3.50 ped per week does not give 27-30% ROI

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
The "Become a Citizen of Planet Calypso" announcement claimed a "potential ROI of 27% - 30%".
3.50 PED per week is only 182 PED per year, which is only 18.2% -- that's substantially less than what was predicted (5.19 to 5.77).

I would have much preferred an honest announcement claiming 15-20% (which is still good). At least I wouldn't feel like I have been lied to (yet again). :mad:

Edit: 27-30% ROI will be true of price of deeds drops to around 600ped a piece.

well I would suggest you wait some more weeks, like 4 or 8 and then judge.. there's no special event going and everybody is selling out to get the deeds (which means people are not playing). Also in Holland, Belgium and parts of Germany it's Sinterklaas. But tbh I was a bit disappointed too.

On the other hand, Mindark are not lieing this time. You know it because the amount is lower than you expected. So no " they will raise the amount at first to get people hooked".

3.504 from what i saw.
but the point is this the last month wasn't too great 2 weeks was really low and then 2 weeks spiked with some usage the mu's jumped up and Sandking is now dailey destroyed :D

I am actually happy about all this and glad i invested into MA of planet calypso we can push forward together.

forgot to mention if you have deeds and wanna sell at 600ped a pop i will buy :)
lookin for more....

:dunce:

Mayhem... wait and see...

Since when is one week enough to estimate something like this? :scratch2:

60 million peds are being drained from the normal flow of the economy with these selling so it may take a while to get back to where it should be once all of the deeds are sold.

With less peds circulating the loot return lowers, with a lowered loot return people do less. Less activity means less decay and fees to hand out to deed owners. Not to mention the peds that people spent on deeds instead of anything else and have to wait for RL money to get back to normal activities.

One thing you have to remember though is that a lot of items with high MU are being sold with a lower MU due to this and that means a lot of people will deposit to buy while prices are low. New people will invest into the game and economy and their avatars with this.

Things will even out and with the advertisement that will be done things should start to really grow. Once the platform is fully back with the last few systems to be returned the game should be filling with new money to bring up the deed ROI. This is an investment and with all investments it takes time to get going. :)

Hoping to get up to 10 of them myself since I have no plans on going anywhere any time soon.:girl:

Strange, i have not gotten anything. My ped flow center says please wait and sits there with the progress bar flashing. I can not even close it. Have relogged twice and same results. It must not be distributed to everyone all at once, or since I am in a spaceship and not on Caly I can't collect it yet?

Strange, i have not gotten anything. My ped flow center says please wait and sits there with the progress bar flashing. I can not even close it. Have relogged twice and same results. It must not be distributed to everyone all at once, or since I am in a spaceship and not on Caly I can't collect it yet?

Same here and I'm in space too. A lot of things got broken in space by the last VU.

anybody knows what date to what date revenue is included here?

The "Become a Citizen of Planet Calypso" announcement claimed a "potential ROI of 27% - 30%".
3.50 PED per week is only 182 PED per year, which is only 18.2% -- that's substantially less than what was predicted (5.19 to 5.77).

I would have much preferred an honest announcement claiming 15-20% (which is still good). At least I wouldn't feel like I have been lied to (yet again). :mad:

Edit: 27-30% ROI will be true of price of deeds drops to around 600ped a piece.

Your expectations are a bit unrealistic, I can already tell. Maybe you should just stay away from this whole "investing" thing...

anybody knows what date to what date revenue is included here?
According to amount of payments - last week (7 days).

But IMHO it would be more logical to get payment since date, when you bought them (now those, who bought them in first day and in last hour got same amount of payment).

18% annual return paid on a weekly bases is nothing to be upset over(find me another money market, or mutual fund that has these performance, and all investments have risk, this one is no different). if these payments can hold up on a weekly bases i am in for at least another 20 deeds.

now the question is will other planet partners follow suit to raise capitol and what ipo prices can we expect from those planets???

indeed 18% is good. But that doesn't change the fact that MA has lie....aaaa manipulated once again the information it gave to us. I really don't think anyone will thrust MA now with a large investment... I know I won't. Better pay for my tuition fees than risk it all on these deeds.

welcome to land ownership. the one constant in land ownership is that tax is never constant. carry on.

to be fair if it is 18% paid weekly and u compound ur interest (although we cant reinvest in % of a deed, yet ;D) it's over 20% annually.

oh ya let's judge everything with one week......
*claps*

We all must have our brain caps on now......

Are we forgetting Merry Mayhem? or Longtooth? or eomon?
Or even a bot war?
those events?

oh wait it's the first week...... ...........................

you don't know what you got untill you do the math.

With auction orders (and partially also listing) not working last days, the miners as well as the hunters droubled with markup, people stuck in space and the Oasis wave hunting producing a lot less decay then the same number of people hunting solo and the economy still drained from the deed sales, 18% seems like a miracle to me.

