Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

I know it's not that relevant, but

30% of 1000 = 300
1/3 of 1000 = 333.33333333...

300 != 333.333333....

30% != 1/3

But in your point you are basically right as long as returns stay as they are atm.

Yeah, I ill now, and simply divided a 1000/3. I calc hardly too! (smile.jpg)

Well, I received the following message today when extracting my PED:

[] Transfer complete! 5.42000 PED was transferred to your PED card.

Perhaps next week I will calculate my exact PED card balance before and after the transfer, and see if the message is imprecise.

Well buy 9 more deeds and the message would be a little different :)

ouch on today's payout

:)

1.94 PED/Deed

loot doesn't seem to be changed from last week but the ROI is 1/3.

tracker can tell nothing but globals.

beside that. personally my last weeks loot was good, mostly break even very very small losses every here and then, did I global?

To generate revenue for MA and the PP, speak the CLD owners, people need to have bad loots :)
The more decay not paid out as loot, the more revenue, for CLD owners, MA and the PP

do they take loot given out away from the amount they figure to divide? ath make low?

do they take loot given out away from the amount they figure to divide? ath make low?

What else?

MAs revenue comes from decay!

All existing PED (TT values of items) are in fact liability for MA, as this could be withdrawn.
The more PED get killed without a return, the better for MA, the bigger their revenue.

Speak ATH cuts revenue, absolutely right!

Makes sense, its xmas week, alot of people wont be playing.

Buy CL Deeds by all means, but dont forget to actually do some hunting, mining or crafting as well....

Because if enough people dont, you wont get jack... ;)

Having said which, this weeks payout was very "dynamic" wasn't it? :scratch2:

I have 194.33 (per 100). Could the op include those decimals?

Thanks
Angel

What else?

MAs revenue comes from decay!

All existing PED (TT values of items) are in fact liability for MA, as this could be withdrawn.
The more PED get killed without a return, the better for MA, the bigger their revenue.

Speak ATH cuts revenue, absolutely right!

only if you believe they made a game with fundemental flaws. the ATH is prize money, same as all other ubers and HOFs (you might even want to include all loot). this is pooled, so you have an amount related to activity payed out. activity has a slice skimmed off, some of decay, say 0.9% or 1.67% whatever, then the rest goes to the pool to be returned to the players.

Just before christmas people probably need the money elsewhere. Some are probably also saving peds for Merry Mayhem event startning now.

ROI History
12.26.11: Avg. ROI 21.03% l Weekly ROI 21.03% l 1.94
12.19.11: Avg. ROI 24.68% l Weekly ROI 28.18% l 5.42 ped per deed
12.12.11: Avg. ROI 22.93% l Weekly ROI 27.66% l 5.32 ped per deed
12.5.11: Avg. ROI 18.2% l Weekly ROI 18.2% l 3.5 ped per deed

cant understand why 21.03% roi on 12.26 is just 1.04 ped and on 12.5 18.2% is 3.5 ped per deed

The ROI is a running number over the total return so far.
So it is the 4 week average return now.
next week it will be the 5 week average return.

cheers
siam

ROI History
12.26.11: Avg. ROI 21.03% l Weekly ROI 21.03% l 1.94

12.5.11: Avg. ROI 18.2% l Weekly ROI 18.2% l 3.5 ped per deed

thats not telling me why 18.2% is 3.5 ped and nearly 3% more over 1 ped lesser in sum

sry maybe im somewhere wrong but in game i the deeds showed more they will give and it was around 50 % lesser than they showed

Next week there will be a higher amount of peds I think =)

only if you believe they made a game with fundemental flaws. the ATH is prize money, same as all other ubers and HOFs (you might even want to include all loot). this is pooled, so you have an amount related to activity payed out. activity has a slice skimmed off, some of decay, say 0.9% or 1.67% whatever, then the rest goes to the pool to be returned to the players.

Well, depends how the pooled PED are calculated.
Does the pooled PED has an direct effect on the ROI, or is it excluded as at this moment (not looted yet) its not a real liability to MA. PED reserved to be looted, but still not liability as it can´t be withdrawn, as long it isn´t looted.

IF pooled PED is excluded, we can have some real nice ROIs as long no one hits the big one, then the big one gets hit, the ROI drops dramatically down, as the real liability for MA is drastically (relativ) increased, due to transfer reserved PED to real liability that may be withdrawn now.

There are different ways to handle that.

