what can and can not be achieved :)

Last edited:

Adapt or get lost, it is that simple.

"Adapt or get lost". Great.

Thats the phrase I enjoyed most when someone suggested it to me. Why do you think Im still here on the forum ?
To throw the towel each day ?

I dont want the past back. I only say Entropia gets kicked with feet since a long time now and its people like you, fellow-travellers, who just adapt or get lost. Thats not what forms a community. No thanks ! I enjoy the resistance.

I only write down the truth.

yes, objectively it is, and if we shall take things to the edge there is a few quote that comes to mind.

"laughter is a privilege of the ignorant"
- unknown

"the more truth you learn and accept, the less attractive the world gets"
- ermik

Thats the phrase I enjoyed most when someone suggested it to me. Why do you think Im still here on the forum ?

I dont want the past back. I only say Entropia gets kicked with feet since a long time now and its people like you, fellow-travellers, who just adapt or get lost. Thats not what forms a community. No thanks ! I enjoy the resistance.

McCormick for president!

J.

MA is very good at playing with our minds.

They threw at us all kinds of stuff recently (atrox queen, hydra, and recent calypso update) to make us decay as much as possible...basically made us somewhat happy at the cost of out ped card.

Now MA gave us the chance to be owner of calypso after making our ped cards poor. This will definitely increase the amount of deposit by players of all levels.

Finally, being the owner (sort of) of the calypso, and linking its future to our ROI... MA has esseentially made thousands of more vocal supporters and recruiters (word of mouth advertisement sure to play here).

Nice work MA..... keep up the good work.

But everything will fail unless

1. cost to play decreases significantly...............meaning MU has to come down.... that's the bottom line.

2. less extreme individual loot variance.

Last edited:

Do you actually play Entropia anymore? Will you get past 1 global this year? Or you just have nothing better to do IRL than come here post rants, whines and sometimes offensive stuff about MA/MA staff?

Last edited:
Do you actually play Entropia anymore will you get past 1 global this year? Or you just have nothing better to do IRL than come here post rants, whines and sometimes offensive stuff about MA/MA staff?

good you reminded - next time online I better have a solo global, otherwise I will not be allowed to say what I think.

thanks! =)

J.

To decrease the cost of play is investing in the items in game..... that will help create a better eco...
and thus save you money

good you reminded - next time online I better have a solo global, otherwise I will not be allowed to say what I think.

thanks! =)

J.

I was just asking. Often you can see people who posts a lot but barely play (for different reasons) and some that have quitted (sometimes even stated that themselves) but for some reason can't get on with their lives and still have to post their "valuable opinion"...

Do you actually play Entropia anymore will you get past 1 global this year? Or you just have nothing better to do IRL than come here post rants, whines and sometimes offensive stuff about MA/MA staff?

People that call me whiner & ranter did not yet understand the meaning of my posts.

If you see my posts as bashings and just as that, you fail to understand my thoughts.

You really think I have nothing better to do IRL then logging into this forum from time to time just to let my bad feelings go ? I know there are psycho people like that out there. Hell, even Im psycho, but not like that.

No other "game" influenced my life as much as "Project Entropia" did.

Maybe Im using the wrong words for you, to describe the feelings I have towards "Project Entropia".

No problem, there are many others. ,-)

And which MA staff ? Only David and Jan left.

I was just asking. Often you can see people who posts a lot but barely play (for different reasons) and some that have quitted (sometimes even stated that themselves) but for some reason can't get on with their lives and still have to post their "valuable opinion"...

I stopped playing because I really dislike the way Entropia gets treated. But my passion for "Project Entropia" is not yet gone. Thats why Im here. You call that ranting & whining ?

Valuable opinion ? I post about feelings !

MA is very good at playing with our minds.

They threw at us all kinds of stuff recently (atrox queen, hydra, and recent calypso update) to make us decay as much as possible...basically made us somewhat happy at the cost of out ped card.

Now MA gave us the chance to be owner of calypso after making our ped cards poor. This will definitely increase the amount of deposit by players of all levels.

Finally, being the owner (sort of) of the calypso, and linking its future to our ROI... MA has esseentially made thousands of more vocal supporters and recruiters (word of mouth advertisement sure to play here).

Nice work MA..... keep up the good work.

