WoF 2012 News and Request for Player Input

what i would like to see is some restrictions in firepower, which get of course smaller and smaller during the event and fall in the semi finals and finals. I know i helped a lot to drive dmg/sec to its edges in WoF 2010, but somehow i also miss the good old WoF 2008 and 2009 feeling (i guess for 2007 it was the same but i didnt participate back then) when we went out with normal sized guns and still had tons of fun...

I also know that many didnt like the merger idea of a WoF Team DACH and i think some are still mad at me for starting this. So after a long thinking process i decided to not lead a merger team anymore.

Id also like to see some restrictions in the predamaging. Again i was part of the process to drive this to its very edges but i didnt start it, the brits and australians started that 2008 i think.

So if ppl get bored by an oldschool WoF in a few years again, we can let go all the restrictions again, but for now it looks like that everyone is tired to tame the beast of firepower that we created.

How about Eco-WoF? Doesnt really sound like world of firepower, but i guess many of us older WoF participants have seen what we needed to see...

I dont think its 100% necessary to restrict the usage of fapers, but hey this might be a challenging thing too. Maybe its good for the mainteam in the qualifiers.

Just some ideas from my side. Now with the enhancers and bigtime L weapons a single player has the chance to get a serious portion of firepower anyway since its possible to get the 100dmg/sec average on HA 10/10 UNDER level 50. Just to name X1 Dante tier 7 dmg enhanced as example. Thats sick but its possible.

*clampingshitstormumbrella*

Predamaging?

Mate we (Australia) meet at the start then go take position at the spawns we are allocated then we wait till we get the GO GO GO and we go kill shit in large quantities until we get the "TIME" from the team captain.

I have no idea what the hell your on about regards predamaging, maybe explain it seeing you actually say you did it.

Predamaging?

Mate we (Australia) meet at the start then go take position at the spawns we are allocated then we wait till we get the GO GO GO and we go kill shit in large quantities until we get the "TIME" from the team captain.

I have no idea what the hell your on about regards predamaging, maybe explain it seeing you actually say you did it.

Its not important who started it, in the end it was Hurrikane who accepted it and since its about firepower for good reason! Its important to see that predamaging can be an actual threat to WoF, mergers too and everything that bends the rules in favor of your home country/flag whatsoever. Keyword here is not to blame anyone, its to make it more fair to everyone participanting. I recognize Australia and also UK as great WoF nations, dont get me wrong, you did everything right and i remember Australia fought some awesome matches. Whether or not you used predamagers, i seriously doubt you had a choice if you take the moblists into consideration that we have seen in the past years.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?189576-***SEMI-FINAL-Moblist***

We shared this experience here in 2010 and it says it all.

Its not important who started it, in the end it was Hurrikane who accepted it and since its about firepower for good reason! Its important to see that predamaging can be an actual threat to WoF, mergers too and everything that bends the rules in favor of your home country/flag whatsoever. Keyword here is not to blame anyone, its to make it more fair to everyone participanting. I recognize Australia and also UK as great WoF nations, dont get me wrong, you did everything right and i remember Australia fought some awesome matches. Whether or not you used predamagers, i seriously doubt you had a choice if you take the moblists into consideration that we have seen in the past years.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?189576-***SEMI-FINAL-Moblist***

We shared this experience here in 2010 and it says it all.

I didnt ask who started it i asked what the hell it was? :) You brought up who supposedly started it, whatever IT is, i'm just asking "what is predamaging according to you?"

Do you mean the softeners for the main team?

I didnt ask who started it i asked what the hell it was? :) You brought up who supposedly started it, whatever IT is, i'm just asking "what is predamaging according to you?"

Do you mean the softeners for the main team?

softeners hehe, yeah probably. Support people who get a weapon and ammo from the mainteam hunter they shoot for, --> predamager, but who do not loot themselves. Hard to believe this still needs to be explained, but maybe you just used the word "softener" instead of "predamager". I find "softener" even the better word for it, because predamaging does not happen before the mainteam hunter starts to shoot, it happens while he is shooting. He simply uses a bigger dmg/sec and thus gets the loot rights almost every time.