No matter how it is calculated, there will be good weeks and bad weeks.
Last week definately was a bad week for CLD owners, maybe a good one for hunters/crafters and miners :D

i own around 15 land deeds which showed me that morning income of around 70 ped 24.9%
but i got 29.15 ped that time
atm deeds show me 60.72 ped for 21.05%

we havent got any of that numbers so info on deeds must wrong ROI was arounf 11% i would say

yes, and I would add... very strange checking EntropiaTracker's Calypso records (http://www.entropiatracker.com/planets.asp), loot doesn't seem to be changed from last week but the ROI is 1/3.

1.94 PED/Deed

tracker can tell nothing but globals.

beside that. personally my last weeks loot was good, mostly break even very very small losses every here and then, did I global?

To generate revenue for MA and the PP, speak the CLD owners, people need to have bad loots :)
The more decay not paid out as loot, the more revenue, for CLD owners, MA and the PP

Have you considered that the "decay" PP get might only be generated from secondary activities? So that it is entirely independent from offensive decay and loot in mining, or cost of drops and mining loot? So only things like extractor, armor, refiner decay, cost of ME and oil in moving about etc matter?

Have you considered that the "decay" PP get might only be generated from secondary activities? So that it is entirely independent from offensive decay and loot in mining, or cost of drops and mining loot? So only things like extractor, armor, refiner decay, cost of ME and oil in moving about etc matter?

Possible to do it that way, but to be honest. Average 90% returns on the long run, seems MA taking 10% of the offensive decay to cover their costs (generate revenue) aswell :)

You misunderstood something about decay and MAs revenue :)

Revenue comes from decay of items when they are used, excluded from that is Ammo, Auction fees, etc. prob much more. Part of the decay is not revenue either. Revenue decay should be around 1% of the PEDs spent on activities. This money is paid to MA/calypso/and now us at the end of every week directly. All the other money is transfered back into the economy and probably fuels ATHs etc. Higher and lower revenue thus only projects higher and lower acitivity.

Over christmas many people werent playing and some are stocking PEDs up to waste on mayhem event now. This weeks revenue was bad because of that. Next weeks should be the highest revenues we got for now.

Edit: here is the link again https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...st-comments-about-decay-and-MindArk-s-revenue

Last edited:
Seems i forgot to hit save on when i did last edits final check, lol, all good now ;)

Possible to do it that way, but to be honest. Average 90% returns on the long run, seems MA taking 10% of the offensive decay to cover their costs (generate revenue) aswell :)

Not sure we can make that 10% match with the numbers we see from tracker.

i own around 15 land deeds which showed me that morning income of around 70 ped 24.9%
but i got 29.15 ped that time
atm deeds show me 60.72 ped for 21.05%

we havent got any of that numbers so info on deeds must wrong ROI was arounf 11% i would say

The ROI numbers on the deed express an average of every ROI calculated together. As they cant really predict future ROI thats the only thing they can show there. This numbers will only be partly accurate if you gather them over a long time (a year or something). And even then they wont show the exact number, but only the average you will get. You could get 30 one week and 70 the other and after that it would show an estimate of 50 for the next.

Edit again: Ok im a little off, it's the average of last 3 months thats shown there

The values for ROI on the deed itself are a average over 3 months. But there area only 4 weeks of data so far, so right now its an average of 4 weeks.

In retail the 21st-24th or so are usually a large step up in sales, by 2x-4x or more from the 2 weeks before. Obviously depends on the business etc. If that many more people are spending on presents, they wont be spending on games.

Makes sense it was low this last week. I know i cant play this time of year, too busy.

Well, depends how the pooled PED are calculated.
Does the pooled PED has an direct effect on the ROI, or is it excluded as at this moment (not looted yet) its not a real liability to MA. PED reserved to be looted, but still not liability as it can´t be withdrawn, as long it isn´t looted.

IF pooled PED is excluded, we can have some real nice ROIs as long no one hits the big one, then the big one gets hit, the ROI drops dramatically down, as the real liability for MA is drastically (relativ) increased, due to transfer reserved PED to real liability that may be withdrawn now.

There are different ways to handle that.

No matter how it is calculated, there will be good weeks and bad weeks.
Last week definately was a bad week for CLD owners, maybe a good one for hunters/crafters and miners :D

you miss my point. its irrelevent how the player pool/revenue split is calculated, the must be a player pool from which all player returned funds come, from 1pec to an ATH. to not seperate would leave MA an potentially unlimited exposure, say in the event of a bug or hack, to distributing more loot than they have. there may be an indirect effect on an ATH on revenue as players change their behaviour, but we must assume that a large payout in a given week does not direct effect their revenue, and by extension that of the deeds.

of course technically this is speculative, but as said, otherwise the system is irrational and flawed (would you risk a bug wiping you out?)

Back