But that doesn't change the fact that MA has lie....aaaa manipulated once again the information it gave to us. I really don't think anyone will thrust MA now with a large investment... I know I won't. Better pay for my tuition fees than risk it all on these deeds.

Learn to read.

MindArk said:
Based on Planet Calypso’s performance over the last twelve months, the potential ROI (Return of Investment) of such shares is expected to be between 27% - 30% per year.

With auction orders (and partially also listing) not working last days, the miners as well as the hunters droubled with markup, people stuck in space and the Oasis wave hunting producing a lot less decay then the same number of people hunting solo and the economy still drained from the deed sales, 18% seems like a miracle to me.

Learn to read.

well you tell me to learn to read, another guy bashes my head with a WarHammer because I dare to assume low rates like the ones we got today, saying that MA never lies and it's all a legal binding bla bla bla
I don't have to wait 1 year to find out that the potential roi will be way off

I don't have to wait 1 year to find out that the potential roi will be way off

You can assume and predict whatever you want, accusing someone of lying is a whole different thing.

when mayhem kicks off ppl will stop buying deeds and hunt thus loosing ped and more ped for owners ;D

I wonder how much of the money paid out does not get withdrawn and gets cycled over and over. With game getting 50% in the end, they get most of all the payouts back anyways. Genius

lol, things are getting interesting to me...

the community is gonna split .....one defending MA/Caly another will be active finding faults:

And once the politics of calypso is implemented. I wonder how things are gonna look like!

I think the moderators should take the back bench... their role for the most part should be to keep the forum organized

Last edited:
lol, things are getting interesting to me...

the community is gonna split .....one defending MA/Caly another will be active finding faults:

And once the politics of calypso is implemented. I wonder how things are look like!

I think the moderators should take the back bench... their role for the most part should be to keep the forum organized

What else is new? This has been the case forever. The conspiracy theorists put on their tin foil hats and scream "lies" and "scam." The moderates adopt a wait and see approach. And then there's the sunny side people, who try to maintain a positive outlook no matter what.

Overall in this particular instance I am going to consider myself moderate to sunny. I am happy with my purchase of these land lots. I know this week has been low, but these things fluctuate week to week. They have to in order to have a market. Theyll fluctuate month to month, and year to year too.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that over time 30% is really a conservative estimate. I think it may be. But I'm not blind to the fact that things could always get worse. There's a point though where you have to ask yourself as a poster and player - do my opinions only count as my own opinions, or do they have a wider effect?

In this particular case moderate optimism I think is very appropriate, and helpful to the situation at large.

Guys, is it not possible that this week's return is based only on the time since the last VU started up? Think about it, we did not have the ped flow center before the VU, so the code for collecting taxes probably wasn't implemented until then. There's probably a good chance that this weeks taxes is based only on a portion of the week.

Bertha Bot posted the VU content release on 11-30 ~16:00 on my timer. So until payouts we had approximately 4 days and 8 hours for gathering taxes. If we were to add in the 2 days and 16 hours pre-VU, that is a little bit over a 50% increase in time to allow the system to gather taxes.

The math:
4 days & 8 hours expanded is 104 hours
2 days and 16 hours ' ' 64 hours

64/104hours = 61% of 3.5 peds revenue per deed missing

3.5 * .61 = 2.135 peds theoretically missed out on
3.5 + 2.135 = 5.635

5.635peds * 4(~weeks in a month) * 12(months in a year) = 270 peds

1k/deed/270 = 27% ROI

I could be completely wrong of course.

Update

The Calypso Land Deed payment was for revenue generated during the 7 day period of November 28 - December 4.

The latest version update added the end-user interface for receiving and tracking payments (PED Flow Center). However, the internal systems which track activity and revenue on the various planets within Entropia have been in place for quite a while, so the tracking of activity and revenue related to Land Deeds was not affected by the version update made last week.

12/11 - 27.6% return this week. I'm guessing my initial thought was correct, MA doesn't know it's own programming sometimes :p

Last edited:
I for one am overjoyed with an 18% return :wtg:. With the slowdown in activity over the last couple of weeks I expected it to be less. I think eventually we'll see it average out at about 20-25% (which is a good 15-20% higher than anything my bank will offer me at the moment). And if the planned marketing campaign is even moderately succesfull it could easily double over the next year.

I for one am overjoyed with an 18% return :wtg:. With the slowdown in activity over the last couple of weeks I expected it to be less. I think eventually we'll see it average out at about 20-25% (which is a good 15-20% higher than anything my bank will offer me at the moment). And if the planned marketing campaign is even moderately succesfull it could easily double over the next year.

You echo my thoughts precisely on all accounts.

Isn't the income calculated on the yearly average? So then you indeed know how much the ROI will be and MA knew this upfront as well.

So my calculation that a deed is worth 600 - 660 ped wasn't so bad after all. (After the bad reps that I only calculated to 'talk' the price down to get em 'cheap' myself)

I wish my building society account paid 18%

But fair enough, if you are disappointed, I'm sure there will be buyers.

Back