Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

I like the returns.
My bank offers me 0.8%
Yes. Risk of loosing. Blablabla.

Still heaps better in entropia.

I just don't see why people keep complaining so much.
Like it helps?
Enjoy the ped ur receiving.
If u want more go and decay a few thousand peds per week.

Sry. Just annoyed. Xd

Nicely said and 0.8... its dropping towards 0.0 faster then you think

I like the returns.
My bank offers me 0.8%
Yes. Risk of loosing. Blablabla.

Still heaps better in entropia.

I just don't see why people keep complaining so much.
Like it helps?
Enjoy the ped ur receiving.
If u want more go and decay a few thousand peds per week.

Sry. Just annoyed. Xd

MA chose to wear this mantle when they boasted, in their initial offer, returns would be between 20%-30%.
While I am very happy that I chose to join them in this venture, I should be happier when my initial investment has been repaid. Looking at the current returns this should be in about 6 months from now, from then on it's back to Party time :)

MA chose to wear this mantle when they boasted, in their initial offer, returns would be between 20%-30%.

...and they were for the first ~2 years so let them boast.

Good to see you will recoup your initial outlay on the investment soon.

good point sammy, i dont understand those ppl either.

If the return is stabilizing around 2.5-3 PED per week, its still better than a lot of investment you can make.
Are there actually ppl who think 10-20% return is possible over a long period of time ... c'mon, a bit away from reality isn't it :)

If the return is stabilizing around 2.5-3 PED per week, its still better than a lot of investment you can make.
Are there actually ppl who think 10-20% return is possible over a long period of time ... c'mon, a bit away from reality isn't it :)

Ofc it's beter than lot other ivestments, but at same time worse than even much more other investments.

Don't know if it is long period of time but i am at 6th year of investment which is yealding 25% a year. So i am not thinking only it is possible, i know it.

Who are "those ppl" :p, is this an us against them discussion?, arent we all in the same team :p
My interest lies in the interesting angle that either there are less people playing on calypso, or there is less people playing overall - since that is what factors the payout.
Since im concerned about the entropia future, which seems to mainly depend on what big new expensive things they implement, then i guess im one of these people too.

Entropia has given my alot of fun throughout the many many years ive been playing (here since pregold), so i want it to survive, but this thermometer is pointing slowly to the cold north. Dont want this comment to be a self proclaiming prophecy but the pure data says one thing, and the hopes of the community another :)

Less people playing on Calypso definitely.. less people playing.. maybe.

Investing loads of money into CLD at this moment does not look good as a starter. Maybe some risktakers will do it, but they seem to be avoiding this game and focus on app gamble/invest games. It's a grim feature, for both EU and real life dollar.

last month I've been for the first time in 2 years on other planet, not shooting on calypso.
What did I miss guys?
I'm back now, all good?

Who are "those ppl" :p, is this an us against them discussion?, arent we all in the same team :p
My interest lies in the interesting angle that either there are less people playing on calypso, or there is less people playing overall - since that is what factors the payout.
Since im concerned about the entropia future, which seems to mainly depend on what big new expensive things they implement, then i guess im one of these people too.

Entropia has given my alot of fun throughout the many many years ive been playing (here since pregold), so i want it to survive, but this thermometer is pointing slowly to the cold north. Dont want this comment to be a self proclaiming prophecy but the pure data says one thing, and the hopes of the community another :)

We are one big family, MA incl. ;)

Ofc less ppl playing these days. I see the whole process as a "hype-cycle" thing.
A passionate and hc playerbase will stay, some new players will come and some older ones will left but a core will be there and keep the game alive.

What makes me a bit sad and disapointed is the general development direction ("pokemon"/compet app game thing). EU has so much potential to be a big number in the gamingmarket, MA pls focus on that ffs :)

What makes me a bit sad and disapointed is the general development direction ("pokemon"/compet app game thing). EU has so much potential to be a big number in the gamingmarket, MA pls focus on that ffs :)

I disagree; we now live a world with 1000’s of MMO’s where everyone has a smart phone, and most have access to wi-fi.

EU might have been “up-there” 10 years ago, but it only survives now by pushing ever more expensive item sales, and drifting down a path of ever increasing avatar investment (pushing even more players out of the affordability curve). You need to buy the fruit machine before you can start to play it, in other words $10K’s of equipment is required before you even take a shot. Back in the day a Justy MKII was just fine, it was affordable fun for mid level playing and returns would last ages.

I do have to smile at those trying to resell $5000 armour sets. Face it, you were ‘done’ big time. Wakey wakey.

Anyhow; I’ve been playing “mobile strike” the last 5 days on my smart phone. After paying to play EU for many years, I’m on a personal mission to see how far I can go without paying a single penny to this ‘app’ game. The game pushes tons of deposit ads, but once you get used to overlooking that, it’s great challenge. People are paying too, I’m amazed how many free “soc” bonuses I get when soc members deposit for a little mobile app game. I’m sure these mobile games don’t need a hundredth of the server overhead EU requires per player.