But everything will fail unless

1. cost to play decreases significantly...............meaning MU has to come down.... that's the bottom line.

2. less extreme individual loot variance.

I agree with everything but... MU? Of all the things you think the future of this game hinges on the MU players are willing to pay? Am I missing something?

:scratch:

I agree with everything but... MU? Of all the things you think the future of this game hinges on the MU players are willing to pay? Am I missing something?

:scratch:

Infinity constantly fail in simple understanding, that healthy MU allows to profit, thus play longer/sustain/profit, etc.

He just seeing only single side of it: TAHT GUN IZ EXPENZIVE CUZ OF BIG MARKUP. MARKUP SHOULD BE LEZ! AND I WIN!

And he even doesn't care about MU-less shit which he getting from hunt with that gun.

Actually they did work!
You could vote for "Day Night Cycles" for example. I remember that.

Dont you !? :O

I do, but I was just checking your memory. They actually worked in 2003, in 2004 they had the same poll in there all the time :silly2:.

Anyway, they did work right? We got the day/night cycles. Thanks for that Marco!

During a week I do spend more time on the forum then ingame. And I only had 15 hunting globals registered on tracker to my name this year. Is my opinion valuable?

I would encourage a lottery approach to the land locations...:wise:

Giving preferential treatment to folks based on time-zone (and whether or not they actually have a life/job) for a land grab seems.....

Never-mind. It's business as usual.:rolleyes:

Seriously though.. some sort of lottery system would be a more fair solution (assuming fair is a goal at all).

It would... and they could make sure owners of 9 areas plus get them 9x9 allocations. I think this would create some interesting trading later where some areas will appeal more that others ;)

Wonder who would get "smack in the middle of the oil rig" ;) probably no one ;)

Wistrel

There is a huge load of people out there that have stopped playing not because they wanted to, but because they just don't like the game in its current state.
This is what is happening to me lately, I still like EU and I still like the basic idea.
But what mostly kept me at it were the team activity things and this is mostly lacking in gameplay.

For singleplayer there are other games that are more rewarding, so until things don't improve my activity is bound to be low.
This will change in the future I hope :)

IWonder who would get "smack in the middle of the oil rig" ;) probably no one ;)

The deeds will not give you plots on existing Calypso land, new land will be created where teh plots will reside. The announcement says as much.

so with 10k $ deeds I will get 3k $ each year doing nothing? :scratch2:
isn't this better then all banks :scratch2:
I just hope MA stuff wont end up in jail in Q1 of 2012 :ahh:

point - I hope this is legal

Wistrel

Land Lot Deed holders will have the opportunity to take part in a Calypso Citizenship land grab. Certain areas will be opened on Calypso where deed holders can stake out their land plots. This system development is scheduled to begin in 2012.

Whats the meaning of this Statement from MindArk?

It seems that some participants still hold the misconception that buying a Land Lot deed is like buying a "mini Land Area" or that Land Lot deeds will function in a way similar to other existing estates.

This is not the case, as we have tried to make clear in our original announcement and in later statements.

Land Lot deeds are not the same as Outback Land Areas (commonly referred to as LAs or Land Areas).

Land Lot deedholders will not have the ability to set tax rates, manage mob DNA setttings, host events, etc.

The Land Grab mentioned in the initial announcement simply describes a forthcoming system whereby Land Lot deedholders will have the ability to claim a 10m x 10m plot of land for each deed held.

The Land Grab mentioned in the initial announcement simply describes a forthcoming system whereby Land Lot deedholders will have the ability to claim a 10m x 10m plot of land for each deed held.

This is for the building of a structure later on right ?

eg House Structure

Why would anyone want to invest in regards to MA's recent total lack of any resemblance of caring about how they totaly screwed over Hangar owners business investment and still refuse to answer any questions regarding as to when they will be returning a functional hangar system that can be considered an adequate replacement for the business we have lost? For the utter lack of regard for returning a functional ship for those of us who had fully functional ships before the system got removed? The list of broken promises is so huge it's sad, pathetic and utter bullshit.

Why would I as a serious investor want to invest 100$ on one of these deeds, much less thousands of deeds if MA keeps treating investors like this?

Any answers Bjorn? Kim?

If MA actually want to gain back some kind of trustworthyness they better start showing it, and soon, very soon.

Best Regards

Back