And you thoughts deeds werent worth the money?

arejaytee

Dominant
Society
Aussie Entropians
sar sarrob rob
Interesting post here about a game called Dark Orbit which is a F2P game where they released a single item for 1000 euros and made roughly 4 Million USD from it so far.

And this is without any ROI! what do we need to do to get these types of players... I understand the difference in that EU costs money to continue playing whereas it doesnt in Dark Orbit but still for that price they could buy 10 deeds and fund thier gameplay easily with the returns.

Ah yes, "free" to play games online and in browsers seems like they can often sell items for 100USD+ without anyone commenting (and 1000s of people buying) but if you mention something about the same in EU (where you can also make the money back if lucky/skilled/etc) ppl seems to think you're insane :rolleyes:

Its odd indeed.

Yeah. Allods also had a single item in the mall worth $500 when it was released.

But in truth there is a very vocal crowd on sites like MMORPG.com who simply do not like any microtransaction model game. These folks have been arguing against anything other than subscription for years, dubbing titles pay to win.

They dont understand that subscription MMO's are pay to win also. One year in college I made over $40,000 USD through 'winning' in an MMO. I operated multiple accounts using a bot script, fed items to my 'main' and then sold those accounts once they leveled up to a competitive state. The more active accounts you have on most subscription titles the more rewards you can gather.

This was of course before games had TOU that expressly forbid sales, and most transactions were done over auction sites like Ebay. Castles, Gold, weapons, characters, and even suits of armor at the right point in early MMORPG history used to fetch top dollar and be purchased by players hungry for instant success.

I never understood people buying a new hat in a 'free' browser game for $100, or something similar. It just boggles my mind, but a TON of money is being made every day on just this sort of thing. We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars a year being spent on items that for the most part are either cosmetic only, or time reducers. I know why people do it, some people have lots of money and they just don't care. Its the same as buying a cup of coffee to them.

But hell, i don't understand someone buying a $500 phone when they can barely feed their kids either. Or spending $30 on coffee each day.....even if you can afford it, its still nuts. ETC.

And you thought that deeds were not worth the ped?... I get your point thanks :D.

And does this item make the user ingame funds they can then withdraw to their bank account? No? Then there is no relevance whatsoever to Calypso deeds

Ah yes, "free" to play games online and in browsers seems like they can often sell items for 100USD+ without anyone commenting (and 1000s of people buying) but if you mention something about the same in EU (where you can also make the money back if lucky/skilled/etc) ppl seems to think you're insane :rolleyes:

That couldnt possibly be due to fees to put money in game,, fees to take money out... Oh and how many months do we need to wait IF we are one of the chosen who are allowed to withdrawl?

Paypal transfers are instant just like CC depos.. That concept alone answers the main part of all this.

Those games move money near real time.. here it takes years IF you are financially secure enough to rotate the amount of ped needed to cycle thru to uberdom.

Those other games skills count and the rewards are proprtional to them.. not to how much money they can throw at it..

MASSIVE difference between EU and all them other games.

That couldnt possibly be due to fees to put money in game,, fees to take money out... Oh and how many months do we need to wait IF we are one of the chosen who are allowed to withdrawl?

It could be. What does this have to do with anything? EU actually allows you to take money out if you are so lucky. None of those other games do. None of them.

Paypal transfers are instant just like CC depos.. That concept alone answers the main part of all this.
What does paypal have to do with this? Its a payment medium. One that EU does not accept due to the potential for fraud in a real cash economy. That's a feature these other games don't have, so don't need to worry about. Someone does a chargeback in those games, no problem. Ban the account.

Those games move money near real time.. here it takes years IF you are financially secure enough to rotate the amount of ped needed to cycle thru to uberdom.

They dont move money at all. Unless it is into their wallet. What is your point here?

Those other games skills count and the rewards are proprtional to them.. not to how much money they can throw at it..

No this is not how they work. In other free to play games you must spend alot of money to get anywhere. The weapons you loot are junk. You must deposit lots into the item mall, breaking multiple weapons and suits of armor as you try to upgrade. Many high end weapons cost hundreds of USD as a result. Then when you finally do upgrade the moment you equip the item it is bound to your character, non tradeable. And in 15 or so levels you will need to replace it. All to what? Get a bigger loot so that you can pay more money for bigger heal potions and other bigger items. Its a net zero transaction, with the item mall bringing the swing ultimately in favor of the game publisher.

MASSIVE difference between EU and all them other games.