Softener: Those in the field with the player unteamed to main team who damage less than 50% after the call of competition start in effort exact advantage to the avatar killing that mob and induvidually looting it!

Pre-damager: Those in the field with the player unteamed to main team who damage less than 50% before the call of competition start in effort exact advantage to the avatar killing that mob and induvidually looting it!

It's a Hare and Tortoise thing :)

Last edited:
softeners hehe, yeah probably. Support people who get a weapon and ammo from the mainteam hunter they shoot for, --> predamager, but who do not loot themselves. Hard to believe this still needs to be explained, but maybe you just used the word "softener" instead of "predamager". I find "softener" even the better word for it, because predamaging does not happen before the mainteam hunter starts to shoot, it happens while he is shooting. He simply uses a bigger dmg/sec and thus gets the loot rights almost every time.

yeah well predamage to me would be going out before the start and damaging a stack of mobs, so they are both different words.

So you want it to be cheaper? How much do you think it would cost a main team player if he didnt have softeners?

And you want it to be fair? How many europeans have supremacy MM's etc etc and have played since the start or for many many years? Do we get everyone in pixie with apis?

I would say softening is used so that teams like Australia who have the numbers but do not have the people with 300+ health and the heavy duty gear can even compete in the finals, if you remove softening then guess what comes next? "TEAM COMMONWEALTH".

Thats 52 countries with 2 billion people.

It's World Of Firepower that to me is bring what you got and shoot it, not lets make it even so people who dont get off their arse and recruit can have a chance, We work very hard to get the numbers as we know we dont have the high end skills and high end gear most of the usual winning teams have but we do it anyway and when we win.. it will be from trying hard not scheming or merging or wanting it made more even.

Go Australia, we like it just teh way it is... except for the country merging crap... you dont see Ireland or Scotland merging, they got balls.

Hard to believe this still needs to be explained.

Simply asked for you version, which as we now see was different than my version.

Difference is... i can believe i had to explain it to you.

yeah well predamage to me would be going out before the start and damaging a stack of mobs, so they are both different words.

So you want it to be cheaper? How much do you think it would cost a main team player if he didnt have softeners?

And you want it to be fair? How many europeans have supremacy MM's etc etc and have played since the start or for many many years? Do we get everyone in pixie with apis?

I would say softening is used so that teams like Australia who have the numbers but do not have the people with 300+ health and the heavy duty gear can even compete in the finals, if you remove softening then guess what comes next? "TEAM COMMONWEALTH".

Thats 52 countries with 2 billion people.

It's World Of Firepower that to me is bring what you got and shoot it, not lets make it even so people who dont get off their arse and recruit can have a chance, We work very hard to get the numbers as we know we dont have the high end skills and high end gear most of the usual winning teams have but we do it anyway and when we win.. it will be from trying hard not scheming or merging or wanting it made more even.

Go Australia, we like it just teh way it is... except for the country merging crap... you dont see Ireland or Scotland merging, they got balls.

one word: LOL!

Well hello everyone.

First, the news you need to hear; there will still be a WoF this year.

My Internet is poised to be connected on March 16th, although this is the seventh or eighth date I been given for said event. This looks more promising though; they actually put the phone poles in, the cable is coiled up ten feet from the building it's due to connect to. I stare at it daily. All it seems to need now is for the biggest and some might say only telecommunications installer in the entire country to send some guy with a pair of pliers and join the f@cking thing together. It has only taken since december 2010. Yes, well over a year. To install a phone line in a building less than 100 metres from the nearest pole. And we wonder why Britannia don't rule the waves no more.

Anyhow; so I did think that if all goes well, and I'm online in late March, the following will probably have to happen before the WoF begins;

I'll have to spend a little while familiarising myself with the new stuff in the game. I have been dropping in from time to time but I can't run the WoF without a working knowledge of the spawns and LA's. Tried before, doesn't work:)

Then I want to promote it, properly. There will be a website just for WoF where the teams and Judges will register. There will be in-game ads, forum ads, virals, the works.
Anyone who fancies the Job of promoter send me a PM. It might even pay. Anyone interested in helping with the website, drop me a PM too. The same goes for anyone who wants to help in any way, be it Judging, archiving or anything you think would help.

