WoF 2012 News and Request for Player Input

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Ok, here's the official word; there WILL be a WoF 2012.

The 6th Annual WORLD of FIREPOWER free-to-enter-Open-to-all-International Team Hunting Tournament
will start later than usual.

I am currently awaiting the installation of a new BT broadband supply (have been for nearly 12 months actually, but it seems they might actually achieve it soon), and until that arrives, I can't entertain promoting, recruiting and running the WoF. I've hobbled along the last 3 years on other people's internet and I wanna use my own, goddammit!:) So for now you can all eagerly await the tournament but nothing's happening until I go live. If this looks like not happening I shall form a plan B and let you all know.

SO: Think about forming teams by all means. Especailly new teams. There will be more incentives for new teams and smaller teams this time around.

Team registration should be up on the forum aroundlate Jan/Early Feb. When the sub-forum is started, Join or form your National team of choice, read the Rules, and off you go. Hopefully in-game and forum ads will be running by then too.

Tournament Heats should start somewhere around April.

ANY QUESTIONS or SUGGESTIONS can be posted in this thread, I will get a chance to read it and I welcome your input. Want to make the 6th WoF go smoothly. So, favourite mobs, least favourite, etc, it all helps.

Land Owners: We can offer sponsorship of rounds. However, lessons from last year have changed the offer a bit. I will update this as soon as I can.

Thanks for your continuing support of the greatest event on Entropia....

See you all soon.:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Great stuff Hurri :yay:

Glad to see you still kicking about :silly2:

Welcome back to t'interwebs :yay:

my suggestion, as probably made before, is that the format needs to be made shorter, snappier for wide participation. too many lost interest last years.

I hope that the April start is an error or flexible as there will be a lot of moaning about that, with people leaving game land in the spring to find sunny outdoor recreation.

also, have you ever consisdered 3G connection? or are you that remote...

WOF WOF WOF!!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

TYVM for your efforts! We love it!

Let's Do This!!!!

Good to have you back here ...
Will be a challenge this time to gather enough folks this year.

I am still here. Hope it'll work smooth.

Event of the year... WOF team South Africa will be there with a vengeance :yay::yay::yay:

Looking forward to another wof!

Suggestion: no mobs with low spawnrate pls :bowdown:
Very welcome: mobs that count for the iron challenge :cheer:
Hate: neconu (specially after MM) :mad:

After MM I would like to be on a WoF team.

I reside in USA so if anyone has link or contact info for a team I should join send me a PM.

Thanks

Team Rocktropia came to learn last year, this year we will come to win :)

After MM I would like to be on a WoF team.

I reside in USA so if anyone has link or contact info for a team I should join send me a PM.

Thanks

Join team Benelux:)

Last years felt too small and too fast on too high level mobs. Lower costs would attract more players, especially new ones and lower levels.

Also with more and more planets going online, one should rethink if it should be something only on Calypso or really a Universe wide event. Not sure if the populations on the others are already high enough to make seperate events there with a final universal showdown, but could be an interesting twist to see maybe WoF Team DACH Calypso against WoF Team DACH Rocktropia in the finals :D (or enter any team name instead of DACH :D )
Maybe a bit to early for that idea, but something too keep in mind for the future.

What I also would like to see is something like a longer running league battling, but seems no one can be arsed to organize something like that (and i can't be either :D )

... Team registration should be up on the forum aroundlate Jan/Early Feb. When the sub-forum is started, Join or form your National team of choice, read the Rules, and off you go. Hopefully in-game and forum ads will be running by then too. ...

Soooo ... hopefully we will see another post from Hurrikane soon?

Also with more and more planets going online, one should rethink if it should be something only on Calypso or really a Universe wide event. Not sure if the populations on the others are already high enough to make seperate events there with a final universal showdown, but could be an interesting twist to see maybe WoF Team DACH Calypso against WoF Team DACH Rocktropia in the finals :D (or enter any team name instead of DACH :D )
Maybe a bit to early for that idea, but something too keep in mind for the future.

I don't think other planets are an option for this year.
a) It takes to much time to move to other planets
b) teams won't like to split themself into fractions
c) organizers and judges have to move and/or split too
d) WoF was a Calypso competition and should be that at least for this year.

First of all: Let's see if Hurrikane can manage to get online ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah, stay at Calypso with WoF.

Moving through space takes to much time!

Internet; not yet. Still waiting on further updates. The service offered by BT really is the worst I've ever encountered.

WoF: Still on, very much on Calypso for this year. Whether new planets end up as destinations is something that can wait until 2013. Other planets will be allowed to enter teams though, and certain rounds will have the OPTION of hunting on their home turf. That's the OPTION for those about to say "we don't wanna travel":)

Will keep you posted. Better a late WoF than no WoF eh?

Hurrikane

Alloooooo all,
Glad the WoF goes on.
The later start suits me as well, due to RL.

See you all in a while...

Last edited:
When are the sub forums coming ?

When are the sub forums coming ?
Hurrkane is still not online it seems.

So any moderator out there who feels strong enough to make a WoF 2012 thread? With a "Team"-section, where all teams can start at?

