3.50 ped per week does not give 27-30% ROI

Well I am happy with this 18% first week.

I got some RL investments that yield 8%, the 18% are definately better.
And I save deposit fee for that 18% profit, what I would have to pay if I would use some of the 8% I receive end of the year :)

Beside that to get to the expect 27-30% / year, you need to have the data about a full year.

Many events will come along, as every year.
Mayhem, Migration, BotWar, WoF and whatever will come to MAs mind to make people spent more than usual.

All this together, and surely the daily all time playing makes the one year profit.

The deeds definately let me play on my level at lower cost, as I will save many small deposits, for each one I would have to pay the deposit fee.

BTW, if you are not satisfied with the return you receive, I am buying Calypso Land Deeds!

It would be very interesting to have someone with a financial/investment background calculate a fair valuation of the land deed as if it were a real traded commodity. To be fair, the closest approximation is probably a $100 5 year bond.. For which an 18% dividend is actually quite awesome. The problem is, it's not a true bond (which would always be redeemable for $100 at the end of the term unless the issuer became insolvent). Instead the value of this 'bond' is whatever the market will bear in 5 years, and that is very much up in the air and difficult to predict.

I guess you would evaluate this as an interest only strip. Undated, variable rate, interest only strip.

I have been around long enough to know how MindArk is when it comes to projections or estimates.

If you spend $100 on a deed and you get anything close to 25% ROI annually I will eat my hat. :tiphat:

No hat eating for me :silly2:

At least not for this week.

Has anyone also taken into account deposit fee to purchase the deeds that most have had to pay (not me I am not getting any deeds). Don't forget the withdrawal charges to also get the investment back out, and the excruciatingly long wait to get your money back 40 days with stories of 60+ days. Need to factor that in also to get a true perspective of how long it will take to get 100% of your investment back.

I know some used their already existing PED which was smart, but for those that thought of this as a get rich quick opportunity, deposited lots to turn a quick buck, I am afraid you have been duped, sorry to say. I'm still thinking 5+ years to get your money back from them deeds, long term people that just wanted to own a piece of a game congrats, the others looking for instant profit, you have to live with a painful reality, that many had warned about.

Has anyone also taken into account deposit fee to purchase the deeds that most have had to pay (not me I am not getting any deeds). Don't forget the withdrawal charges to also get the investment back out, and the excruciatingly long wait to get your money back 40 days with stories of 60+ days. Need to factor that in also to get a true perspective of how long it will take to get 100% of your investment back.

I know some used their already existing PED which was smart, but for those that thought of this as a get rich quick opportunity, deposited lots to turn a quick buck, I am afraid you have been duped, sorry to say. I'm still thinking 5+ years to get your money back from them deeds, long term people that just wanted to own a piece of a game congrats, the others looking for instant profit, you have to live with a painful reality, that many had warned about.

Or... you could just buy it to support the game (and get a bit of peds in return). :)

Or... you could just buy it to support the game (and get a bit of peds in return). :)

Very True sbi, very true, although I am pretty sure that was not high on most peoples minds when they quickly gobbled them up and are now complaining about being disappointed.

Why don't you form deed groups to share the deposit/withdraw fees between all the members?

i.e. group of six players, only one deposits/withdraw, so fee=originalfee/6, then share the returns ingame. <scam alert | friends only>

Why don't you form deed groups to share the deposit/withdraw fees between all the members?

i.e. group of six players, only one deposits/withdraw, so fee=originalfee/6, then share the returns ingame. <scam alert | friends only>

??????????????

1 Player deposits 10k PED - 5% = 50 PED deposit fee

1 Player deposits 1k PED - 5% = 5 PED deposit fee

10 Players deposit 1k PED = 10*5PED = 50 PED depoist fee

10 Players make a investment group that buys 10 Deeds
Where is the difference between 10 People depositing 1k PED or 1 People Depositing 10k PED
The fee on the 10k PED needed is the same !!!!

Same counts for withdraws, dosen´t matter if 1 withdraws 10k or 10 withdraw 1k, the fee will be the same!

Roll on 12/12/11 and a similar thread or this one continuing on.

Will the payout be higher or lower? If its lower will there be panic / conspiracy / riots?

Come on now, some of you must have bought shares in the past, you have to keep them for months or years to see the benefit.

If you want to sell, you might want to wait till after the Merry Mayhem.....

:)

Will the payout be higher or lower? If its lower will there be panic / conspiracy / riots?

There are always people that complain it is the way of life.... Some will always complain they got shafted even though they knew they would, all part of society.

If you want to sell, you might want to wait till after the Merry Mayhem.....

Will there even be Merry Mayhem this year I have yet to see any announcements and I wanted to participate this year, last year I was way to noobish to even try but came a long way in a year and was going to give it a shot.

Very True sbi, very true, although I am pretty sure that was not high on most peoples minds when they quickly gobbled them up and are now complaining about being disappointed.

I suspect that as usual many of the people here complaining are not actually participating.

Back