Yes, but its not the difference you're highlighting. Both types of 'free' to play games are only free on the surface. In reality they are very expensive. The difference between EU and other games is EU allows you to take some money back out.

I must admit this news kind of shocked me. During the time I had an item worth 1000Euro in EU I always felt a bit crazy for it. So ultimately I sold it for the same price once I got good use out of it. Then made a withdrawal for 1.5k US$. I think this removes a bit of the crazyness. However spending 1k Euro you will never see again on a bunch of pixels is outright insane. I am well aware that 1000Euro is not much to some ppl and I could quite easily spent that ammount on something myself if I think it makes perfect sense. I have 500$ in Calypso Land Deeds now because I think that is a good investment. So yes if you are looking to spent money on promising pixels then by all means pick the Land Deeds here... not the drones or guns or whatever. xD

It could be. What does this have to do with anything? EU actually allows you to take money out if you are so lucky. None of those other games do. None of them.

Well schleppy If you applied these answers in context with the original posted question and not out of your fragile sensibilities of what I post you would see these answer directly to it. Oh and you forget that other games DO let you take out money...Ill let you research that again since we get deleted if we mention other games.

What does paypal have to do with this? Its a payment medium. One that EU does not accept due to the potential for fraud in a real cash economy. That's a feature these other games don't have, so don't need to worry about. Someone does a chargeback in those games, no problem. Ban the account.

Yes we can take money directly out of game..Most of the F2P games thrive on out of game Peer to peer trading and you know this if you actually played one for mor ethen 5 minutes. The only real draw to the system we have is added security.. but still ZERO recourse for scamming and accidents as all trades are final.

Paypal use has MUCH to do with the topic as thats how alot of trading is done on these item mall based games.

They dont move money at all. Unless it is into their wallet. What is your point here?

Well again apply my reponse tpo the orginal topic. Money does move in those other games. Just not within a secure manor that MA trys to dictate. We ALL know EU also has trading going on outside the game in these same manors.

No this is not how they work. In other free to play games you must spend alot of money to get anywhere. The weapons you loot are junk. You must deposit lots into the item mall, breaking multiple weapons and suits of armor as you try to upgrade. Many high end weapons cost hundreds of USD as a result. Then when you finally do upgrade the moment you equip the item it is bound to your character, non tradeable. And in 15 or so levels you will need to replace it. All to what? Get a bigger loot so that you can pay more money for bigger heal potions and other bigger items. Its a net zero transaction, with the item mall bringing the swing ultimately in favor of the game publisher.

Uhh no in other games you DONT have to spend lots of money in the item malls. I have played a few of them and NEVER put money in an item mall. In game money comes soo easily you can literally pave streets with it in those games. There are ALWAYS many people that buy item mall stuff and resell that to get their in game money instead of grinding for it. In the games I did play I had much top gear and never spent a penny I just kept buying uber item mall shit from the kids whos parents use their credit cards as the baby sitter.

Yes, but its not the difference you're highlighting. Both types of 'free' to play games are only free on the surface. In reality they are very expensive. The difference between EU and other games is EU allows you to take some money back out.

Again apply this to the original post asking what must be done to get these people dumping money into in game items and you will find the biggest difference is the structure MA uses to move money between themselves and the players..
People depo and the money instantly gets to MA...People try to withdrawl and MA holds it for months for "Security" reasons...That bullshit way to do buisness is what keeps MA from growing this game and making them look like a sham in the eyes of "Normal" people. The P2P trading outside the game is what draws others into item mall games. Do I agree with the way that works no..other wise I would be there playing and not here. The secureity feature drew me to EU.. If I had researched the end game goal I set earlier and learned how the withdrawl process is set up I probably would have NEVER started playing. I bought into the hype just like many I am sure have.

Well schleppy If you applied these answers in context with the original posted question and not out of your fragile sensibilities of what I post you would see these answer directly to it. Oh and you forget that other games DO let you take out money...Ill let you research that again since we get deleted if we mention other games.

Point out one that lets you withdraw money from their system. I'll help. Navigate your way over to MMORPG.com they have a comprehensive list there of MMO games available. The answer is: None. Which means that your facts are made up and you dont know what you're talking about. And we don't get deleted if we mention other games. Watch and learn:

Perfect World
Jade Dynasty
Loong
Darkfall Online
Firefall
Aika
Ultima Online

As for your references to the OP, trying to claim your points had some validity through proclaiming my ignorance of the original topic, here's the OP for your reference.

