Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

It's incredible how despite weekly returns being at consistent all time lows, the CLD prices are higher and higher.

Migration is coming soon, maybe some expect better returns during that time :)

I don't think tulips had over 8% (if I am not mistaken) roi pa. I would welcome lower CLD prices, tho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

They had quite a markup in 1636 (admittedly that was a very long time ago!)

Tulip mania reached its peak during the winter of 1636–37, when some bulbs were reportedly changing hands ten times in a day. No deliveries were ever made to fulfil any of these contracts, because in February 1637, tulip bulb contract prices collapsed abruptly and the trade of tulips ground to a halt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

They had quite a markup in 1636 (admittedly that was a very long time ago!)

Tulip mania reached its peak during the winter of 1636–37, when some bulbs were reportedly changing hands ten times in a day. No deliveries were ever made to fulfil any of these contracts, because in February 1637, tulip bulb contract prices collapsed abruptly and the trade of tulips ground to a halt

Hi Mega! :)

Maybe I was not precise enough: Of course I know about the tulip bubble but my point was that holding the tulips didn't pay interest. You could only make money by appreciation of the tulips themselves if you sold them soon enough.

Hi Mega! :)

Maybe I was not precise enough: Of course I know about the tulip bubble but my point was that holding the tulips didn't pay interest. You could only make money by appreciation of the tulips themselves if you sold them soon enough.

Yeah you are right, Tulips never paid interest just for holding onto them (ROI acronym I missed)

Anyway, I dont wish to derail the topic, especially as a CLD holder. ;)

weekly returns being at consistent all time lows
It's very easy to track the payouts in the OP's spreadsheet and see that they are not at all "consistent all time lows".

All time lows:
W1 (2011-12-05): 3.5
W4 (2011-12-26): 1.94
W213 (2015-12-28): 0

But, for the sake of argument, let's exclude the 4 lowest payouts so far (W4: 1.94, W213: 0, W216: 0.02, W218: 1.51), mabye they where all freak exceptions and should not be counted...

We then get:
W1 (2011-12-05): 3.5
W14 (2012-03-05): 2.3
W212 (2015-12-21): 2.15

So how ever you look at it, it's been about half a year since we last had an all time low payout.

Unless ofcource I have missed something in the excel-file, in which case I'm sure some one will correct me shortley.

Last edited:
The spreadsheet is perfect.
No flaws.
Guess it has all info that we need.
Not really feel like I gotta add more.

And returns?
Lot more than my bank offers me.
I'm fine thanks.

In regards to ppl looking at the lowest payouts -> also look at the payout that comes after, sometimes it catches up. What the reson for this is i dont know, but maybe holidays or something bureaucratical.

In another angle though - the return is and has always been on a steady decline. Look at AVG ROI.
It would be REALLY INTERESTING what mindark had to say about this...

In regards to ppl looking at the lowest payouts -> also look at the payout that comes after, sometimes it catches up. What the reson for this is i dont know, but maybe holidays or something bureaucratical.

In another angle though - the return is and has always been on a steady decline. Look at AVG ROI.
It would be REALLY INTERESTING what mindark had to say about this...

More people are on RT, Ark, and Cyrene after caly markup markets crashed. hunting and mining there is absolutely horrible.

Cyrene had it's full launch, Ark is gaining popularity because hunting markups are vastly improved compared to caly, and RT has Hell (foma is all TT trash now).

That's why there's a decline.

More people are on RT, Ark, and Cyrene after caly markup markets crashed. hunting and mining there is absolutely horrible.

Cyrene had it's full launch, Ark is gaining popularity because hunting markups are vastly improved compared to caly, and RT has Hell (foma is all TT trash now).

That's why there's a decline.

Cyrene is yet to full launch, but yeah i agree, i have rarely stepped on caly since the loot change, especially since thyroid went awol

4.2428PED today

You would think migration would bring more than that.. idk

Close to 5 million in total loot. Pretty normal for migration.

Shrapnel conversion eats away from the revenue... and there definitely is a lot of that going on.

Close to 5 million in total loot. Pretty normal for migration.

Shrapnel conversion eats away from the revenue... and there definitely is a lot of that going on.

Maybe, I still know a lot of old hardcore grinders that ain't playing atm but still have their high tier mm etc..
On the other hand, if you don't like the payout.. sell your deeds.. MU is still a lot more then what most paid for them

Maybe, I still know a lot of old hardcore grinders that ain't playing atm but still have their high tier mm etc..
On the other hand, if you don't like the payout.. sell your deeds.. MU is still a lot more then what most paid for them

markup of CLDs isn't worth what they bring in each week.. I sold mine off a few months ago after i kept getting 2.5-3.5 ped/week for them. I can take that 1.7k and start auction flipping gazzurdite every other week and make more than that.

Reactions: das
No need to quote me for that, i never had cld's nor am i a reseller.. I just play the system & try to survive from the loot i get

Yea but those same grinders wouldn't play anyway unless every mob farted rainbows and mu was beyond exceptional.. too many elms still in circulation. Glad they didn't drop more.

Those same grinders are short thInkers. Often times it is better to feed people's obsessions than to partake. I'll leave it as that.

Back