Then we launch.

Realistically (and this is all hinging on whether British F@cking Telecom do what they should) we are now looking at WoF registration being late summer, perhaps August. By then I hope to have the people and plans in place for a sixth WoF to remember, instead of a hastily-executed mess.

To those contacting me for LA sponsorship: I will respond, but there might be a delay. Just sorting it out so we have a good deal for everyone:)

Thanks to everyone for your patience.

On matters of nationality and other rules; Most, if not all of the things I have "Allowed" have been either things I could not easily control or ingenious solutions to playing within the written rules. To apply rules is harder than most people think; a tournament operating with as much freedom as possible was a core part of the WoF's conception. When teams have pm'd me in the past to ask if something they have thought of doing is okay to do, I have never been asked anything that would constitute unfair play. In fact, as most of these tactics were originally conceived by smaller teams desperate to score higher, it can be said that their use actually levelled the playing field and made it a fairer competition all around. Some teams could use their might, others their ingenuity. The fact that these crafty takes on the rules got noticed, emulated and became legitimate styles of play (with their own names etc) is just part of how the WoF is evolving. And, most importantly; a devious team full of cheats do not ask the organiser if they can use a certain tactic, do they? They ask so that the tactic can be seen to be approved and therefore is open to be used by anyone else who thinks it will work. That's another thing; they don't all work.

So to summarise; stop worrying about what the other teams might do. Concentrate on how yours is going to score more than them. If someone adopts your killer plan next time be proud, and think of a better one.
When I launch the WoF properly I will highlight the new incentives for smaller teams, but the first two rules of WoF remain firm: Free to Enter, Open to All. It's all a big gang fight. Pick your gangs and go at it, have a blast along the way. See you all soon.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
one word: LOL!

How constructive, and it isn't a word.

edit: oh gosh i must go to the ring to defend myself... see you in WoF 2012 i will do my talking there.

edit: after recieving a PM from parlog i'd have to say i got a bit carried away in my posts and apologise for being a bit of a dick :) gl in the WoF Parlog.

Last edited:
Prizes that actually turn up would be nice.

Prizes that actually turn up would be nice.

First thing I'm doing when I get online is figuring out wtf happened with the Jackets and prizes last year and making sure it doesn't happen again.

Can't do or say any more than that, but I don't want to leave anyone pissed at the WoF, so I'll do what I can do.

Hurrikane

My Internet is poised to be connected on March 16th, although this is the seventh or eighth date I been given for said event. This looks more promising though; they actually put the phone poles in, the cable is coiled up ten feet from the building it's due to connect to. I stare at it daily.

Hurrikane

Just when the Hounds were getting used to a total anarchy style of self governance you are coming back.....

... Wait we had anarchy when you were here to so never mind ... Can't wait to see you back in game regular, but I have to warn you I have swung my blade a few times and may have broken the commandment of not having higher melee skills than you :)

OT- GO WOF 2012

How constructive, and it isn't a word.

edit: oh gosh i must go to the ring to defend myself... see you in WoF 2012 i will do my talking there.

edit: after recieving a PM from parlog i'd have to say i got a bit carried away in my posts and apologise for being a bit of a dick :) gl in the WoF Parlog.

Apology accepted, lets have some fun!

First thing I'm doing when I get online is figuring out wtf happened with the Jackets and prizes last year and making sure it doesn't happen again.

Can't do or say any more than that, but I don't want to leave anyone pissed at the WoF, so I'll do what I can do.

Hurrikane

Hurrikane I appreciate your reply but I'm referring to WoF 2008.

Hurrikane I appreciate your reply but I'm referring to WoF 2008.

I know what you're talking about. The Woffeemugs. They were promised, the WoF ran out of cash. I think everyone go their t-shirts, yes?

I am planning a batch of Woffeemugs for sale this year. I shall make sure the first 12 are kept for the England Team of 2008, the only team promised such a prize. I'll be in touch for any changes of address etc to send them out, but it might take a little while to get them. As you've waited since 2008 I guess a bit longer won't matter.

I know this is another promise that could be broken but believe me, I'm on it.

Hurrikane

Back