Interesting post here about a game called Dark Orbit which is a F2P game where they released a single item for 1000 euros and made roughly 4 Million USD from it so far.

And this is without any ROI! what do we need to do to get these types of players... I understand the difference in that EU costs money to continue playing whereas it doesnt in Dark Orbit but still for that price they could buy 10 deeds and fund thier gameplay easily with the returns.

In short, the OP and your post are clearly divergent topics. :topic: The OP is about expensive item mall items that don't pay you back, and drawing a question between the value of those items vs the value of items purchased in EU that actually pay you back. They are wondering why people would pay for those types of games given the alternative.

Your post is about how item mall games are soooo much better and you can actually trade in them and move money real fast and Paypal and illegal Peer to Peer trading somehow equaling a legal and recognized RCE and other clearly imagined junk. You are wondering why EU doesn't get redesigned according to your personal and glorious road map, and have decided to attempt to derail this thread by inserting a bunch of your own personal pet causes, thinking this is an opportunity to get a point across about Paypal and speedy bank transfers, or whatever your point happened to actually be. :bandit:

About the only worthwhile thing you said in your post, in my opinion, was the word Schleppy. It was funny. Thanks for making me laugh this morning. A smile a day. :girl: In the meantime, I don't think I'll be replying to you again. You remind me of another member of your society, wizzszz. I don't think I need to go any further there, so I won't.

Toodles.

Point out one that lets you withdraw money from their system. I'll help. Navigate your way over to MMORPG.com they have a comprehensive list there of MMO games available. The answer is: None. Which means that your facts are made up and you dont know what you're talking about. And we don't get deleted if we mention other games. Watch and learn:

Perfect World
Jade Dynasty
Loong
Darkfall Online
Firefall
Aika
Ultima Online

As for your references to the OP, trying to claim your points had some validity through proclaiming my ignorance of the original topic, here's the OP for your reference.

In short, the OP and your post are clearly divergent topics. :topic: The OP is about expensive item mall items that don't pay you back, and drawing a question between the value of those items vs the value of items purchased in EU that actually pay you back. They are wondering why people would pay for those types of games given the alternative.

Your post is about how item mall games are soooo much better and you can actually trade in them and move money real fast and Paypal and illegal Peer to Peer trading somehow equaling a legal and recognized RCE and other clearly imagined junk. You are wondering why EU doesn't get redesigned according to your personal and glorious road map, and have decided to attempt to derail this thread by inserting a bunch of your own personal pet causes, thinking this is an opportunity to get a point across about Paypal and speedy bank transfers, or whatever your point happened to actually be. :bandit:

About the only worthwhile thing you said in your post, in my opinion, was the word Schleppy. It was funny. Thanks for making me laugh this morning. A smile a day. :girl: In the meantime, I don't think I'll be replying to you again. You remind me of another member of your society, wizzszz. I don't think I need to go any further there, so I won't.

Toodles.

Second life ?
Afterworld (adverts you can take money out but I dont think they got to that point yet)

The point that Item mall games and other mmos such as WoW have things that do pay you back regardless of the legality of it still stands true.. people DO make money off them far easier then can be done in EU plain and simple.
As far as you stating what I think regarding ANYTHING well yer clueless. I am most definately NOT a fan of Item mall games thats why I rarely play them. Again you show your oblvious to what people write other then to use in a sad manor to provoke them which is why myself and other people laugh at you when you do things like this.

As far as personal desires how EU should operate well everyone has them even you. But again a lack of reading comprehension skills shines thru in what you post suposedly pointing out what MY thought processes are.

I will and DO thank you for not responding to any more of my posts as you mental prowess in reading my mind simply overwhelms me and I am sure Wizzszz and myself will again have a good laugh over it all when we see each other in game again. I will also debate with him you holding 2 Bachelor degrees..should I keep transcripts of that conversation for you? I would suggest however you go back and review your liberal arts portions of your degrees in ANY case it will help you greatly in the future.

I guess you miss the point. You are focusing about the 1000$ items when you forget about the 65 million registered users. Point is they made a game that is free to play and funny also for people that don t deposit. Inside those 65 millions people it s not a problem to found some that want to deposit or want to deposit a lot. It looks strange??? well we have people here that brought malls, asteroid, space vessels..... and we are how many? 100.000 players??? I think this should be a nice lesson for MA. Focus on the game play, especially the free to play part, and money will naturally follow.
But mine are just words wasted in the wind.

Back