Put my recruiting thread in the 2011 section... maybe a Mod can remedy and move ?

Not a lot of movement here Hurri.
Hows BT ? and prospects?

Actually i think a lot of people are still tired from last years WoF.

I would not mind if the event only happens once every 2 years and then a bit more spread out of a longer period.
One match a month or so.
And i know of a lot of other players who have the same kind of feeling.

It is a great event but the intensity takes its toll and budget.

Cheers
Siam

I would not mind if the event only happens once every 2 years and then a bit more spread out of a longer period.
One match a month or so.

Cheers
Siam

The main issue appears to be comitment and a rally of support to pursue.
I recognise there has been a lot of change that impacts upon how the event is run, and how it is subscribed !
Perhaps the method WoF is rolled out this year, has become so fraught with complexity given the advent of new planets? it is getting so hard to organise why waste your time ?
With respect your opinion has merit, however one year lost in my opinion will herald the potential of total loss.
WoF is a stalwart of partnerships within community and need to be sustained.
Thankyou Hurri and crew.....WOF WOF WOF ;)
Cheers
Xaph

Last edited:
WoF or not WoF 2012??!!??

Hey all,
Hurrikane, we return!!!!!!!
Is my 3rd WoF & i like this competition ;)

Thanks Hurri, juge, team, country & all leader of previous WoF

Ps : Team France is ready for fun & fight :D

One match a month or so.

Cheers
Siam

I would not mind a year of WOF break as well, specially because I go on holidays in april, so coördinating support will not be possible for me at the first matches.

Only would mean double fun next year! Of course we can still have a Real Life WOF Benelux Teambuilding Party. To keep the teams warmed up:)

BUT, if there is a WOF, Team Benelux will participate for sure and kick some USA, Aussie, Swedish, French and any other ass we need to kick to win this time! :tongue2:

what i would like to see is some restrictions in firepower, which get of course smaller and smaller during the event and fall in the semi finals and finals. I know i helped a lot to drive dmg/sec to its edges in WoF 2010, but somehow i also miss the good old WoF 2008 and 2009 feeling (i guess for 2007 it was the same but i didnt participate back then) when we went out with normal sized guns and still had tons of fun...

I also know that many didnt like the merger idea of a WoF Team DACH and i think some are still mad at me for starting this. So after a long thinking process i decided to not lead a merger team anymore.

Id also like to see some restrictions in the predamaging. Again i was part of the process to drive this to its very edges but i didnt start it, the brits and australians started that 2008 i think.

So if ppl get bored by an oldschool WoF in a few years again, we can let go all the restrictions again, but for now it looks like that everyone is tired to tame the beast of firepower that we created.

How about Eco-WoF? Doesnt really sound like world of firepower, but i guess many of us older WoF participants have seen what we needed to see...

I dont think its 100% necessary to restrict the usage of fapers, but hey this might be a challenging thing too. Maybe its good for the mainteam in the qualifiers.

Just some ideas from my side. Now with the enhancers and bigtime L weapons a single player has the chance to get a serious portion of firepower anyway since its possible to get the 100dmg/sec average on HA 10/10 UNDER level 50. Just to name X1 Dante tier 7 dmg enhanced as example. Thats sick but its possible.

*clampingshitstormumbrella*

what i would like to see is some restrictions in firepower,

:dunce: i mean really... what is the F in WoF stand for? apart from the fact that such restrictions detract from the whole purpose of WoF, Hurrikane has always been clear the rules are those that can be controled. who and how are going to police someone using a certain size weapon?

:dunce: i mean really... what is the F in WoF stand for? apart from the fact that such restrictions detract from the whole purpose of WoF, Hurrikane has always been clear the rules are those that can be controled. who and how are going to police someone using a certain size weapon?

i am fully aware, been out there with upto 300dmg/sec per mainteam-player-team often enough... i think it was 18 or 19 times now. But if you see that these matches cost upto ~4.5k ped for each mainteam player in each match, you can make your calculation and judge for yourself if you are willing and able to "take part" in this. This is the beast and not many can tame it, trust me.

And isnt it all about taking part? Ive also participated in "outsider-teams" before the DACH-merger. In 2008 i fought for Germany and in 2009 for Team Amethera. Especially in 2009 when the whole predamaging insanity began it felt like the match was lost before you even started. And in 2010 i made many teams feeling the same way and i heard often enough that i am the guy to blame.

I could have a competitive team like this and maybe in a "world of firepower" all these concerns here are a bit irrational. But i know that the fun-factor in this is strictly one-sided and dominated by maybe 4-5 teams. In 2012 we saw a decline in the number of teams already and in this year WoF has become a taboo topic for many players, who would be in if it were a little bit more fair.

So this is not what its all about, definately not! WoF is something special for me and i know its the same for many others too. The game is hard enough, the RL situations have to be taken into consideration too, they have gotten worse for players of many countries. All i say is that it may be wise to adjust in a way, that makes sure, the whole world can participate in a fair way again.

I feel like i must be the guy to say this, because i was an huge driving force in this development myself.

WoF is a stalwart of partnerships within community and need to be sustained.

maye the most important sentence of the whole topic so far!

Last edited:
Back