Most people want game “fun”, with the option of depositing for faster progress, and better rewards. But the game provides “fun” even for free players.

EU struggles to provide “fun”, even after depositing, it’s a constant struggle of losses and I’ve even got to the point that I don’t want to pay £20 for a few weeks pet food anymore. It’s boring as f***, I’m sure a tin of paint is cheaper, then I can watch my wall drying.

So Compet is the future
, and like it or not, it will most likely “support” EU.

I just hope MA give Compet a chance, before they ramp it up to insane levels and destroy it.

I hope the beta goes live this week.

Rick

Compet is a game with limited gameplay. (Good or bad we will see). EU is universe with endless actions you can make. So Compet is not the future, just very small part of it. The problem is when people start to see it only as ROI, loot return and ATH. Then you can not find fun in things that were fun to you a year or ten ago. As bad as EU is it is still the game to play after work to relax hunting into the wild. Even if it gets litle repetative after 33k of Feffoids and Mafoids. The alternative is to get stressed in CS or SC or other game where kids will destroy you in 2 seconds. Or put tons of money into HS to be able to play with the kids.
Just one more thing: MA make CLD have better ROI so I can retire finaly. I was expecting 10 PED per CLD by 2016. This 3 PED is a joke.

Compet is a game with limited gameplay. (Good or bad we will see). EU is universe with endless actions you can make. So Compet is not the future, just very small part of it. The problem is when people start to see it only as ROI, loot return and ATH. Then you can not find fun in things that were fun to you a year or ten ago. As bad as EU is it is still the game to play after work to relax hunting into the wild. Even if it gets litle repetative after 33k of Feffoids and Mafoids. The alternative is to get stressed in CS or SC or other game where kids will destroy you in 2 seconds. Or put tons of money into HS to be able to play with the kids.
Just one more thing: MA make CLD have better ROI so I can retire finaly. I was expecting 10 PED per CLD by 2016. This 3 PED is a joke.

i've seen people want to chase the ATH, HoF from day 1... be it EP bp's or hunting way above your level, 90% of these usually end up with awful returns. I took a break from EU to play DoTA and jeez, some nights i'd go to bed with boiling blood.

Regarding the Returns, im not sure they will, the way loot is dropping on caly, i dont think many can stay long... the virtual loss of thyroid and adrenal oils dropping has killed MU, i killed a few hundred Feffoids and got BLP, Laser, Shrapnel, Fragments and Surface Hardeners, next to 0% MU... while on Toulan, Cyrene and Maybe Ark, these oils drop and can be sold to traders or on the Auction

I would probably retire if we got 10 ped per cld. :)

My hope is compets will bring in some additional PED from the outside which will be spent in game and boost the CLD returns.

I'm guessing long term most of the compet players will be people who don't play EU, don't have accounts and don't hold compet deeds. All the money they spend is essentially additional money being injected into the EU economy on top of what EU participants already depo.

It is good to see the event didn't harm the payout this week too :).

I hope anyone who bought compet deeds and does not play EU realised they have to wait for 1,000 ped before they can withdraw and then pay a withdraw tax as well...

Last edited:
I hope anyone who bought compet deeds and does not play EU realised they have to wait for 1,000 ped before they can withdraw and then pay a withdraw tax as well...

I'm hoping (mildly, it should be said) that MA make some positive changes to that when ComPet comes!

Am also in favour of "peds without borders" between the two games... we shall see...
edit: dang - this is the CLD tracker thread - sorry for 'conversation' here, but withdrawals are a topic for CLD-ers too I guess

My hope is compets will bring in some additional PED from the outside which will be spent in game and boost the CLD returns.

I'm guessing long term most of the compet players will be people who don't play EU, don't have accounts and don't hold compet deeds. All the money they spend is essentially additional money being injected into the EU economy on top of what EU participants already depo.

It is good to see the event didn't harm the payout this week too :).

Considering that:

1) Compets is supposed to be independant from Entropia
2) Compet is marketing its product under the public playing entropia

I would expect that:

1) No CLD income boost will come from Compets
2) Any succesfull marketing effort will take away players from Calypso, and thus hurt CLD income.

I expect people to be active, hunt/mine/craft and realize clds drag the game down.
The change is in your hands, you have to step in and help the game, don't expect for miracles outside the game or MA.
Go out there and help the game.

I suppose that anyone who will try compet game will sooner or latter want to try EU too.
If not for other then to see real pets in EU and some of them will stay.
If compet game will be success two thingy can happen - 1. MA will continue developing money maker web/mobile games, 2. MA will gather enough money to open old dream like MindBank.
Ofc In both cases EU will survive and continue to rule in its niche.

Todays CLD payout: 3.144 peds/CLD

Back